PDA

View Full Version : Ummm...yeah..... The ?Future? sound of London???

AmishRobot
24th September 2002, 04:14 AM
Have you heard the new Future Sound of London?

Have you?
?????

I just heard a track off of it. It consisted of a mixture of bluegrass, sitar, xylophone, and pan flute.

I am NOT kidding.

It was all mixed together in this bright happy psychedelic shitstorm that makes Lisa Loeb sound like funeral music.

I am STILL not kidding.

If there were a word in the entirety of spoken language that could describe how bad... how UNHOLY it was, that word would probably call forth some Sumerian god that would end existence altogether.

I really wish I was kidding.

...Have you HEARD it?!?!?!?

Synthetic Consciousness
24th September 2002, 05:49 AM
I haven't heard it, but the Sumerian god you're referring to might be Erra, god of war and death; or Nergal, god of fear, war, and sickness.

Lance
24th September 2002, 02:16 PM
to go even farther from music, i think that Robert E. Howard wrote a Conan the Barbarian [the Cimmerian, the Conqueror, the where do you think Arnold Sw. got it?] story called The Hand of Nergal

R.E.Howard was a scholar, i guess

Angryman
24th September 2002, 02:34 PM
is you refering to the new Isness album?
isn't that released under one of their aliases [amorpheous Androgenous (AA), or somthing] ?
Their first album released in 1995/1996? under the AA alias was not spectacular either, very strange very organic feel to it.

FoxZero
24th September 2002, 08:28 PM
the first amorphous androgynous album was great, not as great as the fsol releases but still good. tales of ephindrina, i was just listening to it this morning : 8)

apparently the isness is released in the uk as amorphous androgynous and in the us as fsol.. and yeah, it is quite retro. definitely not something youd expect from the people who brought you we have explosive, but still, you cant expect them to regurgitate the same material over and over again. its good that they get this out their system so they can release the next true fsol release which will be in the near future, i hope.

Hydra XL
24th September 2002, 11:44 PM
yea, i liked all their previous stuff, but i heard some clips off of the new one and it was just too abstract

AmishRobot
25th September 2002, 01:29 AM
A friend of mine mentioned he appreciates the fact that it's not all doom and gloom... said it sounds like a daytime acidtrip. :o

I suppose I can appreciate that. It was just... shocking, to say the least. Maybe I should give it another chance, but what I heard really sounded awful to me.

It makes a lot more sense, hearing that it was released in europe under a different name, because it sounds nothing like fsol.

Vasudeva
26th September 2002, 01:43 PM
Sometimes it just takes a while to appreciate an album or a CD (I don't have this new album, btw). I experienced it with Aphex Twin's "Drukqs". At first I just found it weird and alienating (not to mention spastic) but now I've come to appreciate it. Sometimes the longer road is sweeter...

V.