PDA

View Full Version : no one loves mirage?

darkfaerytales
3rd December 2008, 04:45 PM
it is true? no one seems to love the little green bugsy, i've noticed that seems there is little love for mirage teams around forums and between wipeout fans:frown:
it even don't have a team allegiance on wipeout-game.com WHY? there isn't any...i'm pretty shocked
what's so wrong with the green bug?:|
i've to admit myself too first times i've seen the design i was pretty esitant and little conviced about it, it was ugly, it seems out of place in some ways, it was too...too bug-like and gimmicky, but after a while it start to grown on me now i think in some ways it has pretty ingenious and bright design, i think it don't like at start 'cause the innovative and very distant from the classic one hull or twin hulls designs we get used to, to be more precisely i think better that it isn't out of place in space it is out of place in time, seems that it is too futuristic and modern design even for the year 2206 of wipeout hd,
its like today to see some concept cars around

in conclusion ,sincerelly i'm pretty worried about the future of the team, i have fear if it do not received enough apprecciations it will dissapear

the next major candidates to enter the wipeout oblivion shall be mirage and harimau, i've fear:frown:

H3avyM3tal
3rd December 2008, 05:08 PM
Stat wise it is the definition of balanced in this game (not that it matters much). At first I hated it aswell, and I still think that the defult green skin makes the craft as ugly as they get. The two other skins are much nicer, and overall I think this craft is nice (I do get to meet atleast one player during online).

I think that it comes down to this: New players choose crafts by stats, and when they get better they choose something that they like to see on screen. I think SL need to make some adjustments to the whole stats department in this game.

This craft is as good as them all though.

chboing
3rd December 2008, 05:25 PM
i like it, it's actually part of my 3 top team along with AG System and Icaras
and for tournament, i often choose this one.

At first i hated it, ugly, been pissed at his pilot during my attempts to get elite campaign too ;)
but now it's ok, like the way you feel "on track" in this ship. As if you were on a tramway track.

crawdad62
3rd December 2008, 05:43 PM
For the longest time I couldn't get through Sebenco Climb without the Mirage. Strange looking ship but I've got a warm spot for it.

trentdf
4th December 2008, 02:50 AM
plus it's great for photo ops, i've got a few that show some action going on looking through the gigantic hole of a banking mirage :)
i would post them but im computer illiterate (and too lazy if your thinking of explaining it to me ;))

Ithron
4th December 2008, 06:01 PM
I've quite grown to dislike Mirage. It's not that there's anything wrong with it per se. For me it just seemed that Mirage was always the team that rammed/shot/bombed/etc me in the last corner on the lap of almost every elite campaign race :) That might have been just because of it's distinctive looks though.

I haven't really raced that much with it. The few times I have tried it, it has seemed too wobbly for me I think.

b4p
4th December 2008, 09:52 PM
don't talk trash. mirage rocks. in your face. so's your face. word to your mother. it's a man's world.

Lance
4th December 2008, 10:28 PM
Yew'd best be winkin' when yew say that, podnuh. I'm a callin' you out; meet me in front of Jenkins' Saloon at noon. And be ready to draw that sixgun faster 'n yew ever did befoah.

:D

djKyoto
4th December 2008, 11:26 PM
I don't use cause, simply cause it may not bad at anything (weak strats), it's just not good at anything either.

AG-Systems for life yo. :rock

Mu5
5th December 2008, 01:40 AM
I love Mirage - its the only ship I play with online :)

I think Asa has a few top phantom SL times using mirage - so the stats cant be that bad ;)

eLhabib
5th December 2008, 07:38 AM
I'd definitely use Mirage more if it didn't have such a wide rear! Handling is ace though.

mdhay
5th December 2008, 09:24 AM
My brother likes using it, but he doesn't really play on it.

Rapier Racer
9th December 2008, 06:58 PM
I don't use it. Don't like the way it looks at all. Also when I'm racing offline at Phantom Elite, 90% of the time when a CPU ship is destroyed its Mirage, I never understood why maybe its just always in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Sometime I feel bad destroying it lol

ElectroBolt
10th December 2008, 10:45 AM
Used it when the elite difficutly medals appeared following the launch of the 1.20 patch, in order to unlock all skins (same reason why I started using Goteki 45).

I think it's a great ship, with very accurate handling, even though in some occasions its wide ass may unexpectedly bump into side walls :frown:.

And the second skin (the green/white one) is sweet!

fusionfrenzy
11th December 2008, 12:04 AM
I can't stand Mirage. I don't know why, it just doesn't fit for me. I think its the name as much as anything; all the other teams have such futuristic and unique names, like EG-X, Feisar, Piranha, (we all know the names!), but Mirage, just sounds so half-assed and un-futuristic. Like calling a new ship "SuperSpeed" or something. Bleh.

That, and it's ugly as sin. I wouldn't mind if this ship were to be never seen in Wipeout again.

REZED
12th December 2008, 10:38 PM
I think it's a good ship. to much handling can be a pain when you play for the 1st time in days & shield is very important all the time. All the other ships have a hole in their stats somewhere & its looks good in the blue and silver aswell.
I can't help but think players might think i pick mirage because of the irish flag next to my name. WELL its not. Green country's mean more rain!!!
Rain Anybody!! WE have lots...........

Rubix42
13th December 2008, 04:51 PM
Ooooh, my baby. I love Mirage, got the platinum trophy with it and use it almost exclusively to this day. It's essentially an Assegai with slightly more weight and a bit less handling. For me it's perfect as the Assegai seems to really bite into corners and I like the smoothness of the handling in this craft.

And yes, it's ugly, but when you play using nose cam, all the ships look the same while racing:P

jmoid
14th December 2008, 04:14 PM
I genuinely think it looks really cool. But then I like those round televisions that they had in the 70s: http://www.antiqueradio.org/jvc01.htm

TheFrostE
14th December 2008, 04:26 PM
i dont like the way it looks, feels sluggish to me as well, that could be my inner feisar pilot speaking though.

CJS
21st August 2009, 11:43 AM
Disregard avatar, AG SYS is my fav. Mirage is 2nd, not sure why, got Wipeout Disciple with it... too... first response to this thread in... 8... months... nvm :dizzy

IDReaper
21st August 2009, 11:49 AM
Old Mirage(Oldage? lol) is still my fav ship so far. I feel like it has just the right turning radius for my driving style. Enough that I don't understeer and lots of stability. This however seems to have changed with the Fury Mirage, which feels much more rear heavy to me.

OBH
21st August 2009, 12:37 PM
Mirage till i die :)

abukii
21st August 2009, 05:55 PM
Mirage is awesome. Well balanced and sexy looking. Reminds me of my favorite insect; The Praying-Mantis. There is definitely LOVE for Mirage. Heed my words lol

aerobie
21st August 2009, 07:49 PM
Mirage is my favourite HD ship.
In Pulse, Assegai was my fave, but I felt that Assegai wasn't as easy to control in HD. In HD, Mirage feels to me like Assegai did in Pulse. I like its Mantis design as a contrast from the other ships, plus it represents the UAE! Nice!

billychanxtr33m
21st August 2009, 08:03 PM
hd mirage is great, who doesnt love that flying green bowling ball?

Aeroracer
21st August 2009, 08:06 PM
mirage looks like a bug..i dont like the ship cos when i play the computer its always the mirage that gives me hassles..barging shooting me with weapons it should not have cos it missed the weapon pad..

stats wise its very good.no real weakness ..its just not for me.

DividedXZero
21st August 2009, 08:25 PM
I would have liked mirage..but I had a similar experience as Jasmin.
Whilst trying to do the campaing, Mirage gave me hell...it always seemed to target me. Especially if it was in 5th->7th on the starting grid...and it always had a weapon ready when i pass it or a turbo if i shot it...

Annoying bugger! :)

Aeroracer
21st August 2009, 08:51 PM
lol..cool ..so i did imagine it after all..:)

opps i mean didn't not did :dizzy

Vartazian
21st August 2009, 10:01 PM
The New Mirage is teh Sex.

Aeroracer
21st August 2009, 11:33 PM
???are you saying its good then.

Mu5
22nd August 2009, 03:33 AM
Yes, I think he is Jasmine :)

I will say again - I love the original HD Mirage :)

If anyone has any great screenshots of it, I would love to see them :D :+

Kyonshi
22nd August 2009, 05:07 AM
I find this ship okay, no more. Im an avid design lover also, but i find Mirage a bit gross and bulky :? The HD "insectoid" lines are funny, but that's not what i can call aerodynamic features :P And the Fury version is so weird... from behind it looks like a TIE fighter without wings xD I've never played Pulse but i saw that this version was less curvy and looking more aggressive. All in all, it is exactly what is been done for; a good all-rounder, that's it.

Lightlord
22nd August 2009, 08:50 PM
Its a fairly easy ship to use and with the handling quite high as well as its other stats you can get some impressive times/races with it as well, its tricky as to what skin looks better out of HD and Fury skins.

jan709
23rd August 2009, 11:41 AM
i've never really raced mirage, but the fury makeover rocks:rock

yeldar2097
23rd August 2009, 12:29 PM
mirage is awesome :D

HD Mirage is a dream to drive, it feels super controlled and the 2nd skin is sex :P

Fury Mirage looks awesome as well. I would say it handles a bit like the old zone ship (before 1.30). Personally I like it but it takes some getting used to...

Mirage = Win

darkfaerytales
23rd August 2009, 04:14 PM
best mirage model design wise is mirage pulse concept ship

Aeroracer
24th August 2009, 01:05 AM
@yeldar2097

mirage=giant bug that knocks my ship off track:brickwall

OBH
24th August 2009, 02:09 PM
You can expect to see the bug online more often now :)
Mirage till i die! :dizzy

yeldar2097
24th August 2009, 02:21 PM
ah but which one??? hmmmmm?
not that i mind (unless it's that dreadful 3rd skin of yours :P)

DISRUPTOR
25th August 2009, 02:51 PM
I like the mirage ships as i feel they are well balanced and nice looking.

OBH
5th September 2009, 12:06 PM
Sorry to bring a dead topic back to life, but ive been LOVING the mirage fury ship.

Top 10 multiplayer on 3 tracks yesterday. It flows so nicely! Heres to many more! :beer

EienZero
5th September 2009, 07:29 PM
Mirage particularly on Wipeout PULSE it's a great craft, the name can be not too futuristic, but let's say that it sounds well, but yeah, something else like a bit more "unknown" word would be much more catching thinking of futurism.

About the skin, I think there should be a green ship anyway, but would chose the 2nd skin as a main.

About the handling and rest of features I think it's pretty good, balanced of course, works good in Tournaments, but if I wanna get serious to do single races, etc. I'd chose Assegai or AG-Sys instead.

About the body-work shape, I think it's great, my first thought was that it is like a Tie-Fighter but racing version, and I use to love those. But it is obviously a different stuff. So it can either be quickly eradicated or become the future of WO crafts.

About the new Mirage on Wipeout HD, well, isn't it that bad, but, ****! It is a bloody Bug! Well I do like, but not as a racing craft, the previous design it was lot more racing looking, this one, I don't know, like a "mechanic-bot" for the Section 8 maybe?

I vote for Mirage to stay, if they re-take the Pulse one, re-touch a bit the color scheme and become a new "brand" disposing the current name.

OBH
5th September 2009, 10:19 PM
i couldnt DISAGREE more! :g

i love its quirkyness, and its humour. dont change my precious bug! :)

Dark_Phantom_89
17th September 2009, 09:33 PM
Mirage definitely deserves greater recognition in the Wipeout world. How can you not love this ship?

yeldar2097
18th September 2009, 11:01 AM
If you're an AG-Sellout....er...Systems pilot :D

Mietepiet
20th September 2009, 09:21 PM
After flying for a couple of weeks with Mirage (which I really enjoyed flying), I'm back on Assegai again: handling over shield.

And man is that mirage uuuuugly!!!