PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator mode

KIGO1987
18th January 2009, 12:12 PM
This feature hasnt been seen in the good part of a decade on a Wipeout game on the non portable game console. I hope you guys at SL havent forgotten this extremely great fun and addictive playing mode. For all you HD newbies out there this feature is pretty much killing all the opponents on the track in a time frame. And is a hell alot of fun. This feature was on Pulse, but wasnt available in online mode even though the loading screen says otherwise. It was going to be a featue in HD, but it never did. But hopefully it might be in the next upcoming DLC.

So this is a referendum thread. If you want to see this feature brought back, say yes here. It would be good to see how many of you's really want to see the feature brought back.

YouAreFubar
18th January 2009, 12:19 PM
Yes! :+

Zoth-Ommog
18th January 2009, 12:20 PM
Never tried such mode as eliminator 'cause i don't own PSP, but i bet it would be ace to have it on HD. Sounds fun even though i never saw it.

E: so it would be yes :)

blackwiggle
18th January 2009, 12:54 PM
Yes .
We need something to do while the server is down.

djKyoto
18th January 2009, 12:54 PM
Yes, but more modes in general (especially implemented online) would be fab.

okam
18th January 2009, 02:45 PM
Yes please! My favourite!

Amorbis
18th January 2009, 08:13 PM
I'd love to see the return of the Eliminator mode, it was one of my favourite features of Wip3out and WipEout Pulse. I spent a lot of time on Eliminator on Wip3out, setting the eliminations to the maximum and spending hours actually reaching the target. I can imagine the HD trophy for Eliminator, 'reach 99 kills on Eliminator mode'.

If Eliminator came back on HD it would be good, or even on the next WipEout game.

Greenix
18th January 2009, 08:19 PM
gimme gimme gimme:D

darkfaerytales
18th January 2009, 08:44 PM
definitely yes!
i hope more and more people join

BARTgai
18th January 2009, 09:15 PM
Yes! Bring eliminator back! :)

Nadia Elenova
19th January 2009, 08:47 AM
Maybe a poll would have been more suitable for this matter.
Anyway, to answer the question:**** YEAH!! What a worthy DLC it would be, don't you think?! :+

KIGO1987
19th January 2009, 09:24 AM
Good to see theres a audience that wants to see eliminator mode in a DLC or a future installment.

Surely there are more of you's out there who want this back, where are you guys?

blackwiggle
19th January 2009, 10:54 AM
KIGO

Start a poll.

Wellington86
19th January 2009, 12:50 PM
Eliminator mode was always a fun change of pace. My vague memory of it in Wip3out and Fusion is that it could become infuriatingly difficult sometimes. It would be excellent to have back in HD, especially online.

KIGO1987
19th January 2009, 12:53 PM
I should of started a pole. But ive had trouble before trying to create on ill try now. Its a bit hard since im using the PS3 XMB internet page.

Darkdrium777
19th January 2009, 01:10 PM
im using the PS3 XMB internet page.You like torture? :blarg

+1 voice in the sea of ''HELL YEAH!''

;)

KIGO1987
19th January 2009, 03:51 PM
Only way i can access the net is on the PS3 atm. Dumb Laptop with stupid Vista is still at the repair place.

Now im not having too much luck creating a thread with a pole in it. How do you do it again?

andybob35
19th January 2009, 04:52 PM
A big HELL YEAH!!! for eliminator, even though i have think back to wip3out to rememeber it. So...

come SL! dishout sum DLC :hyper

ProblemSolver
19th January 2009, 08:05 PM
hell yes! ASAP!

darkfaerytales
19th January 2009, 09:19 PM
kigo or someone else have to start a poll thread about the eliminator mode, the add back of van uber and tigron , the inclusion of concepts ships and the tracks people wish more :+

p.s. kigo, vista is crap you're right!

Darkdrium777
19th January 2009, 09:58 PM
p.s. kigo, vista is crap you're right!True. I was about to be convinced when the eff' deleted my user account. :(

/Off Topic

KIGO1987
20th January 2009, 09:10 AM
p.s. kigo, vista is crap you're right!

Thats why i use the PS3 XMB instead. Even though its slow it doesnt do dumb sht like retarded Vista does. Vista screwed over the entry uni computers last year. I just love when your transfering files on Vista and it stops and says 'Internet Explorer has stopped working', WTF! I havent even got that stupid app running. Vista is dumb.

Now back to topic ill love to create a pole but i cant create one. Could someone msg me how to create a pole. Cheers.

Asayyeah
20th January 2009, 09:33 AM
I think one of our beloved mod can do the trick for you, Kigo, for what i remember it's possible by mod after the topic has being made, now for members that option ( create a poll) is open when you start your thread. ( i may be wrong on that last part : i never did one myself)

Back on topic : that could be a real moment of fun online this eliminator mode : we used it even online with Wipeout Pure with my fellow underground x-link KAI racers , getting the zone ship ( with the lowest shield) on a low speed class and then trying to kill everyone :P

KIGO1987
20th January 2009, 09:47 AM
Shame your not a mod still Arnaud. Probably be better to convert this exsisting thread. Than create another one. As simple 'YES' 'NO' poll would suit this thread quite well. Any of you Mods up for a favour? Would be greatly appreciated.

eLhabib
20th January 2009, 09:53 AM
Why make a poll, really? Do you think anyone would actually vote against eliminator mode? Heck, I don't even like eliminator, but I would still vote for it, because every extra is welcome!

Pere_HD
20th January 2009, 10:03 AM
I remember that I was very disappointed when I realized that there was no Eliminator Mode on Wipeout HD. I was like: "What!? But...we NEED to kill!!"--hehe.

I used to play Eliminator Mode on Wipeout Pulse all day long, with Motörhead as soundtrack. After playing 20 or 30 times on hard, it was certainly a good practice ... it develops your 'killing-awareness'.

Deep inside I am somehow waiting for the 'Add-On' with the Eliminator Mode...because it should be back again.

lunar
20th January 2009, 10:20 AM
LOL Martin. Though I might vote "no" just to see what would happen. :twisted

Of course I`m in favour of Eliminator, but IMO there`s no decent gameplay and hence no point to it if it`s not multiplayer. In Pulse it`s just a way of making things go bang. So if it was only to be single player eliminator I`d rather have something else from SL`s time.

eLhabib
20th January 2009, 10:24 AM
Agreed.

darkfaerytales
20th January 2009, 12:38 PM
cmon i'm with elhabib, what fool person would say no to more content added?
c'mon! please!!!

WHY????:blarg

KIGO1987
20th January 2009, 01:03 PM
Since this is on topic. When are, or should i say 'If', will there be any Extra Downloadable Content Packs, coming out on Wipeout HD? Anychance one of the SL crew can drop a post here to confirm or denied this.

darkfaerytales
20th January 2009, 01:57 PM
i wouldn't say " if " friend 'cause " if not " i will lead a revolt agaisnt SL studios :evil

p.s. kigo there is already a thread of mine about when will be out the first dlc...if you want post some arguments there

KIGO1987
20th January 2009, 05:36 PM
i wouldn't say " if " friend 'cause " if not " i will lead a revolt agaisnt SL studios :evil

LOL.

p.s. kigo there is already a thread of mine about when will be out the first dlc...if you want post some arguments there

Yeah ill post there.

blackwiggle
21st January 2009, 01:05 AM
Since this is on topic. When are, or should i say 'If', will there be any Extra Downloadable Content Packs, coming out on Wipeout HD? Anychance one of the SL crew can drop a post here to confirm or denied this.

They can't,they are bound by a confidentiality clause in their contracts.
Sony take a belt and braces approach to intellectual property disclosure.

There is the classic story from 2 years ago where Sony invited some euro technology journalists over to Japan to see what new gear they had in the works.
They flew over,got on a bus,arrived at the Sony HQ and were all asked to sign a Non Disclosure contract that would of bound them for 5 years.
Needless to say the journalists asked why they were brought over if they weren't allowed to report anything,and then promptly told them to shove it.

Ahh, the "Legal Department" the bane of common sense in every corporation.:dizzy

SuperNova
21st January 2009, 05:50 AM
Itd be great addition!

LOUDandPROUD
21st January 2009, 01:36 PM
I'm definitely all for eliminator mode!

darkfaerytales
22nd January 2009, 10:58 PM
i think someone should start similar threads about other addition of contents,like concepts, tracks, teams

i wish to test the waters in this thread,if any one else will do, i think i will do it...
cause from some days the more i play pulse using some of the concepts ships the more i get mad at the idea of how much cool would be have them re-designed in HD and ps3 graphics

mirage concept is ACE! harimau!!! feisar , ag sys , auricom are TOO much COOL

MakyuraJT
26th January 2009, 03:00 PM
Never played emlination but sounds like a laugh, look forward to it

abukii
26th January 2009, 06:48 PM
Elimination was good fun. Id love to see some ships and elimination via dlc.

NeilSmith
27th January 2009, 02:47 PM
Wipeout HD definately deserves to have Elimination mode. It was one of the most fun aspects of earlier games for me and I think it's a shame SL didn't include it in HD. Elimination mode adds tons of game-hours for any Wipeout fan. It would be most appreciated if SL would be so kind and keep their very loyal fanbase updated on what's going on. We haven't heard anything regarding DLC's yet, and stealth patches is not the way to go. Don't keep your fans in the dark

darkfaerytales
24th February 2009, 03:47 PM
WHERE IS OUR ELIMINATOR MOOOODEEE!!!????:bomb

just so ****ing sick of waiting:brickwall

GreenPhazon
25th February 2009, 07:51 PM
YES

Online eliminator would be the best.