PDA

View Full Version : Bad Aliasing,Stutters,Frame loss,Slowdown how many of you have these problems...

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 10:46 PM
bad aliasing,stutters,frame loss slowdown ans the " white snowing effect " how many of you have these problems and what could be the cause?

as far i'm concerned about , i have problems of aliasing that at this time i do not know if it's the game who are in this way or it's a problem of mine, since i never seen the game in another console on another tv of another person i cannot know for sure, i have stutters frame loss and tears on screen maybe very little noticeable for a person who don't know the game or videogames in general but certain i notice it...then i have white tiny points or lines who appears inside the " seams " who link together the piece of graphics in which all the things in the games are build ,for a practical exemple in the slits beetwen the pannels of some ships, ag sys sides for exemple or the inside sides of the feisar nose vent , how many of you have this effect known as " snow whiting " like a friend here ( blackwiggle ) had let me know

the game still astonishing but after long sessions of playing all these issues can become very annoying

what could be the cause of all these issues? hardware or cables connection? or other?

djKyoto
4th December 2008, 11:24 PM
No issues here, looks great as always. :rock

Probably cause I spent over $100 on a proper HDMI cable.

b4p
4th December 2008, 11:33 PM
some cables do not have enough bandwidth for hdmi 1.3:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#HDMI_1.3

i am going to try 1.3 cables next week

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 11:36 PM
actually i have a 1.3 cable...

:blarg:brickwall i'm gonna hit my head on the wall

gbit
4th December 2008, 11:36 PM
Could be a cable connection problem, try another HDMI cable (NOT an overpriced, super expensive one...<$40), also try component out (the red/green/blue cables), and finally, see if you can play the game on a friend's PS3 or at a demo kiosk, and look for those same artifacts.

Are these problems noticeable from 6 ft away or only when you're looking right at the screen?

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 11:52 PM
yes are slightly noticeable even at a distance, the aliasing and a sort of... i cannot know how to explain myself,ehm tremor but i think it's an aliasing thing

Darkdrium777
5th December 2008, 12:18 AM
Can you take screenshots?

darkfaerytales
5th December 2008, 12:56 AM
yes i can...i already have 278 or some...

b4p
5th December 2008, 03:07 AM
here's a video; i tried to link the high quality video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elgAU5Ltu0g&fmt=6

rdmx
5th December 2008, 04:00 AM
What resolution are you running at?

darkfaerytales
5th December 2008, 04:09 AM
i think he have already tell that run at 1080p in another thread, it is right friend?

b4p
5th December 2008, 04:26 AM
i'm running at 1080p

I ordered some better HDMI cables from amazon, so i'll let you guys know on monday/tuesday if anything improves.

darkfaerytales
5th December 2008, 05:15 AM
ok let us know , thank you

BTW i have same aliasing effect as you plus the whiting effect and stutter-slowdown

eLhabib
5th December 2008, 07:37 AM
From what I read here it doesn't sound like a bad HDMI cable to me. If you are experiencing white flakes between polygon edges, I'm suspecting your PS3's graphics card is having a problem. Are you experiencing similar problems with any other games? Are you experiencing the same problems with wipEout if you lower the resolution?

rushin
5th December 2008, 08:44 AM
would lean towards your gfx card overheating/falling over.

is ps3 in well ventilated area, not on floor, etc, etc? If its getting hot you should be able to hear as the fan ramps up a lot. might be full of dust if you have kept it in bad area or have pets/smokers/carpet :) There is a fan test you can do that should clear lots of dust without you having to take it to bits. Forgotten how but can google for instructions.

/edit oh just saw the other thread, so sounds like it isnt the impending death of your ps3 after all, phew :)

mdhay
5th December 2008, 09:18 AM
White flakes

Otherwise known as Sebenco Climb.

Seriously, I don't know what to suggest.

b4p
5th December 2008, 03:05 PM
Is anyone else running 1080p and getting any aliasing? It's most noticeable while stationary and using the nose-camera at the start of the race (your camera should sway back and forth because of the nose-cam). Vineta K and Sol 2 were the two tracks I tested the most.

Aliasing is NOT a big deal; while going full speed it's almost impossible to notice or care about something that trivial.

Figlarz
5th December 2008, 05:36 PM
Yesterday I had some framerate drops, but that was first (and the last) time.

JABBERJAW
5th December 2008, 05:46 PM
I never got any skipping issues until the new update came along, now I get them every once in a while, very annoying, like an old pc game without enough memory

darkfaerytales
5th December 2008, 08:01 PM
ok, just to make order on the facts:

-my playstation do not emit any strange rumors, nor the fan seems to go under pressure even after a couple of hours of playing, yes playstation turn very hot after a while but i know it is regular , right?

-outside the game issues i've described my ps3 do perform all the other things without any problems find ( play music, the sound is optimal, copy stuff, play films, dvd,wma, mp3,downloads,go on internet ec ec. without any sign or problems )

-if i run with hdmi cable at lower resolution the aliasing and snow whiting remains at 576p the aliasing turn unbearable but it's because i still watching it in a hd tv, the aliasing & company remains but the stutters,tears and slowdown disappears as it seems
( i will try with the scart cable and on an sd tv and let you know soon )

-if you try to search and take a look on the web you will find many MANY stuff about aliasing and ps3 games, try to search on google " ps3 aliasing " or " ps3 aliasing problems " "ps3 have antialiasing" and so on, as it seems ps3 do not have an antialiasing filter, many many other games have these kind of problems, i do not know anyway if it the case of wipeout hd...

-now i'm really really VERY confused:brickwall:dizzy:rolleyes:

Darkdrium777
5th December 2008, 08:23 PM
AFAIK this aliasing is normal... It shows up the same on my TV if I look really close.
Move away from the screen guys...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7337/wohd20081030201356jpgvm5.jpg

darkfaerytales
5th December 2008, 08:32 PM
ah ok , so it is normal?

cause it is like i see the game...less the pixel white points and stutters...

darkfaerytales
10th December 2008, 08:40 PM
ok i've just found a pic of a mate who explain what i'm talking about

in this pic you can easily notice the aliasing which i talk and the white tiny point you can see on the wall and on along the nose of harimau

http://gs114.photobucket.com/groups/n247/BVBCE6N02F/?action=view&current=wohd_20081102_131557jpg.jpg

did you have see those?

Darkdrium777
11th December 2008, 12:19 AM
That is hardly ''Bad Aliasing'', this is entirely and perfectly normal.

As I said, move away from the screen and stop using magnifying glasses when you play D:

klax75
11th December 2008, 04:30 AM
ok i've just found a pic of a mate who explain what i'm talking about

in this pic you can easily notice the aliasing which i talk and the white tiny point you can see on the wall and on along the nose of harimau

http://gs114.photobucket.com/groups/n247/BVBCE6N02F/?action=view&current=wohd_20081102_131557jpg.jpg

did you have see those?
Woo hoo my picture is famous. All though when I took it I hit a bumb or something and then the next thing I know I was staring at the ceiling. :/ Needless to say I lost that race by a lot, had a hard time getting off the wall.

Skvall
11th December 2008, 09:43 AM
I also have some stutter/slowdowns. Some tracks have it every lap at the same place.

I _think_ it was, if not gone but, at least less at my friends ps3/hdtv combination.

mine: US 60GB PS3 + Sony 40" D3000
friends: US 80GB PS3 + Sharp 37" XD1E

darkfaerytales
20th December 2008, 01:07 PM
at this day i have frequent stutters in moa therma, metropia, sol 2, ubermall, vineka k

SL must consider to release another patch for resolve this stuttering problem

this issue begin to become big and very annoying, for me as for many other people, i will be forced to cancel the game download it again and play the version 1.0 without on-line access

MadMax1978
20th December 2008, 08:38 PM
WTF guys how the hell can you see this when the game is flying a 60fps

on my cheep ass 32" LCD at 1080i I noticed a bit of interlace flicker but....

but on my very expencive Samsung series 6 50" plasma I can't see any thing like this the grafix is flawless

and LS / sony have produced a game that no pc / 360 can compete with graphically.