PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Strikes Back - Jan. 30,31 & Feb. 1

kanar
15th January 2009, 07:44 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/nmcnlx.jpg

Jan. 30,31 & Feb. 1 -----> PS3 & a little bit of PSP
Crappy Teasers :
(youTube) Zombie (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kyCiyNygdyE) -- WeRaceWeDie (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=L8FUYB-H30c&feature=channel_page) -- Meteor (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Yx-f6oJbA&feature=channel_page) -- Freaks (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=jDU6GRI7AMw&feature=channel_page) -- RaceOfYourLife (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=vE9l7NOJOcY) (powered by asayyeah's music)

Sorry guys, it looks really tiny compared to the last one, because I'll be alone this time. But I'll do my best to run a great show. Hope to race you all! (mmm some milk chocolate needs?)

-LET'S BE FRIENDS! :guitar: See you at the club house :beer(Wipeout Zone) on playstation Home, before each sessions.

Estimated host schedule (no filter, EUR ZONE, GMT) :coffee:
friday : 20h00 - 05h00
Saturday : 14h00 - 05h00
Sunday : 13h00 - 00h00
--->HOST Ferenzina aka milk chocolate : 4 races/track, 2 with guns, 2 without.

.... and more...
PSP REVIVAL SESSIONS SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, 20H00 GMT (Phantom class, all tracks):
-host kanar, white tracks, 2 races/track, 1 with guns, 1 without
(You can find the best (no guns) times here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5222))

Direct feed/chatbox :
http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net/ (arena chatbox if you're logged)
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4 (avalon racing league)

current times (no-guns):robot:
vineta k : Wellington86 1.43.27
anulpha : Wellington86 1.52.71
moa : Wotan 2.01.05
shenghou : Wellington86 2.04.96
metropia : Wellington86 1.47.44
sebenco : Wellington86 2.00.31
ubermall : Wellington86 1.50.94
sol2 : Wellington86 1.44.22
REVERSE
vineta k : Wellington86 1.41.68
anulpha : Wellington86 1.52.94
moa : Luxoflux 2.01.44
shenghou : Wellington86 1.58.78
metropia : Kingheim1.47.59
sebenco : Wellington86 1.59.43
ubermall : Wellington86 1.50.13
sol2 : Wellington86 1.46.28

Overall Mvps :mr-t: Wellington & Wotan (HD), INFAXSU (PULSE)
MAGEC ACADEMY :cowboy:SaturnReturn, JJohnEames, Leungbok, Amorbis, Zoth-Ommog, silverfox073, chaos80, GoRtiKa, Alejess, G-Superpilot, z1r0rEi, YouAreFubar, pirhapac, KIGO1987, Luxoflux, Danterich, blackwiggle, Feisar31, trentdf, kgb1971, Greenix, Tordmulen, GTP_Rorschach, AKRO2, hn9354, oolproo, OLOuk, yeldar2097, djv1nc3, kingheim, reach-big7, Asayyeah, Andybob35, Evolite, djkyoto, Aka-sho, ErichVR, Connavar, stinkleroy, JJPAP, chboing, Soccermums. Mad-Ice, Archman (pulse)

Please Pm me for ideas/errors/suggestions, or if you think I need a break LOL

lunar
15th January 2009, 08:19 AM
On the contrary, Kanar, like me you are not racing enough. :) I think I will be away with work all of that weekend so unable to make it, unfortunately. I`m sure this will be a great relief to the guys on the Avalon leaderboard who may see some of their records survive the weekend as a result ;) The OAP attack will have to wait for later.

kanar
15th January 2009, 10:43 AM
On the contrary, Kanar, like me you are not racing enough. :) Totally. Why do we have to work like that, lol. I'll miss you mate, thanks for the support. Hope to race you soon!

LOL, Old Age Pensioner attack. Just get it:lol

djKyoto
16th January 2009, 12:07 AM
I should still get a few races in at least, need to defend my home turf. :banzai

SaturnReturn
16th January 2009, 12:17 AM
What's the MAGEC Academy thing?

rdmx
16th January 2009, 12:38 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/nmcnlx.jpg
Minor graphical update to the image, noticed a goof in the old one.

kanar
16th January 2009, 05:56 AM
thanks so much insertcoin! SaturnReturn: was in reference to the Mirage Anti-Gravity Excellence Centre. Crazy wipeout database collection can be found here lol, don't loose your mind like me!
http://www.wipeout.netsan.fr/

archman
17th January 2009, 12:18 PM
http://www.wipeout.netsan.fr/

wow someone made a great job!

SaturnReturn
17th January 2009, 12:51 PM
Kanar,thanks for the clarification. I'm such a Wipeout noob :rolleyes:- I didn't even know Wipeout games had a story.

kanar
18th January 2009, 06:26 AM
lol saturn, you're not a wipeout noob, it's just me, I'm completely f****d up by this game lol. Yome Netsan is member here, he mostly plays LBP lol, but he did a great job compiling the wipeout database on his website.

Nadia Elenova
19th January 2009, 08:51 AM
:twisted HA HA HA, I'm back! I finally recovered my PS3! I won't miss this one even if I'm last in every race!

EPSILON
21st January 2009, 08:18 AM
Excuse me Nadia Elenova but the last place is reserved for me ^^

Tordmulen
21st January 2009, 12:38 PM
I will be there to sweep up all the mines and bombs accidentally dropped by other racers:banzai.

By the way I have a huge collection at the moment so if someone would be willing to claim some of it back it would be much appreciated.

Edit->spelling

kanar
21st January 2009, 07:28 PM
Thx so much for the support! I've just uploaded my new crappy teasers (worse than ever). I've a lot of practice behind me now, before day 1. I've already lost too much time with my crappy psp go!cam! 2 days to make that s**t LOL I'm insane! (youTube Links) =
Zombie (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kyCiyNygdyE) -- WeRaceWeDie (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=L8FUYB-H30c&feature=channel_page) -- Meteor (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Yx-f6oJbA&feature=channel_page) -- Freaks (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=jDU6GRI7AMw&feature=channel_page) (powered by asayyeah's music)

Amorbis
21st January 2009, 10:17 PM
I hope I can attend the event a bit better than I did last time. My internet connection has been a bit strange lately causing random disconnects amongst other things. I got a new wireless router so everything should be sorted now and I apologise for any disconnects last time.

I should start practicing now, with my recent transition to Piranha I'll be all over the track if I'm not in good shape.

Asayyeah
22nd January 2009, 12:59 PM
One of the funniest moment i spent at Kanar's place was watching ALL of his teasers ( even the Hidden ones, héhé) on his beamer : Especially the DEFCON 1 series ... But after watching the 'Freaks' teaser i must reckon it's now my fav one.
Music rocks ( ohh that was mine , never knew this, how can that be possible? ;) :paperbag)

kanar
22nd January 2009, 05:09 PM
Arnaud you're such a nice person. This is truly a crappy stuff, but you just see the crazy passionate -& insane- guy beyond that. thx lol

KGB
22nd January 2009, 05:19 PM
Very good Kanar.

I thought Zombie was the best until i saw Freaks (made me laugh out loud).

There's definitely madness behind those clips. :lol

yeldar2097
22nd January 2009, 07:02 PM
these are some of the best short clips i've ever seen, true classics. freaks is awesome!

JJPAP
23rd January 2009, 06:18 AM
Haha. Great teasers, Kanar, they'll soon become classics. They´ll go directly to my PSP, so I can have a another look at work, while nobody´s watching over me (!). See you at the end of january.

kanar
24th January 2009, 07:43 AM
:redface: thx so much. I've uploaded all my teasers on youtube (the old ones). Thx again for the support guys!

PSP REVIVAL SESSIONS SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, 20H00 GMT (Phantom class, all tracks):
-host kanar, white tracks, 2 races/track, 1 with guns, 1 without
-host kaori, black tracks, 2 races/track, 1 with guns, 1 without

Avenger2197
28th January 2009, 03:51 AM
I'll be there for at least the HD portion of Avalon as much as I can.

Work is always harder to accomplish knowing I could be having a ton of fun racing you guys instead.:g

kanar
28th January 2009, 07:29 AM
Avenger, as far as I can remember, you never missed one event, so thanks for your support mate.

LG65
28th January 2009, 07:11 PM
I'll come in to play Pulse!

EDIT: May not make it, due to timing...

eLhabib
30th January 2009, 07:26 AM
May not make it, due to STILL NO F*CKING ONLINE :mad:

kanar
30th January 2009, 11:04 AM
Lol, thanks for the 5 stars...

That's really sad, Elhabib. I heard Klocki_Lego & some other wipers suffered of the same disease. Anyway, I hope to race you soon guys. Now, regarding this upcoming week-end...

Some of you asked me what was the meaning of -all- that; The federation, and this/these event(s). Well, simple, it’s all about love. (Hardcore/insane/-madness?-) love for the game, pulse first, and now HD. And if you take a closer look at this place, you’ll realize wipeout has one of the best career mode of all games. The arrival of the online mode was like a fantastic discovery of this magnificent “World of WipEout”. I remember when I raced guys like Mike (F-), Mad-Ice or Arnaud (asayyeah) for the first time... I simply couldn’t regulate my… pulse! These guys inspired me so much. Maybe too much. That’s why I tried to gather together all the die hard pilots I met throughout the past year, here & online, in the “Avalon” federation, as a way to spread this love of –insane- speed, all over the world (lol). These endless host sessions one week-end per month, are the way to bring together pilots, set a date & race, just for fun. The aliens have their challenge (the no-gun times), and the other pilots can enjoy a lot of great races during the whole week-end, like a kind of Anti-gravity show room. This is just an online address -between others- this week-end, I won’t say it’s the best one, for sure it's tiny (only 7 slots rolling LOL), but I’ll do my best to offer you decent -safety car- times, even if, you know, my real life (work/wife…) is less & less compatible with wipeout. And you guys in the speed lap ranking tables are killing me, days after days. I need a break. One month at least. I’ll probably continue to check the zone & the arena (French website) for sure, but I have to calm down a little. I’m too much here. I’m sure you noticed that! Hope to race you all this week-end guys. Day one : today 20h00 GMT (21h00 CET).

LOL LG65, you're about to miss a real pulse clown (me). Haven't played pulse for ages...

zeeZ
30th January 2009, 08:49 PM
Woooo, I made it into a few races today \o/

Sadly, there was a LAN party in the basement.. well, it was more of a leech party, I had literally no bandwidth to begin with, so that might have brought up quite a few quirks, sorry for slowing you down ;)

It was fun watching everyone zip off (even if it's not only lag that's to blame). It's been a while since I played, and if I did, it was mostly snailing along the track, trying to beat Zico *fistshake*

I promise to get back in shape once I'm done with all those tests this semester.. Until then, I'll probably be needing this (http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5261/wohd20090130195211jpgpb3.jpg)

blackwiggle
30th January 2009, 10:50 PM
Trying to get into Kanars room for an hour now,man these Avalon meets are getting popular.

Worth the wait,have had some great races and some absolute shockers [non functioning weapons pads hurt KIGO and I badly on a few races:turd]
I'll be back for more intense racing later.:+:+

Alejess
30th January 2009, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to thank Kanar for all his work in running these events. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to take part much this Saturday or Sunday, but I was lucky enough to be able to join the festivities on Friday and participate in some great races against some really tough opponents.

Kanar, you’re a credit to the Zone!:+

Zoth-Ommog
30th January 2009, 11:00 PM
I just did all the reverse tracks on AVALON. And whoa guys.. that's what i call racing! Thank you to everyone who were there, and BIG hand to Kanar for setting this up, i hope i'll be able to join next one in the future :) (if i'm not able tomorrow.. dunno yet..)

kanar
31st January 2009, 02:54 AM
thanks a lot for your feedback guys... 'til my horrible network error/can't connect to the server at 4h am (hope it's not elHabib/klocki_lego disease!!!) I spent a great night with all of you guys. What a day one. I felt really tiny with my 7 slots. I feel sorry for my mates who couldn't join. Kaori, I started to clean my psn! no more burnout/dvd LOL. So, how was the competition tonight : awesome. Wotan, you rocked mate. truly on fire tonight. Intense races all night. For this day one, all credit goes to :

SaturnReturn, LORD-BENBALD, rezon123, veeto, MABARO, xTHORGODx, JJohnEames, G-Nomad, jamie1891, MarcuneR, Wotan, joserodrigo, BritishBlue, AnimaeZ, twill812, Wide33, assmusket, brewer, Leungbok, OcelotUS, YvanColonna :lol, maxx10, dariusz1230, zeeZinator, weston182, thehomgreen7, jaynr11, wellington86, Amorbis, Epsilon, silverfox073, Zoth-Ommog, Nyctalopian, GoRtika, oolproo, Scrooge_McDuke, chaos80, INFINITY_1, interclock, true_crime_23, orinoko, MakyuraJT, mindfulbiscuit, S_K_F-314, Alejess, Madulix, Sumner1456, G-Superpilot, evydaemon_, heugens, z1r0rEi, YouAreFubar, pirhapac, fffffrrrreeeeddd, 100lyloo, Golay, DaV-MaN, Luxoflux, Kigo1987, Gavin_, Danterich, OtogiZoshi, blackwiggle, Feisar31, trentdf, METLGEAR, kgb1971, Greenix, DXrobo67, TiberiumBoss, LevelDown, Yeehaw039, Tordmulen, GTP_Rorschach.

KIGO1987
31st January 2009, 03:19 AM
Worth the wait,have had some great races and some absolute shockers [non functioning weapons pads hurt KIGO and I badly on a few races:turd]

Yes. Didnt get a ****ing weapon til the 3rd lap of most races. Thats why i stuck with the Triakis ship. Got a few nice wins here and there. Getting some prep with the non weapons races so im ready for the second heat of the 1vs1s.

djKyoto
31st January 2009, 03:25 AM
Woops, missed the first day. Ill try to get on tonight, midnight I think it starts here, sigh.

EPSILON
31st January 2009, 07:52 AM
I test it yesterday, very Good Avalon Races ^^

I can't play more than 3 rounds but tonight i'm here too ;)

stin
31st January 2009, 08:39 AM
Good news, I will be on tonight!:banzai

Last night, I was just slightly too busy and watching DVDs!

stevie:)

archman
31st January 2009, 11:21 AM
oh, today is my first tournament approach, on psp...my girlfriend is coming to my place also, and i think that I'm getting 'kicked' because not paying ANY attention to her and playing pulse for the whole night... ;)
But she's been warned, so...:banzai
HEhe ;)

kanar
31st January 2009, 12:31 PM
archman go easy with me tonight, haven't played pulse for ages...

ok guys bad news : network error. can't connect anymore to the HD servers, they say my account is already signed. Great. So I'm proposing to host through my wife's account (ferenzina). Haven't unlocked anything with that account, but I can still have some fun with a piranha lol... Hopefully all the tracks are unlocked. I've already spread the info through my psn.

SaturnReturn
31st January 2009, 02:44 PM
As there are probably less slots than racers in kanar's game I will be hosting some avalon style races too this afternoon. I will also do my best to keep track of any records broken in the no weapons races. Hope to see some of you online. Starting with reverse courses right now.

kanar
31st January 2009, 04:01 PM
thx a lot mate, doing a break atm, I'm obliged to race without my beloved Icaras, it's really weird. Anyway, I'll be back at 18h30 CET (17h30 GMT) for more races. Remember lol; I'm not kanar anymore, I was killed by SL. I'm now Canadian, psn ferenzina LOL

SaturnReturn
31st January 2009, 04:24 PM
I just finished hosting some games. Was a bit quiet at the start but when kanar took a break it naturally filled up. Unfortunately on the penultimate Sol2 rev race my ps3 froze. So if anyone broke the record then I won't have caught it. So I hope no-one did. If there is anyone later after 7pm or so looking for some more avalon style action but unable to get into kanar's game then send me a message on psn and if there's a lot of demand I will host some more.

Greenix
31st January 2009, 06:27 PM
Phew, great racing tonight, and still more to go at midnight :D
Well done everyone involved :+

kanar
31st January 2009, 06:36 PM
yes thanks a lot for coming guys, another intense session despite freezes, psn users ejected from the database, & erased saves. Paradise at a huge cost lol, but it worth it. I'm about to pulse now, & I'm going to suck even more than previously with the Canadian AG-sys. What a week-end lol. After that pulse session, I'll try to unlock an Icaras in order to make some better races on HD. Midnight GMT for HD sounds fair. Hope to race you more quickly guys!!!
saturnReturn thx a lot for the help, we keep in touch for this upcoming long wipeout night!

OLOuk
31st January 2009, 07:08 PM
My hands are shaking, sweat covered my face... but I still need more! Great Racing!!

kanar
31st January 2009, 10:13 PM
I'm actually with 3 pulse psychos, (infaxsu, mad-ice & archman), the tour will be over soon. I was crazy to host that lol. My a** hurts a lot. I'll be back with my dirty AG on HD for 00:30 GMT

stin
31st January 2009, 10:38 PM
Midnight!, too late for me!:(

Nevermind, I will come back

stevie:)

kanar
31st January 2009, 10:54 PM
THX a lot INFAXSU, Mad-Ice, Archman : I was a happy spectator of your show. I'll edit the new records later, INFAXSU you're clearly a great pulse challenger for the euro convention. I couldn't even remember I played this game before. Hopefully Mad-Ice, you let me win my beloved Tech de Ra white LOL (& INFAXSU was disconnected LOL).

Now a red bull, & going back to HD

archman
31st January 2009, 10:59 PM
Hey thanks for hosting this great event!!
Can you maybe give us all boards? All the result tables? :)
INFAXSU, you're a god, you drive me crazy, man...
But, sometimes, i don't have a clue how can one ride like that...little too much nomad skills, but...whatever...

INFAXSU
1st February 2009, 01:17 AM
THX kanar (did I break some/many Avalon Pulse times?) Mad-Ice (I needed to play w/ max intensity like a psycho/god racer against you to be consistent.) arch595esc (nice Platinum Rush White wins but I went into the final lap w/ exactly 0% shield while I had the lead and fate blew up my ship on the second last turn.)

djKyoto
1st February 2009, 02:55 AM
Sorry, but the times are just too awkward for me to play around this time.

I see Mr. Wellington's stolen my Sebenco spots also.

kanar
1st February 2009, 03:04 AM
What a day2... Intense wipeout journey. The pulse "private" session was amazing. Archman, you can ask to Mad-Ice, we saw INFAXSU one year ago, when he started to play pulse. He's a Jedi now, for sure. INFAXSU, look here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5222). Carefull, don't fall into the dark side mate! Mad-Ice, it's impossible to play 2 games at the same level, but you're able to do that. Woaw. Luxoflux tried that tonight, with success too. I should go back to pulse a little more, just because there's still aliens online! I went back to HD right after that awesome spectator mode/interlude. As you can see in the record tables, Wellington enjoyed the night. We all enjoyed that night. Thanks a lot guys for coming, tomorrow it's day3, grand finale, 14h00 GMT - 00H00. hope you could make it Djkyoto. Hell yeah. With my Canadian account & my AG-SYS. And I'm not trying to imitate Flashback_Jack LOL!

All credits goes to: (HD)
SaturnReturn, stach45, Okamai, Alphonsus44, groovejetnz, FlowsenHB, AKRO2, hn9354, oolproo, sozeman, Grivier, PSCale3, OLOuk, chaos80, ilerstark, EdelWeiss, davraiser, yeldar2097, Wellington86, CSB_BALLROOM, tactics32621, z1r0rEi, nmao, dulcimerking, TikyCZ, djv1nc3, quine42ca, hjuytgfdvbn, iquayle, Guixsilver, nika57, swife, NicoPSN, SEORFEVI, matouvu, vicious-chan, ZZDjango, TinyRoboticPiggy, Chemiturtle, ryu456, plut8rch, Rathboneski, kingheim, alx_1707, harvest3r63, motorsagmannen, trix12in, XEMNAS88, NaUnAuD, reach-big7, Tom_ek, gtv666, Greenix, Nythlair, Meskalito303, yabbadabbado, giani_g, Danterich, Asayyeah, Andybob35, Wotan, feisar31, Evolite, Cjojo597..., Leungbok, STRIPH, tintensity, g33loves, olimann, LevelDown, pirhapac, people, Maronnie, TravisBickle1976,

(pulse)
INFAXSU, archman, Mad-Ice, miniroups, Petit-scarabee, digitalhawk, LG65, Luxoflux, kappeskopp, jmthebigboss, AkimOne, shamarski, B3NC3--, purist284,

KIGO1987
1st February 2009, 04:53 AM
So what account will you actually have tonight? Kanar? Your misses, or his majesty Flashback_Jack? Whom which ive never seen online in any races before.

blackwiggle
1st February 2009, 05:52 AM
My bloody broadband has gone down,the whole of Netspace's ADSL has gone down Australia wide.

Some user account/ISP problem where it won't recognize people,and they said it's severe problem and they don't know when it will be fixed,ARGH!:bomb

What timing for this to happen.:frown:

I'm having to use dial-up with an accelerator program,and it sucks.:turd

stinkleroy
1st February 2009, 07:50 AM
Well I did try to participate last night but the servers won't let me on :turd...shame. I was looking to learn some new moves from you guys..oh well there's always next time

archman
1st February 2009, 09:31 AM
arch595esc (nice Platinum Rush White wins but I went into the final lap w/ exactly 0% shield while I had the lead and fate blew up my ship on the second last turn.)

Hehe, it was no weapons, eh? I think yes...btw.: i've raced some nice laps on PR white with weapons, resulting in -6secs lead :P
:) ;)

kanar
1st February 2009, 09:57 AM
LOL Kigo, I'll see when I'll turn on my ps3, if SL gave me back my online account linked to kanar... My wife's account is Canadian for the US psn store. I think Flash is waiting for optic fiber lol, he hates lag! Hope you could make it today both guys (kigo & blackwiggle). And Stinkleroy too! I want to show you my fresh 3rd ag skin I unlocked yesterday :lol

day3 : 13h00 gmt

stinkleroy
1st February 2009, 11:21 AM
Weeeeee I can get online again, hope to get in a race or two this afternoon and show you all the travesty of my phantom piloting skills...I'm hoping it will be the kick up the behind that I need to practice more on phantom. Inspire me! :D

Mad-Ice
1st February 2009, 01:57 PM
First of all, a big thanks to Kanar for hosting Pulse for good 'ol times sake! Secondly, I was disappointed with how many people joined in this great event! Avalon was an idea and it became a concept, a thing on it's own! To satisfy more people Kanar added weapons too. 1 race with weapons on and 1 race with weapons off.

Yesterday night we started with a full grid, Kanar and I were the unlucky ones, to start almost every race in the back of the pack. Especially on weapons off races. But we fought hard and fears, lol. After racing almost half of the tracks, it was only Kanar, INFAXSU, Archman and I to finish on Outpost7. That track is really too hard to be competitive without some real practise.

At INFAXSU: I am happy to hear you had to pull out everything you got to keep ahead of me. You were on fire, that I have to say. Congratulations with breaking so many records, big thumbs up! You will have a great chance of winning the Pulse tournament of the EWC 2009. Of course I will train some more, to get back in shape! But don't forget PURE, for the total tournament points.

At Archman: You are fairly new to Pulse as far as I know, you are a fast racer who will become faster very soon. Good to have met you! Greetz Mad-Ice

Aka-sho
1st February 2009, 02:41 PM
I'm happy to race with ultra fast racers in Avalon. very excited, Thank you! :)

kanar
1st February 2009, 03:44 PM
you're welcome Aka-sho, please say to hn9354 it was me kanar lol, & not a weird canadian wiper!. You should create a Japanese wipeout team quickly, it worth it! Mad-Ice thx, but I was just a spectator, except on tech, amphi or talon white lol (so you guys can imagine the disaster!). I'll probably go back to pulse soon, with more training this time!

How is day3?:banzai terrible. Back online for 17h00 GMT!

Stinkleroy my friend! hope to race you today!!! Arnaud, Jonathan! please join tonight too!

KGB
1st February 2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for hosting Kanar.

My "time" doesn't look like arriving anytime soon :lol, but i will keep plugging away.

Also i hope you get your online issues sorted out quickly, this seems to be happening more and more, pretty bad work IMHO. Someone needs to fix this pronto :naughty

And thanks to Saturn Return yesterday, for many races with no sideshifting ;)

kanar
1st February 2009, 04:25 PM
you're welcome kgb1971, & you did well! I'm currently facing a huge problem now : I'm unable to go online through any account. I'm trying LBP to see if it's my connection, but... I feel it's not that.

stin
1st February 2009, 04:38 PM
Yes, got your message and I can`t get in either!:frown:

Something wrong here!

stevie:(

SaturnReturn
1st February 2009, 04:41 PM
And thanks to SaturnReturn yesterday, for many races with no sideshifting ;)

Seriously, I swear you were behind me and drove straight off the track.

Anyway, I had a shocking time this morning. Bad mood, worse driving. Took a real battering. Now I've calmed down a bit I can't even log on so have no chance of redeeming myself. "An error occurred whilst joining the channel. Please try again" Stupid network errors :(

Thanks for yesterday though kanar, I felt I was really in good form in some of those races and achieved a lot of personal bests. Good times!

kanar
1st February 2009, 04:59 PM
yeah saturn, network error day. Yay it finally works for me, at least the canadian one lol. I'm online!

KGB
1st February 2009, 05:36 PM
It just shows SaturnReturn, how a bit of lag can change games.

I was behind you on your screen and it was neck and neck on mine.

It has certainly changed my feelings on what i initially thought was barging, now i wonder if anyone really does it at all, again today i was getting bashed about loads. In one race i was in first place then slowly but surely made my way to last, being clipped by everyone on the way :lol

I wonder if the new/faster internet connection I'm getting on Tuesday will help;). (probably not):frown:

stinkleroy
1st February 2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks for hosting kanar...you really should get an award for your dedication! :P

And thanks for getting me involved, I was a little apprehensive because I don't normally race phantom and certainly don't belong in the ranks of the people I just raced against but I had loads of fun anyway and don't think I did all too badly....I think it may have inspired me to practice phantom more...hmmmm

archman
1st February 2009, 08:03 PM
...At Archman: You are fairly new to Pulse as far as I know, you are a fast racer who will become faster very soon. Good to have met you!...

Thank you for your words, Mad-Ice, it really means much to me...I'll try to practice as much as I am practicing now, so I get into close battles with you legends!
It was a pleasure to race with you, Mad-Ice, and, of course, Kanar, INFAXSU and others who joined occasionally.
Looking further for the next pulse meetings! I am willing to participate in hosting, if there's a need!
Cheers from Croatia! ;)

yeldar2097
1st February 2009, 09:44 PM
thanks for the races kanar, or rather, ferenzina. great stuff :)
i wasn't very good this weekend but hopefully i'll be better next time.

shame about the network errors. seems to be happening to more and more people recently. let's hope SL get it sorted soon

SaturnReturn
1st February 2009, 10:05 PM
Indeed, thanks again kanar. Here's a quick vid of the final session Race 1 (harshest quake ever) (http://www.wegame.com/watch/Avalon_1st_Feb_Final_Session_Sol2_R_Race_1/)
I have a bit more footage so I'll see if there's anything else worth posting.
The last avalon inspired me and I think I've made some improvement since then. Here's hoping that by the next avalon I can improve enough to bag myself a record (not likely, but one can dream :p)

kanar
1st February 2009, 10:31 PM
archman, after this saturday night fever a next event will be definitely scheduled soon! You're not far away from Germany, you should consider a trip to the euro convention in may too!

Yeldar, Saturn, thx for your posts. Yeah I hope to race you soon guys, with my kanar ID. Saturn feel free to post more content, awesome you could record some stuff. I promise to do so in march!
Stinkleroy thx a lot for joining! you saw you're ready for the phantom class! You're so kind, & kaori tried before lol, but I really don't deserve anything, I'm just a crazy guy who passed the entire week-end playing wipeout with the world LOL. You guys & girls from Japan, usa, canada (not ferenzina lol), Australia, finland, norway, sweden, Austria, Italy, Ireland, England, Denmark... (I forgot many)... Despite the horrible lag sometimes (guys you should test wipeout pulse for pure lag, I played INFAXSU in NY on a psp -wifi- all night, & I'm in France!) psn freezes, the erased saves & the kanar abduction by SL servers, THAT WAS AWESOME. Of course, there was a competition. 2 guys impressed me a lot. Well 3, but pirhapac was more focused on the offline records struggle lol. Wellington, Wotan, you are my mvps. And even more than last time, I saw an army of super-skilled pilots not far behind. The MAGEC academy exists, it's here, & at WipeoutArena. What a week-end. Now I need a break, one month, not less. Thanks a lot to everyone involved. I'll be back in march with a second host at home, not less lol. And I hope to play with my kanar ID, I don't want to make the campaign a third time. LOL

For day3, all credit goes to :
itakker, tug_14, oromis3, misthepig, bazzman32, apoteosiqwerty6, bgMC1, gjiowphvr, Bastek1, wotan, RareHero, overcell, Androphis, whaaataaa, HotKristin, ceko35, D1GGER, TheBeachie, nounours29, st_elmos_fire, hijackyl, OLOuk, djkyoto, SaturnReturn, axlair01, dannymarkham08, moinsn, mathias333, YeahDood, Allen_C16, Danterich, Pepe2001, Luxoflux, richard491, spec-r-99, indigo11, Wellington86, Raphael_00_, rerealm, Aka-Sho, kgb1971, EdelWeiss, yeldar2097, dark102042, RissyMcG, z1r0rEi, dacl38, nounou28, zoob76, Xceder, brewer, hn9354, doomwind, Nyctalopian, JJohnEames, Tom_ek, plaguebearer666, mcgra, Leungbok, Andybob35, ErichVR, Annaisha, Iceseven, reach-big7, MikeJMike, JeWeetWel, Rictor_Rockets, YeahDood, stinkleroy, oolproo, twill812, minimal457, DannyD15, gerdyk, benedykt2, Connavar, N-Ambrosetti, dariusz1230, KZN82, JJPAP, chboing, aioria13, Orphen1989, Zoth-Ommog, itbestuk, Karolorak_PL, engrobel, kettle69, nabravo2000, UbikUbik, Tsubi_Lunik, ilerstark, didu, chrisparana, Jetafe, plut8rch, haemha, zeo111178, DBATZR, drMannevond, Bambobanga, Lemmi68, Soccermums, Alejess, nothing12, MIXSAI, Fanta_Mango, flipeti, Choppa01, stickypoo, g33loves, jonnierockitt, heugens, Sonekism, Trooper-Orange, sentra1, Squadii, Ragowit, PACE_UK, netrino78, Kingdean1, Shazzy-B-.

archman
1st February 2009, 10:48 PM
oh what a trip would that be...5th month, maybe, maybe...who knows...:)
Who knows where i'll be then, hehe :D

kanar
2nd February 2009, 11:19 AM
And just 2 months before this convention mate...
Avalon : March Attack (PS3, PSP) : MARCH 13/14/15:banzai

it will be probably the last one. My wife will be back at home in june lol. So you can expect something atomic from me, like featurings, double hosts...

archman
2nd February 2009, 12:50 PM
ok, nice, i'm in for the psp hosting help, if nothing gets in my way that 3 days... :)

Wotan
2nd February 2009, 02:41 PM
It was once again an incredible week end. Tiring but really pleasant ^^.
I once again battled much with wellington, although I had more difficulties to follow him than at the time of the last avalon. Mate, you are really impressive!!! you are the true MVP of this week end ;).

Well, I will need a small break after those hours passed so much on wipeout. But I would be of return for the next event (with the triakis obviously, kanar :lol )

Edit : I think wellington had killed kingheim's record on metropia reverse (1.46.99 if i remember) ;)

kanar
2nd February 2009, 03:11 PM
lol no it can't be true! I'll check the screenshots again. Wotan, you deserved it too, this is more on the dedication to the game than on the record table basis I admit, but hey seriously, you went to work saturday, after a long wipeout night -4am- that's crazy enough for me!

Kigo please learn us how the triakis works!

Wellington86
2nd February 2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks Wotan. It was close as always between us. If one of us makes a mistake the other will almost always make them pay!

Thanks as ever to kanar for the dedicated hosting, even while unable to play as his favourite ship (or under the tricolour :lol). I didn't get to play as solidly as usual, but I put in some lengthy sessions. As far as I know I'll be at the next one in March.

Lol at you two using the Triakis! If I remember correctly one of you got destroyed while using it, which rather defeats the object, haha. I did like using it at the constructors' cup though, it's probably the most unique of all the ships.

KIGO1987
2nd February 2009, 04:46 PM
Lol at you two using the Triakis! If I remember correctly one of you got destroyed while using it, which rather defeats the object, haha. I did like using it at the constructors' cup though, it's probably the most unique of all the ships.

I think Kanar was using it since i manage to rack up a few wins in it, in some Day 1 Avalon races in it. Also in two tournaments before entering the Avalon room, while racing Andybob35 and Luxoflux. A shock suprise underdog to many it is. I use it alot to combat this damn lag i get.

Kigo please learn us how the triakis works!

I shouldnt say the secret of it, but i might get told a few favours in the future;) aye?

Triakis is best for a full grid race. Not so for 1vs1s. You start off slow, then pick up pace to the pack, and if you have enough momentum, you can pass this pack and get into the pole position places in the grid, where you then use your strategic skills from whether to use the boost pads or weapon pads (Weapons On races). This ship does have a speed factor of 9 which is higher than most of the average ships out there which has a speed factor of 7 or 8.

So even in the non weapon races you have an overall advantage to most of the other ships out there. Your ship will eventually pick up speed, and have a higher constant top speed, and the lag isnt a bitch you can overtake;) [or like with me, lap 1 no weapons, lap 2 no weapons, lap 3 sheild energy crital no weapons, lap 4 get a rockets pickup... and thats it, lap 5 controller in many pieces on the floor... only kiddin.. gotta be careful though].

Also the old school Pure, Pulse setup up works best for Triakis. You need to work overtime in the sideshifting dep to steer the ship. Analogue and the other ponsy newish features dont work too well with the ship, and my quote "when in doubt, got flat out".

Let me know if you get some luck in it hey:D....

kanar
3rd February 2009, 07:59 AM
Oh yeah I'll try that Kigo, but I can tell you I was sooo happy when I unlocked my Icaras last night with my new secret PSN ID (ferenzina is Canadian, weird to contact the euro servers with this account). I'll open soon the new March attack topic, with lot of surprises...;)