PDA

View Full Version : [news.wpa] A regular tournament newsletter

Sugar_from_OTW
27th January 2009, 01:54 AM
New edit:

I've created a shared calendar at news.wpa at gmail dot com. This means you'll be able to sync to your phone, or update your email client calendar.

edit: the ICAL address is

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/news.wpa%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics

use news.wpa as your username

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that it can be a little difficult to organise regular tournaments, especially for people that might want to participate, but don't check these boards regularly enough, or want to keep an eye on tournaments, but communicaiton is difficult. It's also difficult to coordinate larger number of people , and I forsee problems for the a wipeout world cup.

So, I've created a gmail account called

news.wpa at gmail.com

If you want a regular (weekly at first) email with tournament details/times, send an email to this address with "subscribe" in the subject.

If you want people to know of a tournament that you're organising, then email me the times and details and any other comments you want me to add. It needs to be in the inbox by thrusday evening (thrusday morning in europe, wednesday night in USA)

Also, after a tournament is run, send me the results and I'll put it in the news letter. Even if someone keeps a digital camera handy and takes a pic of the results screen after each race, and sends that. It's all good.

This will only work if people take advantage of it, and I'm willing to donate a little time towards this, as Thursday nights are usually a little slow for me.

Tomahawk
27th January 2009, 10:56 AM
A very good idea you have had there methinks. I'll send you my email data later this week. Is it possible to sort the tournaments for different game versions? Because I do not own a PS3 and therefore have no acces to HD. That means I'm not interested in information about any HD tournaments.

blackwiggle
27th January 2009, 09:23 PM
Ok I just signed up

Sugar_from_OTW
29th January 2009, 05:03 AM
A very good idea you have had there methinks. I'll send you my email data later this week. Is it possible to sort the tournaments for different game versions? Because I do not own a PS3 and therefore have no acces to HD. That means I'm not interested in information about any HD tournaments.

There's a few pulse tournaments that happen regularly. You'll just have to scroll down to the relevant section in the email

OBH
3rd February 2009, 04:00 PM
just a nwesletter in general would be quality.

announce tournies, changes in leaderboards, a long rant by a known player.

would be something hilarious to look forward to every month

SaturnReturn
26th February 2009, 10:50 PM
I sent an email to subscribe, and another with an idea for some content if you need it.

I look forward to receiving the newsletter and hopefully some more folks will sign up and support it after this little bump.

Thanks.

LOUDandPROUD
27th February 2009, 02:56 AM
Cool idea...I just subscribed. :+

Soccermom
27th February 2009, 07:58 AM
Is the email already happening?

I subscribed a long time ago, but haven't received any emails so far.
Pleese HALP ME! I have been beaten by the intarwebs!

Sugar_from_OTW
6th March 2009, 01:46 AM
Hey. Did you get the last one?

Sugar_from_OTW
12th March 2009, 11:46 PM
I've edited the top post to reflect the new shared calendar I've created.

kanar
22nd March 2009, 08:41 AM
Great stuff, Sugar_from_OTW. But I was wondering, what about the calendar function we have here? I mean, wipeoutZone is my mecca lol, even my email box comes second in my morning web check. When you posted that in january, I tried to know how this calendar stuff worked. I quickly gave up... But I tried again today lol. And it seems to be pretty cool. Pretty simple to add an event or put an event reminder if you don't want to miss something big. I tried to add an event in April, it looks nice lol. Rob could we have your thoughts about that? I mean can we use that?

Lol & don't miss TCK b-day the thursday before!

Sugar_from_OTW
26th March 2009, 10:30 PM
I totally forgot about the calendar on these boards.

Is there any way to publish this calendar as an ical calendar?