PDA

View Full Version : Pitch

Nocturnal
3rd January 2009, 02:24 AM
If anyone could help out guiding me to the SIXAXIS.
I don't use the Motion Sensors, but I am currently trying to Beat Zico.

And I am a noob to motion sensing so can someone guide me in doing barrel rolls with the bitch. I would be grateful.

Cerium
3rd January 2009, 05:55 AM
For beating Zico I would recommend against using the motion controls. Some people use them for pitch, but I found it to be more of a hindrance than a help.

Also, I'm fairly certain you still need the dpad or analog stick for a barrel roll.

Nocturnal
3rd January 2009, 09:31 AM
But how do you pitch on a SIXAXIS, I just need to know how to get it working. I know it's a hindrance.

blackwiggle
3rd January 2009, 09:50 AM
You are basically stuck in one position if you want to use Pitch via Sixaxis,wewll that's what I have found,some other racers might of been able to wing "Sixaxis whilst moving", ???

I've only found that to get a working/racable sixaxis is to have at least ones elbows braced against ones legs/knee's
You just wander "willy Nilly" without you forearms braced in some such manner.

yeldar2097
3rd January 2009, 12:12 PM
if you're asking how to activate it then you can choose between sterring+pitch or just pitch in game options. then your ship moves without you touching anything! freaky!
just tilt the controller up/down / left/right and you're sorted.
i find it very hard to use, i just used pitch for beating zico, probably more as a placebo than anything else, but i did it so i'm happy:) still requires conventional steering methods for BRs though.

zeeZ
3rd January 2009, 01:07 PM
With full motion controls you do barrel rolls like with any other, by steering left, right, left or right, left, right. Just tilt (http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3826/wiggleze0.gif) the controller.

I read somewhere that letting go of the controller with one hand and shaking (http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4966/shakelg7.gif) it with the other also works

Darkdrium777
3rd January 2009, 06:44 PM
Nice GIFs :lol

I use motion for pitch, it's good enough for that. I wouldn't use it for steering though, as there is an input delay long enough to make it very hard to learn how to steer with it. But for pitch it doesn't matter so much, as the ship auto adjusts on its own after a while, and with you helping with the pitch through motion well it adjusts very quickly anyways. :)

To use motion pitch, you would do like that (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Aptch.gif), except replace the plane with a SIXAXIS, and you are holding the plane by it's wings ;)

Yeah I use GIFs too.

TheFrostE
3rd January 2009, 06:49 PM
i found it MUCH easier to beat zico using motion control for pitch, you just have to keep a tab on how your holding the controller while your racing just tilt it up or down

yeldar2097
3rd January 2009, 09:23 PM
wow zeeZ, i had no idea about that. can't say i ever tried it or that i ever will but never mind.
...unless of course i feel like giving myself an extra challenge. i need to get semi-decent with conventional controls first though;)