PDA

View Full Version : Some Sebenco Climb Help Please!

Dwb_SWE
15th January 2009, 02:22 PM
I used to play WO 2027 back in the late 90's, and now i play WO HD like a newborn child : ) But I'm a total newbie compared to all of you!

I'm trying to unlock meltdown in campaign mode! I don't know how many hours i've spent trying to get some scores on the Sebenco Climb and Chenghou Project tracks! Sebenco Climb especially is a nightmare I just se the other ships disappear and i get to 4:th place at best... I have tried all the ships but nothing helps, what is that i do wrong? Is there some secrets to this track that i've missed? same goes for Chenghou Project in DROP ZONE in campaign mode
I think I'm starting to loose hope here.. :cold

My control is set like this:
L2 = Air breaks
R2 = Air breaks
L1 = Fire
L2 = Absorb
X = accelerate

Thanks!

eLhabib
15th January 2009, 02:25 PM
It's kinda hard figuring out what you might be doing wrong without any further description of what's causing you problems. As it is, I can only give you the standard advice: stop hitting walls ;)

ElectroBolt
15th January 2009, 02:56 PM
Play more pal :mr-t

Darkdrium777
15th January 2009, 03:02 PM
stop hitting walls ;)Easier said than done :lol

You can watch my video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38gqbuuSkB4). Try to imitate. :lol It's all about practice, keep going in Racebox speed lap and then try for the race with the AI.

okam
15th January 2009, 03:04 PM
I had so much trouble with Sebenco Climb when I first started, but switching from a fast ship to one with better handling helped tons. Nail those turns, hit all the speed pads, if you get turbo pickups you might want to save them for the straight downhill before the tunnel or the slope up and out of the tunnel (else they might throw you into a wall, or off the track entirely), work in a barrel roll somewhere if you can, mind your pitch...

I have to beat this thing on elite phantom at some point, haven't dared trying yet :P

blackwiggle
15th January 2009, 04:29 PM
The trick is to side shift rather than holding either left or right air brake when taking those sharp corners,that's one of the big differences between HD and 2097
Begin by taking the corners wide and flattening them out,then slowly you can take them sharper the better you get at side shifting.
Keeping your crafts nose pitched up for all bar the downhill part is a must.
Learn to keep your nose up when first hitting that downhill bit so you have enough height to barrel roll boost down it,this is a racing winning maneuver you should master on this track.
Nose pitched down is not needed on any track in HD,that need has been removed from the game.
You want a ship with high thrust and great handling for sebenco....AG-Systems and Fiesar are the best craft to use,they are both the best for Chenghou as well,with Assagai coming in a close 3rd ,only it's weak shields let it down.

Dwb_SWE
15th January 2009, 05:07 PM
Wow! Thanks for all of your tips! Thought i was the only one having problems with this particular track! And i know that playing, playing and playing some more makes perfect! : )

Darkdrium777 Thanks for the tube link this dude playing in the video knows how to steer wow!

and blackwiggle thanks for your "Walk Thru" Many tips there, i think i need to learn to "Shift" better. And try some barrel roll's, i kind of figured that this track is made for BR's : ) But I don't master it yet. But i think I'm up and coming! So watch out! *JOKE*

Thanks all! This forum is so nice!

Darkdrium777
15th January 2009, 05:19 PM
That dude is me, if you hadn't noticed ;)

Good luck!

Try with the speed lap first, you get 99 laps to practice with the ship, which is a good way of learning the track. After, put on the AI and the weapons :)

Dwb_SWE
15th January 2009, 05:22 PM
That dude is me, if you hadn't noticed ;)

Good luck!

Try with the speed lap first, you get 99 laps to practice with the ship, which is a good way of learning the track. After, put on the AI and the weapons :)

Wow! You are the DUDE!! Wish i can get there sometime! ****e! Holy Macaroni Batman! :o

Darkdrium777
15th January 2009, 05:24 PM
LOL there are other pilots way better than me :D (Someone beat the record I did in that video, just as an example.. :frown: ;))

yeldar2097
15th January 2009, 05:31 PM
it may seem a silly thing to say but try to nail the start (as in immediately after 'go'). i didn't work this out until i already had the campaign done and dusted and it would've helped to know it before. you can start airbraking/turning earlier that you mihgt think so just give it a whirl in speed lap and you'll be sorted. if all else fails, copy darkdrium's moves, he knows what he's doing ;)

YouAreFubar
15th January 2009, 11:43 PM
You can watch my video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38gqbuuSkB4). Try to imitate.

Thats a good video, very nice racing lines all the way through. What music track is that in the background? I like it!

Darkdrium777
15th January 2009, 11:46 PM
Music is Energy Flow by Vitae, taken from the game Kinetica on PS2.From the video description ;)

YouAreFubar
15th January 2009, 11:49 PM
I saw that but didnt realise it was the name of the track.... :rolleyes:

gbit
18th January 2009, 05:01 PM
Sebenco Climb can be hard...which I found odd, since it was the easiest track for me in pure! In HD though, I found that switching from Harimau to Assegai let me win without much difficulty. It may sound weird, but try turning the music down to 0 for the really hard ones, I find it helps 'slow' the game down, makes it easier to take good lines, follow the speed pads, etc.

djKyoto
19th January 2009, 02:40 AM
Just practise is all I can say. I was rubbish at it at the start, now it's my favorite track.

yeldar2097
19th January 2009, 10:24 AM
here-here! closely followed by sol 2. i guess i'm just a sucker for hairpins :). sebenco is made a lot easier by using sideshifts to the max, they're a godsend in case of a messed-up entry to a turn.

IH8YOU
19th January 2009, 02:39 PM
I love Sebenco because it's barrel roll CITY from Flash on up. :eek

In no word of a lie, I've pulled 8 unassisted barrel rolls in ONE lap on Flash. Meaning I didn't have to use a turbo or ram into a wall to accomplish this. (unlike Sol2)

Problem is, I can never do it when it counts (with a fast ship), my thumb gets performance anxiety - so I've yet to set a record by doing it. It's mainly just a bunch of fun to pull off. :D

yeldar2097
19th January 2009, 02:50 PM
8?! i can only think of 7, let alone performing them. i'm pretty sure one of them doesn't even work!

IH8YOU
19th January 2009, 02:56 PM
Okay so the 8th one is KINDA assisted. As you drop down after the tunnel you barrel roll and pitch up on that right-hand corner. You can get the ship on top of the left wall - and then you side shift off the wall just before the finish line and you can BR there. I've only done that one twice - ever. But it IS possible! :eek

Now as for getting all 8 in one lap - that's damn near impossible in Flash - your odds get much better in Rapier.

alterego
19th January 2009, 03:35 PM
Hi All!

.....mmmmh! Let me see!

Sebenco normal from Rapier to Phantom without turbo.
After the start on the little hill. (one)
After the first right bend on the first uphill (two)
After the second (left) bend on the second uphill (three)
On top of track before the straight downhill (four)
In the exit of the uphill tunnel (five)
After the chicane before the last right big bend (six)
......but where are the other two?

on Sebenco Reverse rapier and phantom without turbo.
After the first big left bend on the first little hill nose up and br (one)
on the start of the tunnel downhill nose up and br (two)
on the top of track just in the start of downhill (three)
after the first left bend on the downhill (four)
after the next right bend (five)
on the last hill before the end (six)
...and the other two?!??? where are they!? :D

I'm sooo noob on this game, but.....The seventh....maybe in the tunnel in every direction..... there is a very little flex in the track and with nose up the br is possible, but the number 8!........Who reach this goal is an amazing pilot! wow!!!

read you soon
cdrom

leungbok
19th January 2009, 03:43 PM
You can br 8 times in sebenco forward without using the boost. At least at phantom speed !

IH8YOU
19th January 2009, 03:54 PM
After exiting the tunnel on the bump before the chicane BR - then once you land (in the middle of the chicane) you can pull up and BR, then as you drop off the chicane you can BR.

At the top of the hill (tippity top here) you can BR just going over the weapons pads, and then BR again as you pass the double speed pad after the peak. (only on phantom)

yeldar2097
19th January 2009, 05:50 PM
this is precisely why i don't use cockpit view :blarg

IH8YOU
19th January 2009, 06:27 PM
Me too! lol

yeldar2097
19th January 2009, 06:37 PM
i suppose it's a good way to test how drunk you are. unless you're so drunk you can't even pull off a br...

we're not really being very helpful here are we. umm... ok, here goes:
when first started sebenco it was like one big nose+wall fest so to help learn it/survive getting round it i decided that no matter what i'd hit all the boost pads. it might not be the best way but for me it worked brilliantly, after a surprisingly short while i could hit them all without needless throttle reduction or over-braking. try that if you're still having trouble.

leungbok
20th January 2009, 12:56 PM
Here a little vidéo to show some br location (9) on sebenco (but ugly lines, lol) ;) http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=yuVw54NvT8w&feature=channel_page

yeldar2097
20th January 2009, 04:02 PM
leungbok you hero, i found the one i was missing (the one just as you enter the tunnel). is it possible to get another BR straight after the one as you exit the tunnel (before you drop down)? great vid mate!

leungbok
20th January 2009, 04:20 PM
For the br you're talking about (after the exit of the tunnel). Pirhapac told me that he could do another one here. So 10 br are possible on one lap on sebenco forward ;)

IH8YOU
20th January 2009, 04:34 PM
Leaving the tunnel I link 3 barrel rolls in sequence - but it's rare for me to actually get them all at once. (usually miss the middle or end BR)

KGB
20th January 2009, 05:37 PM
Great video Leungbok.
I knew they were there but never managed to do them in one lap. Fantastic stuff.
Mind, I didn't know about the one in the tunnel untill i saw the other video you posted of us racing:lol