PDA

View Full Version : Wipout 2097 NETWORK Patch Problems

FTY
24th September 2002, 11:48 AM
Hello, first of all.

I've just bought Wipeout 2097 (EU version), and everything runs fine, I've fixed the speed problem, with cpuKill utility, but now I got another problem, so if anyone could help
I would be very glad.

I downloaded the Network patch, since I wanted and still want to play this game over TCP/IP with my friends. Now I unziped the content of the patch to the Wipout 2097 directory, but when i try to run Net-woxl.exe it say [Wipeout XL has not been installed correctly. - Re-Install the Game from CD], Now I reinstalled it and put it under Program Files/Wipout XL (yeah i changed the folder name), and still the same message.

From the readme file of the patch I could get that the patch should work for Wipeout XL and Wipout 2097.

Now if someone can help me on that, I would be very glad. The only thing I can image to be the fult is, that I have DircetX 8.0. Maybe it would go with DX 3.0, but please, if you have some info, i'd be very glad.

Tnx

ag73
17th October 2003, 07:19 AM
Yeah I have the exact same problem.... Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Lance
17th October 2003, 04:55 PM
hi ag73, welcome to the forums. i see nobody ever answered FTY or even said hello. yikes. not even me. i musta been slipping back then. my apologies to FTY. he probably abandoned us forever when he got no response.

as to the answer: so far as i know, this problem has never been resolved. it has been discussed in some of the other threads in this section of the forums, i don't recall a definitive answer. i am, however, not the best person to answer this since i've never attempted to do network play. all i know is that several other people have tried the network patch, but were not able to get it to work. sorry i couldn't be more help

FoxZero
17th October 2003, 10:35 PM
i got it to work but i never encountered this problem. maybe the cd needs to be in the drive? are you running windows xp? if so, maybe it needs to run in compatability for 98/95? i had no problem with it and direct x7 in windows 98. you can test in your monitor settings under display options if you click advanced and goto the troubleshoot tab, flip that switch down a few notches and try it again. this is the only thing i can think of. i cant emulate your error because i dont have the cd here :(

VitaminJ
28th October 2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I bought WO2097 for the PC when it was just out and got the network patch to work for a while, until I upgraded too much and now hyperspeed issues give me too much grief!

The thing is all the filenames are slightly different between WO2097 and WOXL (the US version for which the network patch is for). I managed to locate a WoXL demo and splice enough files and registy entries with the full version so that the network patch recognised my WO2097 as WOXL and worked (kinda). Also, interestingly, I could use the demo loader with the full game, meaning I could use software rendering mode ... which was then way too slow but now might be reasonable!

I've just had a fish around on my hard drive and have found all the bodged files and a backed up registry with the spliced entries. If enough people wanted it, I could write an installer which required the WO2097 CD and then incorporated all the patches. I don't have much time at the moment, but next month I should be OK. I really want to find a decent fix for the speed issues too, though, as using something like CPUKiller strikes me as a bit dodgy.

Stephen

Lance
28th October 2003, 06:24 PM
yeah, the idea of sticking some bit of software that deep in the loop of the OS and letting it have its way with my cpu has always set my teeth on edge

Alphonse75020
1st June 2004, 10:57 PM
Well there were a patch published by Psygnosis that can be used with both WO XL and WO 2097, this is the 0.92beta.
Lucky guys, I still have it!
you can download it here : http://morane.j.free.fr
But I never try it because I never find someone to play with me

infoxicated
2nd June 2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks for that link, Alphonse - I'll have to get that on the downloads page of the site. :)