PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the definitive HD tracks walk through?

blackwiggle
5th February 2009, 02:07 AM
I know Elhabib had it marked down with a few others here to do a definitive walk through,corner by corner,on the best way to attack each track.

It seems not to have eventuated.

How were the previous Wipeout track guides done to the satisfaction of all?

The Pilots lounge would need one,if only for completion.

Just a thought.

yeldar2097
5th February 2009, 11:01 AM
i was wondering about that when i first joined.
willing to help if anyone wants to have a crack at it.
i think it'd be the only one on the web; yes i did go searching for one when i couldn't even beat venom.

Hellfire_WZ
5th February 2009, 03:41 PM
I was initially intending to do an FAQ like with the other games, but my workload at the moment is far too prohibitive. Believe me, teacher training really does sap your time. Maybe once I'm done with the course I'll give it a crack, but certainly not in the near future :(

Danterich
5th February 2009, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know gamefaqs.com ? It´s my first adress for quality walkthroughs.
I´ve read the WipeoutHD "walkthrough" , IMHO race-game-walkthroughs cannot be much helpful.

yeldar2097
5th February 2009, 06:56 PM
read that one too.
i do know what you mean danterich, but i suppose having a list of br spots/how to take corners etc could prove helpful to some. when i first came here i wondered why my tt/sl times were so far behind everyone else's. turns out i was using turbo's in completely the wrong places.

Hellfire_WZ
5th February 2009, 08:00 PM
Danterich - Yeah, all of my other guides are posted there. I tend to go into a lot more detail than the one up there at the moment ;)

Mad-Ice
6th February 2009, 08:21 PM
You can find a lot of tips in the thread: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5398&highlight=piloting+tips

And of course we can add some more.

eLhabib
10th February 2009, 05:46 PM
I'm still looking into doing that guide, together with Charlie and a few others (I hope). I think we should do it as an open project though, because racelines certainly differ, and some people know way more about BR spots, for example, than others (me).
I'll start writing up a template when I find time in the next weeks, and I'll fill it with my part of the HD knowledge ;)

Darkdrium777
10th February 2009, 05:48 PM
Perhaps start a Google document that anyone can edit, or maybe a Wiki?

eLhabib
10th February 2009, 08:24 PM
God forbid, not a wiki!
I'm not saying that everyone should be able to edit it - just a handful of experienced pilots.