PDA

View Full Version : avalon : nov 28/29/30 (back for more)

kanar
17th November 2008, 10:12 AM
"Racing To Death":guitar

'theatrical" trailers:8)
http://files.filefront.com/paradiseAVI/;12393379;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/symphonyAVI/;12393427;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/warAVI/;12393495;/fileinfo.html

Last event of the year:xtree... avalon XV... hope to race most of you guys for this next -insane- week-end!

(All tracks), phantom class, 3 races per track, only the third with guns. Best no gun times quoted.

Estimated host schedule (Kanar, no filter, EUR ZONE, GMT) :coffee:
friday : 16:00 to 03:30
Saturday : 12:30 to 00:30
Sunday : 14:30 to 20:30

Direct feed/chatbox :
http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net/ (arena chatbox if you're logged)
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4 (avalon racing league)

current times :robot:
vineta k : Mad-Ice 1.43.99
anulpha : Mad-Ice 1.53.61
moa : Mad Ice 2.02.89
shenghou : Mad ice 2.06.24
metropia : Mad ice 1.48.75
sebenco : elhabib 2.03.81
ubermall : Wellington86 1.53.53
sol2 : il_Nik 1.46.83
REVERSE
vineta k : Wellington86 1.43.24
anulpha : Mad ice 1.54.82
moa : Mad Ice 2.03.66
shenghou : Wellington86 2.02.13
metropia : Amorbis 1.48.26
sebenco : Wellington86 2.01.99
ubermall : Wellington86 1.53.75
sol2 : Leungbok 1.50.77

Overall Mvp :mr-t: Wellington86
Bling Brigade (best 8 wipers):cowboy Wellington86 - Mad-Ice - Amorbis - Haydn - Leungbok - Pirhapac - Kaori714 - TheFrostE
BLING BRIGADE 2:pirate AkFurtif - Chaos80 - Asymel - djKyoto - Klocki_LEGO - Figlarz - Expitarius - Asayyeah(&friends lol)

big thanks to : micky1984, avenger2197, jjohneames, baboussi, miharbi, comfynumbness,hobson,stranger27,ydtmakds,freak2001 ,pascoolito,filipki,aKfurtif, spiderwomen419, kaymana,kosznik,frozenmandarin, eurt,panhead8675, blackwiggle, hossradish,faran007, haydn, leungbok, quantum-avatar, jagrafess, whitewax, cfc100, chaos80, Amorbis, iAmbeer, greenix, kgb1971, fathaus, dementique, samy-fr,kasz1m,christopher29, ghost059, skullmcrex...Wellington86, theFrostE, gtp_rorschach, zackdem, kaori714,hosradish, martino,serialkiller9031, elklandestino,mad-ice, emwu23,doomrunner,akro2,il_nik, Asymel, alex23x,taarzaanz,djkyoto,simmel82,noobkilla,dixes 1,connavar, chboing, przemo-dsk,trentdf, ftaddict, naidem, andreadeluxe,tomn2501, pyrosis08,victor1988,alejess, ascariFX, pandemonic, badboyblake, hn9354, cleanwater,da1gamer,kwsabuk,vauldo1973,bobo1971,dr cheesey,wachipey,dobyblue,goldielocks13,bilouze,dp bthebest123,vic-vipert420,math88taup,plut8rch,vernonchrist, pan2maruda4,kikart,napiwochod,darkdream1,glaucos06 ,clemvst89,chemical_kenji,musashi78,asb15,tixu7,da mslecoyote,kingheim,dhampir81,bumbolio,fiz83,tidam 49,iqon77,kingsgambit,keenxd,ur-my-innersmile,pitbulldug,karbic,texasalex,shinmega,co urtneydl,nythlair,l-o-g-o,eilmalk,max40774,dobermann04, klocki_lego,expitarius, rushinmonkey,flx2x, annopirat,alejess,gully81,easydonkey,nashers, asythiate,akherion, charmander4ever,figlarz, crabbers78,chronos32,marydean,old_kyo,killzone79,e l-cerebro,tauzeroo, steluvsguitar, asayyeah, pirhapac, judus, kapteinvom,beeblebrox71,bignizzle656,qvique, freakyhijiki, raiden_mk, redsofagood,gomax85,effedieffe,djegou83,caller77,s pawn2882,mr escribansen,quali10, johnbaileys,hygenix, edbjer, xmit...vx13, cyrilsmithmp,mikele1984,jac666,figure_nine,arnold_ swartz,dantesinferno,shenlong,spino72,spartiate,od oubleu,hammerbro92,symush,suhaw,lopf,govin13,duken ukem72,mastamue,limanima,xel666,messybutt,andybob3 5,undertakoss,spoon56,guussieboy,oolproo,biloulech ef,thewormy,macptp,zitrax,fiz83,gorillabiscuits,go dslayer999,roukmoute,eLhabib,bruce1510,alr84,pince 85,darell,kaymana,mandrashee,vertago,gammelnok,Gui xsilver,Kigo1987,Soccermums,Julian59,Risbo6...

rdmx
17th November 2008, 10:20 AM
I'm not that great, but I'll try and make it this time round. Time zone is always a bit of a problem though.

OBH
17th November 2008, 03:06 PM
We'll see how things go. Might be raving in bristol that friday and saturday.

If im about ill deffinitly be there. Need to get my name on one of those times :D

djKyoto
18th November 2008, 12:13 AM
Could someone explain or link to me how this all works?

I'd be good if timezones permitted, and that I was allowed to enter. :D

kanar
18th November 2008, 08:39 AM
djkyoto,

you just have to join the lobby (don't apply host filters I think). I'll try to host long -extended timezone- sessions, alternating 3 races per track, only the third with guns. I won't go to bed if my lobby is full lol.

rdmx
18th November 2008, 08:52 AM
What times (and what timezone are you in) do you usually host?
I'll see if I can peel myself out of bed if it's not too early.

kanar
18th November 2008, 08:57 AM
Insertcoin, I've updated my first post with new GMT times (same as team anzac vs france) for saturday & sunday.

dobyblue
20th November 2008, 01:02 AM
Sat 12 GMT = 7am here in Ontario, Canada.
I'll do my best to get up for the first races...it'll be just like your average Formula 1 qualifying session.

lunar
20th November 2008, 01:41 AM
Avalon is becoming an institution 8) I will make an appearance, of course, and hope all the MIAs are able to make it next time. :+

Great trailers, especially the Beethoven one. :lol

kanar
20th November 2008, 11:56 AM
good news lunar, & lol thanks, this is my :dizzyweird/strange interpretation of this wiper universe... & worse, shot with a psp go!cam! Hope to race you soon!

djKyoto
21st November 2008, 09:49 AM
Looking forward to this.

Whoevers hosting (Lance, etc). Could I have your PSN's so I will be able to see your rooms? :D

kanar
21st November 2008, 10:18 AM
sure, Lance will host that soon lol... Well... it's just me. I'm alone all the we, I'm kind of addicted by wipeout & free to host a lot. There's only 8 slots but in 3 days & 6/7 hosting hours per sessions (yeah I know I'm insane), there's a good turnover, so everybody can join & play some good races. Hope to race you soon djkyoto

Avenger2197
21st November 2008, 04:49 PM
I'll be there as much as possible. I have to work(again), but free time is for Avalon, as always.:) I hope I can make a repeat performance on Chengou rev., and hopefully I'll suprise myself on other courses.:lol

Lance
21st November 2008, 05:26 PM
:D
It won't be me, kyoto, I don't have a PS3. Perhaps when pigs fly with their own built-in wings and cost less than 300 U.S. Dollars.

il_NIK
24th November 2008, 08:52 AM
Oh guys, this period is like hell by my work.

You know, I've a toy-shop, and I'm working hard from the first of nov (7 days a week...)

I think I wouldn't be with you on the next avalon days... :frown:

Also write in this fantastic and friendly forum is hard for me (same reasons).

Ok, back on work...

kanar
24th November 2008, 10:16 AM
il_Nik, I really hope you could jump in at least one or two race this week-end, I'll do my best to host like hell (last avalon event of the year lol). Anyway, thanks a lot for your interest. Hope to race you soon! -and I wish you the best for this christmas season-

Zackdem
24th November 2008, 01:09 PM
I'll try to come this time, just hope that I can connect on your session this time Kanar

pirahpac
24th November 2008, 08:08 PM
i ll be there this week end for defend my littles records reverse:banzai

kanar
25th November 2008, 09:10 AM
Zackdem : I hope too, my room has no filters as far as I know (but some people had the same problem as you).
Good to know Pirahpac, & good to see you here too, in the zone, doing your best to speak english lol. Keep it up, & see you this we!

Asayyeah
25th November 2008, 03:11 PM
Welcome Pirahpac :)
75% i won't be home in le Havre this weekend , if weather is not too bad ( snow & Ice ) i shall visit for the 1st time Matthéo ( E27-snow X ) in the east of France ( long time talking to him through msn )
He got ps3 and HD so we shall be competing to your Avalon together :)

djKyoto
26th November 2008, 02:28 AM
Just got 2nd on SC reverse Phantom online times. Right behind you Asayyeah. Got my work cut out this weekend 8)

OBH
26th November 2008, 09:03 AM
I deffinitley wont be about much on day one. Hopefully the rest of time i will be.

Made sure i practiced tracks i failed on last time, even (against all odds!) got my multiplayer phantom race chengou rev to rank 1.

Last time was good, hope this times better :)

djKyoto
26th November 2008, 09:51 AM
YOU STOLE MY #1 RANK HARUARGARARGAH. D:

:lol I still got forwards tho.

OBH
26th November 2008, 10:17 AM
Keep your eyes peeled son, cos hopefully it wont be for long ;)

kanar
26th November 2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks a lot guys for your interest!!!
Damn I just have 7 slots! LOL but I'll break all the timezones this time, for the last avalon party of the year. I have kind of "network solutions" too lol, I'm sure my friends Leungbok, Kaori (french connection lol) or maybe others will be able to deploy emergency reverse tracks host if necessary!

OBH
28th November 2008, 04:20 PM
hope i can get back on later, had a damn good first few races. rank 1 ubermall, nice :)
can see some big improvement in your flying kanar. you were right up there.

Mad-Ice
28th November 2008, 10:11 PM
It was a bit unexpected for me to be able to race with all of you guys tonight! It was tough after almost two weeks no HD. There was a lot of pushing around tonight and it was difficult to maintain the best racing lines, but anyway I managed to record some pretty intense races. I will upload them during the coming week. Thanks again and see you all hopefully soon.

Greetz Mad-Ice

djKyoto
28th November 2008, 11:19 PM
Man, that was intense. I keep getting bashed around a lot.

Also I have come to the conclusion that Wellington86 isn't human.

blackwiggle
29th November 2008, 12:43 AM
Chaos80 bang you around as well djKyoto?

I would like to see how his Assegei stands up to banging into KIGO1987's Triakis when it inevitably happens.:lol

KIGO1987
29th November 2008, 01:25 AM
Had a few mates that called me up at 9. They wanted to go out. So i did. Ill see if i can come to tonights sessions. Not really in the mood to spend a **** load of money again, rather just chill out at home.

leungbok
29th November 2008, 09:00 AM
Just got 2nd on SC reverse Phantom online times. Right behind you Asayyeah. Got my work cut out this weekend 8)

it seems that I have recovered my place just behind master Asa, last night during avalon ;)

djKyoto
29th November 2008, 12:40 PM
Party Pooper :p

I won't be around todays racing, but i'll be there for the last session.

OBH
29th November 2008, 03:02 PM
Good racing Leungbok :)

Amorbis
29th November 2008, 05:02 PM
Sorry that I haven't been able to race today, I'll see if I get can some racing in later. I'm still exhausted after yesterday's extreme session. Wellington was incredible, I could barely see him on the track! The rest of you were great too and I'm thankful I can race with such talent. Those records I set won't last for long at this rate!

OBH
29th November 2008, 08:50 PM
Great stuff. Sunday tomorrow, plenty of wipeout time :) Wellington sounds on great form, im desperate to get involved!

stin
29th November 2008, 09:08 PM
I`m no chance to play any wipeout due I`m just too busy for my project.

Hopefully, I will be back to normal after next weekend.

stevie:|

djKyoto
30th November 2008, 10:37 AM
When is todays sesson starting?

kanar
30th November 2008, 10:41 AM
14H30 GMT mate!

djKyoto
30th November 2008, 10:54 AM
12:30am here... Bit late for me, I may sneak in one or two races, but its getting on in the night for a monday morning. Have fun reguardless if I show up.

il_NIK
1st December 2008, 10:13 AM
I'm sorry.

As I told you, I wasn't with you on this fantastic Speed Party named "Avalon".

I'll be able to race with you (with my own poor ability) in the end of january-first february.

CYA Mates, great speed indeed!!!!! :+

kanar
1st December 2008, 10:24 AM
I'll be able to race with you (with my own poor ability)

LOL il_NIK, you rocked sol2 like no one else. Every wiper who joined us had a fantastic ability somewhere. Trying to manage phantom speed is already a great ability... Hope to race you soon, I'm not sure to organize myself something for december. But if you guys are interested, I'll try to organize next year a huge "avalon week-end featuring xxxx" (at least 2 ps3s, 2 hosts, 2 -or more- wipers at the same place + a direct link with the famous Toronto Wipeout Gathering). We fix a date, gather pilots, & let the beat goes on, Racing to Death lol. I definitely love this game, & this community.

OBH
1st December 2008, 12:01 PM
You should add the all time fastest times to the social group description.
Would be a shame to not have the fastest ever recorded, as well as the best from each weekend :)

KGB
1st December 2008, 01:50 PM
A quick thanks Kanar for hosting some great races.

Just think, with a little more luck, skill, speed and composure i might be able to finish second last. lol

Cheers KGB:+

kanar
1st December 2008, 02:22 PM
kgb1971, that's not true, keep it up, because you're already a great pilot! This is just all about practice, I should say insane practice lol. I was really happy you could join us for a bunch of races. WiPeR unity!

Figlarz
1st December 2008, 04:18 PM
I agree, kanar. Every race is sooo hard to win :D Even if i'm driving perfect, i can finish on 5th place. It's sad, that I didn't find any weak wiper in here, so I can't win too easily :P

Is anyone racing today ??? I think I have form :D

H3avyM3tal
3rd December 2008, 01:12 PM
I hope to race some of you this weekend. But I warn you, I am elergic to dust!

:lol

I will be on this weekend, so I will check back here for info, and I hope something will happen!

DJ Techno
4th December 2008, 08:15 PM
:D
It won't be me, kyoto, I don't have a PS3. Perhaps when pigs fly with their own built-in wings and cost less than 300 U.S. Dollars.

thats where you get off that cushy chair and find it at a pawn shop or somewhere...even out of florida.

yeah....

Lance
4th December 2008, 10:14 PM
I don't sit in a cushy chair, I prefer to live on the floor. I already wAlked to the pawn shop long before making that post. They have PS2s, but not PS3s. Nobody around here is giving those up yet. And the price for one would still be extravagant. Even the PSPs in the pawn shop are overpriced at approximately 70 percent of the cost of a new one, even though they have damaged screens. No way am I paying 70 percent of new cost for a used PS3. Only the PS2s and the Nintendo stuff are priced realistically. If i'm going to buy used equipment, I want to see it in person; that would make it not worthwhile to order used equipment online, nor would I spend the cash to go outside Florida to buy a PS3; there would be no advantage in that, but in fact a disadvantage.

Next time you're about to offer advice, first consider that I know my situation and the local price structure and hardware availability and where to buy it better than you do.

kanar
5th December 2008, 07:32 AM
Lance, I really hope to race you one day. Maybe next year, ps3 price cuts for sure. If you're ok guys, & for a last time, back to topic : thank you so much to all who joined last week-end, great, huge, endless show. I'm taking a break this month regarding the hosting stuff, I'll be back January 09/10/11 (codename: avalon/MAGEC8)). Good races to all in the next days!

Asayyeah
5th December 2008, 09:52 AM
I am very happy to be invited by our international Avalon master : Kanar in Nîmes (south of france) for that MAGEC weekend 9to11th of january.
:rock

2009 will start as cool as 2008 was ( remember Romano, our fantastic new year's eve at Niko's place.)

WZ community ruleZ