PDA

View Full Version : Favourite tracks?

Zebula77
13th February 2002, 07:53 AM
What's yo fav track. Mine's Florion Height course 3. It's just relaxing, and that final drop is ALWAYS a rush. Beautiful!

infoxicated
13th February 2002, 08:54 AM
Agreed - Florion is cool, and Mandrashee in any form.

I've become quite keen on Alca Vexus, Vohl Square 3 and Cubis Float 3, though. Sadly the shortcuts take the shine off of Alca and the respawning bugs ruin Vohl Square a bit.

If I'm playing a custom league with Vohl Square in it I always put it first, so that if I go from top three to last in one crappy re-spawn I can just re-start without getting too annoyed.

As Heaven Is Wide
13th February 2002, 09:18 AM
I like the majority of the tracks on the game (whoever designed them has really outdone themseves) but i suppose if i had to pick a favourite it would probably be katmoda 12 course 3 cos theres so much innovation in there (i love those flip pads).

P.S. florian height course 3 is anything but relaxing on zone mode. the jump goes all the way down to (and occasionally past) the finish line!!!

Hyper Shadow
13th February 2002, 09:46 AM
My favorite tracks have to be Florion Heights 1 & 3, Vohl Square 3 and Katmoda 12 3. The freeform on Vohl 3 simply rocks hard and the first time you plummet down the vert on Kat' 3 is simply one of the best parts of WipEout!!

UncleZeiv
13th February 2002, 11:50 AM
Track design is excellent everywhere, imho... But I still don't like katmoda and vohl square graphically... the "fluo" feeling doesn't reach 2097's standards... :smile:
Anyway, florion, cubiss 3 and vohl 3 are my favourite.

Wamdue
13th February 2002, 09:41 PM
It used to be Florian Heights 3 Reverse, but ive raced it so much in TT that its no longer a challenge in arcade or league mode, so Im right now looking for a new fave track to practice on.. Temtesh 3 reverse is by far the greatest graphical style of any track in any wipeout me thinks.. the greyish track with red/white details.. the architecture.. the jumps, the hills.. its amazing, so for relaxment i go temtesh and florian , and for challenge I kinda like Cubiss 3 reverse , cause its so big. Vohl Square 2 is fun... i dont race mandrashee much, cause its not fast enough.

Id say, Temtesh is my all time fave, and Cubiss is my current most frequently played

UncleZeiv
18th February 2002, 08:47 PM
By the way...

:infox, one of the *beautiful* wipeout screenshot that appears on the splashpage talks about "A view of the hanger under the track at Mandrashee". What's that? I couldn't recognize it...

_dave_

infoxicated
18th February 2002, 09:39 PM
It's not in the game... well, it might be in the opening movie, I cant remember, but it's a render of a hanger under the track. I just stole it for the minipics on the front end! :wink:

UncleZeiv
18th February 2002, 09:56 PM
Ugh, I wandered all day long looking for some strange shortcut in Mandrashee... :oops: How stupid of mine...

jmoid
19th February 2002, 05:28 PM
i agree with wamdue about temtesh bay - when i first played it i was very impressed.

course 1 reverse is a favourite - get on the roller-coaster!

Confusion
19th February 2002, 06:50 PM
This is my first post in this here forum... :smile:

Favourite course must be Katmoda 12 Course 3 both ways (reverse or normal). The HUUUUUGE drop that goes upside down is so good that I'm literally lost for words.

Florian Height Course 1 and 3 are nice as are the Mandrashee Courses...

Can't stand Alca Vexus though...

infoxicated
19th February 2002, 10:02 PM
I think Alca Vexus grows on you after a while - I forced myself to play all the tracks I hated, as I was starting to get sick of my favourite ones.

Alca 3 reverse is ruined by the water effect, though, it's almost impossible to take the left hander out of the water section without either slowing to a crawl or slamming into the barrier while the AI ships just glide round it.

You'd think that ships that float in the air would not be affected by what's underneath them, whether it was water, dust, ice, chocolate or anything.

Confusion
19th February 2002, 10:41 PM
Oh I like the actual track (One of the most visually stunning ones in the whole game in my opinion), it's just so damn hard to race on!

Alca Vexus Course 3 is especially a bum track for me. Every time I come out of that bend and onto the water I always crash into those rocks. Always. Doesn't matter how slow I go I always crash.

And Temtesh Bay Course 2! Oh how nice that track looks, but when you get to those jumps... I always overshoot them and get respawned. Getting a tad annoying now.

Zebula77
20th February 2002, 09:01 AM
Overshoot! Yes, with the Pirahna. I just can't stay on track during that section. But I must say that the bit in the mines with the doors and everything is the hardest part in the game. Really frustrating!

Hyper Shadow
20th February 2002, 09:40 AM
In order to make THAT turn on Alca Vexus 3 I find that you have to turn well before you want to and hit the air brake, once your facing the way you want to go the ship will just grip and you can just burn your way down the track, it takes some practice but it usually becomes second nature after a while. On AV3 I usually just skip that part altogether.....:wink:

Confusion
20th February 2002, 12:35 PM
On 2002-02-20 10:01, Zebula77 wrote:
Overshoot! Yes, with the Pirahna. I just can't stay on track during that section. But I must say that the bit in the mines with the doors and everything is the hardest part in the game. Really frustrating!

Not just with a Piranha for me. With a Tigron or a Xios too. The mines part is actually quite fun... just avoid the actual mine areas... they're evil. Tiny little boulder and you've lost the race.

Confusion
20th February 2002, 12:36 PM
On 2002-02-20 10:40, Hyper Shadow wrote:
In order to make THAT turn on Alca Vexus 3 I find that you have to turn well before you want to and hit the air brake, once your facing the way you want to go the ship will just grip and you can just burn your way down the track, it takes some practice but it usually becomes second nature after a while. On AV3 I usually just skip that part altogether.....:wink:

Well I can make that turn if the course is reversed... just never when going normally. I'll just keep practicing. Doubt I'll ever get a perfect lap on that track though! :smile:

infoxicated
20th February 2002, 01:39 PM
In the forward version it's never a problem - I just duck through the waterfall shortcut and you don't encounter it.

In the reverse version you cant avoid it, though :sad:

Confusion
20th February 2002, 01:48 PM
Waterfall shortcut?

infoxicated
20th February 2002, 02:12 PM
After the turbo jump there's a waterfall on the left. If you tap both air-brakes and drop off the track through the waterfall, you cut out the whole water section.

If you're going fast, though, you need to really apply the air-brakes hard or you'll hit the roof and rebound back out of the tunnel.

UncleZeiv
20th February 2002, 02:24 PM
Zebula77 wrote:
Overshoot! Yes, with the Pirahna. I just can't stay on track during that section.

To avoid overshooting try tapping one airbrake just before jumping: if you do it properly you land abruptly but without "flying" nor loosing too speed.

UncleZeiv
20th February 2002, 02:27 PM
Talking about shortcuts, I don't know if you know this one: in Vohl Square 2 forward (I hope it's the right track :roll:) one of the first right turns is emphasized by red arrows. Well, you can fly under those arrows cutting some three seconds from the lap. I'm writing it because I discovered it by chance and it seemed quite tough to see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UncleZeiv on 2002-02-20 15:28 ]</font>

As Heaven Is Wide
20th February 2002, 03:06 PM
Yeah i noticed that one (took me a while to notice it), the thing that bugs me is that there are shortcuts in every area (not track) exept florion heights, which coincidently is the only area where the official site hinted at one.

Confusion
20th February 2002, 03:15 PM
Aha! Underneath the Auricom Sign. Much easier now.

Hyper Shadow
21st February 2002, 01:23 PM
Also, on Vohl 2, there is a little break in the circuit that if you slam your air breaks on and drop down, you'll find a multitude of speed up pads that not only cancel the time you used to slow down put also cut off some time aswell.