PDA

View Full Version : do record tables update themselves?

OBH
9th December 2008, 06:21 PM
Seeing as I've met some real fast pilots here, i thought id try my hand at some pulse racing. :)

After a few sessions this morning I got a 22.12 on talon junction white, but now hours later the time still isnt recorded.

am i missing something? cheers for any clarification guys :)

kanar
9th December 2008, 06:34 PM
lol haydn, I'm sure you'll see your time tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow. This isn't as fast as wipeout hd.

Darkdrium777
9th December 2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah, it takes a while though... It can be long, and even when you are in fact able to see your new record, well sometimes it craps out and reverts to the old table...
It's not WipEout HD, as kanar said ;)

OBH
11th December 2008, 11:54 AM
you werent lying on just how long it takes!! i really want to see my 21.93 talon reverse time..... and the only harimau logo in sight :)

Dusk118
12th December 2008, 09:24 PM
On the topic of records, I made a record of 31.11 on The Amphiseum White resulting in a world record, as it tops Albino Ace's time of 31.25. However, it won't appear on the tables until I find a WiFi Hotspot.

kaori
14th December 2008, 01:25 PM
Friday I sent my profile on wipeout-game, and saturday, my records are viewed.
I sent too some ghosts, you should try.
On SL Phantom Metropia White, I don't see my ship... poor Mirage...

OBH
5th January 2009, 09:13 AM
Just for the record my scores still arent there. Any ideas why?
got an EGX in top 3 SL a few times.

(on a slightly different note... orcus or whatever its called is the stupidest track design ever)

TheFrostE
6th January 2009, 12:25 AM
hey!...i liked orcus, AND edgewinter is pure sweetness too. i should hop back on pulse and see whats up sometime :D

OBH
21st January 2009, 05:51 PM
seriously why are my times not appearing??

i lent my psp to my little brother, hes added his psn, and even managed to bust out a better moa therma time than me. his arent appearing either.

ive got the original 1000 something model if that means anything.

Darkdrium777
21st January 2009, 06:29 PM
Wait. You are actually uploading your profile to the server, aren't you?
These don't just synch automatically like WipEout HD, you actually have to select the 'WipEoutGame.com' option, select your language, go to login, then profile and upload your profile there (Allow Javascript).

OBH
21st January 2009, 06:51 PM
Ive accessed and logged into wipeout-game.com throught pulse itself (to dl skins etc) clicked leaderboards and all that.

Unless theres an actual "upload your best times" button that im missing.

if theres something obvious staring me in the face ill feel so stupid :):(

Luxoflux
21st January 2009, 08:50 PM
Hmmm, you could be missing the "upload your profile" button ;)

Darkdrium777
21st January 2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah, you're missing it. :g

On the game's main menu, go to "Wipeout-Game.com"
Connect to your access point.
Select the language.
Go to the "Log-In tab" on the far right. Click "Yes" on the pop-up window. Click "Yes" on the second pop-up window.
Sign in to the PlayStation Network using your e-mail ID and password. Click "Yes" on the pop-up window. Click "Yes" on the second pop-up window.
You should be on the "My Account" tab. Notice the blue bar under all the tabs, there is an "Upload profile" button there, click on it. Click "Yes" on the pop-up window.
Click on "Start profile upload", and wait for it to complete.
Close the internet browser (O button) when the upload has completed (No loading circle in the bottom right corner of the screen) to return to the game.

Asayyeah
22nd January 2009, 02:09 PM
At home i was unable to update my scores : while clicking on the wipeout-game.com option from the game i simply go immediately back to the menu after a nano sec ...
Kaori uploaded my profile at Kanar's place when we met 2 weeks ago : it seemed to work ( profile updated successfully has being displayed on the screen) but ...still ...no changment at all... no scores update ....nothing.

That's just too bad and sucks big time ( ermm not big time cause i really don't enjoy pulse anymore preferring Pure by far)

master bruce
22nd January 2009, 09:35 PM
That's just too bad and sucks big time ( ermm not big time cause i really don't enjoy pulse anymore preferring Pure by far)

oh sweet...another veteran who returned to Pure from Pulse. May I ask you why you prefer Pure over Pulse?

Asayyeah
23rd January 2009, 09:34 AM
Actually there's several points :
- i prefer the physics of the ships, ships are heavier but gameplay is just feel right for me , more of a simulation than 'arcadey' pulse.
- less visible bugs ( after Wipeout fusion it's the most buggy wipeout game ( pulse))
- DL tracks which completely ruined my uploaded profile through the wipeout-game.com ( see my previous post)
- better track design, much more brighter tracks than pulse ( try to play pulse on a sunny afternoon : 80% of the tracks are unplayable )

Darkdrium777
23rd January 2009, 01:46 PM
try to play pulse on a sunny afternoon : 80% of the tracks are unplayableHmm that depends on the PSP I guess. If you're using a PSP-1000 all games are unplayable on a sunny afternoon in direct sunlight, no matter what you do. PSP-2000 and 3000 I believe fare better in direct sunlight, but it still isn't game dependent IMHO. If you have a really strong light, you won't be able to play.
I agree Pulse is darker than Pure, but I find it contradictory since there's no problem with 2097/XL's unlit tunnel sections is there? :/ Maybe I'm missing something, but you have to learn these dark turns by heart so you can manage them, otherwise you'll end up crashing... It's weird criticizing a game because it's dark, when everyone's favourite is even darker at some points...
80% is an overstatement. I almost never play with brightness 3 or 4 (CFW only, this is the brightness when you plug in the AC adaptor), mostly 1 and 2, in the bus, near a window, and I have no problems with Pulse, Pure or any other game... Generally. When there's a big sunlight I listen to music instead, cause no games work. I can understand that Pulse is not 2097/XL, but please, let's be realist here. Pulse is still an amazing game.

For the record, brighter tracks in Pulse are:
Platinum Rush, Moa Therma, Talon's Junction, Tech de Ra, de Konstruct, Fort Gale and Outpost 7. Times 2, that's 14 tracks. There are 24 tracks total in Pulse (No DLC, which doesn't exist anyways).

If I had to criticize Pulse, I'd start somewhere else before saying it's not bright enough. Cheats, bugs, DLC, for example.

lunar
23rd January 2009, 02:49 PM
leaving aside the point about whether it`s possible to play in sunlight (an inherent PSP flaw I think), I agree with Arnaud`s impression about Pulse tracks being too dark, in the sense that there is not enough variation in scene or lighting between the tracks. But this is more a matter of overall impression and as you point out, Xavier, the stats maybe do not support the overall impression ;) I agree with Arnaud`s other reasons why he prefers Pure, and think these are more important. These are a few of my reasons: I like the heavier, fuzzier handling of Pure, it`s just more to my taste like the handling of WO1. I think the track layouts are more imaginative and exciting in Pure, and there is more imagination and fun in the environments. Pulse had a lot of disapointments with the big list of bugs, controversies over various matters, the DLC release (or non-release) process going badly, and online play and the wipeout-game site being half broken much of the time. I like that Pure is more balanced regarding Barrel Rolls, both in terms of there being less opportunities and the energy management forcing you to be more tactical. But then what I see as good points others surely see as bad points! So it`s all a matter of taste. :)

Darkdrium777
23rd January 2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I agree, Pure had much more interesting visuals, various environments and colour schemes. It was brighter, but Pulse isn't very very dark either (Compared to say Gare D'Europa). And compared to other PSP games too.
All the other points I can agree with though.

master bruce
24th January 2009, 12:52 AM
for me, the levels in Pure are so much better than Pulse

mind you, Pulse was my first Wipeout game ever. I played it alot and after I got most of the gold medals, I sold the game because I always got severe eye cramps from playing the game too long.

One day, I got the itch to play some more wipeout and purchased Pure online. And wow...it was such a fresh breath of new air. The levels were bright and fun (whereas the levels in Pulse were dark and industrial...nothing wrong with that, but Pure had much more variety). The first time I played Sol 2, I was WOWed. No level made me drop my draw in Pulse.

And finally, for Pure, I downloaded the levels, the Classic pack, the delta pack, the gamma pack, and the Omega Pack. There were so much variety...all for free!

Also, I noticed that the levels in Pure generally have more wider straighter feel, which allows you to drive faster!