PDA

View Full Version : Team ENG vs Team AUS

OBH
13th January 2009, 07:12 PM
Think we should get cracking on another big matchup between 2 big Wipeout Nations :)

Can England make it 3 wins out of 3??? and firmly place themselves at the top of the wipeout ladder?? or can the fast pilots from down under spoil our fun!!!!! Lets hope not!! :D:g

I was planning on the same setup as before, simply 2 tournys, with weapons, all 16 tracks.

Any objections or suggestions are welcome of course :hyper

As for time, lets give ourselves at least a week. We all know of the french matchup calamity!

Hellfire_WZ
13th January 2009, 09:15 PM
Count me in if you need, although this one could be difficult to organise bearing in mind the time difference

Greenix
13th January 2009, 09:45 PM
Oooo! I love hunting skippies! :p ;)

Sign me up for the hunting session, it will give me a chance to.... race.... djkotyo or whatever his name is for the first time :D

OBH
14th January 2009, 11:43 AM
id like to race next wednesday or thursday...... but were not going to get anything sorted untill the enemy says their up for it ;)

rdmx
14th January 2009, 11:49 AM
KIGO is a better organiser than I am, so I'll let him have his say.
Though this sounds good.

KIGO1987
14th January 2009, 12:41 PM
I was planning on the same setup as before, simply 2 tournys, with weapons, all 16 tracks.

That could work. So no Pulse like the time we vs. The French.... and won. We'll prob beat you guys in Pulse, so no need to dust off the PSPs. We'll just leave it in HD. Sounds good.

Organisation on my half is possible, but is difficult since i dont have a functioning computer with msn on it. Ive since late dec used the PS3 console to access these forums. But we'll have to org a date that suits all. And most of all what time suits all. Since we do have a 9 to 11 hour time difference. Im going to think about this....

andybob35
14th January 2009, 05:54 PM
Evening all, count me in as id love to lap KIGO's EGX and sum top racers who i never see online (DJkotyo, insertcoin and radiumx).

Im suggesting weekends (for those who work 9-5) as im sure there's a time to suit everyone.

16 races with weaps will make for fast time and intense races!:hyper

djKyoto
15th January 2009, 01:29 PM
Sign me up for the hunting session, it will give me a chance to.... race.... djkotyo or whatever his name is for the first time :D
Evening all, count me in as id love to lap KIGO's EGX and sum top racers who i never see online (DJkotyo, insertcoin and radiumx).

Man, this djkotyo bloke sounds fast. I hope I can race him one day. ;)

Also I've raced you before a few times already Greenix. :pirate

Amorbis
15th January 2009, 02:26 PM
I'll probably be available, depending on what time it is. With the time difference between England and Australia it's going to need some organising. I don't want to make any promises and not be able to turn up because I'm busy or what not, so I should be considered as a sub for now.

KIGO1987
15th January 2009, 05:22 PM
Now times. You do have to acknowledge there is a huge time gap. So here are the time suggestions.

This Sunday:
9AM GMT+0, which is
6PM GMT+9, Perth time, which is,
8PM GMT+11, Melbourne, Sydney time

I think the timezones are right. Does that suit all? Now who in Aus wants to participate?

Hellfire_WZ
15th January 2009, 05:23 PM
Sunday rules me out, won't be around.

Greenix
15th January 2009, 07:51 PM
Also I've raced you before a few times already Greenix. :pirate

Hmm, however hard I pull my hair out I just can't remember ever racing you.
Maybe you spent the races behind me? ;)

:o 9AM?! I'll only just be getting INTO bed at that time! Planning to catch us when we are hungover/half asleep Kigo, you cheeky so and so :)

rdmx
15th January 2009, 11:34 PM
Maybe delay it one hour? To be 'nice' to the british?

djKyoto
16th January 2009, 12:05 AM
Maybe you spent the races behind me? ;)

Dem fightin' words!

Also delay it an hour or 2 from those times. Give them the chance to have their morning cup of tea. ;)

OBH
16th January 2009, 02:45 AM
:coffee:coffee:coffee

Man, this djkotyo bloke sounds fast. I hope I can race him one day. ;)

Hes not bad :) Though dont worry about him mate!

Im sure djkyoto noticed a team ENG member tops the times for nearly every track (granted one pilot more so than otheres hehe)... so trust me mate - hes fast, but not that fast ;)

He might beat one, maybe even 2 if hes lucky, but team ENG will go marching on! :g

Oh, and sunday 10am would be perfect for me.

KIGO1987
16th January 2009, 06:43 AM
10AM GMT+0 This Sunday good for all?

andybob35
16th January 2009, 06:06 PM
Well i do my killing before breakfast so 10am+ is good 4 me
(though i cannot guarantee ill be up!).

Don't wanna miss Kigo's Egx shotdown in flames 8) and the fastest aussie's out there. count me in dude :rock

Greenix
16th January 2009, 06:44 PM
10 is fine, Im sure england can shoot the crap outta the aussies, claim first place, and be back home in time for our morning tea! :D :coffee

OBH
17th January 2009, 12:26 AM
So far we have 3 deffinite yes's, and 2 maybes.

I'll make sure we have 4 deffinite players for sunday, or let you guys know otherwise. Theres no way im letting another organisation disaster to happen :eek

KIGO1987
18th January 2009, 06:38 AM
Now this thing still going?

From what i know, these are the following;
Blackwiggle - Standby
djkyoto - On
KIGO1987 - On
Radium - On
Trentdf - On

Ready for some hardcore lag races;)

kanar
18th January 2009, 06:45 AM
Supporting ANZAC on this one lol. Go GO guys! quake the british!

(GG to all anyway)

rdmx
18th January 2009, 07:07 AM
I'd rather not play this time around. Might wait for the inevitable rematch. I've just got little interest in playing at this time.

KIGO1987
18th January 2009, 08:35 AM
Kyoto and i are in. If i can get Trent in, i could make this a 3 vs 3 tournament. But there are troubles occuring in both parties atm. If worse case scenario comes, this event might have to be postponed.

trentdf
18th January 2009, 08:43 AM
if everyone is up for postponing, then postpone. i have something else to do if it is anyway. i don't think the poms will be happy though, if they've gotten up specifically...

KIGO1987
18th January 2009, 08:46 AM
Sign in on the PSN Trent join the chaos atm .

KIGO1987
18th January 2009, 09:00 AM
Network errors and players pulling out. This event will have to be postponed til another time.

Greenix
18th January 2009, 09:27 AM
Shambles. Up until 3/4 am chasing up on english racers and finding a replacement. Aussies have pull outs. The servers are screwing over and my lack of sleep has left me grumpy and irritable. Feel like driving a truck into the SL server room.

KGB
18th January 2009, 12:44 PM
Just got up now, glad i didn't make the effort for that one, never got to bed till after 5am.
Never mind Greenix, you tried hard, thats all you can do.

djKyoto
18th January 2009, 12:52 PM
Are the servers still down?

I guess we'll have to try next weekend, or such.

KIGO1987
18th January 2009, 01:13 PM
Best to think this one out first before a new time is considered, like when the time we versed France. How did that time work to suit all. and can we intergrate this scheme into the next tournaments. Maybe a Saturday. Maybe when this ****ing weather cools down, and most importantly when the servers are operational. These objects have to be taken into consideration.

Greenix
18th January 2009, 01:41 PM
well as long as its 5pm (GMT+0) or later on any day (sunday can be anytime) i'm fine to race.
Basically there just needs to be a lot more communication between both, teams and its members.

andybob35
18th January 2009, 03:21 PM
Well we need to plan a date well in advance, say in 2 weeks. And as we brits creeped outta bed early i think the next one should be a late one 4 us =o

Servers cant be helped but we can atleast get 4vs4 in two weeks?! lets hope so, don't be put-off and it'll be the most intense (and probs laggy) game in the world!

If anyone's interested put there names down early so we can arrange GMT +/- hours in good time. Im in by the way =D

KIGO1987
18th January 2009, 05:06 PM
Now just reading the FRA vs AUS thread to see how the times worked better that time round. Heres what i had in mind;

A saturday not sunday,
GMT+0 @ 11AM
GMT+9 @ 8PM
GMT+11 @ 10PM

This is an idea, not a solid confirmation time. Next weekend would be unlikely for our team since its Australia day long weekend.

Greenix
18th January 2009, 06:06 PM
I should be able to free up the saturday 2 weeks from now. 11am suits me fine sleepwise aswell.

blackwiggle
19th January 2009, 12:29 AM
The Avalon meet [over 3 days] is on in two weeks time.
Make it a months time.

djKyoto
19th January 2009, 01:55 AM
Everybody busy this weekend?

KIGO1987
19th January 2009, 07:46 AM
Im busy this weekend. Blackwiggles right. After the Avalon weekend and before next months one vs. one tournament. Also before the Uni year starts would be nice.

OBH
19th January 2009, 11:25 AM
ill be there.

Greenix
19th January 2009, 04:54 PM
Any time during a weekend period should be fine.
Also, as far as Team England goes, are we going to use the same line up we had planned or a different one (as long as the players can make it when the date and time has been decided on)?

Sugar_from_OTW
29th January 2009, 05:50 AM
Can someone commit to a time, and I'll put it into the news.wpa newsletter (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5763) next week.

Sounds good anyway. Can Kiwi's help out?

rdmx
29th January 2009, 06:18 AM
It should be ANZAC vs. England tbh ;)

KIGO1987
29th January 2009, 12:04 PM
The idea is to have this event after the weekend after Avalon, which is the week following. But the weather is completly ****ed all around AUS, so ill get a few opinions from the guys in Melbourne and Sydney, before anything is concrete.

blackwiggle
5th February 2009, 01:30 AM
It's SOOO hot,I can't get into the frame of mind to race full on.
I think that would be the same for most of us.

Deferring it to a later date,maybe even April would be better for all.

The UK racers are just short of frostbite it would seem,far better to have it suit all,climate wise.

KIGO1987
5th February 2009, 09:12 AM
Extreme heat in Aus and Extremme blizzard in UK. Seems like we have an understanding of the climate extremes.

It still hot in April here Wiggle. By May summer is officially over here. Maybe around then, when the Englishmen are starting to defrost and the Aussies are starting the cool down.

I dont mind doing the odd race or more online, but with this weather, TBH i am in a real state of CBF ATM.

djKyoto
5th February 2009, 10:54 AM
If I play anymore Wipeout, my PS3 will melt at this rate.