PDA

View Full Version : WipEout® HD Heaven (nearly)

bik3rluke
22nd January 2009, 02:01 PM
Well, me and my step-dad (xTHORGODx) started playing WipEout HD at the same time. We've got a 60" Pioneer KURO plasma in our living room, and with the expensive 7.1 surround sound it really is HD heaven.

The only problem was that we couldn't play together. If we were racing online, we'd set-up a tournament so he'd play one race, then me, then him (etc). It's fun, but very annoying when one of us messes up.

In my bedroom I also have 7.1 surround sound and a (smaller) 42" plasma -- this is great but now we're away from each other and can't comment on the funny things that happen throughout the online game.

Anyway, we booked a little family holiday in the same country just to get away from everything for a bit. We both took our PS3s in case the evenings were boring (it is winter after all).

We arrived and to our surprise, it had 16mb broadband with Wi-Fi. That's cool, we can play WipEout HD online... But then we noticed that they had another identical TV in another room...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p273/lukevfr/22012009888.jpg

Now I'm aware that we're playing on 14" CRT TVs, but I'm putting my fastest times ever in at the moment! For some reason, I find it easier to focus on a small monitor than have to take all that information in when playing on larger panels.

Anyway, it has been great fun playing online whilst sitting next to each other, and we're both doing pretty well...

Make sure you join our lobby if you see bik3rluke or xTHORGODx. :P

kowareta|vojeet
22nd January 2009, 04:27 PM
Muhar - this reminds me on my good old times when I was playing with my friends.

Danterich
22nd January 2009, 10:53 PM
Muhar - this reminds me on my good old times when I was playing with my friends.
yeah :P Wipeout2097 one on one sessions !!! oohh good ol´times LOL

hey, i raced you both 2nite, and yes you both did well, but practice,practice, new pads, practice...LOL c ya on tracks

bik3rluke
23rd January 2009, 12:31 AM
yeah :P Wipeout2097 one on one sessions !!! oohh good ol´times LOL

hey, i raced you both 2nite, and yes you both did well, but practice,practice, new pads, practice...LOL c ya on tracks
Had an awful session with you tonight -- I only started getting good after you left. I was getting beaten by everyone! :blarg You did well mate. :P