PDA

View Full Version : Team England vs Team France

OBH
24th December 2008, 06:09 PM
Think its about time we sort this one out :)

Im happy to get involved any time from the 26th onwards, but would have to be around 11am GMT for me, as im never guarenteed to claim the tv as my own in the evening :)

Any suggestions?? The eagerness is killing me over here :D

Have 1 or 2 full tournaments, have overall winners, and add all points together for team total.

Easy!

KIGO1987
25th December 2008, 12:06 AM
Will it be like the team ANZAC vs. FRA weekend, where the weekend events included Wipeout HD online as well as Wipeout Pulse online?

Will be cool to see something go up, next it can be NAWTY team to verse the FRA.

rdmx
25th December 2008, 03:44 AM
Good luck to all involved! It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. :D

kaori
25th December 2008, 09:11 AM
The better is you see your mates to be 4 players on a fixed date, and after you tell us the date.

OBH
25th December 2008, 04:51 PM
alright ill get on that :)

I dont think it would include pulse, though if I have enough players i dont see why not.

kaori
25th December 2008, 04:59 PM
I think it's better to play just one videogame.

KIGO1987
25th December 2008, 07:44 PM
From the last weekends choas in the Pulse servers it'll be very wise to just do one or the either. The only thing that keeped the Pulse sessions for imploding on themselves was 4 of the races where all in contact on messenger. That'll be a very good way to keep in LIVE contact with the other races incase someone drops out or has difficulties getting into the room.

Asayyeah
25th December 2008, 08:19 PM
Why not during the afternoon ? : sorry mate but 11 am is too early in the morning :D

RJ O'Connell
26th December 2008, 01:14 AM
Spoken like a true college student, Asa. ;)

And what was this I heard about a NAWTY vs FFF competition? :g

OBH
26th December 2008, 11:12 AM
Asayyeah: The earlier in the day i can do it, the more im guarenteed to have the tv :) whatever times earliest for you we'll go with. Though i havnt had any responce for the 28th from my team yet. i know its christmas so they might not get the message too quick.

my word, i cant believe ive nominated myself to sort this out. organisation isnt my strong point :)

Also got some recording equipment working :D:D

Asayyeah
26th December 2008, 03:25 PM
I can be ready minimum at 2pm this is my best offer, saturday evening i hope i can play my fellow North American so that means i ll stop early in the morning of sunday ... a competition against the toughest UK zoners without my mini 7 hours of sleep , it's not possible lol

KIGO1987
26th December 2008, 03:49 PM
Its should easier for you guys up there to organise a time for all, its only 1 hour appart from England to France, not like France to Australia where the time gap is 7-9, or 8-10 including daylight savings. Maybe the best time would be a late night session like 8pm ish? That could work with you guys, just before you chillout and go to sleep, maybe a Fri or Sat or even at the end of a Sun. Hold on you guys have really short days dont you? Maybe a time a tad earlier than what i suggested.

KGB
27th December 2008, 11:17 AM
Has France actually got a team for this as Asayyeah seems to be the only one posting. I think you've got them running scared Hadyn. :g

kaori
27th December 2008, 11:26 AM
We have me, leungbok, pirhapac, wotan998, expitarius, asayyeah and others... :) kingheim, AkFurtif...

KGB
27th December 2008, 11:29 AM
Excellent Kaori.
What about the fast ones, where are they? LOL

OBH
27th December 2008, 11:38 AM
That is a pretty damn strong looking team :)

Is that the actual players who have said yes, or you just stating fast players?
If so i need to get an answer back from welington today. Not that im relying on the blue and gold ship or anything :beer

kaori
27th December 2008, 12:07 PM
That is the actual team France's players, but i can add others, like AKRO2, EPSILON, GN001_Exia, Nyctalopian, Spartiate... and later Del_Stepho or HunterGreg8 (become G-Superpilot on PS3).

Hey, come back, don't be afraid :D

djKyoto
27th December 2008, 01:27 PM
Man. What is it with France and WipEout.

We need a France vs Rest of the World Tournament. :beer

KGB
27th December 2008, 02:08 PM
Ok are we planning to play tournaments with 4 players each or are we having a couple of different hosts going at the same time?

kaori
27th December 2008, 04:06 PM
One host, 4 vs 4 and several tournaments, 2 or 4, with and without weapons.

Are you ready for tomorrow? 11.00 am or 1.00 pm?

Tell us this evening, otherwise, I sleep until 2.00 pm :D

OBH
27th December 2008, 05:27 PM
Asayyeah said 2pm earlier and ive been going by that since.

I wasnt going to do any races without weapons. My plan was literally 2 tournaments at 2m which ill be hosting a FRINEDS ONLY ROOM, so add me if needs be, and afterwards total score the event for each of the 8 players, and total england vs france. (if anyone else does that too incase i make a mistake it would be much obliged :))

Well, as long as you dont mind squeezing just 4 of you french guys into that format first before i have to go out. You can have whatever format you chose afterwards :D:beer

Edit:
Alright we definitly wont have more than 4 players. Ill be on about 1.45pm tomorrow, add me if you need to :)

If theres more people interested we can arrange a more structured bigger session... 2 days notice is a little short :)

kaori
27th December 2008, 05:49 PM
Ok, it's not a problem, I talk too much :D, 2 tournaments with weapons at 2.00 pm (3.00 pm in France), 4 vs 4.

KIGO1987
27th December 2008, 06:33 PM
And what was this I heard about a NAWTY vs FFF competition? :g

Came to mind. Good idea hey.

I hope the GB vs FRA tournaments will be recorded as well by someone, so dont forget to get the system ready to record:D

kaori
27th December 2008, 09:28 PM
leungbok will try to record this meeting.
The team France for tomorrow :
Asayyeah, Wotan998, leungbok and kaori714 (me), maybe pirhapac

Good Luck, I had an overview tonight with Greenix and andybob35.

djKyoto
28th December 2008, 07:45 AM
If the UK team is short a player I can probably lend a hand. :)

stin
28th December 2008, 10:08 AM
But it`s marked England and I`m scottish, which you could change to UK or Europe against the mighty France.:banzai But it`s your choice.

I would not mind to participate.

stevie:)

Hellfire_WZ
28th December 2008, 10:17 AM
Can't make this one, not around this afternoon

KGB
28th December 2008, 10:31 AM
The team for England as far as i know is Wellington, Hadyn, Greenix and Andybob.
I wish i could be a spectator it's going to be a humdinger, might get in on the action if any one drops out.

OBH
28th December 2008, 11:34 AM
lets keep this as legitimate as possible. dont want to give anyone excuses cos we had a non english pilot :)

well with less than an hour to go my house was invaded by children and i was demoted to a tv where i cannot read the numbers on the score table :)

sorry had to leave so quick. I think with wellington and greenix finishing 1st/2nd twice over it must be englands :)

that was easily the most nuts tourny ive ever been in. a stinking hangover, dodgy pad, no sleep, and a dier tv are my excuses this time :) but that was some real sick racing guys - totally unsportsman like! - but awesome stuff.

gotta do it again soon.

kaori
28th December 2008, 03:08 PM
Team England win by 255 points to 209 points for Team France. (127-105 on normal tracks and 128-104 on reverse tracks)
Wellington and Greenix are the great pilots of this meeting, they each won one tournament with a very big gap.
The first race was too hard for us, the 4 english took the 4 first ranks!

http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/12/06/70/68/sans_t10.png (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=81&u=12067068)

Team France is preparing her revenge.

Hellfire_WZ
28th December 2008, 04:16 PM
Well done lads, good first outing :D

andybob35
28th December 2008, 04:57 PM
congrats to all for taking part, especially welly and greenix who won respectively! :lol

Seriously insane tournment, with no room for error! thxs guys and haydn for Volunteering to set ip up :+

KIGO1987
28th December 2008, 07:09 PM
Damn! You Frogs got owned bad:lol Even with a powerful fleet of rice burners.

You can use the exuse that you where still fatigued from the previous weekends tournaments againest team ANZAC:banzai Kaori and Leungbok participating in HD AND Pulse last week for two days straight! It was a marathon by itself. Then to do it the following weekend, thats great determination!

I remember last weekends tournaments there where 6 AG-SYS and 2 EG-Xs. Its good to see the Maylan ship and the Euro ship been put into the mixes along with the rest of the AG-SYS rice burning fleet in this round of tournaments.

Looking forward to see the video uploaded on YouTube, thats if any have been recorded:g

Just curious it was just England in those races no Welsh or Scotish players. Would of been cool to see if Stin and RR are included. Maybe "United Kindom vs. FFF" next time, expand the field, or even better tighten the field for Scotland vs. England, that one would be great to watch:D

Greenix
28th December 2008, 07:13 PM
wow, what an hour :) Well done everyone, that's gotta be the hardest, craziest and fastest bunch of races i've had during the christmas period. Great fun for everyone i'm sure. Gleaming talent in that hour, was unbelieveable how fast positions changed and racers who got eliminated still made a good top place. Grats for the second tourny win Welly! Well done to the rest of Team England and well done to Team France for the hardest competition we could possibly have! :D I look forward to the next meeting when you can get your revenge....

kanar
28th December 2008, 09:37 PM
congratulation to everyone involved. Hope to see the videos soon!

:evil:evil ok. Well,

First : can't wait for the revenge, hope -to be qualified in the national team- & to have time to play this awesome game.

Second : to ALL the UK guys : you should prepare yourself for a special treatment @ avalon.

cnmth
28th December 2008, 09:37 PM
Sounded like a really cool tourney here!

Well done both teams, i expected france to win but england won! gratz.
Must have been a hell of a fight :D
Its cool to see some nations battles here with wipeout hd ; )

bring it on! :pc

RJ O'Connell
28th December 2008, 09:39 PM
Pretty soon we're going to need to have a Wipeout World Cup...:g Just, nobody headbutt their opponents in the chest.

djKyoto
28th December 2008, 10:18 PM
Wow, I'm supurised, Good work England.

So with the poms on top, time for a England vs Rest of the World Touranment?

OBH
28th December 2008, 11:33 PM
thats a quality idea :):beer

gutted i couldnt record it today. sorry lads.

Mad-Ice
29th December 2008, 08:03 AM
Big congrats to team England and especially Wellington86. Super fast and tough tourney it was, I am sure!!

leungbok
29th December 2008, 10:24 AM
Here's the first videos of the match against the brits :
(i'll edit the post with the 3 other links)

http://files.filefront.com/MOV03DMOD/;12803380;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/MOV03EMOD/;12804330;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/MOV03FMOD/;12805410;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/MOV040MOD/;12806494;/fileinfo.html

OBH
29th December 2008, 11:43 AM
738mb? how many races is that?

rdmx
29th December 2008, 11:50 AM
Leungbok's camera has dodgy compression - there are only 4 races are in each video. Maybe leungbok should try and put them through divx before uploading?

leungbok
29th December 2008, 12:46 PM
I selected ultrafine mode to compensate my ugly tv render. But i'll try to record the next races with normal quality. Sorry, my camera is my xmas present and i only have it since 3 weeks.:paperbag , so i have to learn more about its functions. ;) I'll also try to directly upload on youtube

eLhabib
29th December 2008, 12:53 PM
... my camera is my xmas present and i only have it since 3 weeks ...

Something wrong with my math here? ;)

leungbok
29th December 2008, 01:09 PM
lol, your counting is correct, i was a little in advance on this one ;)

Wellington86
29th December 2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks everyone, and well played to all who raced. Hopefully we can do this again soon, or if another team wants to race us I'm sure TE will be happy to oblige ;).

@Kanar, we're ready for whatever you can throw at us at Avalon! :P

chboing
30th December 2008, 01:19 PM
leungbok, i bet your cam is a Lumix, and i bet you dont know the wonderfull soft called "SUPER"
this will permit to re-encode your ".mov" movies into xvid, and they'll be really lighter

http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche19891-super.html

you should try several settings, and if you got problems to sync sound with video, then i'll find my old settings back, and give them to you

kaori
2nd January 2009, 10:54 AM
Are you open for the revenge tomorrow 8.00 pm or 9.00 pm (in england).
Same rules that last time. Two tournaments, 8 races each, first normal, second reverse.
Hosting by leungbok.

Our team : kingheim, leungbok, pirhapac, kaori714 or Asayyeah.

OBH
2nd January 2009, 11:02 AM
good looking team :)

I should be able to. Might not be able to record any matches at that time, but yeah sure.

Heres to hoping the french will be licking their wounds again :beer and to hoping england land 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th again in the opening race again!! :D

will be awesome. last time was sheer carnage.

Should we have some overall tally??? Id love to see a total socre for england, france, australia, and anyone else who wants to get involved.

pirahpac
2nd January 2009, 02:15 PM
why only weapons vs england and 50%avalon 50%weapons vs anzac?i dont think u need only weapons for win?right?

OBH
2nd January 2009, 03:13 PM
I thought id stick to what wipeout is - AG racing, with nuts weapons. There was never any intention to mimic avalon.

Though if its what everyone else wants of course id do it!!... though i have to say the last tourny was 16 of the craziest races ive ever seen. (plus who choses what tracks have no wepons?? Vineta K rev would hugely favour speed, where as if i had to drag a pirahna around sol 2 with no weapons id be buggered. This way we get the same rules for each 16 tracks and see who wins)

It was quality.

.......... though having re read your message.... you guys dont need wepons off for a win right? :)

andybob35
2nd January 2009, 03:52 PM
I should be good for 8pm GMT, all set for 16 race tourney (with/without weapons, no odds to me!)

@ haydn: who's our team then?. bit short notice! pretty sure greenix will be up 4 it!

kaori
2nd January 2009, 04:07 PM
why only weapons vs england and 50%avalon 50%weapons vs anzac?i dont think u need only weapons for win?right?
It's the revenge, we have to keep the same rules, we don't seek excuse!

Hellfire_WZ
2nd January 2009, 04:28 PM
Count me in, I want a piece of it this time ;)

OBH
2nd January 2009, 05:54 PM
good answer kaori :) we'll no doubt get to things your way in the future :beer

@ andy
keep checking the social group. lineup can get sorted there, and save here for the banter ;):beer

Greenix
2nd January 2009, 07:01 PM
Last one to splat a frog is rotten PA user ;)

pirahpac
2nd January 2009, 08:49 PM
lol that s very funny: u want use only weapon for a tournament..but u play just 2 players and no hit the other player ..for get world records ..i understand(top ten sl or tt to hard for u greenix?) ..its more easy ..lol..and lol u say frog? by a "rosbeef "thats again funny

Greenix
2nd January 2009, 11:58 PM
Pirhapac, that is bold talk indeed. Do you usually contact pilots on PSN to tell them how small and pathetic they are? Is top 10 to hard for me on SL or TT? Well i've never tried properly because racing with online pilots has more of an appeal to me.

Upon inspection of the leaderboard, it's fairly clear you spend a lot of time on Single Player races. Indeed you have some impressive times, but Is this because theres no opponents? Multiplayer is easy is it? Surviving racers such as wellington, froste and elhabib (and countless others) and then managing to get a good score is easy?

I hope all these no-opponent races haven't softened you up. I'll ask Welly and the team to go easy on you if you want ;)

ps. what is 'rosbeef'?

pirahpac
3rd January 2009, 12:13 AM
i did single races record cuz nobody want that..so i did that for fun(one or 2 try for get Xd)....and they arent impressives lol..if u want single race( i saw ur name behind me)take that..and for record online i do 10%single race and 90%tournament (so no record..)now i stop to up my sl or tt or others cuz i think that game dont need this..when i see my fukin bad tt sebenco ..1st..i understand now online multiplayer recor are more importants....

TheFrostE
3rd January 2009, 03:27 AM
i have no clue whats going on here but i just said "rosbeef" out loud and it made me laugh. is it like "roast beef" ....either way, mmmmmmm delicious.

OBH
3rd January 2009, 10:49 AM
i wouldnt say it was more important... just more interesting... i like scouting for good players :beer

edit:
back on topic, the england roster is looking like itll be - amorbis, hellfire, wellington, and myself... with greenix ready to take anyones place :)

and the french - kingheim, leungbok,pirhapac, kaori or asayyeah.

thisll be crazy :)

OBH
3rd January 2009, 09:14 PM
ive just got back from having sorted an emergency. no scores here, so no idea if you got to race.

sorry for not being about.

Greenix
4th January 2009, 12:02 AM
well despite the unfortunate mishaps a 3v3 was done in the end. I only raced in the second tournament so I dont know what the first was like but the second was a lot closer then the last meeting. From what I remember the points were very, VERY, close. Kingheim was near impossible to keep ahead of/catch up with and Kaori and Leungbok showed no mercy if you had the misfortune to race near them.
Well done to all and if the French didn't get their revenge I'm pretty sure you were damn close to doing so. :+ Just have to wait and see what the scores were.

Hellfire_WZ
4th January 2009, 12:06 AM
Message to all: If you took part tonight, please send your scores to Leungbok so he can assemble the final standings table.

Wellington86
4th January 2009, 03:15 AM
Apologies to Team France for the disorganisation of our team this evening. I know Asayyeah got annoyed with it and I doubt he was the only one! As I've said to a couple of you we need to do it again properly, with a full 4v4 and with the same players in the two tournaments.

Anyway, well-played to all and despite the troubles I look forward to seeing the tallies.

leungbok
4th January 2009, 06:08 AM
ive just got back from having sorted an emergency. no scores here, so no idea if you got to race.

sorry for not being about.
The famous "saint's row"'s emergency ;)

OBH
4th January 2009, 11:31 AM
the ps3 was on, but i wasnt playing it... havnt had chance to check ps3 msgs.. sorry again

Greenix
4th January 2009, 02:23 PM
Apologies to Team France........
As I've said to a couple of you we need to do it again properly, with a full 4v4 and with the same players in the two tournaments.

Fully agree, maybe with more time to get everything together properly so this doesn't happen again :(

leungbok
4th January 2009, 09:33 PM
Here some links to download the videos where the rosbeefs kix the a$$ of the frogs ;)

http://files.filefront.com/MOV04FMOD/;12865319;/fileinfo.html forward tournament first part

http://files.filefront.com/MOV050MOD/;12866729;/fileinfo.html forward tournament 2nd part

http://files.filefront.com/MOV051MOD/;12869843;/fileinfo.html reverse tournament first part

http://files.filefront.com/MOV052MOD/;12881981;/fileinfo.html reverse tournament 2nd part

Greenix
4th January 2009, 09:55 PM
if you said rosbeefs vs frogs to anyone who doesn't play wipeout you'd get a very odd look :lol
cheers for the vids again - slightly smaller then last time, file size wise.. (well at least reverse tournament part 1 is - first one im dl'ing).

KGB
4th January 2009, 10:08 PM
Are there any final scores on the doors going up, or has it been declared null and void?

leungbok
4th January 2009, 10:43 PM
kaori (when i will find time to give him everybody's rankings, lol) will make a nice panel with the scores ;)

OBH
5th January 2009, 10:44 PM
someones clearly not happy. bad repped me for this thread.:turd

leungbok
6th January 2009, 01:53 AM
I had just sent a pm to kaori with the ranking and the points of all the pilots of the first tournament (thanks to hellfire and wellington for sending their scores, i had also my videos to help for the other's).
Hope kaori will have time to make a clear panel like the last time.
But in case : England won the revenge (so it's not a revenge, lol) by 122 to 102 in the forward tournament.
Who's not happy ?:frown: for that i know everybody enjoyed this thread and the event, it was great racing with great pilots.

OBH
6th January 2009, 10:51 AM
Who's not happy ?:frown: for that i know everybody enjoyed this thread and the event, it was great racing with great pilots.
no idea. doesnt say. but they didnt like me mentioning it cos they did it again :banzai

KGB
6th January 2009, 12:51 PM
The list of who that may be could be endless Hadyn. :lol

EDIT: Leungbok my friend, what do you use to view these files? I've tried Real player,WMP and VLC none of them will play. As far as i know i have all Codecs installed that i could possibly need. :?

EDIT: sorry, sorted it out.

Greenix
6th January 2009, 05:04 PM
Well i've had a lot of fun, and as you said, i can't really think of anyone who didnt. But if its because of the bad english organisation then its understandable :(
On a lighter note, Well done everyone :+

kaori
6th January 2009, 08:04 PM
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/12/06/70/68/sans_t11.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=83&u=12067068)

Amorbis
6th January 2009, 09:07 PM
I certainly had fun in the tournament despite the mess up on our side. I apologise to team France for not being able to attend the second tournament and hope it didn't cause too much damage ;)

Commiserations to team France, you put up such a fierce fight. I'd love to race again!

Hellfire_WZ
6th January 2009, 11:13 PM
Yep, looking forward to the next one already. Thanks for taking part guys, was great to race with you :)