PDA

View Full Version : HD Patch 1.20?

djKyoto
21st November 2008, 09:59 AM
Just been asked to get this (after it stalling on me).

It's 9304kb. I didn't know another patch was comming out. Anybody got any info on what it does? (nothing on google) Judging by the size it's probably just a patch to fix some techinical issues.

xtriko
21st November 2008, 10:05 AM
Some changes on the campaign. now all modes have easy, normal and hard.
but the cool thing is the online changes. as all we know, there are games that got 8 players but the host doesnt' start it. now, when a game get half grid, the game will auto-start in 1minute. 20 secs for 8players. :)

cnmth
21st November 2008, 10:25 AM
Sounds good :)

Got a day off today! so will fire up my ps3 in a sec and test it out :)

Asayyeah
21st November 2008, 10:27 AM
i am getting the road down to le Havre in the next min so i ll DL that patch asap when i am at home :)
Thx Mauro for the news

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 10:43 AM
That should get some people back into playing HD as I noticed a hell of a lot had given up.

The online autostart is good,but will be a bit of a pain when trying to organize a BLING GG I think,supposed to having two tomorrow....see what happens.

I wonder if the problem with people not being able to see a game up on the board if the friends filter is applied has been fixed,hope so,that's a real headache.

lunar
21st November 2008, 11:52 AM
Got a day off today! so will fire up my ps3 in a sec and test it out :)

You lucky so and so, wouldn`t mind a long weekend myself. :)

Great to know the game is still getting support. Hope to test this online with you all this weekend.

b4p
21st November 2008, 12:23 PM
how do the campaign changes effect the elite campaign trophy? Is there still an elite mode? I was near the end of that one.

Did they change the AI any at all? I swear that elite AI cheats!

rdmx
21st November 2008, 12:30 PM
I hope elite level time trials aren't harder! Otherwise I can say good bye to elite campaign.

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 12:33 PM
I just noticed a bit of a problem since the update.

Just has a race with 8 players,4 joined almost straight after I did,the autostart kicked in before the last of those four had chosen a craft.

The game starts,but it was like when your waiting for somebody during a tournament with 4 names hanging there on the screen saying waiting for [insert 4 names]

Then 4 crafts on the grid appear and straight away those last 4 names wev'e been waiting for come up one by one as having left the game before to GO.

It has to be due to the new patch,as before the only way you could quit was once the race had actually started.

OH Dear,this doesn't look good I'm sorry to say.

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 12:37 PM
No Elite is still their,it's just like Racebox except now selectable in Campaign as well now.
The thing is you can get gold at the lower settings in TT and Speed Lap but you still need to beat the Elite AI to get the trophies that demand it.

H3avyM3tal
21st November 2008, 12:49 PM
It didn't let me download any patch, but instead it is messed up at the online join game screen... What is going on?

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 01:00 PM
Did you close the game down and then start it up again?
It might not let you go online again until you have the patch installed.

Sideshow
21st November 2008, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure I'm following what this does - you've always been able to have the AI as Elite in Campaign mode...?

H3avyM3tal
21st November 2008, 01:41 PM
I tried shutting down everything several times, still no go. Also, it freezes now at the join game screen... Damn...

darkfaerytales
21st November 2008, 01:53 PM
but why on earth it is that after 2 months they still keep up to releasing these damn useless patches instead of give us something real!!

it's that all ?! only 2 useless options and no more...

i see why pretty much of the people are just giving up with the game

dobyblue
21st November 2008, 01:54 PM
I swear that elite AI cheats!

I have no doubt it does.
I'm trying to do the 8 race Elite in Meltdown, one of only three Elite cells left to claim, and I can get the first three in first place, then I get attacked left, right and centre in Chengou and get a DNF.

My ass gets blasted off the side of Sol2 at every corner it seems, totally unrealistic!!!!

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 02:31 PM
They have made it easier in Speed Lap and Time Trial.
You can now try for Novice Times,Skilled Times or Elite Times.

Yes the Elite AI are still a [cheating] pain to beat,and I bet apart from the 8 race elite tourney the other two cells you need gold on are Chenghou and Sol2 or Sebenco.

Try using AG-Systems for the tournament and Feisar for Chenghou and Sol2 and don't barrel roll on Chenghou for the first 2 laps of Phantom against the elite AI,you use up too much shields for to little gain,absorb all except turbos and autopilots.
Have a look in the tips and tricks thread,I posted the best way I could find to beat them in meltdown.

ProblemSolver
21st November 2008, 02:49 PM
I will check out the ZONE mode. Perhaps they have improved the wall
collision code a bit. There are some strange effect if you get into very high
zones. I will write about that issue later on in the 'Bug Reports' thread.

Rubix42
21st November 2008, 03:13 PM
It'll be nice to fire this up again. I've been a bit absent the last little bit because of the holiday season releases, gotta play my new games too ya know!

crawdad62
21st November 2008, 03:18 PM
I didn't get any update but now all the online races are blank as far as who's hosting. First time I fired the game up it froze and I had to do a soft shutdown to get out. Hmmmm.

OBH
21st November 2008, 03:30 PM
only had 2 games on new patch.
only thing i noticed was quicker refreshing of rooms, and the record table syncs before you enter, so now loading up each tracks scores one at a time.

b4p
21st November 2008, 03:34 PM

does this in any way effect the elite campaign trophy? I hope it doesnt add more requirements.

edit: sorry about all the questions; i'm not able to play until tonight :(

H3avyM3tal
21st November 2008, 03:37 PM
I didn't get any update but now all the online races are blank as far as who's hosting. First time I fired the game up it froze and I had to do a soft shutdown to get out. Hmmmm.

Seems like we have the same problem :S

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 04:09 PM
It doesn't effect the elite campaign trophy,you still have to beat the Elite AI as you did before.
The only difference is now when you go into a TT or SL cell it will have three skill levels....Novice,Skilled and Elite.
The Elite one is the original time you would of had to of beat before the other two were added.

Avenger2197
21st November 2008, 04:45 PM
Does anyone know when the US gets the patch? I have the feeling we are at the mercy of SCEA's update schedule:( I'd like to not have my game freeze on me when I'm in the online lobby.

Lance
21st November 2008, 04:52 PM
but why on earth it is that after 2 months they still keep up to releasing these damn useless patches instead of give us something real!!

They are releasing something real; they're trying to fix the problems that we've been complaining about here. Good on them!

Don't be so focussed on your desire for more ships that you don't think anything else is worthwhile.

darkfaerytales
21st November 2008, 05:01 PM
yes lance, maybe my reaction has been too excessive...

i will judge myself once i will have download this patch

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 05:02 PM
By the way the records seem to update really quickly now...YIPPY!:P

crawdad62
21st November 2008, 05:10 PM
Well I'm afraid that I'm going to have to wait until I can get the update to even play online. It just freezes every time now.

JABBERJAW
21st November 2008, 07:35 PM
Game just froze up on me when trying to join

Rubix42
21st November 2008, 09:28 PM
Go figure, a worldwide community and the patch is being released by region slowly. Nice one Sony.

Sorry if I sound upset, but with all the large scale roll-outs they do with system firmware and the like, you'd think they could just coordinate a time to release a patch.

Mad-Ice
21st November 2008, 09:40 PM
I was doing a speedlap session on Anulpha Pass and the game had a lot of stuttering. The game wasn't running smooth anymore!

rushin
21st November 2008, 10:02 PM
I'm enjoying the irony, the lobby auto launches now but both online games i tried froze for ~3min on the start grid 'waiting for' a few pilots. It did eventually start but by then everyone had quit.

oh dear o_o

Axel
21st November 2008, 10:19 PM
Hmmm it's empty in the lobby :(

djKyoto
21st November 2008, 10:41 PM
Basically they fixed up one foot and shot themselfs in the other.

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 11:09 PM
I was doing TT last night as there seemed so few racing and I noticed it wasn't running as smoothly either Mad-Ice, not terrible,but the sort of occasional glitch that you only used to suffer when you were online before.

blackwiggle
21st November 2008, 11:35 PM
RUSHIN.
Well since the patch reportedly was/has not been released in all area's at the same time, I'm guessing that those that still get/got online without it were the people you were waiting for.
It happened to me in the first race after the patch,see the first page on this topic for a description of what happened [seems Aus/Nz area servers were the first places to get the patch]

Asayyeah
21st November 2008, 11:58 PM
BlackW you should use the Edit function when you post few min or hours after a previous post of you.

I did the update : i am racing with Anthony offline atm : we did noticed those slowdowns happening quite frequently.

Unfortunately that is not surprising, it reminds me the Pulse DLC ships not playable online : seems each time they are trying to implement something related to multiplayer new bugs are appearing, or solving a bug may create several new others.

Good luck SL it's not an easy task :frown:

JABBERJAW
22nd November 2008, 12:22 AM
I am certainly not downloading anything until it's fixed

you were forced to, crap

darkfaerytales
22nd November 2008, 09:40 AM
umm no good...

i've read many things i don't like

H3avyM3tal
22nd November 2008, 12:45 PM
I fired it up this morning and got the messege to download the 1.20 patch. So I did, and everything seems to work right now. No stuttering whatsoever, or any problems that I could see.

meebs
22nd November 2008, 03:52 PM
I was doing a speedlap session on Anulpha Pass and the game had a lot of stuttering. The game wasn't running smooth anymore!

I noticed the same thing on Anulpha Pass. It slowed down right before the ramp to go to the upper level.

Also noticed slowdown on Ubermall right after the big crest, I BR'ed and when i boosted it chugged a bit. I was on Rapier in both instances.

Darkdrium777
22nd November 2008, 09:04 PM
You can delete the game from your hard disk and re-download it, play offline only so you'll have version 1.00 (But then you have the friend's list bug :blarg, so DO NOT go online! And back up your save before deleting WOHD)
Well looks like I'll be sitting this one out. :s

love9sick
22nd November 2008, 10:29 PM
Good to see another useful patch. :nod

H3avyM3tal
22nd November 2008, 11:10 PM
I can't be the only one to have everything working correctly with this patch, can I?

djKyoto
22nd November 2008, 11:36 PM
No issues with 1.20 here.. other than the odd game hanging at the start.

trentdf
23rd November 2008, 01:54 AM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
i find this thread AS the patch is downloading...
hope it doesnt screw me

lunar
23rd November 2008, 02:32 PM
the patch has worked fine for me so far. Could the slow down that`s been seen be related to display resolution? I`m on SD and the frame rate is fine. I don`t know if this idea makes technical sense however.

Connavar
23rd November 2008, 03:05 PM
seeing a lot of frame-rate hiccups on chenghou project, it must be a bug because it's 100% smooth and at like 4 spots in the track, the game suddenly stops for a split-second... never happened before

H3avyM3tal
23rd November 2008, 03:26 PM
I don't think its happening with me, thought I will check it in a couple of days. But honestly, I'm flying at 1080p and everything seems to be a.ok.

pildog
23rd November 2008, 04:36 PM
I haven't had any slow-downs, but I have had some games freeze on me as I was selecting my ship.

Axel
23rd November 2008, 08:57 PM
Could be the HDMI cable. Maybe they have changed something in the game that some HDMI cables are not able to deal with. I notice that when I play the game on my SD, everything is fine. but now on my 1080p TV, it does hiccup now and then when it didn't before.

Yes, I have a cheap HDMI cable :P

blackwiggle
24th November 2008, 02:10 AM
seeing a lot of frame-rate hiccups on chenghou project, it must be a bug because it's 100% smooth and at like 4 spots in the track, the game suddenly stops for a split-second... never happened before

I noticed that,but I also noticed that it tends to happen just before a split time appears.

metalpancake
24th November 2008, 10:23 AM
I have had no problems with the patch, but I think I noticed something else that the patch has changed.

I was playing a single race on anulpha pass at phantom, in first position, when suddenly I got hit by a bomb.
To me this indicates that they may have got rid of the detonation timer.
I like this because it may help with elite AI and online mode:P

H3avyM3tal
24th November 2008, 11:21 AM
What do you mean? I still see bombs detonate on itselves after a lap. I think the timer is still there I think.

Hacker X
24th November 2008, 02:12 PM
Did SL incorporate AI leveling now? I've been playing campaign tournaments that seem to start out kind of easy, then gets crazy difficult as the AI seems to get extremely aggressive, and harder to catch up to on the later tracks. I experienced this on Dropzone tournies last night.

H3avyM3tal
24th November 2008, 02:21 PM
Well, to me the AI is still skilled on Elite (no pun intended). Still can win on the regular courses preety easy, but much harder (As before) with courses like Uber or CHenghou or Sebenco.

Hacker X
24th November 2008, 02:34 PM
Well, to me the AI is still skilled on Elite (no pun intended). Still can win on the regular courses preety easy, but much harder (As before) with courses like Uber or CHenghou or Sebenco.

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to say that I have the level on Skilled and it seems to get harder on the later tracks when playing tourney. I'll go back to Elite later as the game already gets frustrating enough when you're getting hammered by the AI's constant weapon barrage just on skilled. Even as a veteran Wipeout fan, the weapons can make for an extreme annoyance at times. One thing they definately have to fix is balancing. If the AI can hit you with a missile, rocket, or shockwave and cripple your ship to a stop, then they should get the same treatment when you nail them, rather than them just kind of slowing a bit and shaking it off. lol.

b4p
24th November 2008, 03:03 PM
Did SL incorporate AI leveling now?

i have not yet run the latest patch, and i played dropzone last night. it was the same way for me

dobyblue
24th November 2008, 07:26 PM

Yes the Elite AI are still a [cheating] pain to beat,and I bet apart from the 8 race elite tourney the other two cells you need gold on are Chenghou and Sol2 or Sebenco.

Ha, ha, bingo! Chengou and Sol2.

Try using AG-Systems for the tournament and Feisar for Chenghou and Sol2 and don't barrel roll on Chenghou for the first 2 laps of Phantom against the elite AI,you use up too much shields for to little gain,absorb all except turbos and autopilots.
Have a look in the tips and tricks thread,I posted the best way I could find to beat them in meltdown.

Funny, I don't race with AG-Systems very often, but that is the ship I used to get the 8-race trophy. I normally use Feisar for phantom racing, I will check out the tips for Chengou and Sol2 though.

Connavar
25th November 2008, 12:49 PM
The game didn't slow down anymore like before, on Chenghou Project, so I can't pinpoint the exact reason ... maybe the PS3 was doing stuff in the background?

Ha, ha, bingo! Chengou and Sol2.

Funny, I don't race with AG-Systems very often, but that is the ship I used to get the 8-race trophy. I normally use Feisar for phantom racing, I will check out the tips for Chengou and Sol2 though.

If I may, Chenghou Project: Feisar ship, go to #1 spot as fast as you can, to avoid all the middle fight, use barrel rolls and turbos (absorb the other items), should be #1 in the lap 2, if you are 3 seconds behind on lap 3, you can already restart. Once there, that's the hardest part: surviving, the AI is going to throw missiles, quakes and more, keep barrel rolling, and prey to receive a shield!

darkfaerytales
1st December 2008, 09:11 PM
i've read around many people had suffer lag problems ,stutter game and lost of fluidity and other minor bugs after download 1.2 patch, all really annoying issues, i've already have sudden problems of frame rates , in the last days my game had begin to lose frames in certain circumstances or certain tracks and really i do not know why, maybe after the last 1.1 download and i've discover these bugs only now,'cause i'm sure 100% that my game just after being downloaded and the month after have never sufferred any frame rate lost

so what i should do? try to download 1.2 patch and risk?

blackwiggle
1st December 2008, 10:43 PM
I"ve found it seems to be related to the amount of friends activity alerts that are popping up on your screen,also just around the same time a split time appears.
Something or things are causing small interrupts to the game now where it didn't happen before,well not as noticeably.

Axel
1st December 2008, 10:56 PM
Just download it mate. It only slows down when your friends are signing in which you can always turn off. Besides you will be missing out from all the multi player fun dude.

Darkdrium777
2nd December 2008, 02:14 AM
Yes, disable the message and logon notifications. It solves the micro stutters you may experience. Although it sucks because you will never know when people will send you a message when you play :(

darkfaerytales
2nd December 2008, 03:04 AM
so...you say that if i disable the notifications the stutters will dissapear?
what it have to do...i have stutters on metropia always in the same point of the track, on moa therma in the " flatlander trophy " point of the track and occasionally when there's big mess on screen, i have a full hd samsung series 5 new purchased six months ago...is it normal? you tell me that the problem is the notification on screen, i have race always off-line , till yesterday i've my adsl disabled...
so...

blackwiggle
2nd December 2008, 04:03 AM
It's not racing online that makes any difference.
It's the fact that when people on your friends list log in or out or send you a message,anything that sends an alert that pops up on the top right of your screen.
That's what is what we have found that is causing the glitches.

If you say you are getting problems at exactly the same place on those tracks,well I would suspect that an area on your hard drive that holds that game information is mis reading that sector.
The cause of that could be when you originally downloaded WOHD it was over a sector of your HD that had previously had something else on it [game demos for example]that had repeatably been written to/erased on a few occasions,leaving a bad disc sector that is only now starting to make it's presence known.

Sideshow
2nd December 2008, 11:08 AM
That's something Sony will hopefully fix in a patch sometime; I don't give a crap when my friends become online/offline, but I do want to see when I get a message. Lumping both together in the one disable option is retarded.

darkfaerytales
2nd December 2008, 02:39 PM
blackwidge, when i've dowloaded wohd on 25 semptember 6 p.m. i've practically nothing on my ps3 harddisk then i've never deleted nothing a apart maybe some photos and a couple of downloaded mp3...so sincerelly i don't understand, i still breaking my head trying to know what it could be, i'm sure this stutters do not exist the first times i've start to play wohd
what i could do now?

Lance
2nd December 2008, 08:12 PM
This is the third time I've had to merge a new thread on the subject of the 1.20 patch with an already existing earlier thread. Please do not start another one. [glares at the ir/responsible persons who know whom they are]

-------

And please stay on topic, gentlemen; this is not a piloting tips thread.

darkfaerytales
3rd December 2008, 03:52 PM
ok, sorry lance
by the way, anyone can help me? what could be to cause this stutters

p.s. sorry if maybe do not have understand well this already, but what do the new patch? adds difficulty levels on SL zone and TT on racebox?

lunar
3rd December 2008, 06:04 PM
Lumping both together in the one disable option is retarded.

Yes I agree that online/offline notifications and message notifications should be enabled seperately. Hopefully in future firmware.

I had my first taste of post 1.20 issues. I get a mini freeze sometimes on Metropia, just before the start/finish. It`s relatively rare, but I think it`s always in the same place and not related to friends notifications.

darkfaerytales
3rd December 2008, 06:34 PM
ok lunar listen to me, this freeze occurs in the stripped section hairpin just before start grid?

everytime i pass on that section of metropia forward or revese, even in zone mode , my game stutter, but when i use an autopilot it do not occurs...

p.s. i'm still playing with 1.1 version of the game

lunar
3rd December 2008, 07:52 PM
I would say it`s there, yes. Probably just as you are coming out of the bend on forward. It doesn`t happen every lap to me, and I haven`t seen it on reverse, but sounds like the same place. I never had it before 1.2, but you aren`t on 1.2, so who knows?

darkfaerytales
3rd December 2008, 08:33 PM
i'm pretty sure i haven't any of these stutters problems before 1.1 patch, my game did run smooth as hell i remenber well, yes now stutters occurs when you bend your ship to extreme like on the " flatlander trophy " part on moa therma
i'm back now from a little woHD session and i've noticed some micro-tear on screen...what it could be really don't know

some of you do know if this could have to do with ps3 hardware problems?

blackwiggle
4th December 2008, 02:06 AM
Why don't you download the new patch?
If your game is already having problems without it [1.1 patch], you have nothing to lose by trying it.[1.2 patch]
If it actually makes it even worse [I doubt this will be the case because I'm under the impression something else is happening here]you could get a USB stick and put all your saved game data and ghosts on that.
Then delete the game and saved data from your PS3,then download and reinstall the game from the PStore,update to the latest patch again,then reinstall your game save data back to your PS3.
If the problem is still happening after going through the deletion and re installation of the game,well I'd say it's a problem with a sector of you hard drive.
You could download another game of the same size prior to re installing WO HD that would take up that sector of the disc,then WOHD would be installed on a previously unused sector when you download it afterwards.
If you still have problems after that,then you might need to change you hard drive.

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 03:31 AM
i have fear the new patch bring on new issues...

are you sure the method you described work ,friend?
the strange thing is that my ps3 has roughly 6 months and wipeout hd was actually the first game i've download...these stutters and tears aren't there a month ago...if it isn't the patch , what could be?
you know if maybe the more stuff you have on your hard disk stored, could cause these kind of problems? i have a 40 giga , now i have 24 giga free space, this is strange too ,anyway...cause 24 giga free aren't few
could be the hdmi cable or the tv monitor?

i have a samsung 32" LE32A558p3 full HD lcd , do you know this TV model?

blackwiggle
4th December 2008, 07:13 AM
HDMI problem most likely,but you say you did not have this problem before the 1.1 patch,plus the fact that it happens at the same spot on the same tracks every time makes me doubt it,but HDMI is the cause of so many problems it would not surprise me if a new one appeared.

Have you tried no HDMI?
Try component instead at 720p and see if the problem is still happening,then you will of narrowed down what the problem might be.

If you have a lot of music in different formats [MP3,AAC etc]that might cause a problem.

Have you got a personal playlist that you use for WO?
If you have, try going back to the default soundtrack and see if the problem still happens.

The only way to nail what the problem is,is by going through the whole thing methodically, eliminating possibilities along the way.

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 03:34 PM
now, that you have point it ,yes god, i've a lot of music in different format,damn! i have create a lot of playlist a lot, i have all mp3 and one or two wma that as you know i do not can play with wipeout...

sincerelly i have suspect this from times, that could be the music since now that you do me to think it all start when i've begin to load a lot of music

another fact is, i have a very long hdmi cable, i've listen around that hdmi cables should be the shorter possible? is it true? but my hdmi cable have gold connectors does it count?

when i play the game with default playlist the problem remains, another strange thing to point is that in the selection screen when you can rotate and observe the ships sometimes appears little whites between the seams , for exemple ag-sys left side beetwen the seams of its nose pannels, or on the feisar when you look at it from the front inside the nose air vent
sometimes if you pay attention can spot those white tiny points in the conjunction seams on the tracks
is the game that a part the known astonishing graphics have this little flaws or could be another problem of mine?

ah i've try to run hdmi at 720p the problems dissapears , and another strange thing when i race with the internal view at 1080p there aren't problems too, all run smooth ( i'm not sure about the distant view i run always with external close )

that's all my experience friend
and thank you very much for all the attention and suggestion you still give to me mate

blackwiggle
4th December 2008, 09:17 PM
Well if you tried HDMI at 720p and it was OK that means you are getting signal loss,white snowing effect is also caused by signal loss.
It doesn't matter if the HDMI cable is gold plated at the ends,what matters is both the length and the quality [thickness of cable usually gives this away]

I've got a 5m HDMI cable of good quality that is well shielded [thick]
Anything over 5m really needs a HDMI signal booster.

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 10:07 PM
yes at 720p all is ok, no slowdowns anymore, but this white snowing effect even if reduced is still present and noticeable, i've also big problems of aliasing i think, i have to ask if wipeout HD have anti-aliasing or not cause in my game there isn't a line who isn't squared distort and jagged like the ones you do with microsoft paint...

my cable is 2m long gold plated 1cm thick, but i've pay it 15 euro so it's likely a cheap price

so you're able to confirm me that all these problems have to do with signal loss , caused by hdmi cable and not hardware problems?

b4p
4th December 2008, 10:43 PM
i have the aliasing and snow, and had it before 1.2.

I think the snow is because of my cheap $1 HDMI cable. The snow is most noticeable in vineta k. It's VERY subtle and I rarely notice it. It's actually more of a graininess; it might be different than what you're seeing.

I have no idea what's causing the aliasing. The tv says it's running at 1080p.

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 10:49 PM
ok friend , and friends , i've started a thread dedicated to these issues because the thing still become very annoying for me ( and for other people too as it seems )

---------

bytheway friend, just for know that, what is your TV model?

b4p
4th December 2008, 10:59 PM
KDL-46XBR2
Sony XBR2 46"

Axel
6th December 2008, 12:56 AM
Ok I've noticed the slowdowns and I'm playing the game on a standard TV. This isn't good because at first the game was super smooth with no issues. I think it's to do with the sound and the friends online/offline thingy bob.

It doesn't happen all the time, but when I go over a weapon pad and someone fires a missile, the announcement kinda fubars the frame rate.