PDA

View Full Version : hello friends from subtotal

subtotal
17th January 2009, 10:39 PM
first post! first forum!
great site and its good to meet people who love the AG racing as much as i do.
i've gone through the game and got my silver skins , i race using full motion control in cockpit view, but i havent got any online race buddies !

my online tag is subtotal for ps3 and 360 ,the PS3 is a very quiet place compared to the 360,i havent even spoken to anyone during an online game ,i have got a headset though, hopefully the chat set up on the game will improve with an update.

feel free to add me to your friends list especially if you use the same control and view system as me ,so we can compare times etc.

cheers

eLhabib
17th January 2009, 11:29 PM
Hi and welcome to the 'Zone!
I think you're the first person to complete the campaign with full motion control, wow!

Cerium
17th January 2009, 11:43 PM
Indeed. That's impressive. Is this your first Wipeout game?

Greenix
17th January 2009, 11:51 PM
Damn, never thought someone would complete the game with cockpit AND full motion, good going :beer

subtotal
18th January 2009, 12:03 AM
hi eLhabib,
most of my golds on meltdown are on novice though,
since i got the game i've only played it with motion controls, i think they work superbly (once you've got used to them!)

subtotal
18th January 2009, 12:04 AM
cheers greenix

subtotal
18th January 2009, 12:09 AM
hi cerium,
no i had wipeout and a ps1 on release ,
2097 ,wip3out SE,wipeout64,fusion ,pure and pulse
i couldnt believe it when i heard HD was coming

xtriko
18th January 2009, 09:33 AM
Hi subtotal!!! What can I say? HOLY SH#T!!! I'm also an internal view user, BUT! Only pitch control with motion. I tried to use full motion but, i could only play "well" in Rapier. Phantom novice I only got 1st place on Vineta K and Anulpha Pass lol. But you... wowowow!
Btw, Welcome to the Zone :)

yeldar2097
18th January 2009, 09:47 AM
welcome subtotal. i'll join the rest in saying that i'm staggered by your motion antics. AND cockpit view to boot. very impressive.
enjoy the zone and see you on the track!

Zoth-Ommog
18th January 2009, 11:10 AM
Hi Subtotal! One more cockpit racers, thats nice. I use cockpit view also, and i think we're minority here :) Hope to see you on tracks!

subtotal
18th January 2009, 11:29 AM
hello xtriko and yeldar2097

i was wondering home many ppl are using the motion controls,
since i completed the game i've been racing online but only on flash ,then reading through the posts here i see most are racing on phantom online so i thought i better get up to speed.
went into a lobby earlier and greenix was in there ,after scraping most of the paint off my ship around sebenco climb i was finishing 20-25 seconds after him.
give me a week or two of practice on phantom and i should be a bit more competitive (hopefully!)

PEPEDA
18th January 2009, 11:34 AM
Hi subtotal,a face i have raced online,welcome here zoner !!!

subtotal
18th January 2009, 11:41 AM
hello Zoth-ommog
it would be cool to get a lobby full of cockpitters ,anyone else ??

subtotal
18th January 2009, 11:48 AM
hello Pepeda
yes i remember you ,how could i forget ,you are hard work.
good to hear from you
see you again online no doubt.

LOUDandPROUD
18th January 2009, 01:40 PM
I've never even tried motion of any sort, nor have I tried cockpit view...that's pretty cool. I'll probably check them both out now, out of curiousity. Anyway, welcome and hope to race you sometime!

Mad-Ice
18th January 2009, 02:13 PM
Welcome to the zone! And a big thumps up for the full motion control!

IH8YOU
18th January 2009, 07:11 PM
At least with my PS3 - the motion control is seriously D E L A Y E D response. You need to start tweaking the controller 3 seconds before the actual turn. I couldn't stand it.

Cockpit view is fine until I barrel roll - and my eyes decide to go all retarded on me. :eek

Tip of the hat to you for actually playing that way!

yeldar2097
18th January 2009, 08:45 PM
just out of interest, what sensitivity have you got it on? i tried today and it was nothing short of catastrophic. very impressed :)

okam
18th January 2009, 09:00 PM
Longtime user of cockpit view here, I dont like looking at the wobbly ship while I race ^^ It looks strange the way it wobbles about, and also it looks like its never properly aligned with the track.

The only motion steering I did (apart from pitch) was for the trophy; the first 5 minutes were pure hell, but then suddenly it felt allright and I won my race. I don't think I will ever use that as my primary means of steering though.

stin
18th January 2009, 09:17 PM
I decided to try on Zone and I just could not stop laughing and hell I`m trying to control it.:blarg

Nevermind, you are a first class player with a motion and internal!!!:eek

Oh!, Welcome to the board!

stevie:)

subtotal
18th January 2009, 11:49 PM
hello LOUDandPROUD,Mad-ice,IH8YOU thanks for the warm welcome.

yeldar my settings are motion sensitivity 70% ,airbrake 70% and acceleration 30%
see you all online soon

subtotal
19th January 2009, 12:10 AM
hello okam and stin

it probably took me about 10 hours racing to feel comfortable with the six axsis, but once you get used to it you do feel in control.

i have to sit upright with my elbows resting on my knees, this keeps the controller centralized ,otherwise i'd end up on the otherside of the living room.
the controller needs to be held flat otherwise the nose of the ship will lift , and that does take a bit of getting used to

and barrel rolls and jumps are hard to land thats why i have the sensitivity down to 70%

i dont notice any lagging with it but i suppose its what you get used to