PDA

View Full Version : avalon/MAGEC : Jan. 09/10/11 Featuring Asayyeah & kaori

kanar
5th December 2008, 09:34 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2hnqa80.jpg (nice logo by Insertcoin!)

THEATRICAL TRAILERS:paperbag: (direct filefront links to video streaming)
Pure (http://files.filefront.com/avalonMagec1AVI/;12625194;/fileinfo.html) -- Rock (http://files.filefront.com/avalonMagec2AVI/;12625226;/fileinfo.html) -- Magec (http://files.filefront.com/avalonMagec3AVI/;12625254;/fileinfo.html) -- RacingToDeath (http://files.filefront.com/AvalonMagec4AVI/;12625288;/fileinfo.html) -- Trance (http://files.filefront.com/avalonMagec5AVI/;12625318;/fileinfo.html) -- Intergalactic (http://files.filefront.com/avalonMagec6AVI/;12625413;/fileinfo.html) -- AirForce1 (http://files.filefront.com/airstrike1AVI/;12891605;/fileinfo.html) -- Airforce2 (http://files.filefront.com/airstrike2AVI/;12891672;/fileinfo.html)
Asayyeah & Kaori will be there with me guys!!!:rock This time we'll break through ALL timezones!!!
NEW!!! :
-AVALON TV: Some of the races here will be recorded. But, PLEASE record your OWN point of view!!!
-LET'S BE FRIENDS! :guitar: Meet us at the club house :beer(Wipeout Zone) on playstation Home, before each sessions.

Estimated host schedule (no filter, EUR ZONE, GMT) :coffee:
friday : 16H00 TO 06H00
Saturday : 10H00 TO 06H00 (Kaori arrival scheduled for 12h00)
Sunday : 10H00 TO 18H00
--->HOST ASAYYEAH aka "Dark chocolate" : 3 races per track, only the third without guns.
--->HOST KANAR aka "White chocolate" : 3 races per track, only the third with guns.
--->HOST KAORI (from Saturday to Sunday) aka "Hero" : Whatever he wants, PSP, PS3...

Direct feed/chatbox :
http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net/ (arena chatbox if you're logged)
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4 (avalon racing league)

current times (no-guns):robot:
vineta k : Kingheim 1.43.94
anulpha : Wellington86 1.52.97
moa : Wellington86 2.01.16
shenghou : Wellington86 2.05.50
metropia : Wellington86 1.47.44
sebenco : djKyoto 2.00.87
ubermall : Kingheim 1.51.61
sol2 : Wellington86 1.44.22
REVERSE
vineta k : Wellington86 1.41.68
anulpha : Pirhapac 1.53.98
moa : Luxoflux 2.01.44
shenghou : Wellington86 1.58.78
metropia : Wellington86 1.47.61
sebenco : djKyoto 1.59.79
ubermall : Wotan 1.51.18
sol2 : Wellington86 1.46.28

Overall Mvp :mr-t: Wellington86
MAGEC ACADEMY : DjKyoto, Wotan, Haydn, TheFrostE, Greenix, Luxoflux, Kingheim, Amorbis, Kigo1987, DJmaniac, Xtriko, Leungbok, Pirhapac, KGB1971 & his son, Danterich, emwu23, Lunar, G-Superpilot, Alteregorr, trentdf, acrooklyn, Connavar, Daguet_Rapide, Evolite, SaturnReturn, WzFro, Asayyeah, Kaori, Xtriko, Expitarius, JJPAP, trentdf, AKRO2, the4th, Tordmulen, GTP_Rorschach, Darkdrium777, ITOSIKI, klocki_LEGO, spoon56, dobyblue, Zoth-Ommog, TIXU7, AVENGER2197, Tomeru, Andybob35, hn9354, Petit__Princep, Luxoflux, Hunk83, blackwiggle, il_Nik, chboing, stin, yeldar2097, Expitarius...

Please Pm me for omissions/errors

Asayyeah
5th December 2008, 09:55 AM
Thx to make it happends by inviting me there : you rock Olivier,and that's gonna be a freakin awesome weekend i can tell ya !

djKyoto
5th December 2008, 11:00 AM
Awesome, I should get more time in this time.

I have to try and keep a certain feisar ship behind me. :beer

Mad-Ice
5th December 2008, 04:47 PM
Already looking forward to this! I will be there with my handycam in one hand and my controller in the other, so if I suck I will have an excuse, lol!

Figlarz
6th December 2008, 02:42 PM
I've already sent a message to kanar. But I'll write it here too. Unfortunately I won't be able to play. My academy takes my time. You know, have to "work" these days. And my parents have birthday on wednesday. Maybe next time :)

il_NIK
7th December 2008, 08:18 AM
I'll be THERE! Obviously...

I've to protect my Sol2 racetime :banzai

rdmx
8th December 2008, 01:16 AM
Again, I'll try and peel myself out of bed (didn't make it last time) but I'll have to look at the times that the games are going to be up.

And if I CAN make it, I'll try and film it.

kanar
10th December 2008, 09:21 AM
Again, thanks a lot for your support & feedbacks guys, it's going to be a HUGE wipeout party week-end... Insertcoin I'm sure we won't sleep at all -at least one night-, & if we're more than 2 (I'm waiting for confirmations from kaori, Leungbok & Pirhapac) we will put in place some kind of Host turnover :banzai. I won't be often online this month, I need so much more training, the speed lap war became really intense now. My a** is about to be kicked everywhere lol

JABBERJAW
10th December 2008, 01:27 PM
It's too bad that it cannot be a TT race like in Pure, so you get one turbo, that would make it a little more fun racing without weapons. Maybe we can push for that

eLhabib
10th December 2008, 01:31 PM
I second that. Also an option to turn ship collision off would be nice.

OBH
11th December 2008, 11:57 AM
i like that idea :) tied in with no ship collision that would be great fun.

all you guys in one place, no weapons, and one speed boost per lap.... youll get ships flying all over the place!

kanar
12th December 2008, 10:24 AM
yes it would be great to have 1 turbo per lap, & ship collisions off (I can try the korean online universe again lol : collisions off due to lag). I think no-gun races could be technically improved for sure, but we have already -my opinion- something huge in our hands, I mean I experienced great moments online (with or without guns), my best online gaming experience so far. I hope to share that again with Asayyeah this time, I'm sure to learn a LOT! I was wondering about a no-gun host (me) & a gun host (asa). We'll see.

I've made 6 new crappy teasers (first page updated), I know, I don't know when to stop lol...

TheFrostE
16th December 2008, 07:46 PM
the one turbo per lap is an awsome idea. but ship collision should stay, as much as i dislike it. you might as well race offline by yourself then . its more realistic with it on as well....( as realistic as WO can be hahaha)

Count me in for the event kanar. hopefully have a pre-game meeting in the psn home clubhouse like we talked about.

kanar
16th December 2008, 08:40 PM
Glad to know you'll be there mate! I've edited the 1st post, so like FrostE said, we'll try to have a drink together at the club house (on playstation home), before each sessions.

emwu23
17th December 2008, 03:23 AM
Kanar dear mate! Ive just checked my work shift roster for 2009 and all that weekend I have of.
I will be there as well for sure.:hyper

kanar
17th December 2008, 10:14 AM
that's fantastic, emwu! prepare to :beer the whole week-end lol!

H3avyM3tal
17th December 2008, 01:17 PM
I hope I can make it!!!

You have a great community here, and these kind of events are awesome. I hope I can make it, probably will for the first two days, not sure about the third...
But I hope to meet you all and race with you (will have to get HOME running, been giving me a damned error each time...).

Good luck to whoever will be racing!

RJ O'Connell
18th December 2008, 03:56 PM
I'll be there to not break any records and finish towards the rear, as I did in the Pulse league ;)

kanar
25th December 2008, 07:29 AM
thanks for your support guys! Can't wait for this hardcore week-end lol. I added in the 1st post this beautiful avalon logo Insertcoin made for christmas!

Asayyeah
25th December 2008, 06:43 PM
Amazing Avalon logo from Ben ! Respect :clap

kanar
26th December 2008, 03:03 PM
Asa, I noticed what you said in the no-gun thread. I've edited the 1st post, let me know if you're ok with your "dark chocolate host stuff" (quoting Kigo lol)

Asayyeah
26th December 2008, 03:33 PM
Perfect :) i like ' dark chocolate'
yummie yummie :hyper

go for the 3 :rock

KIGO1987
26th December 2008, 04:02 PM
Ive got some real nice Lint Chocolate for Chrissy, didnt melt this year in the heat. Also got given white chocolate with coconut and dark black chocolate, yuck! The lint chocolate was good, but that other white coconut and dark chocolate wasnt, just wrong.

I can send it over to France if you want it Arnaud? Its proper belgium chocolate not the **** stuff.

Asayyeah
26th December 2008, 04:18 PM
Send it to me please till it's not Holland chocolate which tasting sometimes ...huh... let's say ... weird ...
:g

kanar
4th January 2009, 09:34 AM
-5 days...:cold... I feel now the pressure lol. I grabbed a Futon from my mother-in-law's place (my secret base is technically well equipped but... small!). I'm sure we won't sleep a lot, but just in case... Thank you so much Arnaud & Jonathan, my dream is about to become reality : sharing this wipeout passion with you a whole week-end! We'll do all we can to focus to online, headsets on. I hope SpaceboyGajo, Task & Mike will be able to organize something with us too: that would be even more awesome. So rendez-vous at the wipeout club house (home) friday, for the countdown to Armageddon...

KIGO1987
4th January 2009, 07:16 PM
Send it to me please till it's not Holland chocolate which tasting sometimes ...huh... let's say ... weird ...
:g

Hahaha, lol. I have no idea why i didnt look back onto this thread untill now:g Well ive left it a bit late, the Lint gone, Bacci gone too, but suprisingly there is still a good two thirds of the fking huge Toblerone i got (you do get those triangular shaped prism chocolate bar in France). BTW post office only reopen today so i wouldnt be able to send anything til now, which is a bit late. So this Weed chocolate from Holand? Does Mad Ice bring it to the Euro-Wipeout conventions, and distributes it in small gift packages to all the participants who attend, lol. Sounds great, i might catch a flight over there, lol.

Back on Topic. Ill shows up on a random moment during the Avalon series, like i usually do. Always looking forward to these Avalon events, all the best pilots in one mix:g

RJ O'Connell
4th January 2009, 11:39 PM
The best pilots, and then me, the designated Avalon backmarker :g

kanar
5th January 2009, 07:51 PM
lol RJ, practice...:pc...practice...:robot, practice...:cold damn my hands that hurts, I'll probably take the safety car/Icaras ship lol

EDIT : first post edited, added Kaori host description -lol-, and changed a little the schedule for friday (what about some extra afternoon sessions?:robot)

ooh by the way, I was just thinking? Perhaps we'll have the privilege this time to host a little the only man on earth who got the ag-assassin trophy in a legit way, mister Rapier Racer lol. Asa will host 2 gun races in a row.

Mu5
7th January 2009, 12:56 AM
I would like to participate in this weekends racing - is this not possible if I am not logged into the WipeoutZone Club in home? :(

djKyoto
7th January 2009, 02:39 AM
I should get a bit more in this time than last time. :)

blackwiggle
7th January 2009, 03:05 AM
Mu5.....I think you still can't launch WOHD from HOME yet.

Best bet would to make sure your on KANAR friends list,as I'm assuming the friends filter will be applied for the AVALON meet,well that's usually the case otherwise randoms just drop in.

I'll be keeping R J O'Connell company at the rear of the field :P

Mu5
7th January 2009, 03:37 AM
Sweet mate :)

Ive got Asa on my friends list - I will send a friend request to Kanar today. Thanks for the info.

kanar
7th January 2009, 05:58 AM
Mu5, we probably won't put any filters, so you could join when you want. The home club house is just our first rendez-vous point. oooops, -2:cold, f**k I'm REALLY not trained enough!
ExclusiveNewTeaser1 (http://files.filefront.com/airstrike1AVI/;12891605;/fileinfo.html)
ExclusiveNewTeaser2 (http://files.filefront.com/airstrike2AVI/;12891672;/fileinfo.html)

Nadia Elenova
7th January 2009, 02:40 PM
I need my PS3 back to join you guys, it's in the hands of my evil brother. I'm planning the rescue right now so I could participate in this Avalon session. Wish me luck! :banzai

trentdf
7th January 2009, 09:22 PM
good luck!

im actually considering moving the PS3 to the "other " TV, with (shudder) standard def, so i can actually play for more than an hour.

it's true what they say, once you go HD, you never go back:P

JJPAP
8th January 2009, 10:32 AM
For Kanar:
I guess you´re quite busy preparing for tomorrow, so I´m sorry to inform you (and all those looking forward to the event), that several of the tracks, that are going to be used for this weekend´s Avalon was severely damaged last night.
Feisar31, Judus, Danterich, Cerium, Chouyou00, cnmth, z1r0rEi and yours sincere are to blame. (Sorry if being a snitch, but I have to be honest about this).
After a mayhem of explosions, smoke and journeys to hell, some tracks were left almost un-raceable. In fact, only Chenghou Project remains the same.
I´ll do whatever possible to fix the problem before friday afternoon.
If at all possible, please send money for flight-tickets to Makana Island, Kyoto and Sicily. Then I´ll try to take care of the renovation.
Wish me luck.

guillaume
8th January 2009, 10:46 AM
Good one :D

Is it ok to come and go through an avalon event?
Blackwiggle reminded me there was one this week-end, and even though PS3's at work, I have the keys, so I might be able to play a bit now and then.
Would that be ok with you guys? (I mean, if the traks are back in shape ;))

Cheers :)

kanar
8th January 2009, 11:31 AM
JJPAP, I've called Synchro Logistics, they said they're on their way for the tracks restoration lol. I still have to care about the food, the technical set up, the deco lol... But we'll be right on schedule!!! Of course Guillaume -& please!- lol, grab your keys & come play with us! 2 hosts, no filters, just jump in. I prefer no filters cos' we usually met new friendly wipers lol. -1:cold

RJ O'Connell
8th January 2009, 03:01 PM
Is the new avatar hinting at a possible switch to Triakis, kanar?

OBH
8th January 2009, 03:34 PM
is there still spaces going for this?

kanar
8th January 2009, 03:36 PM
LOL, no, I just love the hardcore logo (non-stop host...lol). I've nothing against Kigo's ship but... I've signed with Icaras, and this is for a long period!

Haydn : Mate, you'll just have to jump in, if there's an available slot, (2 ps3s, 2 hosts, 14 slots!) when you want!

TheFrostE
8th January 2009, 10:26 PM
what time should i be coming on if im US eastern Time and when are we meeting in Home

kanar
9th January 2009, 06:28 AM
playstation Home & warm up after (me alone) scheduled for 4pm/16h00 GMT for me, it will be 10h00/10am for you I presume (east coast?). Break at 18:30, I have to pick up Asa for 19h00. Non stop night host from 21:00 GMT (15:00 for us east coast) with asa.

alterego
9th January 2009, 06:56 AM
Hi All!

I Hope I'll join in this late evening from Italy......ready to burn under your 'gently' fire! ;)

Read You soon
CdRom

Danterich
9th January 2009, 08:14 AM
Hey Avalonians !
I´m so excited and nervous about this weekend:hyper. I usually work on the weekend, but for this I got free and I also sent my beloved girlfriend on "vacation" to her parents;). I hope my headset will arrive in time. Dark Chocolate i´d preferr:rock
see you on tracks/clubhouse

kanar
9th January 2009, 08:23 AM
Already awesome. Thanks again for the support guys, I've been here for 1 year now, & I still feel like a fresh rookie... We're going to break the timezone barrier together. I still have to grab some food (don't want to be eaten by my mates!), & check if everything's ok... Finishing my work at 12:00. Hope to be up online for 16:00 (I'll try to reach the ps home club house at 15:00), headset on this time (baaaaad english sorry). My safety car first, 2 hours of white chocolate (sorry Danterich lol). Asa "dark chocolate" is planned for 21:00!

kanar
10th January 2009, 03:16 AM
...5:14 here, we're done for the night. REally. See you tomorrow for more!!!

Darkdrium777
10th January 2009, 04:06 AM
I've got videos, with commentary :lol

kanar
10th January 2009, 08:10 AM
Nice Dark lol! I'm about to wake up Arnaud, Kaori's train in 1 hour! I would like to apologize to everyone's involved last night : I really couldn't deal with my psn messages. Sorry for not answering, Asa was playing in the same room as me lol. TOTALLY BLASTED. With Jonathan we will have some kind of turnover, better logistics lol... Hope to race you more today!

Mad-Ice
10th January 2009, 10:25 AM
Ahh, man I was feeling so sick yesterday. I could not even hold a controller in my hand. Everything was hurting me! Today I feel really weak and empty! I need food. I hope I will get some strenght back today, because you all had a blast yesterday. I really wanted to be there. Anyway, congratulations to Wellington86 for taking my number one spots.

I hope to see you laterzzz

il_NIK
10th January 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm not there with you mates...:frown:

I'm heavily out of training and I'm absolutely uncompetitive, but I want to race with you in the next days. Not racing for medals, only for my ... pleasure and ... honour ;)

Amazing times there, mates :clap

A warm welcome onto our planet Earth to the Alien who's playing HD (Wellington) :sonar

AG-wolf
10th January 2009, 12:58 PM
I share Nik's sentiment, I know I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell if I raced ;) I've got a busy weekend anyway, but I might sit in for a couple races if I have some free time. Can't wait to see videos, if nothing else :)

djKyoto
10th January 2009, 01:58 PM
Cheers for the races people, might pop in some more when I wake up tomorrow.

eLhabib
10th January 2009, 02:33 PM
AAAARGH! Now of all times I am experiencing connection problems! Why oh whyiiiieeeee? Hope to join you in a bit guys... :(

Darkdrium777
10th January 2009, 06:05 PM
Hey man that was happening to me too yesterday. Keep it up, eventually you'll get in :)

Asayyeah
10th January 2009, 08:59 PM
Oh lala what a fun there , Jonathan ( Kaori) joined us around noon to race at 3 into Kanar's bunker ! 2 ps3, 1 lcd 26p and 1 freakin awesome beamer full hd :O something like 90p displayed on his white wall : crystal clear
Eyes fully red by 60 fps running till 5.30am and a short sleep but not only, ippsss vodka redbull shots were devastating as well :sonar
We are switching eachother places around a true mega intense Avalon tourney like ever ! Mind this : you think about racing Kanar and it's me who was piloting under his profile while kaori under mines.
Exilarating moments spent there in Nîmes :hyper

Thx to everyone for racing us and supporting the Avalon League

Darkdrium777
11th January 2009, 12:36 AM
My internet connection is too slow for HD, I'm afraid I won't be playing anymore Avalon anytime soon (And weapons on too). The ****ing ship lag pisses me off too much. If it weren't for the damn collision physics it would be relatively OK, but I'm tired of having a ship constantly banging my rear and making me crash.
So **** it. :|

Amorbis
11th January 2009, 01:40 AM
I feel the same way about the lag Darkdium, I shouldn't really be complaining though because I'm in Europe and much closer to Avalon. I get quite annoyed when I get knocked off by an another Icaras and it's all down to internet speed. My internet is about 200kbp/s down and 100kbp/s up and can be really frustrating, it even disconnects when the phone rings!

Despite my problems I still had fun and I look forward to races in the future! Maybe I'll be able to practice more by then :P.

Darkdrium777
11th January 2009, 01:54 AM
The problem is that I get turned almost 90 degrees because of those collisions. We need a ghost option.
Races with weapons is better because usually people are more spread out, but without weapons I just cannot play it. Everyone moves as a mass, and when I get hit well it usually makes me go in last place or very close to it (Depends if there are 7 WOZ pilots or less and the others are further behind). Then, I am usually very pissed off, to say the least, because if it weren't for those collisions I'd be having an awesome race with the others at the front.
So yeah, apologies to Haydn, but that's what happened on the race with you on Anulpha reverse. I got hit and stopped dead onto the wall. From 2nd place to 8th. I usually don't quit, except when I can't take it anymore, and that was one of these moments.

KGB
11th January 2009, 02:19 AM
Are you telling me this is down to Internet connection speeds because I nearly quit too last night as i was sick of being clipped by someone, resulting in me going from first to last in seconds. Every time I came into contact with another craft i was the one coming worse off, and I mean every time.

Darkdrium777
11th January 2009, 03:21 AM
Yes it is because of internet connection. Sometimes I'm lucky, like yesterday, where ships generally follow a good line (Which is what I taped), but today all the ships were flying as a scrambled mass I couldn't get through, and once that mass caught up with me, that usually meant I was going to fall back to the back. :(

rdmx
11th January 2009, 03:47 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/388016288.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
Sometimes I get knocked around too, it's not just connection speed to blame. It's the lag correction that the game uses combined with high ping.

Darkdrium777
11th January 2009, 04:01 AM
Your connection is much faster than mine. I get knocked around all the time.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/388036919.png (http://www.speedtest.net)
http://www.speedtest.net/result/388037398.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

rdmx
11th January 2009, 04:03 AM
I was trying to say that even with a decent connection, I still get knocked around ;)

blackwiggle
11th January 2009, 04:37 AM
Are you telling me this is down to Internet connection speeds because I nearly quit too last night as i was sick of being clipped by someone, resulting in me going from first to last in seconds. Every time I came into contact with another craft i was the one coming worse off, and I mean every time.

I wouldn't blame connection speed for getting clipped,hell that happened to me today by Asayyeah, just the merest touch at the very moment I was using a boost on ubermall.....went flying into the arches,respawned and everybody had overtaken me,so that was that race down the toilet.

What's happening is that when racing against fellow forum members in Avalon or the like,we are all pretty much in the upper league of wipeout players world wide,so if something happens to you while racing your going to get overtaken by everybody, and the chances of catching up on any of this lot is going to be pretty remote, unless of course if something happens to somebody else and they get knocked back as well.
You have a bit more of a fighting chance in a weapons race [depends on luck with pick ups]but not that much more.;)

djKyoto
11th January 2009, 06:20 AM
I get bashed around all the time, GTP threw me into a tower block on Metropia Reverse, I usually get the worst of it, but I just put up with it, hey nothing I can do about it.

I tend to fix this problem by being out infront. ;)

Danterich
11th January 2009, 08:51 AM
hey whata freakin´f+++in´awesome weekend ! Tank you all for this great event, especially the hosts:clap. It´s like the dream of a little 2097y wiperboy has come true:D I hope for more 2day.
Yes, staying ON track is an additional challenge in Avalon. For me it helps, at least sometimes, pitching down mooore often.
And laggy internet-connection is frustrating. I feel with you guys. C ya on tracks !!!

KGB
11th January 2009, 10:41 AM
Someone should explain to me why internet connection speeds affect the out come of a collision but maybe in a different thread, all i know was that i was getting bashed about by every ship going and it seemed more than just bad luck or piloting skill.

Anyway thanks a lot Kanar, Asayyeah and Kaori for hosting loads of great races, your maybe all in bed still, what time are we starting today?

PS My son Louie says hello too ;)

Asayyeah
11th January 2009, 11:19 AM
Ahhhh Louie is your son ! now i get it ;)
Just a question mate : why do you put Louie into a flight to Honk Kong ( hong kong flag he owns) is there a Kid Acedemy Magec agency in Hong Kong?

Cheeky blighter :O the new generation is knocking at the Elite door :D

About the Avalon league , we are already in host configuration today with Kaori racing against WZ pilots.

Don't worry guys for the ship collisions, even it's frustrating most of the time seeing his ship going 90° and rammed into a wall ( mag strip for instance) the FUN being together browsing all the time zones from New Zeland to USA is more important.

Kaori is leaving Nîmes today around 4 pm and me around 7pm : we shall have 1 or 2 weeks to recover from that helluvah Avalon weekend :banzai

KGB
11th January 2009, 11:35 AM
Louie was in bed as all 7yr olds should be at 3am. :nod

I used his name to set up a Hong Kong account ages ago and was looking on their Store, then i thought "one little go on wipeout SL", then "ill see who's online", had a little go on Rapier which was a bit boring, so i then saw your name and thought "why not".

I don't make a habit of doing that but i seemed to do better under a different identity with a different ship ( I can sense a change of craft coming on).

Ill Maybe introduce you to my 2yr old today Asa, He's based in the U.S.A.;)

SaturnReturn
11th January 2009, 11:53 AM
hey whata freakin´f+++in´awesome weekend ! !!!

Ditto! Avalon has to be the best thing ever. I find I get smacked about a lot, especially if some of my lines through the corners aren't that great. But trying to claw your way back into the fray after this happens is just another kind of fun. Except on Sol2, get knocked off that track and there's no come back for me.

Anyway, thanks to the hosts and to this awesome community. Great to see such good natured competition.

guillaume
11th January 2009, 12:03 PM
Hey there!

I don't know if I'll make it this afternoon, but is there a time where you guys will probably be flying? or is it too late?

kanar
11th January 2009, 12:23 PM
.... Awesome here... Blast... those 2 guys are incredible lol... AND TO ALL OF YOU GUYS : A HUGE THANKS FOR COMING. keep playing 'til 16h00 GMT (kaori's train) non-stop!!!:hyper
sorry for not reporting too much here, I simply can't lol. more later

RJ O'Connell
11th January 2009, 08:30 PM
*sigh*

Never had a chance to get on the PS3 all weekend...:\

kaori
11th January 2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah! Great week-end at kanar's place. I met him for the first time, after 6 month to speak with him on the WipEout arEna chatbox, he is a fantastic guy & player. This week-end was too short for me, and probably for him & Asayyeah. Asayyeah has not changed, he stay the same extraordinary guy. I really love this two guys.
I lived inside of avalon, very intense experience!
I hope everyone had fun this week-end, on our side, it was too cool!
I never saw so many good players!
Hard to select the bling brigade!!! Good luck kanar for that.
I want to thank kgb1971 / louie2001, you are too funny man.
Wellington86, you are the best player, the most incredible! I am sure you can break 1.45.00 on Sol 2 R. But you aren't alone! Luxoflux, incredible time on Moa Therma! Mad-Ice always present! (when a team to the Netherlands?). TheFrostE & haydn, yeah, too fast! Team ANZAC, with djKyoto, trendf, Kigo & blackwiggle (Congratulations to your enormous progress). The french connection : kingheim, Wotan, leungbok, pirhapac (please help him to get Bling Brigade trophy :D). emwu23 who has played longer than us!
I add some new players I've never seen before this week-end, yalder2097 & SaturnReturn & Daguet_Rapide :rock
I stop there quotes, because I will probably forget a lot of people, but you're in a corner of my head, I will find you well in other online races later: D

eLhabib
11th January 2009, 11:00 PM
Wasn't able to connect to the servers for the whole weekend :- Catch ya next time folks!

feisar rocket
11th January 2009, 11:26 PM
do u hav a psn acount and wipeout pulse

eLhabib
11th January 2009, 11:38 PM
??? yes, of course I have a psn account, and no, I don't have wipEout Pulse - what would I need that for? :?

djKyoto
11th January 2009, 11:51 PM
Good fun, it seems that Sebenco Climb is quite firmly my home turf. :D

Blackwiggle - You've been practising, keep it up.

kanar
12th January 2009, 12:40 AM
We missed you RJO’, Elhabib… Hope to race you soon!!! Yeah this week-end was freakin’ awesome. I’ve a thought for all the pilots who encoutered this awful lag/bashed/respawn/DNF problem, probably increased by our 2 host multiplex. Can’t wait for optic fiber for all. I’ve a thought for Mad-Ice too, hope you recovered mate. We missed you SO MUCH (lol Kaori couldn’t imagine an Avalon without you). Now, here’s a try to report what I could call “a special week-end”

I’ve never met Asa & Kaori. But I already knew these 2 were nice guys. And absolute, crazy, freakin’ wipeout addicts. After a short 2 hours warm-up alone, I quickly understood that some wipers here in the zone completely achieved their MAGEC formation (not like me). It ended with a nice chenghou reverse psn freeze, right on time to pick up Asa at the train station. When he saw me with my Icaras sweat he immediately hugged me. “Kanar!” he said. LOL. I was dreamin’. The virtual “WOW” (World Of Wipeout) suddenly appeared right in front of me. One of my wipeout heroes, was here with me. From that moment, and I really want to apologize to all of you guys, the Avalon “protocoles” completely disappeared out of my mind. I just enjoyed that week-end, despite the fact I’m living in a f-----g place (like you Kigo), with f-----g freaky neighbours featuring f-----g car-jackers, so I was obliged to bunkarize my friends. More, my actual place is so small that it looks like a cave. Can’t wait to move from that s—t. I’m actually living a difficult period in my real life, you 2 guys had contributed to heal my wounds. Back to topic. The first night was already awesome, & freakin’ fast, We truly passed the night in the Matrix. All the parameters were reunited to disconnect from the real world. We raced with aliens the whole night. And for the first time, I had an alien with me too. We passed a huge time talking together about Wipeout, & the zone… Sorry we totally f----d up with the schedule, we almost never answered to our psn messages… We said really weird stuffs in the headset, with our awful English… And it was even worse with Kaori’s arrival. What a nice guy too. We definitely not spent enough time together. With Kaori, I had the weird feeling to see myself, 10 years ago. Anyway. So, 3 aliens in the same room. What a chaotic Avalon event, but definitely my best wipeout moments ever. I really hope some of you guys have recorded some of the races, I completely f----d up with that too, I was unable to make videos. Yeah I really suck. I would like to thank all the zoners who stayed with us the entire week-end, there’s no words to describe what happened here –and online-. I’ve edited my first post. To the question : “so… how was the competition guys”, we can say Wellington was awesome. But he wasn’t alone, & that’s freakin’ awesome too : after 3 months, there’s a real army of superfast phantom pilots. I definitely couldn’t restrict myself to only 2 bling brigades. I must stop now. 2pm here, I must disconnect myself from this fantastic universe. I love you guys. Asa, Kaori, the Zoners… Thanks a lot.

Avalon : MAGEC was xxxxx number of races, & (sorry for the omissions):

youAreFubar, Smoovie-T, Leezy155, SPIDERWOMEN419, TarquinFarqhuar, Albygrox, dacl38, kingheim, JJmiller, omnislash_76, colorblindcrow, jmoid, stinkleroy, Wellington86, Nalguedo, osama-bin-Haydn, kgb1971, emwu23, VIKINGHAGGEN, tef1, z1r0rEi, gresselighting, nelson1978, mic-dk900, Danterich, Amorbis, wzFro (guillaume), Loganthedog, Lory1969Vr, unk75, Asayyeah lol, TheFrostE, Leungbok, spoon56, Anach56, ringsalami, SaturnReturn, kdourv, hemobono, Xtriko, wotan998, alteregorr, djKyoto, gasnic, Expitarius, JJPAP, silverfox073, LaMosca, SynergyBlades, Tordmulen, le_trou_noir, jsv, fabylas, ScullyRocks, trentdf, toastor, superpj1, jokbjarmed, KIGO1987, AKRO2, 100lyloo, nascarlov3r, Evolite, the4th, benbogog, constrictor4U, pirhapac, ArcGlide, Feisar31, GTP_Rorschach, acrooklyn, Greenix, DarkseidMD, avi-, mrsentah, Pookie_123, tommyjayjorge, windomi, MrBison, ChevMack, RoGEO, hibiki_nejime, darkdrium777, lap1n0u, TheShade666, Urbanatac, Cerberus64, ITOSIKI, DJmaniac21, Wolfillo78, Thibaud21, AURONrocks, tobhak, Postworker, Krapo-Rouge, Pavboswki, Melvid, gogglebot, Klocki_LEGO, Kaori714(LOL), illuminae, mr_strawz, dobyblue, Zoth-Ommog, Reeferman-T, cbrloic7, hn9354, tametaro, wolde999, rave90, alex1407, MUSTY_RAG_ED, TIXu7, tikisafari, supphire, kulakowskiR, oXium, TOME9053, nV-Jaker, Bicento66, Avenger2197, Thart, Rox_90, Q_Kwinsie, sk061, OLOuk, meiki87, mathias333, raz_man86, G-Superpilot, Tomeru, Saash, Andybob35, didiego242, vesse13, dustdevil56, AbyssalDivision, Reo-S, riddiq, grumpy_jacks_dad, G8obie, easydonkey, stephenkidd, Xx_LORD_ROCHA_xX, sujika, sparkyMT8, zeo111178, Bermanischa, kaymana, deiv23, Senecal, LilacWine, Petit___Princep, Gruffi79, TOWERINGTWOTONE, pump28, chris117, shonen11, Bazza101, Mattman_001, AL_COHOLIC1980, eco2delta, joserodrigo, Luxoflux, Bmott, silveria43, paul-hirobo, dwpj65, anitator, erich123, tony_frezza, SMEDMANN, Ricky__B, gamerdu94, XPLOS1V3_99, mickhic, x_BOB_SAGET_x, fil8mis4ada0, x-pepper-x, oasis_happy, skillzdatkillz69, moosemanmike, veugelartje, fafffer, cheffree, Veritatus, RENTa-ZG, Hunk83, saknoth, C7APA, bubba-G_420, Connavar, stilczak, Daguet_Rapide, blackwiggle, danbill441, bboyracer, jonadon, NEODYMIUM, jwjw, LuckyRod, robotdestroy, leguedinfurieux, Snake-GER, jel666, Phatboye, gerdyk, PiDgE_78, Spud_69_lfc, benedykt2, FrenkyV, il_Nik, tchino, EKR-Ricky_78, cyri-14, supersonic74, Tesser, DutchCloggie, Ray-Bleu, mematen, da_mac_factor, chboing, mathias333, bastek1, JT18JT, zoso31, LOT3C, woochy, Justafchen01, simanii, Chris-Brett, Stin, absol2, mika_hakka, gdog49, luvlily, tidus2386, The_Gallagher, Yeldar2097, Bonake, mattydreadlocks, EPSILON… And a special thanks to infoxicated. This place rocks

I'm dead. I won't go to work tomorrow.

Darkdrium777
12th January 2009, 01:14 AM
So many wipeout players. Wow :o

Thank you kanar for the good times, too bad as I said I suffer a lot more than usual from ship contacts :s

blackwiggle
12th January 2009, 02:43 AM
200+ wipeout players over 3 days and all able to get along with each other without a bad word said.

Now THAT's a community.:D

A truly EPIC GG KANAR ,Thanks for organizing it.:clap:clap:clap

Darkdrium777
12th January 2009, 03:01 AM
I counted 301 quickly. May be off by 1 or 2. ;)

Wellington86
12th January 2009, 03:09 AM
Wow kanar, it sounds as though you loved this weekend! Thanks to you, kaori and Asayyeah for staging this event, you provided HD addicts like me with many many hours of fun. And you are right, I was certainly not the only 'awesome' pilot there, as you put it. Some of the times people have managed are insane. It's amazing just how far we were from the potential at the last two avalons (and who knows how far we still are!).

@kaori - Since it's avalon I assume you mean break 1.45 without weapons...thanks for the faith in me but I'm not too sure I can do that, lol. Breaking 1.46 is probably possible though (maybe you meant that? :)).

A big thanks to everyone I raced. I didn't see some people very often as I spent all my time in kanar's room and they spent most of their time in Asayyeah's. The person I spent most time locked in a duel with was Wotan. He ran me ragged many times (I have to say I was very chuffed to beat your Sol 2 record ;)).

A few of the records are wrong, by the way. Wotan beat my Ubermall reverse time, and I beat Mad-Ice's Metropia record (along with Haydn) on Friday. I'll PM you the times in a moment since you asked for it that way.

Edit: I second the complaints that have been made about the collision effects. On more narrow tracks like VK and Metropia you have to start in 1st place to enjoy a clean race, which becomes very frustrating.

KIGO1987
12th January 2009, 08:34 AM
Full respect to Kanar there, also to Ko and Asa. To remember and to take into account every single racing pilot in the event.... thats dedication. Sounds like incredible fun at Avalon HQ. Really good to see this event grow exponentially from the Pulse era of last year. Its a great get together of familiar and newbies on the track. Looking forward for more of these Wipeout events to spawn in the future. Once again full respect to the host, the other hosts and the participants.

Mad-Ice
12th January 2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks Kaori and Kanar for thinking about me! I think this was my first time to miss Avalon. I am still sick at home, somehow I am feeling a little bit better. My fever is a little bit less now, but I am still not able to play Wipeout at this moment. This shows me that am I really sick, lol!

I have read all the wonderful comments about last weekend. Everybody has had a blast again and especially you guys: Kanar, Asayyeah and Kaori! I hope to see you all coming weekend in Paris!?

Greetz Mad-Ice

kaori
12th January 2009, 08:46 AM
@kaori - Since it's avalon I assume you mean break 1.45 without weapons...thanks for the faith in me but I'm not too sure I can do that, lol. Breaking 1.46 is probably possible though (maybe you meant that? :)).

Oh yes I wanted to say 1.46.00 or 1.45.xx, 22.00 on the first lap, and 21.00 the others :D

alterego
12th January 2009, 09:37 AM
Hi All!

What an intense Week End racing in Avalon W.O.W.! ;)

....for my old nerves and eyes (i'm 46 years old...ehm ehm ;) ) it was sometimes a little cruel, but surely amazing!

I don't know if there are some older wipers online, but.....maybe I'm the oldest....but I hope not the slowest.....ah ah ah!

Read you soon!
CdRom

kaori
12th January 2009, 10:11 AM
I know a 48 years old french (again :D) racer, T-Rex29.

alterego
12th January 2009, 10:19 AM
Hi Kaori, hi all!

...mmmmh! I've an idea! ;)

...maybe in the future......an Old Sage Merlin from Avalon over 40 tournament! :D

a set of races open to the oldest pilots here....ah ah ah!

read you soon!
CdRom

OBH
12th January 2009, 10:36 AM
i beat mad-ices metropia record (along with haydn) on friday

man, i just cant get my name on an avalon record, even when i beat one! ..... sorry wellington, but i might have to cut off your fingers :beer

kanar
12th January 2009, 12:02 PM
I just woke up here, 1pm. Thanks again for your support guys, I've now to clear up my mind of this world of Wipeout (& clean my place too lol) for a moment. We flyed so high this week-end, thanks to your dedication guys. I've to go back to the real world now. Hope to race you all soon, maybe for avalon Strikes Back (to be confirmed)

(still can't realize what happened this week-end)

Asayyeah
12th January 2009, 01:33 PM
I can tell you friends, it's soooo difficult for me today at the courses center, my eyes shut down by themselves and really can't focus on what i am doing :|.
That was a true impressive Wipeout weekend at Kanar's place. Olivier did his best to invite us : succeeded at 200% mate :clap
As i told you, you are one of the nicest chap i met , i know you are facing a difficult period far from your wife and about the job but you gonna pass those hard steps soon, i trust in you Kanar :)

If there's one thing to remember of this weekend , this is truly the laughing moments we spent together with Jonathan , Olivier and me.

Looking forward to do it again :banzai

Matthijs, recover well from that cold and fiever , we want you fit for PAris !

OBH
12th January 2009, 01:57 PM
Ive just uploaded the first 4 avalon races i took part in in Asayyeahs room. Links can be found on the HD Videos thread :hyper

Shame i couldnt record more. There was one game on sol 2 in kanars room that was totally nuts. I eliminated Danterich, someone else, and Kingheim on the last lap as he tried to take the lead :) total carnage. would have been an excellent video.

kanar
12th January 2009, 03:21 PM
thank you so much Haydn, I really f----d up on this part, hopefully you were there with your cam.

KGB
12th January 2009, 04:05 PM
I think you deserve a medal just for the BIG post Kanar, didn't make it in time for Sundays bash which i was sorry about. You may of collapsed in a corner somewhere by the time i got on.

Just wish i could of been on longer but i felt i might of been depriving others, so i left after about 24 races ;)

Don't even know who i was racing half the time, you, Asa or Kaori but it was just a great time never the less. So a big thank you to all three of you from me.

Also i made a lot of new friends this weekend, too many to list here but i hope to see you all on track soon. (Though not this week as i am back at work from 6AM to 2PM so i need lots of sleep). so i will miss the night crew Wellington, Greenix and GTP et al.

Thanks again Kanar Asa and Kaori. :rock:beer:rock