PDA

View Full Version : Main Menu music

Darkdrium777
1st February 2009, 09:14 PM
Anyone noticed there were two music loops for the main menu in WipEout Pulse?
Or did everyone already know, and I am just retarded? :lol
I swear I didn't notice it until today, and I must've had the game for a year now. :o

Is there the same thing in HD? I can't check right now, but if there is I'd like to catch up with everyone on that subject :D

edit: thread # 300, THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Chill
2nd February 2009, 12:53 AM
THIS IS SPARTAAAA!!!

What exactly do you mean by "two" music loops?

It surprised me that it was only a few days ago that I realized that the menu music on Pulse and HD are the same!! :o

If it was up to me, I preferred the Fusion menu music...

Darkdrium777
2nd February 2009, 02:19 AM
Listen carefully. Go in the game, listen to the music (Record it on a computer with Audacity and a stereo cable if you must). Then start a race, finish it, go back to the menu and listen to the music again. It's different.

I know one of these loops was edited and put with HD for sure (So yeah same music as HD mostly), the other one didn't go there. It has those weird reverbing (Or rebounding, echoing, etc.) alarm sounds (Don't know if you see what I mean) in it.

rdmx
2nd February 2009, 04:37 AM
I thought there were at least 2 or 3 - there's definitely a different music loop and I'm suprised that no-one else has noticed. :S

Darkdrium777
2nd February 2009, 05:56 AM
Yeah well maybe I'm the only 'tard left who hasn't caught on... :( :lol That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

darkfaerytales
2nd February 2009, 09:08 AM
the music on pulse menus ( the first loop of the two present ) is indeed a just a loop, in hd it's a complete track, so this is the difference

rdmx
2nd February 2009, 09:39 AM
I want the song they use on the save file :|

Sausehuhn
2nd February 2009, 10:10 AM
Then why don't you just connect your PSP with you PC's audio-in port and record the music (with audacity for example)? :)

rdmx
2nd February 2009, 11:17 AM
The loop is like 3 seconds long - no thanks :P

mdhay
2nd February 2009, 03:43 PM
There are three loops.

Darkdrium777
2nd February 2009, 04:03 PM
Three? What does the third one sound like?

rdmx
3rd February 2009, 06:09 AM
Oh yes there's definitely at least 4 think. Or I'm just mad - the 3rd one sounds like the 2nd with an instrument removed.

Harvai
3rd February 2009, 01:12 PM
I've definatley noticed two menu musics - I quite like it actually, having different menu musics

But four of them? Damnit insertcoin, I'm going to have to sit down and listen out for them now

Chill
4th February 2009, 06:05 AM
I always though Fusion's menu music was # 1!!! It still gets stuck in my head quit often, and I haven't even touched the game in at least a year!!!

start loop... doodu tsht dudloodu tsht... doodu tsht... doolooloolool... doodu tsht dooludu tsht... doodu tsht.... doot... doot... end loop

Lance
4th February 2009, 07:23 PM
:) Putting it that way in letters almost makes it seem like Walk On The Wild Side, by Lou Reed. :P :D

Sausehuhn
5th February 2009, 12:38 PM
Yep, Chill, you're right! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsTa17MaGRQ)

Seraph
5th February 2009, 09:58 PM
Whoa whoa whoa... Wait a sec... Four main menu tracks???? I guess i don't pay too much attention to the menu music... I thought there where two tracks but four? It's cool anyway... :beer

Chill
6th February 2009, 12:22 AM
Yep, Chill, you're right! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsTa17MaGRQ)

Oh no wonder the track was so good... it was made by Nightmares On Wax!! haha... (noticed in the comments)... One of my favorite techno artists!! :D

MindXperience
12th February 2009, 01:38 PM
If somebody wants to know:
the easiest way of changing music is open music menu and leave it. Now you hear music 2.

rdmx
14th February 2009, 01:50 AM
Proof of 4 menu music tracks in Pulse :P Find the 7z file
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=1421

Darkdrium777
14th February 2009, 02:35 AM
A'ight well I'm convinced. Good job :)

MindXperience
14th February 2009, 10:11 AM
No2 and No4 sound similar.

rdmx
14th February 2009, 12:06 PM
They do but No4 has an extra instrument that comes in.

Harvai
19th February 2009, 10:18 AM
****, downloaded and listened to them, and they all clicked in my mind - I had heard 'em all before.

+Rep for you, my good sir

NightArh
17th June 2009, 03:50 AM
I liked intro music that was in Promo version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE7C1YyjHTE) It was a bit psychedelic one but cute :)

Rapier Racer
25th June 2009, 04:21 PM
I found one of the loops incredibly irritating. The one I like best with the mysterious touch and the windy effect sort of thing is what HD ended up with, good choice lads at SL :+