PDA

View Full Version : Lapped Out: How do you roll?

Bomb Runner
2nd January 2009, 01:11 AM
The only use i ever got out of Pilot Assist

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4647/20090102wx0.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20090102wx0.jpg)

TheFrostE
2nd January 2009, 01:27 AM
rofl, does that really work

(not that PA actually helps experienced players though )

ProblemSolver
2nd January 2009, 03:17 AM
Lol :)

rdmx
2nd January 2009, 03:21 AM
Am I the only person who got the 99 speed lap achievement without pilot assist and tape :paperbag

trk_rkd
2nd January 2009, 03:28 AM
nah i got it beating ziko. i know there are a few people who got ziko real quick (flashback jack claims to have done it in two laps or something...) but i think the majority of players took somewhere in the region of 200 laps. of course, not everyone will have done them all back-to-back, although again i think the majority of players did (going by the stories of "beat ziko" all nighters pulled by members on this forum and others)

(similarly, i think "zone zeus" probably contributed a lot to many players progress towards the "livery liberation" trophy. i think i fully unlocked 4 or 5 ships just trying to reach zone 75...)

Darkdrium777
2nd January 2009, 06:25 AM
Flashback claims many things, but he's full of it a lot of times. Two laps? Yeah. When he saw what the technique was (Which requires two laps by the way, so yeah everyone essentially did it in two laps). I'm pretty sure he spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the line was like the rest of us. He isn't some sort of god like he seems to think he is. :-

insertcoin: I didn't use tape either. Or a lamp. I used a rubber band :lol Although afterwards I did spend 99 laps on AP two times for the Zico one, so had I not used the rubber band the first time I would've gotten it anyways.

SuperNova
2nd January 2009, 07:05 AM
...Flashback claims many things, but he's full of it a lot of times....

Preach it:lol:lol

Me, i got it during my Beat Zico Run:P

eLhabib
2nd January 2009, 08:35 AM
haha, now that's creative use of a lamp!
Didn't use any 'help' on the lapped out trophy either, it just sorta 'happened' during my first few speedlap sessions.

kaori
2nd January 2009, 10:27 AM
Am I the only person who got the 99 speed lap achievement without pilot assist and tape :paperbag

No, I got it on Anulpha Pass, Venom, Piranha ;)

zeeZ
2nd January 2009, 10:37 AM
I lap out regularly (or at least attempt to) trying to get used to tracks I noticed that I fail hard at.

My first one was Ubermall IIRC, still don't get that last corner most of the times.. I admit using a hair tie and the end of a S-Video cable to grind a few loyalty points now and then though

yeldar2097
2nd January 2009, 10:41 AM
when i had 90-odd thousand loyalty points i did it a couple of times by wedging my controller under a sofa. only problem is, now i have to push down REALLY hard to get 100% throttle. idiot much?
thankfully it's not my DS3:)

OBH
2nd January 2009, 10:48 AM
kaori you did 99 VENOM speed laps?? you nuts? :D id have got bored after 2.

0mnipresence
4th January 2009, 02:34 AM
99 venom laps here too. I was trying to beat zico without looking up any strategy but gave in at around 75 laps. Still haven't beat zico yet though.

TheFrostE
4th January 2009, 04:41 AM
i did the 99 laps with no assistance just for getting the achievement...as for zico, that was a whole other session for about 2 or 3 days haha

0mnipresence
4th January 2009, 05:01 AM
I can't believe the record is 29 seconds, I can't even finish within the 30 second mark let alone what's required, and I can pull off every barrel roll most every time. Yes I'm doing this two laps, boost on setup lap and attempt lap.

bik3rluke
5th January 2009, 02:33 AM
I done this ages ago when I wanted the trophy. :lol