PDA

View Full Version : Rare But annoying!

Firedshot
29th January 2009, 09:21 PM
A little rant! Don't you just hate it when your having a flying race and you lap some one then they decide to shoot you!! So annoying, on a par with the fantastic race your doing and your looking at a new PB time or better and you hit mine's or a bomb from the lap before!

yeldar2097
29th January 2009, 09:35 PM
i completely agree. you've picked up 6 turbos, perfect lines, all the BRs, you're about to beast your record, you lap someone, 'missile'. are you joking?!?! or alternatively 'quake', thats nearly as bad. i was having a brilliant race and still got a really good time but i couldn't help thinking what might have been...

kingheim
30th January 2009, 11:06 AM
Well, it is annoying but this is the game. And i must admit too that if i lap someone and have a plasma, i give a try, just for improve my plasma skill :twisted :lol

silverfoxy
30th January 2009, 11:21 AM
Someone just tried to do that to me but didn't do him any good. Frustrating when it happens but c'est la vie I suppose....

stinkleroy
30th January 2009, 12:32 PM
This has happened to me a few times....still can't bring myself to shoot first though. It's just feels wrong....

Darkdrium777
30th January 2009, 01:06 PM
I had a plasma as well and lapped someone. I absorbed it of course, I wanted to give the guy a chance (Resulting in me having 100% of energy). Needless to say, I was quaked twice and missiled once.

I'm never doing that again.

stinkleroy
30th January 2009, 01:10 PM
Haha I know that feeling all too well...I think I need to take a 'have no mercy' stance. If your'e being lapped, you should move down a speed class until you've got the tracks down. That is my new reason for firing at last place :D

Sideshow
3rd February 2009, 02:53 PM
I was playing a couple of french guys the other week, and after beating them the first two tournies I swear they hatched a plan where one raced and the other deliberately flew slowly and waited ahead of me with mines and bombs.

mic-dk
5th February 2009, 03:47 AM
I've never had the dubiuos pleasure of being lapped, BUT... If I ever am lapped you can be sure I'll use every weapon available to put me back on the same lap as the leader :banzai

Firedshot
5th February 2009, 10:21 PM
Lol mic, you'd have to be really bad to be lapped!

Psychotic_Fluids
11th March 2009, 12:58 AM
It is SO frustrating when that happens!
Especially if the 2nd racer is right behind you and wins the race because of a stupid weapon that doesn't belong to that lap...

Vartazian
14th March 2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah. When I lap people I always make sure I got a Boost or a Shield (Pref) to Make sure I get gain distance on something or Shield the quake or not.

dobyblue
16th March 2009, 05:56 PM
I was playing a couple of french guys the other week, and after beating them the first two tournies I swear they hatched a plan where one raced and the other deliberately flew slowly and waited ahead of me with mines and bombs.

I am pretty sure I've played those guys too!

Connavar
16th March 2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah I hate it when it happens, I try to shoot them before they shoot me.