PDA

View Full Version : "Maximum Reached" Friends list on the PS3 PSN XMB

KIGO1987
30th December 2008, 05:20 PM
Is there anyway to by pass the 100 people maximum user ID on the PSN XMB? Because ive got friends invites requests i cant add onto my PS3. Anyway around this?

eLhabib
30th December 2008, 05:56 PM
I've run into the same problem, and my solution was to check my 100 friends again - you'll definitely find some that you haven't played for months, or that were friends from a game you now no longer play. It also helps that the XMB shows you how long ago each friend was last online. Nothing wrong with deleting someone you only vaguely know, and who hasn't been online for 6 weeks, right?

blackwiggle
30th December 2008, 08:56 PM
KIGO you must have heaps just from organizing those "Bling Brigade" GG's,and some of those from the Aus V NZ races could be culled as they never seem to race any more.

KIGO1987
30th December 2008, 10:30 PM
Dawn here, still friggin hot!

@ elHabib: Its come to that point, yes. Dont want to kill off too many friends. Do occasional chat to the odd random when they want a bit of help with something, deleting process commences next year...

@ Blackwiggle: Yes, those BB events i hold now and then (gotta create another one soon) do create a minor influx on the friends list. The NZ tourny, that was a while ago wasnt it. WhiteyNZ hasnt been logged on in 53days! Damn thats a record! Then again, dont want to go deleting people who havent been on the PSN in ages. HK-50 wasnt online in 40+ days, then he made an appear just only a few days ago. He races the Icarus ship quite skilled.

Maybe the next PS3 firmware update with included a friends list limit with an extra zero at the end. 1000 should do the trick nicely.

Darkdrium777
31st December 2008, 08:30 PM
The limit was at one point 50. :blarg

I'm getting close to 100 as well, I should do some cleanup although I don't think I'll be able to eliminate as much as before because I've basically kept all of the people that had signed in during the last month. I don't think there's anyone left that hasn't signed on for over a year.

It sucks that there's a limit, but this may be explained by technical reasons. It seems to me that your friend's list is not stored on your PS3, but on the PSN server itself, because of the small loading for the friend's list when you sign in (aka it's downloading it possibly). If your friends were stored on the PS3 you could basically have an unlimited amount, and there shouldn't be any loading for accessing the friend's list (Apart from an avatar and status update, but the names would appear instantly).

Of course this is just wild thinking. ;)

KIGO1987
10th March 2009, 04:30 PM
Is SCE going to address this problem somtime soon, cause it its irritating the **** through me.

This 100 threshold is becoming irritating:

Anyhow, ill use this thread to keep tabs on my outstanding friends list:

AG-Wolf
alteregorr
BritishBlue
Cerium
flashback_jack (not sure if he wants to be add on)
guggle
LOUDandPROUD
Mister_Mateo
OLOuk
reach-big7
SupercarGT
Yoshikamitsu

Ill update this list from time to time. Let me know if you would like to be on it. Cause at the moment my PSN Account seems to be the Wipeout HD HUB of the Southern Hemisphere at the moment

LOUDandPROUD
10th March 2009, 09:50 PM
Glad to see I made your list :)

superpj1
11th March 2009, 11:18 AM
The limit was at one point 50.

If the limit was 50, then 100, then maybe in a few months it will be 200 :g

Sony should give us the ability to rename our friends (localy). Some guys have weird names like "xmbfr66" you don't remember who they are and how you met them.

blackwiggle
11th March 2009, 12:17 PM
I don't know if anybody else here gets the same thing,but,I get friend requests from people that I have neither raced or are Forum members wanting help getting the Bling Trophy.

My guess is they are visitors and are choosing a name in hope of the off chance I/this will GET THEM THE trophy.

I don't know how other forum members considers unsolicited friends requests,especially for a brief encounter [trophy hunting],but me personally;I consider it RUDE.

If your on my "People Met" list [Obviously raced recently ] , or a Wipeoutzone member,well sure,I'll help out.

If you a Trophy Hunter and have few ideals vis a vie the way of the AG RACER.
Well go Fu(k yourself.

Sorry,I'm not usually as blunt,just a bit over the situation.:bomb

alterego
11th March 2009, 04:35 PM
Hi Kigo, hi all.

Is SCE going to address this problem somtime soon, cause it its irritating the **** through me.

This 100 threshold is becoming irritating:

Anyhow, ill use this thread to keep tabs on my outstanding friends list:

AG-Wolf
alteregorr
BritishBlue
Cerium
guggle
LOUDandPROUD
Mister_Mateo
OLOuk
reach-big7
SupercarGT
Yoshikamitsu

Ill update this list from time to time. Let me know if you would like to be on it. Cause at the moment my PSN Account seems to be the Wipeout HD HUB of the Southern Hemisphere at the moment

I'm very glad to see my nick in your list :)

I'm online every morning in italy from 5:30 to 6:45 and with timezones in Australia/Perth are my time plus 8 hours.....maybe we meet around your 2 pm...hope... ;)

read you soon
CdRom

Darkdrium777
11th March 2009, 06:56 PM
Right now I am denying people with whom I've played for very little time if I don't know them.

KIGO1987
11th March 2009, 07:56 PM
Update:

AG-Wolf
alteregorr
BritishBlue
Cerium
guggle
LOUDandPROUD
Mister_Mateo
Mus
OLOuk
reach-big7
SupercarGT
Yoshikamitsu
Z1r0rEI

@blackwiggle: lol, you make me laugh.

@alteregorr: No worries:D

@Darkdium777: same story here

KIGO1987
13th March 2009, 05:59 PM
Update:

AG-Wolf
alteregorr
BritishBlue
Cerium
Elois-13
guggle
LOUDandPROUD
Mister_Mateo
Mus
Nyctalopian
NZLion
OLOuk
reach-big7
SupercarGT
Yoshikamitsu
Z1r0rEI

A bizzare thing happened Habib sent me an invite, and it went through, WTF..... the list is 101 users now or something.. I might recount the list.

KIGO1987
19th March 2009, 12:19 PM
Update:

AG-Wolf
alteregorr
BritishBlue
Cerium
Del Stepho
Elois-13
guggle
JJPAP
LOUDandPROUD
Mister_Mateo
Mus
Nyctalopian
NZLion
OLOuk
reach-big7
SupercarGT
TarotCardKiller
Vartazian
Yoshikamitsu
Z1r0rEI

KIGO1987
28th March 2009, 02:04 PM
Updated...

Darkdrium777
28th March 2009, 06:05 PM
I'm receiving some friend invites from people I don't remember playing with so if it's people of the Zone and you're reading this please identify yourselves as such otherwise I won't accept you... :/