PDA

View Full Version : I finally gave up on Fusion

AmishRobot
27th September 2002, 04:54 AM
I was bored over the last weekend, so I decided to pop Fusion back in (after quite a long break) and see if I could make a little more progress in it. By the time I was done, I was more bored than when I started. :(

So I finally gave up today and traded it in. I said my goodbyes and let go. It seems the prospect of a decent Robotech game was just too good to resist. :) I traded in a few other things as well, and picked up both Robotech and Tekken4.

So that's the end of Fusion for me. I think I'll stick with WO3 and XL for my racing fix. They may not be as pretty, but they're a heck of a lot more fun.

Once I've gotten a little more time with them, I'll post my opinion of Teken and Robotech. From what chance I've had to play so far, I'm pretty impressed by Robotech. (was Robotech even a show outside the US?)

Wamdue
27th September 2002, 06:31 AM
Im keeping mine because I want my wipeout collection complete ;)

Confusion
30th September 2002, 03:42 PM
Really? I gave up on Fusion like 2 months after it's release.

stin
1st October 2002, 06:14 PM
you gave up!!!!! and got rid of fusion!!!! me no chance cos I have all the Wipeouts and I will keep it :wink:

If any happens in the future we can always fall back to the games we play and might not get bored! (hopefully)

stin :D

Wiseman
10th October 2002, 09:02 AM
Yeah, one of my friends let me "borrow" his copy of Fusion so I could play it again.

Only reminded me of how sloppy the control is. :\

Just a a question, I'm sure you must all know this (kinda hard not to) but I've never seen it discussed anywhere here before (perhaps on the official Fusion board, but I never visit there, so...)

Anyway, you know the shortcuts on Alica Vexus, section 2 and Cubiss Float section 2, where you have to hit the switch to open the doors to take the shortcut?

Am I the only one that knows that you don't need to do that, as those doors have no collision detection whatsoever, and you can drive right through them?

I know that was the "final nail in the coffin" for me. Just too many bugs to make racing for times worthless.

Task
10th October 2002, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I noticed that.
"You turn right and go through that door."
"What, that closed door?"
"Yeah, right through it."
"Um... Doesn't it get in the way?"
"Yeah, just like tissue paper gets in your way when you're flying an arrow-shaped craft at 1000 kph."
And yet on some tracks, if you don't hit the switch then you can't go through no matter how hard you try.
I'm thinking that the F9000 is using some advanced holo-equipment in their new tracks...

Wiseman
10th October 2002, 09:19 AM
Yeah, on Katmoda 12 section 2, they were more an annoyance than anything else, and on Tetemesh Bay section 2, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

(also, I know I am misspelling the names of some of the tracks, but oh well)

organizedn015e
11th October 2002, 07:31 PM
Not to long ago I had the urge to play wipeout. I havent played a wipeout game since the first one. I decided to go rent fusion. I was soooooooooooo disapointed. they really messed the game up. The game isnt near as fun as the first and the design is second rate.

Viso
15th October 2002, 03:13 PM
At least Wipeout Fusion doesn't make the 1st person view do a spontaneous 360 degree roll like Wipeout 3 occasionally does. That is really disorienting and often causes me to crash into the track. Wipeout Fusion finds other less annoying and more predictable ways of achiving that goal.

lunar
16th October 2002, 12:52 AM
I really like the way WO3 (and 2097 even more often) spins you round in cockpit view, it all adds to the drama really, like when you lean over on corners or duck as you go into tunnels. The roll thing used to happen to me all the time on the last left hander on Valparaiso. The fusion physics wouldn`t allow it to happen, but I guess if it happened in zone you might hurl yourself onto the floor and end up sueing someone.

U V
9th March 2003, 01:22 AM
finshed the league races and challenge mode thing, but finding it very hard getting all golds in the time-trail mode.
plus i can't move on in the 'zone' races as i can only get as far as level 27!

love playing Wipeout Fusion in 'bumper' view; mainly for the homing missile lock-on graphics!

zargz
9th March 2003, 04:06 PM
the flip thing is on wo1 as well! i think it's cool. some times I race fr the inside just to c it,
normally I race in the 3rd pers view, the best is if u got the autopilot on and u get hit!
afriend had fusion we completed like 70% of the game then it was just too ..
bad? boring? I dunno ..

lunar
9th March 2003, 09:12 PM
I completed all of Fusion except the challenges, which are just too slow.

Asche XL
10th March 2003, 01:27 AM
I gave up a few weeks ago. It's such a horrible game. I never get the urge to play it. I'll stick to quantum redshift for a while ( despite it's cornyness).