PDA

View Full Version : how i killed the sl contest

leungbok
24th November 2008, 04:21 PM
An extreme title for a thread, you may say.
You will understand and you feel.
I made a small session of speed lap in phantom on sol2 reverse to improve my record. After a lot of laps I come to a score of 0.20.77 Hon, I missed a br so I continued.
A few laps later, trying to put a br of 3 to be the top 5 ds, I took a wall and take off my ship as an arrow, while br. I thought the photo would be fun, so I activate the camera mode http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3743/wohd20081124171759jpgdf2.jpg By resuming the race i heard a surprising "new lap record," I checked and I see a cheater's time of 0.04.95 ??? http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5672/wohd20081124172138jpgcv8.jpg. Shocked, I was stupid to leave the race rather than repeat.So, I couldn't go online without updating this new "record". I was obliged to delete my backup of HD and I'm going to retype the whole campaign. I think this misadventure will remind some a game called "fusion" that allowed the advantageous respawn . I hope that there will be clarification by Sony Liverpool on this bug, which I hope is truly exceptional, because otherwise it will remove any interest in making the sl and TT (at least for me), which the title of the thread.

Mad-Ice
24th November 2008, 05:10 PM
Amazing! You sure beated me now! I hope everything will be fine and that this is a one timer?

kanar
24th November 2008, 05:18 PM
Fantastic new world record leungbok lol. I know it cost you a lot (damn all your elite campaign!!!). I think we need an update quickly (it's not JUST a bug, you know?), if it happened to you it can happen to someone else. And I'm not sure everyone is ready to erase his saved game just to keep the ranking table safe?... I'll do my best to break that 4.00 secs barrier on sol2 tonight lol

OBH
24th November 2008, 05:33 PM
wow, beating the current world record by about a minute thirty :) thats good going!

leungbok
24th November 2008, 05:43 PM
Lol Kanar, but i still have all my trophies, ghosts and online rankings. I wil do the campaign in easy mode, like the tt and sl contests, now that it's available (no time to loose on this again) :g

lunar
24th November 2008, 07:35 PM
:clap for your determination to keep the tables sensible, Leungbok. There is a weird times bug somewhere in the game. I noticed I have a best SR for Anulpha Pass of 46 seconds. Not as good as your 4.95 on Sol2, but still quite impressive! I noticed this way too late to take the action you have taken, but fortunately this time of mine never updates onto the leader boards. I wonder if your bug and mine could have the same cause, but I have no clue what it could be.

TheFrostE
24th November 2008, 09:11 PM
that first photo is breathtaking, ill be on tonight to work on beating it ;)

abukii
1st December 2008, 07:53 AM
Wow...that is amazing. I have found sooo many bugs and glitches it truly scares me,but you have the photos to prove it. And I do agree, the first photo is masterfully done.
Cheers

JJPAP
4th December 2008, 12:06 PM
Same here, as Lunar. It seems I have broken the physical laws of WO, SR (Phantom) as well.
Chenghou Project: 36.03
Vineta K Reverse: 26.01
Sol2 Reverse: 1.04.31 (about 13 sec. per lap - so more or less only a third the speed of Leungbok!).
Fortunately none of these insane times appear on the online record-boards.
But there seems to be a problem with SR in general. Almost none of my best times (within the physical laws!), has been uploaded.