PDA

View Full Version : Pursuade me to buy this!

Spaceman
28th November 2008, 10:15 PM
I bought PURE as soon as i got a PSP, it was the main reason i wanted a PSP.
I played it for weeks on end, still playing it now.

And then.. I found out they'd released a new PSP wipeout game, pulse. I was pretty shocked because i didnt see a reason, wipeout games are very simmilar, so to release a new psp one so soon, what was the point?

Is this game worth buying? what extra stuff does it have, other than tracks/vehicles?

OBH
28th November 2008, 10:48 PM
One google search brings all you need to know. :)
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/wipeoutpulse

DawnFireDragoon
28th November 2008, 10:53 PM
download the demo, it's free. give it a whirl and see how you find it. it tells you everything you need to know. :)

Spaceman
29th November 2008, 12:49 AM
Awesome, the customize skin thing seems cool. Does it let you race it with the skin you've made? or is it just to look at?

Darkdrium777
29th November 2008, 06:30 PM
To race, obviously. WipEout Pulse is WipEout Pure, but essentially better. And with different tracks.

Spaceman
1st December 2008, 01:03 AM
I'm considering getting it a lot more now, but it feels like im paying £20/30 for just a few extra tracks =/

DawnFireDragoon
1st December 2008, 01:03 PM
did you read any of the reviews Haydn linked for you... :)

the game has a lot of extra features, it's the wipeout 3 to 2097, in terms of features. eliminator mode's back, zone modes a million times better than in pure.

yes, there are more tracks, some great, some terrible (outpost 7 anyone) like any new game.

anyway, you should read some of the reviews and cheack out some video review's on youtube too. there's probably a gametrailers one and a 1up one on there somewhere...

Darkdrium777
2nd December 2008, 02:02 AM
yes, there are more tracks, some great, some terrible (outpost 7 anyone) like any new game.Outpost is amazing once you get the hang of it. I remember the time spent mastering Piranha on that track for single race and TT, and Huntergreg for single lap (Awesome record by the way as it's already been said). And look at the tables! :D What makes O7 so great is that if you try very hard enough, it shows you that every single ship is perfectly balanced, and once you master the ship playing on O7 is very rewarding. :D

Anyways I digress, you should buy WipEout Pulse ;)

Medusa
4th December 2008, 08:18 PM
Pulse has some really wonderful tracks, and the AI is much more challenging. If you want to see more tracks, you're finding Pure easy, and you'd like to race online, definitely buy Pulse.
On the other hand, if you're still getting plenty of mileage out of Pure, you could probably wait a little while and buy Pulse when it's in the bargain bin, and save some pennies.
Either way, you should definitely buy it and play it while you've got your PSP.

DawnFireDragoon
4th December 2008, 10:02 PM
yes, ignore my personnal hatred of one track, out of so many!!!

as suggested if you want to play some more wipeout...definitely give pulse a chance!!!

:)