PDA

View Full Version : Rammin online?

H3avyM3tal
18th December 2008, 09:15 AM
What do you all think about this?

I never actually rammed anyone on purpose, and I think this is because I come from games like GT, where is it important to drive as clean as possible.

However;

When it comes to WO, it is a different story altogether.
In a game that has weapons so you can destroy other players, I think that ramming is a weapon on all itself. Look at games like Burnout: You drive to pass the finish line 1st, but your objective is to also get there by all means necessary. So why should it not be applied in WO aswell?

Ofcourse, events that players set up by themsleves are an exception, like Avalon. But online races, especially with weapons should, in my opinion, allow ramming. Only as a weapon though, since there are a-holes that use everything as an excuse to make others lives miserable.

The real point I am trying to make here is this: Why when someone rams you in WO, (a game with a different set of rules) accidentally or not, you (as in many many of us) act as if you are a defenseless lad, just cruising in your craft - in the middle of an extremely high speed weapons and explosions filled track?

Why not make races where ramming is acceptable? Ramming is a weapon like every other, when used correctly.

Edit: Sorry for any incorrect spelling, I type fast and miss some letters, and English is not my native tongue.

Hellfire_WZ
18th December 2008, 09:29 AM
I usually ram people, but then again I pilot a concrete elephant so it's more out of necessity rather than choice ;)

eLhabib
18th December 2008, 10:15 AM
There already is a thread for this. Check it out! (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5327&highlight=racing+etiquette)

H3avyM3tal
18th December 2008, 11:08 AM
As that thread is quite old already, and this is newer and not about racing etiquette but on the ramming as an issue in racing, I think we can discuss this here, no?

eLhabib
18th December 2008, 11:45 AM
You didn't read a whole lot of the 'old' thread then... 1st: it's not old (2 months), and 2nd: it actually mostly revolves around ramming and online behaviour , so you might find a lot of answers to your question there.

H3avyM3tal
18th December 2008, 12:13 PM
Somehow I saw 2006 in there :/ Sorry, lock and delete than :)