PDA

View Full Version : PSN Wipeout Records

RJ O'Connell
28th December 2008, 05:14 PM
Until there's a table set up for the PSN re-releases of WipEout, which have proven to be much different than the original game, here's a thread I've set up to post record times.

Feel free to contribute yours. Just remember to specify which version you're using, single race or time trial, etc.

Of course, if this is deemed unnecessary by the moderators, feel free to lock it. If it's important, feel free to sticky it.

(Number 1 records shown)
VENOM CLASS PS3

Altima VII SR
Karbonis V SR
Terramax SR
Korodera SR
Arridos IV SR
Silverstream SR
Firestar SR

Altima VII TT
Karbonis V TT
Terramax TT
Korodera TT
Arridos IV TT
Silverstream TT
Firestar TT

RAPIER CLASS PS3

Altima VII SR
Karbonis V SR
Terramax SR
Korodera SR
Arridos IV SR
Silverstream SR
Firestar SR

Altima VII TT
Karbonis V TT
Terramax TT
Korodera TT
Arridos IV TT
Silverstream TT
Firestar TT

VENOM CLASS PSP

Altima VII SR
Karbonis V SR
Terramax SR
Korodera SR
Arridos IV SR
Silverstream SR
Firestar SR

Altima VII TT
Karbonis V TT
Terramax TT
Korodera TT
Arridos IV TT
Silverstream TT
Firestar TT

RAPIER CLASS PSP

Altima VII SR
Karbonis V SR
Terramax SR
Korodera SR
Arridos IV SR
Silverstream SR
Firestar SR

Altima VII TT
Karbonis V TT
Terramax TT
Korodera TT
Arridos IV TT
Silverstream TT
Firestar TT

JABBERJAW
28th December 2008, 11:12 PM
don't the psp and ps3 versions play identically?

Darkdrium777
30th December 2008, 07:35 AM
Same game, but handling is very different because PSP buttons are (much) more sensitive. Hence two tables, which is fair IMHO. ;)

Frances_Penfold
17th August 2009, 05:57 AM
...the PSN re-releases of WipEout, which have proven to be much different than the original game

Just curious how the PSN releases differ from the original? I have played the PSN versions on my PS3 and PSP but have too little experience with the originals to note the differences.

XBARNSTERX
17th August 2009, 10:26 AM
I'll post some times later on to get things moving abit. i play on the ps3 now and then, but they will only be tt ones as i've not really played the sr. Another thing will you be putting on lap times for each too aswel as ship used?

AG-wolf
17th August 2009, 05:28 PM
Same game, but handling is very different because PSP buttons are (much) more sensitive. Hence two tables, which is fair IMHO. ;)

Well the handling is different in the original wipeout when you play D-Pad vs NeGcon, but there aren't two different tables there :P And by that right, Al should have his own table for every different controller configuration/iteration he uses lol

Darkdrium777
17th August 2009, 06:15 PM
XD
We need a forum section dedicated to Al's crazy but awesome inventions. I'll betcha he comes up next year with a controller he uses with his feet... And still owns with it. The FeetCon :g

But what I meant with that post you quoted: they are two different platforms... Same game but on two platforms, like WipeOut on Saturn and WipeOut on PSX. They have two tables there. :)

Frances_Penfold
17th August 2009, 07:48 PM
So how exactly do the PSN versions differ from the original PS1 games?

Different speeds/framerates? Or is it just the difference of controls?

lunar
19th August 2009, 09:07 AM
There are enough differences to make it impossible to fairly compare times on PSN and original Playstation disc versions, PAL or NTSC. After playing the Playstation disc versions, one thing you notice straight away when playing the Wipeout version from the PSN store is that the big craft (Qirex and Auricom) are easier to turn and the walls don`t sem to slow you down as much when you hit. The campaign is much easier on the PSN version with a Qirex or Auricom which suggests big differences. I don`t know if there are framerate differences, but it`s very likely as all other versions have differing frame rates. We could try documenting all the differences, but I don`t think there`s much point. The PSN version is okay, but for me it`s nothing like the feeling of the original on an old playstation with a neggie. :)

Frances_Penfold
19th August 2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Lunar, that makes sense. I have spent very little time with WO on PS1 hardware so didn't notice these differences.

It's surprising to me that such big changes would have been implemented-- just seems like extra work for the porting job! Interesting. One of these days I need to pick up a PSone unit :)

Autechom
11th November 2009, 10:31 PM
I have the original PS1 WO. I am thinking about getting the PSN one. Besides a different feeling while playing..does it look better/different in a way?Thx...

lunar
12th November 2009, 07:59 AM
I think the best way to play Wipeout 1 is on a PS1/PS2 with the disc (and negcon). If you`re playing on PS3 only, then the downloadable PSN version seems to me to run with a better framerate than the disc version does on PS3, so is probably worth getting.

Lance
12th November 2009, 12:07 PM
But of course can not be used to set records for entry into the WZ times tables. :D

infoxicated
18th November 2009, 08:58 AM
Unless there's a definite demand for it - it's easy enough to add the PSN version into the records system.

Task
18th November 2009, 02:25 PM
Seeing as how there's been some discussion but no actual times entered into this thread, it seems unlikely. 8 )

I wouldn't mind trying this version out, just to see what it's like. It sounds like it might be a bit of a fun WO, but not seriously addicting or anything. "Leisure WO", yeah...