PDA

View Full Version : Website for Global Rankings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Rezatron
23rd June 2010, 11:55 PM
Yep good clean fun it is. Just had another online session hosted by Woopzilla. Gave it another 50 goes or so. Was tired to begin with now i'm completely :dizzy ready to passout

Chill
25th June 2010, 06:14 AM
Replies Views

1,000 47,999

Sorry, just thought I'd shed a little light on the crazy record Rezatron just broke!!

:dizzy

Rezatron
28th June 2010, 04:11 AM
Yes but too bad it was without a worthless off topic post! :g

Back on topic, I got around to doing a Syncopia SL and indeed my index increased. Not sure what the formula looks like, but it's something for Connavar to consider the next time he messes around with the site.

AspenExcel
2nd July 2010, 08:55 PM
Hey guys. I was going to add a time for myself, but I'm not sure what the "Extra" column means. What numbers do I put there?

SaturnReturn
2nd July 2010, 09:21 PM
Think that's been answered before somewhere. As I understand it, it should change depending on the event type. If you select TT, for example, it should be speed pads. I don't think you need to fill it in anyway. Can always fill in the compulsory stuff and then fill in extra later. I used to do it all the time.;)

leungbok
7th July 2010, 04:51 PM
speedlap phantom metropia : 19.29 - 4 speedpads :eek
There's a mistake, no ?

ShawnFrecle
7th July 2010, 06:04 PM
Ups, too much hot for my brain! This was a little mistake the 19,29 4 pads :lol...

leungbok
7th July 2010, 06:22 PM
Ok ! far more realistic ! ;)

Darkdrium777
9th July 2010, 12:08 AM
I had this idea a few hours ago. You should make a special WipEout 2D section on your site.

Rezatron
9th July 2010, 03:58 AM
and maybe incorporate a way to upload ghosts since the ghost site is down?

Aeroracer
5th August 2010, 06:46 PM
hello...

i just visited this time stat site..its really cool.

im even on there..

ive added some new personal records for speed lap i think.

on the speed lap entry bit whats the box extra for ..what do i write into it..

also whats elite tt+sl mean..i dont understand

please help..:hyper

btw very good site..

SaturnReturn
5th August 2010, 06:51 PM
Check out 6 posts ago and some really helpful person already answered the 'extra' question. TT+SL means Time Trial + Speed Lap. It's an overall result from both.

Connavar
8th September 2010, 03:44 AM
Connavar I think the code for Vineta K Rapier SL is getting in the way of the bot again.

Bot needs to be set at 19.20 but I can't change it.

:)
Finally got back home and so I fixed the code limit.
Just tried to put the bot to 19.20 and it worked!

Note: what else must be done on this website?

Reezy
8th September 2010, 12:37 PM
The amount of time it saves your log in details isn't long enough. Can you set the cookie to never expire or something?

shapealot
8th September 2010, 01:53 PM
hey connavar just a reminder about the venom speed lap code mate, thanx in advance

Connavar
9th September 2010, 01:11 AM
Reezy: changed it from 7 days, to 1 year (366 days).
shapealot: it should work with the correction I did yesterday, change the bot.

Reezy
9th September 2010, 10:24 AM
That's awesome thanks.

Colonel
9th October 2010, 12:18 AM
I've only recently been on this rankings website, it's awesome I have to say. The only records I've added are Zone scores because they're the only records of mine that are worth entering. Either way I'm over the moon to be ranked in the top 100 for it.

With regards to rankings I have a question. Do people consider the Index or the Average the more accurate way of ranking somebody?

Anyway, great site Connovar, keep up the good work.

yeldar2097
9th October 2010, 12:40 AM
Afaik the index, since it (I think) was created to take into account how many records people have entered, as well as their average scores, so as to avoid the situation where somebody with one WR would have and average of 1000 and be placed at the top of the rankings. I'm not sure if the code was changed to give higher/lower values to perticular speed classes, but either way I think the index is the most accurate :)

SaturnReturn
9th October 2010, 10:58 AM
I think if two players have more or less the same number of tracks then index. If they don't then you're probably better off with looking at their average across individual game modes. But to be honest, I think you should always look at both to get the best idea.

amplificated
9th October 2010, 11:11 AM
I don't know what the index is. You can have more tracks played than someone and a higher average + overall score, but they can still have a higher index.

I don't get it. I think some race types are more valuable to index than others are...

Colonel
9th October 2010, 11:13 AM
Cheers lads. At the moment for Zone I'm ranked 59th by Index and 99th by average, you can imagine which one I prefer!

It's largely my Anulpha Pass score that drags my average down. I honestly don't get how people have such high scores on that track. It's not like I haven't practiced it or anything, I've done over 2,000 laps on the bugger, just can't seem to get above zone 60-ish. :brickwall

Dark_Phantom_89
10th October 2010, 09:05 PM
I don't know what the index is. You can have more tracks played than someone and a higher average + overall score, but they can still have a higher index.

I don't get it. I think some race types are more valuable to index than others are...

I think that the index is based on how many records you have, and what your positions were during those records. It stops people who've only 2 records being at the top due to a ridiculously high average.

amplificated
11th October 2010, 07:15 AM
I get that aspect, but I don't know everything that it's based on as I think it's odd that you can have a higher average + overall score, more races completed, and still have a lower index than another person.

I don't know why that would be the case.

Reezy
11th October 2010, 10:53 PM
@amplificated, example? I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.

amplificated
12th October 2010, 04:57 AM
I only noticed it because I have 28 listings per page (1 extra being me when I'm outside the top 28), since that's what fits my screen...

In overall rank, I'm #39 with 223 records, 142707 overall score and an average of 640. My Index is 560.

#28 (OBH) has 197 records, an overall score of 121863, an average of 619, and an index of 602.

I think my index is a little low given my stats compared to OBH's

SaturnReturn
12th October 2010, 05:53 PM
Connavar changed the formula some time ago. I think the change gave a higher weighting to Phantom class, or at least it was something such that a lot of the players who are considered to be some of the best, are not missing from near the top of the overall board because they don't have a lot of venom records, for example. I guess it's a matter of opinion whether that is right or not. I think it's always best to consider things more specifically anyway. I race Phantom class so I only really compare my results across Phantom.

Laeke
23rd October 2010, 04:13 PM
Someone added my times, awesome :g
Many thanks to whoever did it.

The site is a really good effort, keep things going.

Laeke
25th October 2010, 10:03 AM
Double post but I have questions that may have been answered... but a thorough browsing of the thread might not be possible.

I read that game modes did not weight the same in your formula, which is fine by me (I think the Single/MP Race times are indeed... how should I say it... merely secondary?).

I was wondering however if each race venue had the same value?
Obviously, Anulpha seems to "weight" a lot more. My matrix show that those are my best score even though I rank fairly low.
Is it somehow linked to how dense the leaderboard is? Anulpha seems to be a popular track (Venom SL because of Beat Zico, etc...), so even though in the absolute i'm low on the boards my times are relatively deemed OK.

I'm asking because I have some assumptions that you may confirm about how populated are the leaderboards:
- Most crowded leaderboards: those for events featured in the campaign mode or that are attached to trophies.
- Forward tracks more popular than reverse tracks
- HD tracks more popular than Fury tracks

Thanks in advance.

amplificated
25th October 2010, 10:57 AM
The index for each track is based on your time vs the top time. Especially on Venom, Anulpha Pass has a very, very fast top record compared to the times that most people have. Zico's record is an absolute joke compared to JF and texasalex's times.

So yeah, most people are going to have a very low score for that track.

Laeke
25th October 2010, 12:31 PM
amplificated,

I double checked and indeed I was mistaken: my SL Venom on AP gives me a quite low score, esp. compared to my other scores on this track (SL & TT) which were the ones that bugged me: they are quite strong compared to the rest of my matrix.

Thus while I wondered if AP had a different value in the formula and if the stiffer competition had something to do with it.

Though upon further inspection, it seems that I am closer from the best time (even though there is way more people between me and the top) at AP than on other tracks. Which I guess is kinda cool for my ego :redface:

Oryx Crake
27th October 2010, 11:23 PM
Damn man I'm slipping in the lists here >.< was a time when I was below the hundreds... oh happy days!

Connavar
28th October 2010, 12:11 AM
amplificated: Saturn is right, the system rewards Phantom records a bit more.
It took me a lot of iterations to get it right, and if you look at the overall
rankings, I think it does a good job. OBH is above you, but just look at his
matrix! He got some awesome times, and IMO fully deserves to be ranked this
high.

Also, I found a glitch in the matrix, the overall score on the right would be wrong
like 90% of the time, now it's correct!!

mikrucio
28th October 2010, 06:59 AM
WOW thanks guys! I just put all my speed laps in, and im ranked 55 in the WORLD! wow thanks heaps i feel like iv achieved something even though all iv done is waste time playing computer games lol.

AND Iv just been checking all my times and some of my best times are not the times on the server!
why isnt the server copy being updated?

Laeke
28th October 2010, 08:42 AM
Not sure which server you speak of?

I doubt that Connavar would be able to simply get "copies" of the official leaderboards and the process of data input seems quite time consuming and has to be done manually in part. It is my understanding that Connavar and chboing made some giant updates in the past (600 and 400 days ago I suppose, seeing how old are my times from back then) to fill in the boards but cannot do that on a regular basis. So each user has the ability to add and edit his own new times. Keepting the tables updated is a collective effort.

But since you updated some times yourself, I may just have misunderstood you?

mikrucio
28th October 2010, 08:58 AM
which server! (face palm) the SL server of course!

Laeke
28th October 2010, 09:13 AM
which server! (face palm) the SL server of course!

I suspected that... :paperbag
The SL server has always been somewhat random but yeah I concur that the pattern for (non-)updates is even more confusing now.

Sorry for the lecture.

mikrucio
28th October 2010, 09:20 AM
ahhh well..... one day the sony servers will die and all we will have is that website. thanks C.

Connavar
31st October 2010, 06:41 PM
Actually we've been collecting data for a long time, but there are just so many
glitched times, sure the current filter already works very well but still cannot
filter everything perfectly, sometimes a new player scores 1000 points with
a slightly better time than the previous top time, so either he's a REALLY good
new player, or it's just a glitch.

Now I decided that it's a glitch, you don't really see a new player suddenly
score a world record. So all the new records scored by players outside the top
100 let's say, will be discarded.

So expect new, CLEAN, records updates soon.

KGB
1st November 2010, 10:21 AM
The updating of the times on the Phantom multiplayer tables (not checked any others) seems to be not working at the moment, there's 3 or 4 of mine that haven't updated after about a week!

shapealot
1st November 2010, 04:29 PM
i got a couple of phantom time trials not updating either, im not even on the board

KGB
3rd November 2010, 03:02 PM
I managed to get under the 1.50.00 point on Anulpha forward today and into the top 20 Phantom multiplayer table :hyper. It's a long time since I was there last.

There's still a few tracks that are not updating which is a pain as on one of them all five of my personal records are glitched, so I have no way of checking them properly.

R3BU5ER
4th November 2010, 07:50 PM
A few moths ago I tried to put in some times of myself into the site.
I registered, filled everything in, but when I logged in, nothing happened...so again, I logged in but again, nothing happened.

Yesterday I thought about it again, and tried to login again...nothing happened.
So I registered again, but same problem...I also checked my mailbox, but nothing received. What am I doing wrong here? :brickwall

KGB
4th November 2010, 08:10 PM
I was trying to login today using the Opera browser and it wasn't working, I changed to IE and it worked first time.

R3BU5ER
4th November 2010, 08:23 PM
Well, I just tried it with firefox and with IE, but after registering the screen pops to login again, I try to login, but it just doesn't work. Quite annoying. I don't know what the problem is, same thing happened few months ago.. have tried several times to register but no luck :frown:

KGB
4th November 2010, 08:31 PM
Your PSN id is meant to pop up in the top right corner, if not, that's the same problem I had today, don't know what else to suggest, what about all that cookie business?

R3BU5ER
4th November 2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah, nothing pops up...I've tried it with another e-mail adress, but I just can't get on.

TarquinFarqhuar
12th November 2010, 09:08 PM
Hi guys :)

I'm having the exact same problem as R3BU5ER.. Ive been a member of the site since last year, but haven't been able to log on recently. Pain in the A!
I too have tried re-registering, still no joy, and I thought it was just me being me :donut

amplificated
12th November 2010, 09:45 PM
My advice would be to delete your cookies (you can use ccleaner to specify any cookies you may have for wipeout.gamerstats.net and just delete those, as saved log-in information is deleted for sites you automatically log into and it's a little bit of a hassle if you don't remember all your passwords), and see what happens from there.

I use Firefox and haven't had any issues with the site.

TarquinFarqhuar
12th November 2010, 10:56 PM
I've already done that. Still nothin'

amplificated
12th November 2010, 11:25 PM
Honestly I don't know, but I'd try using another browser as the next step. If that doesn't work... try a different computer.

I don't think there are a lot of options you'd be able to do to fix the problem. One of the stupid things that has to be said is check that you have the right password, i.e. the one you use for the site and not your psn password, if they're different... hey, it has to be said :(

Also, I didn't get a confirmation email either afaicr, it just worked as soon as I made an account so you shouldn't worry that that's what you're missing.

R3BU5ER
13th November 2010, 10:26 AM
Well, I've tried it from my desktop, from my laptop and even through my Iphone. And nothing works. Quite irritating that I could never fill in some times. Maybe Tarqui, they don't want us in...we're too average mate! ;)

TarquinFarqhuar
13th November 2010, 12:19 PM
haha, maybe mate, maybe?.. and here's me with a rank 1 on Uber Rev Rapier too. One would think that's above average, wouldn't one lol

I've also tried accessing it from my phone, Fack all!. C'mon, let us in :hyper

yeldar2097
13th November 2010, 01:54 PM
May seem a silly thing to say but have you got the right address ?

I know it used to be wipeout-rankings.mooo.com or something along those lines back in the day so that could be it.

Just thinking of the blatently obvious cos I got no clue on this one :P

KGB
13th November 2010, 05:03 PM
haha, maybe mate, maybe?.. and here's me with a rank 1 on Uber Rev Rapier too. One would think that's above average, wouldn't one lol

You could PM me your password and I could have a try Tarquin and see what happens, I promise I am very trustworthy :P.

R3BU5ER
13th November 2010, 05:18 PM

Whehe don't feel offended herr weltmeister ;), just kiddin u know it!

Yeldar; that's not the case, the site wouldn't let me in from the first day I tried! :paperbag

TarquinFarqhuar
13th November 2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah i think I got the right address?, www.wipeoutgamerstats.net this is it yeah?. Better be or I'm a bigger plonked than I'm makin myself out to be :P

@ kgb: yeah mate, sounds good to me. I'll pm you it right now. See how that goes. Hmmm, or wer you jokin? lol

KGB
13th November 2010, 05:25 PM
Go for it mate, If I tamper with your times, it would only be to make me look better ;)

SaturnReturn
13th November 2010, 05:30 PM
Have you tried without a "www." at the start. I'm logged into the site without www., but if I put a www. at the front I'm not logged in.

Might have nothing to do with it, but try it without a www.

http://wipeout.gamerstats.net/

KGB
13th November 2010, 05:35 PM
Just tried 5 times with it and nothing happened, it just refreshed to the login page again. I tried mine twice and it signed in OK. Is it definitely the right password?

TarquinFarqhuar
13th November 2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah it should be good, it's the same one I used when I set up my PSN and Zone accounts.. All about the same time.
Hope I'm not wastin anyones time by being such a forgetful div :(

R3BU5ER
13th November 2010, 11:49 PM
I really doubt your term memory is lost that much Tarqui...You even re-registered...just like me. I tried to register with 3 different e-mails by now and I didn't get a chance. I'm afraid the site is just not working properly....for whatever reason... :(

amplificated
14th November 2010, 12:30 AM
I'd contact Connavar and see if he can delete your profiles so you can create a new one.

KGB
15th November 2010, 08:18 AM
Straight into the No 8 position on the Phantom leaderboards is TarquinFarqhuar :P. Did you get in yourself or has someone else done it?

TarquinFarqhuar
15th November 2010, 09:30 AM
your jokin?.. lol i cant believe it, i'm chuffed to bits wi that :nod :P :hyper

I never updated them, maybe connavar?. I sent him a message asking to sort it out for me. whoop whoop yipeee :beer

DjM1zw1z
4th December 2010, 09:53 AM
Wow Great website, it is really useful tbh

Connavar
5th December 2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah sorry guys, the registration part of the website is a weak point, you can't
re-register, so I'll delete you both, and then you can do it.
I plan to fix it soon, so you receive a mail etc etc, just have been busy recently
with other projects, haha I hope there will be another wipeout soon so all the
work can be reused directly!

TarquinFarqhuar
6th December 2010, 07:01 AM
no worries connavar, we know life can get in the way of wipeout related things. Thnx for yer time mate. :)

Connavar
28th December 2010, 03:43 PM
Update:

1) improved chat window dimensions, was super crappy on this PC.
2) added URL highlighting in comments & chat (Unctuous idea)

3) Syncopia now counts as a valid track for all modes, so I guess everyone lost
points, and nobody should have more than 1000 (except the BOT of course)

4) fixed international 1 & 2 bug (Rezatron reported)

amplificated
28th December 2010, 05:52 PM
Actually we've been collecting data for a long time, but there are just so many
glitched times, sure the current filter already works very well but still cannot
filter everything perfectly, sometimes a new player scores 1000 points with
a slightly better time than the previous top time, so either he's a REALLY good
new player, or it's just a glitch.

Now I decided that it's a glitch, you don't really see a new player suddenly
score a world record. So all the new records scored by players outside the top
100 let's say, will be discarded.

So expect new, CLEAN, records updates soon.

Whatever happened to this btw, Connavar? Was posted nearly 2 months ago is all

Connavar
28th December 2010, 06:09 PM
2 months of holidays happened :)

Let's say I used to be a lot more involved here, simply because there was a huge
community around the game, but of course now it's cooled down significantly,
which is a shame but it's normal, I also lost a lot of interest in the game,
and so I spend less and less time on related activities such as the website.

Basically, if I say 2 months, you can multiply that by 3!

Challenger #001
29th December 2010, 10:14 AM
The chat doesn't seem to be working. It only lists the player name when you type in a chat message, and it's tiny - can't see it at all. :/

yeldar2097
29th December 2010, 11:00 AM
?? What browser you using?

Connavar
29th December 2010, 07:31 PM
Make sure to RELOAD the page, by actually clicking on the reload button on your
browser, so it reloads javascript/css files etc, which were updated.

yeldar2097
30th December 2010, 12:40 PM
Anyone else not seeing anything atm?

Just making sure it's not just me being an idiot...

SaturnReturn
30th December 2010, 01:08 PM
I don't think a website being down and your brain being down are mutually exclusive in any way. But yes, it seems broken..........the website I mean......or do I?:twisted

Connavar
30th December 2010, 02:23 PM
Yeah, not sure what happened ... It's a shame cause I had improved it further,
you can now (on my pc) add a link to any record, like a youtube link, and well
it's very practical to organize all video records.

Oryx Crake
30th December 2010, 03:18 PM
too bad it was nice to see the chat so bustling yesterday, hope it's not a huge problem preventing you from getting it back up again.

AspenExcel
30th December 2010, 04:00 PM
I need the site back again! :D

yeldar2097
30th December 2010, 04:12 PM
You haven't been nicking stuff again have you? :P

Connavar
30th December 2010, 08:59 PM
Site was taken down by authorities because I was running an interactive Chat
application!?? If you know any good host that allows a chat, so I can relocate
that chat itself at least.

It's strange cause it was very low bandwidth, and I've seen many chat on
many sites ... weird.

Ok just read the TOS, apparently they're against applications that are too
resource intensive.

Edit: I put it on my own pc, I guess I can use my processor the way I want :D
Check it out: *****/wipeout/ (db is 2 days old though, send a PM)

mikrucio
31st December 2010, 03:03 AM
DOH! how can we get it up and running again!... this is a tregedy!

SaturnReturn
31st December 2010, 03:09 AM
Well at least it's not a tragedy. That would be a tragedy. Just kidding, but Connavar will be working on it to get it back at some point, better than evar.

mikrucio
31st December 2010, 07:16 AM
hahaha soz my bad spelling...

Anyway I think we should donate to the

"get the global website rankings up again" fund.

Connavar have you thought about getting your own domain name?

Im sure the other members would gladly chip in to help.

I would.

Connavar
1st January 2011, 12:02 PM
Well this development site allowed me to quickly add new features:
- video links in the rankings and in the matrix
- HD / Fury track order, actually Fury looks better to me so it's default now
(I forgot who asked me for this, but thanks!)

And some details:
- can choose your own colors (comments + chat)
- can display history in comments/chat
- PSN-like notifications

Colonel
3rd January 2011, 12:55 PM
Any news on when the new site will be ready Connavar? I'm itching to log some new Zone scores :hyper

Connavar
6th January 2011, 12:53 PM
Soon, 1 week maybe?
Tens of thousands of records have been updated/added, and should be really
close to the current Leaderboards, well except from the glitched times.

Challenger #001
6th January 2011, 05:11 PM
*chuckles* Tried the old URL, and it led me to a generic search page.

Related Searches for WipEout Gamerstats:
-Nudist Club
-Xbox 360
:lol

Connavar
6th January 2011, 05:37 PM
It's giving me other results. Maybe those suggestions are based on your
browsing habits? :P

SaturnReturn
6th January 2011, 06:22 PM
Ha! Busted!

Dark_Phantom_89
7th January 2011, 09:50 PM
And yeldar calls me Dutty based on my intials... I think the name must be more suited to you Chal. :g

yeldar2097
7th January 2011, 10:39 PM
Dutty_Phantom_69 & Challenger_PRON

I should make a list or something.

Connavar
9th January 2011, 10:25 AM
By the way, development site back online, once all the bugs have been ironed
out, the real one will go online too. 260k up-to-date records in the database!!

Colonel
9th January 2011, 04:14 PM
Fantastic, nice one dude.

Dark_Phantom_89
9th January 2011, 04:40 PM
Excellent work Connavar, really impressive stuff. :nod :rock

Colonel
9th January 2011, 04:50 PM
Where is it by the way? Have I missed a link somewhere?

TH4YA1
10th January 2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah! I look forward to the new site. I need to enter some new records ;)

thanks for all your effort.

Connavar
10th January 2011, 11:18 PM
Ok finished most of my TODO list, now:

- BotMods can flag glitchers with a special "cheater" flag, and then rankings can
be viewed with or without (= default) the glitchers

- User information, sort of ID card, or CV, for example for Yeldar, it shows:

Name: yeldar2097 Country: nl Records: 364 Level: 63
Best tracks: 1000 - Syncopia - Metropia - Chenghou Project
Worst tracks: 753 - The Amphiseum (R) - Modesto Heights - Modesto Heights (R)
Classes: Phantom 956 - Rapier 836 - Flash 827 - Zone 775 - Venom 734
Modes: time trial 951 - speed lap 874 - zone 806 - multiplayer race 780 - single race 693 - detonator 600
Ranks: ***:73 - **:37 - *:32 - top10:117 - top20:35 - top30:15 - other:55

... not too shabby, with 73 world records!

- Public chat removed, has become a member underground zone instead

Taking a break, then at some time I will add the Events and then all done!!!

amplificated
11th January 2011, 02:09 AM
Wow, good work Connavar. Looks like everything is coming along really well :)

And Yeldar is a freak! :lol (of course I mean that in the best of ways :P)

Colonel
11th January 2011, 06:30 AM
Haha 73 world records, FFS!

Reezy
11th January 2011, 03:53 PM
Good stuff Connavar. I'm excited to see the new site :)

KGB
11th January 2011, 03:57 PM
Yep me too, though I'm expecting to go way down the rankings. :frown:

Edit: Cheers for the link Conn. I was right, 14 places down.

(should of left it as it was) ;)

Colonel
11th January 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm rather pleased to see that I've gone from 25th to 21st (by average) for zone :)

Top 20 here we come!

flaflasat
12th January 2011, 12:35 PM
Hi Connavar, but the new link where is?
Flavio

leungbok
12th January 2011, 03:32 PM
Cool addition on the website with the videos ! :+
I've some more recent videos for some of my pb like tdr phantom speedlap or vineta k reverse ! :)

Connavar
12th January 2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks leungbok! Did you also check the 8th matrix?

Ok last touch before break: added some missing vocabulary for other languages,
by the way any other language can be added (Polish?) as long as someone
can translate the words!

+ adding timezone soon

Thanks Oryx, now Swedish is available!!

Oryx Crake
12th January 2011, 04:14 PM
wheres the link? anyways do you have swedish on there? if your looking for more languages I can help with that at least

amplificated
12th January 2011, 05:39 PM
Just checked the matrices out, they're awesome :clap

Have to love the new link matrix - all the top records with youtube links all in the one place ftw! :)

And I don't know how since I can't really remember the old matrices, but they seem much better and more useful in the new site. Well done!

OBH
12th January 2011, 06:15 PM
shame url doesnt work. im very intrigued :)

XBARNSTERX
13th January 2011, 01:29 AM
@Connavar, hey mate any chance of a link to your site. Cheers :)

phaeton_pl
13th January 2011, 06:53 AM
Link (http://wipeout.servemp3.com/wipeout/index.php?x=1) ;)

Dark_Phantom_89
13th January 2011, 07:25 AM
I was just wondering what the "Level" thing means in the user overview section?

User: Dark_Phantom_89 England - Records 444 - Level 3 <---

Is it supposed to be your online level or something?

amplificated
13th January 2011, 07:31 AM
I think it's supposed to be, but I'm not sure and think it isn't working correctly. When I first checked my stats, it said I was level 3, and then I updated a couple of times and it said I was level 0...

JJPAP
13th January 2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks, Phaeton :)

XBARNSTERX
13th January 2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks mate :)

Jav
13th January 2011, 12:35 PM
Nice ^^ Time to finally write down each and every of my records and start inserting them then >.<

amplificated
13th January 2011, 12:38 PM
All the records are very up to date as long as you've had your records synchronised with the Sony servers in the past few days/weeks, so there shouldn't be much you need to touch (yet) :P

Jav
13th January 2011, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah just noticed, just some records I set last week have to be added then :) Thanks for the heads up

TH4YA1
14th January 2011, 12:38 AM
THANKS Connavar for the new site.Since i have no PSN Connection this site was the only way to compare my record times!

Great

JJPAP
14th January 2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks a lot for your work, Connavar :)
The site is such a great motivator :nod

Connavar
14th January 2011, 04:24 PM
You're welcome.
New feature: records can be locked by BotMods, then those records can only
be modified by BotMods... very useful for known glitched times, example:
AkFurtif 17.68 on Sol-2, I can set it to 18.70 for instance then freeze that.

TH4YA1
19th January 2011, 09:11 AM
@Connavar

You should edit your start post to change the link to your new site.

TH4YA1
25th January 2011, 10:54 AM
Can i see if my time is locked,because i´m not able to chance one speed lap record.

yeldar2097
25th January 2011, 11:03 AM
Which one?

TH4YA1
25th January 2011, 11:07 AM
ubermall
speedlap
Flash

TH4YA1
28th January 2011, 07:10 PM
HAALLOOO Again.

My Ubermall Speedlap Flash time is locked. I deleted it and i´m not able to add a new Record.Can someone help me.

phaeton_pl
29th January 2011, 09:40 AM
I will fix it for you but i can't log in ATM.

OK, I input some random time for you, what is you current record?

TH4YA1
29th January 2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks phaeton_pl.

I added the record.Can you tell me what the problem was?Why was it locked?

phaeton_pl
29th January 2011, 05:13 PM
You beat the BOT so you couldn't enter your record. I set BOT at 23.00 just in case :)

JFthebestJan
17th February 2011, 04:56 PM
hey, i dont know why, but i can't register myself on connavars site. i tried internetexplorer, firefox and ps3 browser, nothing works!

Colonel
20th February 2011, 12:24 PM
Gah, ranking website is down :brickwall

leungbok
20th February 2011, 09:02 PM
fixed ! ;)

LG65
22nd February 2011, 01:22 PM
Hot stuff! I gotta remember all those figures for when I play HD sometime and enter them there.

Dark_Phantom_89
19th March 2011, 08:02 PM
Connavar, is there a problem with the sites server? It's been down for five days now and I can't get onto the site at all.

Reezy
19th March 2011, 11:43 PM
I've not had a problem with it until today. Accessed it fine the last few days.

Colonel
20th March 2011, 12:51 AM
It's been fine for me until today, as Reezy says. Can't get on it at all today. I think Connavar hosts the site himself these days so if his computer's knackered in some way the site will be dead.

helgso
7th June 2011, 11:05 PM
I'm sure this has been asked, but I don't want to search the whole thread :P

Won't people just post false timings to get themselves to the top in the rankings list? There is no way to see if other's "record" is true or false, except the one responsible linked a YouTube video to the record.

Any word on this? Maybe everybody is just so honest? :P

R3BU5ER
7th June 2011, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

As far as I know all the records are verifyable through the official rankings ;)
Only there are lot's of glitched times there and second account times, this way they get filtered out so that everybody can have the clean ranking.

Oryx Crake
8th June 2011, 02:20 PM
there are also bots that will not let you post times that are verifiably impossible.

amplificated
8th June 2011, 10:47 PM
Suspected of being impossible*

Many bot times have been smashed legitimately due to the use of a new approach. All you need is a video or ghost to prove your time... things that cheaters aren't going to be leaping to cough up.

Oryx Crake
10th June 2011, 02:31 PM
well yes amp this is of course true :P but they will not permit you to add a race time of less than a minute because it is impossible unless you skip a lap or 2

Archon
10th June 2011, 09:24 PM
I know WipeoutZone allows us to enter our own lap times for site rankings, but so far I have been unable to upload my results in-game to the global rankings on PSN. After a time trial or speed lap I can compare my times accurately to the global rankings, but when I view the Records menu my time does not appear on the global rankings. My personal time is logged, however. When I look at the global rankings and press square, the list refreshes to the top and my time is still not listed. I know with so many new players perhaps new records are not yet being uploaded, but I would like to know if anyone else has not had recent times uploaded to the global rankings. As a new player, I want to share my times with the veterans.

blackwiggle
10th June 2011, 11:03 PM
The online records can take quite a while to update, they do eventually.
You can get situations where only a portion of your new records appear straight away, and others don't.

When the PSN came back from the prolonged outage, not all the records were able to be viewed, this has slowly be rectified, but I imagine that with all the new players the wipeout servers are getting hammered, especially the Multiplayer/Eliminator/Venom & Flash speed records.
Phantom & Rapier wouldn't be getting hit as much, neither would Zone /Zone Battle.

Colonel
10th June 2011, 11:29 PM
It's crap to be honest, none of my times / scores have updated to PSN in about a fortnight. I thought the reason the leaderboards were down for so long was because they were preparing for the massive influx of players / records. It seems they've not done a very good job, and broken leaderboards are just another barrier to new players sticking with the game.

blackwiggle
10th June 2011, 11:54 PM
It's happened before.
I think the record for the records not updating was around 2 months, and that was before a game update when Fury was released.
I think they have come to the conclusion that most of the new records will be from new players, and they are most likely going to break their own records, so let things run there course till things stabilize a bit, then fix them.

Plus you have some of the guys in the process of promoting 2048 at E3 and the others probably polishing it up and QA testing before release, so I reckon the updating of records is not going to be high priority as far as they are concerned.

Colonel
11th June 2011, 03:10 AM
Yeah I did think with E3 and the 2048 development, the HD leaderboards will be pretty low on their to-do list. It's bloody annoying though, and I'm not usually one to moan.

Connavar
21st June 2011, 12:29 PM
Updated some (like 50,000) records.

Colonel
21st June 2011, 02:59 PM
Excellent, I thought you had. Good effort Connavar :)

kanar
21st June 2011, 03:46 PM
Connavar, you're simply the best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIrCFrFpHvw) :P

slow-train
22nd June 2011, 07:22 PM
i cant access the records,only my profile :frown:
any ideas why?

AspenExcel
26th July 2011, 01:38 AM
Site's been down for a few days, anybody know what's up?

amplificated
26th July 2011, 02:23 AM
No, but I feel the need to restate your point. I wanted to look something up :(

tug_14
26th July 2011, 03:03 AM
I think he had a problem with the chatbox, but it's just a hypothesis.
I can ask to chboing but would rather ask to Connavar in first

leungbok
26th July 2011, 09:32 AM
I think he had a problem with the chatbox
Too many huge pictures spamming !! :lol
Just kidding mates ! :beer

siriusglee
2nd August 2011, 07:01 AM
i cant access the records,only my profile :frown:
any ideas why?

i also want to know the question to the same answer.

JFthebestJan
13th August 2011, 11:49 AM
i've a question.
what is the WR (without loop-skip) on Moa Rev SL phantom, is it the 22.32 from leungbok?
if yes, i made a new WR yesterday: 22.31 / 9SPs / 6SSs / 2BRs / ICARAS HD

tug_14
13th August 2011, 12:48 PM
a video would be appreciated to avoid any suspicious comments.
Crab Glitch (pitch sensormotion + ss) is not well seen but should not bring more than 1 tenth.( or more ? )
But to answer about your request, yes the wr is the 22"32 without the Ak glitch (loop skip) set by leung .
And please to all , don't say i've said JF made this wr by using crab gltch ... he made the wr that's all ... good job to him
But you know the rules JF , be sure that some big guns will try to set a new wr ^^ ....

JFthebestJan
13th August 2011, 02:33 PM
i don't use motion pitch, just d-pad. if u want, i can give my ghost, don't know how exactly. nothing to hide here

Temet
13th August 2011, 07:38 PM
Well done JF :)
I'd be surprised if Leung will not try to get it back.
Maybe you guys will fight for some time on this one :g

EDIT : too bad you didn't take a vid. I like wipeout vids :)

Colonel
16th August 2011, 11:05 AM
Well done Jan. Where is the second BR by the way? I only know the one on the first hairpin.

Temet
16th August 2011, 11:56 AM
Look at Leungbok video, 2 brs mate ;)

JFthebestJan
16th August 2011, 12:54 PM
1st BR:
after turbo into lap in hairpin (2x BR possible).
2nd BR:
turbo directly b4 2nd mag-strip (u must turbo from the very inside of the 180corner), gain enough air and BR onto either left or right triple SP.

Colonel
16th August 2011, 01:36 PM
Ah cheers, will give it a shot. Second one sounds very tricky though.

leungbok
16th August 2011, 01:47 PM
if u want, i can give my ghost, don't know how exactly. nothing to hide here
Cool :), i'm interested also by your ghosts from :
- SL venom anulpha pass, moa therma, metropia and talon junction forward/venom.
- SL venom anulpha pass, moa therma, and metropia reverse/venom.

You can upload the files on sites like filefront, megaupload...
I'm not sure but i think it's possible also to host some ghosts here on the zone, i'll ask Saturn or Unctuous.
Or it can be sent by E-mail.

JFthebestJan
19th August 2011, 04:24 PM
i've beaten my moa rev phantom WR by 0.2sec.
22.11 now 9SPs. ICARAS FURY.

@ leungbok:
pm me ur email adress and i'll sent u the ghost.

Olivario
2nd September 2011, 08:57 PM
I have been taking a look to this and...what is the difference between "#" and "Rank"?

amplificated
2nd September 2011, 09:33 PM
"#" is the rank based on index; which essentially uses an algorithm made by connavar that judges your record against the top record. The closer the times, the higher your index will be (out of 1000).

Index just allows better comparison of records to the top ones; for example, you could be ranked 3rd on a track - which looks like a great result - but you could still be seconds off the top time, meaning your index will be comparatively low, and your record is further from the #1 ranked record in terms of skill or technique than would typically be imagined between such closely ranked top times.

Also, it should be used instead of the "ranking" column, as there is still a slight glitch on the site - glitchers (in the game) have their scores removed, but they will still knock your "rank" back if they are in front of you on the site.

Olivario
2nd September 2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the explaination, very clarifying ;)

Seems like this record website has a big amount of work behind.

Connavar
6th September 2011, 12:40 AM
Good explanations, but the real answer is simple:

# is the row number on the table, nothing else, so if you order by name, or
by date, or by index ... the first row will always be #1, the second row #2 etc,
which is very useful for so many reasons I won't list here.

rank is the ranking based on the index, it will not change even if you order by
name, date, index ... if it says 1, then you're the world record holder
(or ex-aequo with someone else) on a particular speed/class/mode combination.

s_dun
28th September 2011, 09:10 PM
I can't even access the website :frown:
One of the links says "The Webpage is not available" and the other one just brings me to a load of advertisements. Anyone know what the problem is? The website sounds so good and I have loads of times I want to upload :brickwall

Colonel
28th September 2011, 10:17 PM
It's the first link you want, but yes it is down at the moment. It's a hard working site and needs a sleep from time to time ;)

Fear not, I'm sure Connavar will have it up and running again soon :)

s_dun
29th September 2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the update mate. Appreciate any work that is being done for the site :)

SoA_Booney
29th September 2011, 05:51 PM
havent been able to go onto the website for the past few days :/ any big issues we should know about? :/
Plus a question, if i set a time in a tournament, can i still upload them times as a multiplayer time? or only SRs? :L

Dark_Phantom_89
29th September 2011, 06:38 PM
havent been able to go onto the website for the past few days :/ any big issues we should know about? :/
Plus a question, if i set a time in a tournament, can i still upload them times as a multiplayer time? or only SRs? :L

Yeh you can. Tourney times are still counted on the official leaderboard I believe.

SoA_Booney
29th September 2011, 08:43 PM
great news :)

Olivario
1st October 2011, 01:36 PM
To people interested, the website is working again ;)

Colonel
1st October 2011, 05:14 PM
Superb. All hail Connavar!

Edit - erm, still can't get on it :(

Edit: Back on now, woo!

Light Buster
5th October 2011, 09:36 PM
I can't access the site sometimes and when I do, I can't add records.

Colonel
6th October 2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah it's still not right by the looks of it. I've got into the chatbox a few times but I can't access the records.

Has anyone spoken to the man himself?

Azurooth
6th October 2011, 02:21 PM
I can access the site sometimes, not today apparently. =/

amplificated
9th October 2011, 09:20 PM
Feeling like chiming in with my sadness over the site not being up now that I want to check it! :(

Colonel
9th October 2011, 11:00 PM
I'm getting worried. It is coming back isn't it?

AspenExcel
14th October 2011, 03:40 PM
Well I'm not sure if it's coming back any time soon, no response from Connavar. For chatting I will be hanging out in the #wipeout room on irc.lucidchat.net if any other IRC savvy people wish to join.

amplificated
15th October 2011, 12:40 AM
I think I remember Conn. saying he was going away for a few weeks and coming back in November. Might be that, and he can't do anything from where he is.

Colonel
15th October 2011, 01:05 PM
Oryx said that Connavar was in Kiev, but that was a couple of weeks ago. Don't know how long he was going to be there though.

I really hope it's coming back.

Connavar
16th October 2011, 08:29 AM
Hi, I'll be away for a few months, so I have no access to my computer :-/
However I made a backup of the database, and I could install the website on a
real server.

So, if someone can provide me with a good hosting, I can reinstate the website,
otherwise I know a good host, but then I'll use a paypal account to cover the
costs of hosting (which I don't like to ask for).

My computer might be back online from times to times, but probably more often
down than up.

Ciao

Colonel
16th October 2011, 06:24 PM
If it comes to it, I'd certainly be up for donating towards the cost of hosting, and I'm sure many other people would be. You shouldn't have to pay for it yourself when you've done all the hard work of building and maintaining it.

Oryx Crake
17th October 2011, 04:12 AM
you know what col you're absolutely right, and I agree. the rankings site is awesome! I think even awesome enough that more people than us two are willing to pay for it to keep running. how about it? maybe you can set up a fund for it conn.

Colonel
17th October 2011, 10:47 AM
Even if only five of us are up for donating, £2 a month each should cover it easily I would have thought. If Connavar sets up a paypal account as he mentioned, it will be dead simple :)

Connavar
17th October 2011, 07:18 PM
Ok guys, I'll get some hosting in the coming days.

Colonel
18th October 2011, 07:33 AM
Superb :hyper

Connavar
19th October 2011, 07:18 PM
http://www.wipeoutrankings.com

Just have to add tons of images, one by one ...

My paypal: polluxyz@gmail.com, I'll add a button later when I have time.

Enjoy!

Colonel
19th October 2011, 07:28 PM
Woo! Connavar, you're the man. Can you set up a direct debit / standing order via paypal? Like I said, I'm willing to pay £2 a month at least, and I hope a few others will.

AspenExcel
20th October 2011, 03:44 AM
Hooray! Thanks a bunch! :D

Connavar
20th October 2011, 06:00 AM
Colonel: I'm a noob concerning Paypal, so I have no idea what you're talking
about! :D

slow-train
20th October 2011, 07:19 PM
nice to see the site back online,also i like the ? mark next to the 2nd user accounts! :rock

MrSmadSmartAlex
25th October 2011, 05:24 PM
Great to see the site back up, and records actually updating, unlike the useless unsupported official tables. I was thinking of chipping in a little myself. Until I discovered that I've been banned for whatever reason, that is. :lol

amplificated
25th October 2011, 05:36 PM
I doubt you've been banned, I think conn just has to manually allow some users for some reason. I'll try find out

Dark_Phantom_89
25th October 2011, 06:37 PM
I believe that the site was invite only at some point? Is it still like that?

Well Amp, I tried to view the rankings for you and now I can't get back on the site at all. I think I've been jinxed. :p

Woopzilla
25th October 2011, 07:51 PM
Conna, I know you want us to post reports on your octo account profile... but the records page isn't working, so I'm posting here instead.

It seems the servers are having trouble loading all pages except the chat. Whenever someone tries to load the Records/User/Event page the chat and whole site lag hard.

Also, this happens... repeat messages:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/chatlag01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/chatlag02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/chatlag03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/chatlag04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/chatlag05.jpg (This one shows the timing of when the lag started, just as yeldar showed up, hehe. :g This is what I'm basing my assumption below on.)

EDIT: More proof on the assumption below: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/chatlag06.jpg

Its 100% certain that the whole site lags when someone tries to access anything other than the chat (eg. User profile/Records/etc).

EDIT@1/11/11... Still the same problem. Lag also occurs when people who are not signed in use the records page. This means they won't appear on the active user list.

MrSmadSmartAlex
25th October 2011, 08:17 PM
I believe that the site was invite only at some point? Is it still like that?

Dunno, I managed to join and enter times okay before, but my times are all gone and I can't login. Unless it became invite-only again, causing my account to disappear.

AspenExcel
27th October 2011, 05:23 PM
The chat seems to get really laggy for people whenever somebody else accesses the records or a user profile. Like it will take 30 seconds for a message to pop up, then it keeps repeating old messages like 4 or 5 times. Connavar might need to take a look at this.

Jav
2nd November 2011, 12:46 AM
The old site (including chat) is up and running again... for now. Thought it'd let you guys now. http://wipeout.servemp3.com/wipeout/index.php?x=1

amplificated
2nd November 2011, 03:03 AM
it has been working at www.wipeoutrankings.com for nearly 2 weeks, as connavar posted (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207199&postcount=1192), and that has a lot of times updated onto it.

I have a feeling the old site isn't linked at all, so only one should be used - and as laggy as it is, I think wipeoutrankings.com is the only one Conn can do anything about for the time being.

D_1998_BR
4th November 2011, 01:06 PM
Seen the site many times,but it never worked for me...I don't know why,but it says i have a connection problem when i access the site,when my internet is up and running...

Archon
1st December 2011, 09:15 AM
I just started looking through the site and I want to thank everyone who spent time working on this. The site is very easy to navigate and find specific tracks, and it's cool to see people talking about each track. This community is impressing me more and more; cheers, guys. :D

Laeke
17th January 2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks again for the site (still using it!) especially useful since Sony servers do not seem to be all that.

OK the site is rather slow obviously, how can we help? Donating via paypal I guess?

EDIT-18January-00:20am:
OK so just to let you know, the wipeoutrankings site has a hard time loading the tables (the site layout comes up fine most of the time) as of today, and goes on a timeout most of the time. If you can get to the table, you can add times no problem, they will be recorded even tough the tables would not load on you once you sent them. For some reason, the Matrix loads more easily and consistently.
Maybe you are already aware of that, but I say all this just in case it might help Connavar & al.

zantetsuken
5th March 2012, 06:11 AM
Hypothetical question here, do you need photo evidence of your times? I have been wanting to put up a few for a while, but I'm scared that no-one would believe them.... :)

leungbok
5th March 2012, 12:14 PM
For "hard to believe" times, videos are more appreciated than photos, since HD is full of glitches !

zantetsuken
5th March 2012, 10:01 PM
Ah... I have already done them you see, they aren't exactly top 10, but not far off....

leungbok
5th March 2012, 10:04 PM
Then, why wouldn't we believe in them ? ;)

zantetsuken
9th March 2012, 11:52 PM
Well I've uploaded a few, any of them you dispute, let me know, I'll send my psn add to Azurooth and SOA.

tug_14
10th March 2012, 12:45 AM
only one way to legitimize a chrono , that is to make a video about your sl or tt ... especially useful when you're doing a top 5 ...
As your newcomer status , a vid about your chrono would be welcome ... To build your reputation as a driver from the community

zantetsuken
10th March 2012, 03:21 PM
Hey man, really don't want to sound arrogant but I'm no newcomer, maybe on here, but when the boards were actually up I played as Sputnik303. Just only got back into the game when Sony gave it out for free. I bought the game on disk, day of release, and I'm in Team Titan with Booney and Azurooth. I don't know if you have heard of Rathboneski, but I'm good personal friend with him too. I'm also friends with Jan and Pirahpac on psn. I understand that making a video would help you guys, but I don't have the capability.... all I can do is give my psn out so someone can check my ghost. Sorry about that.... What is your psn... maybe we have raced? :)

tug_14
10th March 2012, 07:45 PM
newcomer in connavar's site , you are luke ( with zantetsuken's id )
and i'm not your father ... and check online sl and tt ranking in the game if u want have my psn ID ... it shouldn't take long time to find my ID psn ( espacially in phantom class )

:guitar

zantetsuken
11th March 2012, 01:16 AM
luke? who is luke? and I never said you were my father.... bad translating? or a star wars reference? Man you've lost me....

scarfrogers
16th March 2012, 08:37 AM
I'm trying to register but it keeps going back to the main page (refreshing). Anyone else had this problem? I have a couple of top10 SL times on flash that I would like to add :(

scarfrogers
11th May 2012, 03:03 PM
All sorted now. Great website! Man it's hard to get into top 10's though...

Connavar
21st July 2012, 12:57 AM
Glad to see the site is still running :D
About speed, it's not running on a high quality server - and also it might expire in November or something.

scarfrogers
22nd July 2012, 02:52 PM
That would suck if it expires! I don't mind donating if it keeps the site up and running :)

GarryKE
13th September 2012, 03:36 PM
Hi all

I'm just wondering if www.wipeoutrankings.com still gets updated. It's just I've been trying to beat the Modesto Heights world record (only 2 seconds out :( ) and it doesn't even show on there but it does show in game on the myself|friends|global times.
Or is there any other website that does?

(And yes, I did register to the site)

Thanks all

scarfrogers
14th September 2012, 07:20 AM
You need to add your own record to the site mate. I still use it regularly and take it as the main source to check times - rather than the in game records.

GarryKE
14th September 2012, 12:19 PM
Oh right, never realised. I always thought they were updated automatically from an API or something somewhere. Thanks for letting me know

LightningRacer
19th September 2012, 07:19 PM
Hey there, love the website, just trying to get to grips with it recently...

I see some records have videos attached to them, how does one insert videos into a record?

Colonel
19th September 2012, 10:04 PM
When you add a record, there's a field titled Link (just to the left of Cancel, Delete and Edit). Simply copy and paste the URL from your Youtube vid in there.

LightningRacer
19th September 2012, 10:11 PM
Aaah yes I see I see, cheers!

Connavar
3rd October 2012, 09:17 PM
Hello, just informing you that the site will go down any time soon, there hasn't
been much activity, and I don't want to spend more money on it, there has not
been enough donation to keep it alive (only 1 person gave, 5 euro), and the game
seems to be *DEAD* :(
It was still a good experience))

Colonel
3rd October 2012, 09:47 PM
Check your Paypal now Connavar, can I change your mind? I always intended to donate, but I've had problems with my Paypal account. These are fixed now, and I can definitely make regular donations.

If you're still adamant you want to close it, consider my donation as a thank you for all your hard work.

Connavar
3rd October 2012, 10:00 PM
Hi, thanks!! I just rebought it for another year, but I paid 4 days late,
so I hope it will be fine ... I'll include a ranking of the best donators
lol, but apart from that, I have no idea what to do as there is barely anyone
using this site anyway, I could have the records up-to-date, that's about it,
unless you have other ideas?

doj-zaki-13
4th October 2012, 02:49 PM
wow this website is amazing!!!

And how can someone beat zico with a 25 sec ?(lap time)

amplificated
5th October 2012, 04:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HycS2_X9KI

Or you could click on a video link on the site next to a top time to get the idea.

JABBERJAW
5th October 2012, 12:16 PM
That is a ridiculous qmount of barrel rolls! :). Is that even possible on the faster speeds?

Oryx Crake
5th October 2012, 03:25 PM
most of them not really, it takes a lot more extra speed to get the lift you need to do them especially the double, triple and quadruple ones.

Colonel
6th October 2012, 04:43 PM
Probably my favourite all time HD video, I've watched it dozens of times.

Anyway, huge thanks to Connavar for renewing the rankings website. I know it's not used as heavily as it once was, but it's an invaluable resource for the community. Much appreciated dude.

scarfrogers
8th October 2012, 01:47 PM
I agree. I use it at work when bored to browse times and check out videos. Some of Booneys times make me weep :)

ps. I have just donated!

GekkoP
2nd December 2012, 12:32 PM
I can't use the website on Firefox, don't know if anyone else has the same problem. It's working with another browser though.

Azurooth
2nd December 2012, 12:51 PM
I just wanna confirm that i use the latest version of Firefox and it works for me. If you don't have the latest try and update and see if that works. Other than that i have no idea.

Connavar
11th December 2012, 11:54 AM
scarfrogers: thanks.
I updated the CHAT a bit, can do more fun stuff now :)

Hoooof
30th March 2013, 12:08 PM
The Rankings site is a great site, but I was wondering how accurate it is. I've got a ranking of 18 on Wipeout Rankings, but my online in-game ranking is 9th. Does that mean there are cheaters on Wipeout Rankings? Or is something else going on? If the times are achieved offline, do they need proof to go onto Wipeout Rankings?

leungbok
31st March 2013, 08:53 AM
There's no cheaters on wipeout rankings, but some records never appeared on the game's leaderboards for any reason ! :|

scarfrogers
1st April 2013, 11:15 AM
What Leungbok said.

There are no cheaters on the rankings site as it is more a reference for top pilots and in a way more for yourself to see what the best times are. If an unknown person suddenly puts in a Top3 time then questions might be asked but usually new pilots come on and put good times and then improve those as they become better and well known. Those with World Records and lots of top5 times will no doubt have a few videos here and there and also you will meet them online and it will be pretty clear that they are very fast.

Hope that helps. Keep using the site - it is far more accurate and populated compared to the out of date online leader boards! :)

GekkoP
1st April 2013, 02:53 PM
An amazing website, it helps me a lot keeping track of my little improvements. I too am sure there are no cheaters, can't see the point of writing down times that you can't actually reached. If a cheater goes online against top pilots, well, can you imagine the shame? :)

amplificated
10th April 2013, 01:39 PM
The Rankings site is a great site, but I was wondering how accurate it is. I've got a ranking of 18 on Wipeout Rankings, but my online in-game ranking is 9th. Does that mean there are cheaters on Wipeout Rankings? Or is something else going on? If the times are achieved offline, do they need proof to go onto Wipeout Rankings?

The main thing at play, I believe, is that the official ranking servers you see in-game actually remove player records after a period of inactivity. As the game has been out for a relatively long time now at nearly 4 years, the honeymoon period where lots of people who were excited to get good at HD have moved on, and their records have gone with them. The rankings website, however, maintains all records and keeps them in place regardless of whether the record's owner has been active or not.

Cheaters have existed in the past, but as the website is user-run, it's actually very clean compared to the official in-game rankings, especially the top records.

scarfrogers
24th April 2013, 09:44 AM
Hey Connavar, I have thought of an improvement/update if you have time and easy to do. I wondered if there was an easy way to sort so that you can see all the uploaded videos? Might already be a way...

scarfrogers
26th April 2013, 07:23 AM
Forget that - already possible as Amplificated has described "You can with the current system as it is. Go to Matrix, then select "Link", which is the link of video (or screenshot) provided with the top record of every track and mode that has one available".

Nofew
20th May 2013, 06:53 AM
Speaking of videos, how do you link to them in the first place? I just got the #6 spot for Moa Therma (Froward) in Zone so, so yeah.

scarfrogers
24th May 2013, 09:23 AM
Hover over the Date of your row entry and click on Edit. You then see the LINK (under Edit your record section) and here you can paste the link to your video on youtube. Any problems give me a shout. Would like to see it :)

GekkoP
30th May 2013, 01:50 PM
Really, this is one of the most useful website around. Little by little, it helps me a lot seeing my small improvements. Thanks for the effort, Connavar.

marcingru
1st August 2013, 02:17 PM
I found that site itself its great , many ways to check what are on your mind , so i hope we can all enjoy it much longer :nod

Regards!

P.S I've made some small donation for that matter also !

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
11th November 2013, 07:19 PM
hm, the bot-times arent not longer able to be edited by non-mods. so can anyone help me or the user in general?
want to add some times :-/
thx.