PDA

View Full Version : team racing / 1 on 1s??

OBH
17th November 2008, 03:41 PM
hi guys.
after a great avalon weekend i was wondering if there is any team racing leagues going on?? or any 1v1 leagues??

I imagine it could be a real nightmare trying to get everyone online at the same time due to race in team games, but 1 on 1s would be easy - set up a schedule, 1 opponent each week, and those against each other arrange it in their own time :)

kaori
5th December 2008, 08:00 PM
Great idea! Normal can I say, I have the same one year ago :D
On WipEout Arena, we have done two tournaments on WipEout Pulse, and one on WipEout HD. Semi-finals are going to play : me vs ExpitariuS and leungbok vs kanar.
For 2009, why not do an international tournament?
One round by month.
I invite people to show your interest in this competition "head to head" here.

kaori
26th December 2008, 11:02 AM
New season on WipEout arEna.
If there are participants here, I can post here the results and schedule/calendar.

Registration is open, I detail the rules of those duels mode Avalon:

1. The drivers race in a duel on 7 circuits without weapons. Whoever wins the most rounds is qualified.
2. The seven tracks will be imposed by lot.
3. Each driver chooses his category in which he want play (Venom, Flash, Rapier and Phantom).
4. If the pilots are in the same category, no worries.
5. If the two pilots did not have the same category, the first 4 races slow category, the last 3 speedy category.
6. In the extremely rare case but possible where there is a tie (by
Example 3 victories each over a former eaquo), match on the
last circuit where there is equality.

Calendar:
First round: 15 January to 14 February
Second round: 15 February to 14 March
etc, a round by month, everything depends on number of participants.

You have to take Rendez-Vous with your opponents (eg by message on PSN).

kaori714 / phantom / france / AG-Systems
kanar / phantom / france / Icaras
leungbok / phantom /france / AG-Systems
wotan998 / phantom / france / AG-Systems
kingheim / phantom / france / EG-X
AKRO2 / phantom / france/ Feisar
jimmyRIV / rapier / france / Goteki 45
RJ O'Connell / phantom / united states / Feisar
eLhabib / phantom / austria / Auricom
djKyoto / phantom / australia / AG-Systems
Haydn / phantom / england / Harimau
Wellington / phantom / england / Feisar
ExpitariuS / phantom / france / AG-Systems
lude22vti / phantom / france / Assegaï
KIGO1987 / phantom / australia / EG-X

kanar
26th December 2008, 11:13 AM
hi kaori, I'm in for that + sorry, I just saw your PM on arena:paperbag

eLhabib
28th December 2008, 03:49 PM
I'd like to join this event! I'm racing phantom for Austria :P

Edit: how about setting up a rule that players must stick to their team of choice?

RJ O'Connell
28th December 2008, 04:13 PM
I don't think we'll see a lot of team switching in this event. Most of us are very loyal.

Unless you're like me and trying to pad every ship's loyalty points through 12 race tourneys when not competing :g Right now I need a teammate!

djKyoto
28th December 2008, 10:14 PM
I don't really understand this yet, but yeah, Phantom / AG-Systems here...

kaori
28th December 2008, 10:49 PM
It's like a tennis tournament.

OBH
28th December 2008, 11:40 PM
of course im in :)

chaos80
4th January 2009, 02:31 PM
Haydn, your way of trying to increase your chances of breaking more track records with this 1 on 1 thing? :D

OBH
4th January 2009, 03:48 PM
that hadnt crossed my mind...... but thats a fine idea! :beer

chaos80
4th January 2009, 03:50 PM
Riiiiiiight! :lol :+

leungbok
4th January 2009, 04:52 PM
Haydn, your way of trying to increase your chances of breaking more track records with this 1 on 1 thing? :D
I think, guys, that "avalon style" means without weapons, so it'll be hard to break top speed scores without 5 or more boost, no ?
;)

chaos80
4th January 2009, 05:05 PM
But avalon is with and without, if I'm not wrong? :?
If it's just without weapons, than it was my bad for not reading thouroly! :(
But thanks for pointing it out Leungbok.... Only shows that you should read the thread completely before you attempt at sarcastic jokes.

leungbok
4th January 2009, 05:48 PM
Kaori refers at Kanar's avalon, and traditionaly those events are without weapons. Kanar added recently weapon races to satisfy the fighter pilots;)

KIGO1987
4th January 2009, 06:42 PM
Hmmm. I might participate in this. Ive got til the 14th to register right? Ill PM you later about that Kaori. But im kinda a freelance, wildcard pilot who goes online when he has spare moments, then at random schedules goes offline again, due to real life duties. But one thing is a certain, im very interested in participating :)

Wellington86
5th January 2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah I'm up for this, put me down :). (Feisar/Phantom)

kaori
14th January 2009, 11:47 AM
It's the last day if you want to participate!!!

kaori
15th January 2009, 12:56 PM
Let's go, I made the schedule!
Add your rival on your friendlist. Good luck all.

(Do you think I should create a new topic?)

http://i66.servimg.com/u/f66/12/06/70/68/tablea10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=87&u=12067068)

kanar
15th January 2009, 04:06 PM
maybe you should ask by pm Task or Infoxicated. Nice board mate by the way. But I really don't like the toss. LOL.

KIGO1987
15th January 2009, 04:22 PM
Ah, Leungbok, buddy. I get to race you. If i get to the quaters i think i might get to race my sister ship. Damn i get put up againest all the frenchies there. So. These racers are with all weapons on right?

kaori
15th January 2009, 04:55 PM
:naughty, 100% no weapons, it's an event "avalon approved".
Even if maybe I created that before avalon? It was in march, 25th ;)

But I hear you Kigo, why not an one-day event, head-to-head with weapons :D

kanar
15th January 2009, 04:59 PM
I've better : let's do the same stuff... twice! Let's play a mirror tournament, weapons on! A second chance for the looser to pass the round in the mirror tournament! What you think?

KIGO1987
15th January 2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah. Head to head with weapons sound better. Nothing better than letting a few plasmas loose on the track, followed by dropping a few mines.

kaori
15th January 2009, 05:14 PM
I agree with you kanar, for say true, I have thought the same thing when I saw Kigo's post, but I didn't dare...

When the first matches will be played, I add the second board weapons ON!

leungbok
15th January 2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah. Head to head with weapons sound better. Nothing better than letting a few plasmas loose on the track, followed by dropping a few mines.
Don't even think about a backquake now ;)
(lol, i miss that in Hd)

KIGO1987
15th January 2009, 05:39 PM
No time for backwards quakes these days. If only all these HD newbies understood what a power tactic that was, then they wouldnt be so cocky, lol. Couldnt do that even if i wanted to leungbok. The races are too tight between us to resort to those backwards quakes. Looking forward though:g

leungbok
15th January 2009, 05:46 PM
happily, we still can use the reverse backquakes :lol

djKyoto
18th January 2009, 01:29 PM
Just noticed, out of the 32 races, the ones that aren't there twice are Ubermall R, Sol 2 and both Sebenco's.

Basically all my favorite tracks, lol. But It won't probably matter as i'll most likey lose in the first round. :D

eLhabib
18th January 2009, 01:35 PM
I'll certainly try and make you ;) But then I haven't raced anyone for over a week now, due to that effin' server issue...
Oh and those are some of my favorite tracks as well... :(