PDA

View Full Version : Stupid messages/chat sessions

Pages : [1] 2

JABBERJAW
7th November 2008, 03:22 AM
I am pretty sure this does not exist on the zone yet, but someone accused me of pilot assist today online. So post your messages that you get, or what other nuts say to you on voice chat during an online game

1) "people like you ruin wipeout. Seriously bro too many of you use pilot assist"

first off, I didn't know I had a brother! woohoo! then once I got that giddiness out of my system I responded saying pa is slower, and I do not use it, and asked if he accused everyone ahead of him of cheating.

2) "lol I'm not accusing you of cheating and I know what pilot assist does. I'm just saying it ruins the fun. but oh well I can't stop you. have fun ; "

responded that noone else on top of the leaderboards uses it, and I do not. Was about to respond with an F yself, but will wait on that one. Or I could ask him if he would like some nice tips to improve his game, that might actually be better than the F thing.

blackwiggle
7th November 2008, 03:51 AM
Why not put him straight by directing him to the WOZF .

I'm sure once he was here and saw all the different threads and tips,[and looked up your name and the amount of posts you have here] he would crawl back to his bedroom red faced with his controller between his legs.

And I doubt that he would ever accuse anybody of using PA again.;)

JABBERJAW
7th November 2008, 04:10 AM
on my first reply that was friendlier I did just that. I guess he didn't show up.

Senture
7th November 2008, 04:22 AM
I've never had anyone say anything like this to me actually. I normally whoop everyone online so badly the all quit at the end of the session :lol

I can remember a single race we did on Sebenco Climb reverse Rapier Class. Only 1 of the other 7 finnished in the 30 seconds allowed, they all bailed out :hyper

blackwiggle
7th November 2008, 04:30 AM
You should race against that ALSARTWELL on that track,I did yesterday,he starts as soon as somebody else joins in so it's just you against him,didn't even give me a chance to change craft...just blamm here we go three times in a row.

He's fast though,I'll give him that,if just a tad unethical in his approach to other players

Darkdrium777
7th November 2008, 04:40 AM
I've had Senture call me a git, but that was because he was about to finish in first place and I threw him a missile :g

No insulting thus far, all those that suck too much either leave or stick around with some of their friends, and those that are good send good messages that I send back :)

Senture
7th November 2008, 06:00 AM
I've had Senture call me a git, but that was because he was about to finish in first place and I threw him a missile :g

I remember that, then I blew you up on Ubermall and you replied with "wow rockets..." :lol

guillaume
7th November 2008, 07:46 AM
You should race against that ALSARTWELL...
That's funny. :) Or is going to be. ;)

JABBERJAW
7th November 2008, 11:20 AM
unethical, I let you choose your ship, then start the race. Would you rather that I wait for another 10 minutes for people to join? At that time, there are not many online, and sometimes have already waited 5-10- minutes. The problem is, I would like to wait for another person, but by the time someone else joins, everyone else leaves. I had to wait about 7 minutes for a race when I joined someone else, because they wouldn't start without 8 people. I would rather just race, even if it is just one person. I'm glad you didn't quit 3 laps into the race though, and raced a bunch. Typically, I count to ten in between races for the person to switch ships, or another person to join. If the person is choosing a ship, I will wait.

lunar
7th November 2008, 12:11 PM
As I`m getting faster I`m finding Pilot Assist users less and less of a problem. Sometimes they`ll ruin your race by ramming you on lap 1 - as if they can keep you behind them like that for 5 laps :rolleyes: Annoying, but you get over it. If someone thinks you can use PA to get good results online, I think they don`t understand the game. Really, Asayyeah, Hellfire, RR etc are a much bigger danger than Pilot Assisters! 8)

Most non-WZ players who are fast seem to be pretty friendly. If someone kicks my arse I usually send them a friend request so I can find tough competition online. There are some great people out there, but some sore losers too, I suppose.

klax75
7th November 2008, 12:44 PM
Jabberjaw,

I just wanted to apologize when I played against you a little while ago on Sebenco Climb, on the second race I left during the race. I don't know what my deal was that day, granted that is not my favorite track, but no matter what I did I was crashing constantly, I even do Moa Therma after that and was all over the place. Plus for some reason people kept coming in to ask me questions. <sigh> I wouldn't have been able to keep up with you but still, just wanted to say sorry for leaving mid-event.

leungbok
7th November 2008, 02:36 PM
. Really, Asayyeah, Hellfire, RR etc are a much bigger danger than Pilot Assisters! 8)

Lol, definitely Lunar ! :lol
But the most dangerous is RR i think, he killed me 3 or 4 times last night online. :cold (and the damn guy is also very fast, like in pulse, hard to be safe from his missiles & rockets :lol). I'll try to avenge,RR, i swear ;)
You're right, the first lap is often difficult against PA users, but the worst is when you're first with comfortable advance, and then you hit a bomb leaved by the last pilot. It happened to me another time last night when i was first
with 3 sec. (thanks turbos) on the last lap on métropia and hitted a bomb, i was shooted by the 2nd and 3rd pilots and i finished 4th:brickwall

Al, i agree with you, sometimes you wait for minutes to fill the room and after the first lap 50% of the players leaves the races (often when they're far behind). I wait when i know the racers (from here or from the french wo website).
I want a revenge on sebenco reverse (i'm better on these track);). And i have questions, on sebenco forward (i didn't work a lot on these), do you perform a lot of br or it's just good trajectories & pitching ? You'll answer me, both, i'm sure :lol But i find hard to perform all the br on that track because of the scarce weapon pads we can find to regenerate. Did you finished our races with critical shields ?

crawdad62
7th November 2008, 02:39 PM
I've not had any bad messages. Usually just a blank friend request or something. Last night was pretty cool. I was on late and no one had any games going so I made a room with a 7 track tournament. I waited awhile and got a couple of guys. So it was a 3 man race. I was on fire since I'd been playing in campaign mode all evening so I was really on it. First race I blow the doors of the other two and of course one guy left. Man that fry's my cheese. Anyway the second race I win again and figured the other guy would leave but he stayed and actually gave me a good race on Sebenco since I'm not great with the Harimau and finished the rest of the tournament.

So I immediately invited him as a friend and told him I was happy he finished the tournament. He actually had messaged me the same time. Pretty cool guy and when I compared his trophies/times he was about like me.

Like I said I was on fire last night.

KIGO1987
7th November 2008, 02:46 PM
A few weeks ago i was in a room with a couple of other players. Very nice of them to call me "muawtha fuh kars" in the lobby serval times. I think they where french by there sound of the accent.

Both where flying Icarus "monoi and omenas", there names where. Bunch of rude fukers, i need a headset to reply to there comments, maybe there where pissed about being completly owned several times, lol. Also went into a room a few days ago and omenas was in there, he saw, he look, he though, a second later he left the room, probably he knew what his fate would of been if he sticked for the race.

leungbok
7th November 2008, 02:56 PM
There's is a french guy called "chiryu007" who insulted several pilots (not the least : Expitarius & Pirhapac as an example) with many pm at once. He's an extreme example of that sort of behavior, and this s****r is french :brickwall

Amorbis
7th November 2008, 03:15 PM
I have had quite an amusing conversation with Chiryu007. Every race ended with a message to me calling me "NOOOOOB" or equivalent and he was extremely rude and agressive. Its a shame seeing that he isn't the worst pilot in the world and even if he wins he still has to make a statement. I'm guessing he isn't the only pilot like that out there.

I have also played Omenas, unlike Kigo there was no upset in the race at all. Maybe because the other one wasn't there :?

I hope I don't get this again, or anyone else. It isn't something any game has to put up with.

JABBERJAW
7th November 2008, 04:26 PM
not a problem on that race, I have felt like doing that a few times.
sebenco F: barrel roll first, off the top of the hill just before the straightaway, and out of the tunnel (with a turbo), or if I can take the turn right and get high enough.

It is a track filled with weapons, so I absorb alot, unless I pick up mines, bombs, or if someone is in my sights. I normally have good shields, except sometimes I get caught up in getting a good time, and try to save the turbo for the right couple of spots, when my shield is already a little low, but about 90% of the time that is not a problem.

Asayyeah
7th November 2008, 04:31 PM
99% of the time it's ok , no insult at all.

leungbok
7th November 2008, 04:34 PM
Ok Al, i see, thanks :)
I have the same turbo & br strategy. I think that my turns are simply not optimised ;) I'll work on it :banzai

KIGO1987
7th November 2008, 06:03 PM
A few weeks ago i was in a room with a couple of other players. Very nice of them to call me "muawtha fuh kars" in the lobby serval times. I think they where french by there sound of the accent.

Both where flying Icarus "monoi and omenas", there names where. Bunch of rude fukers, i need a headset to reply to there comments, maybe there where pissed about being completly owned several times, lol. Also went into a room a few days ago and omenas was in there, he saw, he look, he though, a second later he left the room, probably he knew what his fate would of been if he sticked for the race.

Saw my old friend omenas, his bitch monoi wasnt in the game, my guess he was off somewhere having a wank over himself. Leungbok and i where racing the ****tard today, but the bitch server disconnected me, full story on the online meeting thread. Nothing better getting satisfaction out of revenge.

JABBERJAW
7th November 2008, 09:33 PM
kigo, sorry, I barrel roll off of the first jump as well, for a total of 3 BR per lap. YOu could get what 6? or so, but you would be out of energy, and not be much faster in the other parts.

blackwiggle
7th November 2008, 10:39 PM
Jabberjaw did you beat 2.00 m yet on sebenco,I remember you messaging me that was what you we aiming for.
Sorry about the unethical comment before,it was just that I was trying to change from AG to Feisar before the second race, but you started it as soon as we were back in the lobby.
I see your point about not many people in the lobby at that time of day,I think there was only one other race up on the board at the time,I mainly go online at that time when I wake up just so the records get updated on my console.

KIGO,I have had the same problem with moni and the other,I laugh now when they join a race,have a look who is playing,then leave the race.....it's almost better than beating them.
You never get any abuse from the Japanese racers,what surprisingly few there are of them,suppose we should be thankful of the language barrier.;)

Rubix42
7th November 2008, 11:02 PM
I get abuse here and there. I haven't been playing online much but it was much worse in the beginning than it has been recently.

What stinks for me is that I am more than capable of beating about 95% of all the racers out there. And then I play against other zoners and normally end up towards the end of the pack. It's all about practice, but I do get a bit bummed that I can't be more competitive.

crawdad62
7th November 2008, 11:16 PM
You never get any abuse from the Japanese racers

Well you can never say never but yeah every race I've been in hosted by a Japanese pilot has been awesome. They always change the track and give you time to switch aircraft if you need to. Or change speed classes and give you time.

I hate coming into a single race and all of a sudden the race loads and I fine myself in a 12 race tournament.

JABBERJAW
8th November 2008, 01:55 AM
Not a problem, I'll give more time to change ships, as long as I can see what you are doing. I was just happy someone was playing me. I am going to get a voice chat for the game as well. I ended up getting a 1:58.8, so I was pretty psyched about that, and I think I got 3 turbos in that race, but got two barrel rolls out of the tunnel on the two laps I didn't get get the turbo, so it worked out well. I'm pretty sure a 1:56 is possible online, but a flawless race would be needed to do so. It's a good track to still be able to get good times online. Some tracks, you just are never going to get a good time online.

leungbok
8th November 2008, 08:23 AM
I played too against Omenas & Monoï. I must admit the guys aren't bad on the tracks they race (anulpha for Omenas & métropia for Monoï). I was with Kigo in Omenas room. But i was alone with Monoï, he acted like Omenas, didn't let you time to change ship and started everytime the same track. He won the 2 first races of our session (of 7). When i won the third he changes his ship (icaras) to an ag-s (like me). I won the fourth and then he tried mirage (i was starting to be amused :P), i won and he came back on icaras. I won 2 other races & i leaved his room. I disconnected immediatly just to prevent a "friendly" pm from him :lol ...or a friend request :g

lunar
8th November 2008, 09:16 AM
Isn`t it possible to block abusive PSN users from the "Players Met" list, so you don`t have to receive their messages?

Hellfire_WZ
8th November 2008, 09:26 AM
You can, but unfortunately it doesn't stop their voice chat

KIGO1987
8th November 2008, 10:29 AM
I played too against Omenas & Monoï. I must admit the guys aren't bad on the tracks they race (anulpha for Omenas & métropia for Monoï). I was with Kigo in Omenas room. But i was alone with Monoï, he acted like Omenas, didn't let you time to change ship and started everytime the same track. He won the 2 first races of our session (of 7). When i won the third he changes his ship (icaras) to an ag-s (like me). I won the fourth and then he tried mirage (i was starting to be amused :P), i won and he came back on icaras. I won 2 other races & i leaved his room. I disconnected immediatly just to prevent a "friendly" pm from him :lol ...or a friend request :g

See they are two ****s, they dont let you time to change your ship, seems like they've choosen to shut the **** up over the voice chat system.

Axel
8th November 2008, 10:44 AM
I had a really good race with monoi the other day. Pretty good chap and he sent me a friend request. Not had any issues TBH. Just kicking ass silently :)

leungbok
8th November 2008, 12:09 PM
Did you won or loose more races than him ? (not a value question, of course). Some guys are very nice when they win and real mor*ns when they loose. Or maybe a whimsical personnality.:?

Syntek
9th November 2008, 01:35 AM
I didn't even know you could use PA online. This should be disabled online.

Axel
11th November 2008, 08:01 AM
Leungbok it was 50/50 TBH. Had some shocking races. But TBH I love abusive messages. It means i'm doing something right :D

Rapier Racer
12th November 2008, 04:22 PM
Lol, definitely Lunar ! :lol
But the most dangerous is RR i think, he killed me 3 or 4 times last night online. :cold (and the damn guy is also very fast, like in pulse, hard to be safe from his missiles & rockets :lol). I'll try to avenge,RR, i swear ;)

lol I look forward to your vengeance attempts :p

In all honesty I don't remember that particular session, I do recall getting once or twice didn't realize it was 3 or 4! Thats subconscious killing at its finest right there.

As for the messages I've only had friend requests so far when I've been online against randoms and won every race by large margins, like 12-14 seconds, I was expecting someone to shout cheater considering one tournament had 2 guys with headsets but no.

Reuben
13th November 2008, 02:08 PM
i usually get called a "cheater" and a "noob" for using icaras, then i switch to fiesar and still rape them in a race, that usually shuts people up. :)

Rapier Racer
13th November 2008, 04:53 PM
Anyone calling an Icaras pilot noob is clearly a clueless idiot in desperate need a good slap. I'd really like to see a 'noob' use it effectively with no PA, a new record for the most respawns in one race would be achieved.

Of course with pilot assist the most useless person can take any ship and survive.

Ally
14th December 2008, 01:29 PM
I have had quite an amusing conversation with Chiryu007. Every race ended with a message to me calling me "NOOOOOB" or equivalent and he was extremely rude and agressive. Its a shame seeing that he isn't the worst pilot in the world and even if he wins he still has to make a statement. I'm guessing he isn't the only pilot like that out there.

I just got the same after smoking the wee wretch :D Got a message saying CHEATER after nailing him with every shell of a cannon on the pit straight of Metropia reverse, comprehensively destroyed the little **** over the course of the tournament, including a peach of a shot with a plasma. Got a torrent of abuse off him after the tournament but absolutely lapped it, wound him up something awful :D

leungbok
16th December 2008, 12:30 AM
Just saw that chiryu007, online. He insulted me several times the same way :"noob", "cheater","pilot-assisted"(lol). I signaled him to sony :rolleyes:

crawdad62
16th December 2008, 01:12 AM
Earlier in this thread I said I'd never encountered any rude stuff while playing WHD. I guess I spoke too soon. Last night I was on and there was very few races so I went into a room with only the host in there. He immediately started the race. Luckily I was using the ship I would've anyway but I was kind of bummed since it was only the two of us and it was a 12 race tournament.

After the first race I got a message with a rather rude title (I won the race). Next race same thing. I lost one and the title of that one was Thank You so I thought maybe the other messages were just little gigs and he really wasn't so bad. I didn't have a chance to read them between races so after I cleaned the floor with him in the tournament I read them and they were BS. After the tournament he messaged me again and said "Well I could win every race if I was flying Icarus too" which of course I messaged him back and explained he was a tool and I wasn't using an Icarus and that maybe he needs to take up Tetris or something.

Well it went back and forth for a couple of messages. I can't believe it was a little kid since he was from the US too and it would've been really late. Anyway I guess I can enter my name into the ring now.

If you see Hypotenuse I'd stay away (unless you want some easy wins;) )

Wellington86
16th December 2008, 04:18 AM
Just saw that chiryu007, online. He insulted me several times the same way :"noob", "cheater","pilot-assisted"(lol). I signaled him to sony :rolleyes:

I had problems with Chiryu007 quite a long time ago, but he didn't send me any messages at all in that room this evening. I wonder if Wotan, Greenix or AKRO received the same abuse you did. Perhaps he just didn't have the time between races to insult everyone.

djKyoto
16th December 2008, 05:24 AM
While ago, I played against 2-3 americans in a room and they all had voice chat, and as I keep winning their convo just got funnier and more comedy gold as they got angrier, especially one guy. I was behind by 5 seconds on Vienta K once and I used a speed boost on the hill to barrel roll and basically caught up to him in a instant and he started to yell out 'HOW THE **** DID HE CATCH UP LIKE HALF A LAP'. :lol

leungbok
16th December 2008, 07:51 AM
I had problems with Chiryu007 quite a long time ago, but he didn't send me any messages at all in that room this evening. I wonder if Wotan, Greenix or AKRO received the same abuse you did. Perhaps he just didn't have the time between races to insult everyone.

I don't know for Greenix, but he insulted Akro2 & Wotan, they also signaled him to sony. You're right, he shouldn't have time to insult everyone :lol

Nadia Elenova
16th December 2008, 08:08 AM
Well, I don't feel insulted, but people keep sending me messages like: "I can't believe a girl can play wipeout like that". :lol

leungbok
16th December 2008, 08:45 AM
And the same guys (with their open minds) could have sent to you : "what a girl does in a fat and ugly ship like that !" :lol

eLhabib
16th December 2008, 10:02 AM
Oh now this is the official thread for message abuse on PSN? Very good. I have lost count of people who accused me of cheating, then, after explaining to them that there are no cheats in this game, accused me of using pilot assist. Most of the time I stayed friendly, telling them to go 1on1 against me on a track of their choice, me picking the same craft they're using. That usually got rid of the problem as they would realise the wrong in their accusations by the time I got a 5+ seconds lead on them - then they mostly apologized and sent a friend request (which of course I denied ;)).
I know, it's hard to stay friendly with lots of people throwing words at you, but try to convince them to test you in a 1on1, and they'll see for themselves.

kanar
16th December 2008, 10:10 AM
Jan. 9/10/11, Kaori, Asa & me will insult you all in both languages, english & french, & in stereo (2 ps3s lol),:lol put your headsets to the max, trash talking allowed! I never experimented that so far anyway, but of course this is because I don't "go out" often lol, I just try to stay with my friends from here or from the french arena, when I finally go online.

leungbok
16th December 2008, 10:53 AM
Oh now this is the official thread for message abuse on PSN? Very good. I have lost count of people who accused me of cheating, then, after explaining to them that there are no cheats in this game, accused me of using pilot assist. Most of the time I stayed friendly, telling them to go 1on1 against me on a track of their choice, me picking the same craft they're using. That usually got rid of the problem as they would realise the wrong in their accusations by the time I got a 5+ seconds lead on them - then they mostly apologized and sent a friend request (which of course I denied ;)).
I know, it's hard to stay friendly with lots of people throwing words at you, but try to convince them to test you in a 1on1, and they'll see for themselves.
Yes, mate, i agree with you. With most of the people who accused me of cheating, i send them the same kind of messages as yours, saying that there's no possible cheats in hd and also i advice them to remove their pilotassist to go faster;)

But this **** chiryu007 is a particular case (hopefully).
after a couple of races i won against him he send me first : "as***ole, learn to drive !" (i translate from french curses) i answered him : "no need to learn to drive as i beat "driving aces" like you by 5/6 seconds^^". His 2nd message was : "5 or 6 seconds you say ? poor s**t noob, you have a noob's ship & you say bull****, hahaaaaaa let me laugh joker, the pilotassist helps you alot, looooooooser !" I loose a little my temper and told him that he don't speak a very correct french and probably be a 15 years old kid, i hope for him;). After his 3rd message (the same kind, the guy is not very imaginative) i sent him : "don't care kiddo, we'll meet another time in the game, and i'll kick your a** again & again with help of my pilotassist^^". After i received a lot of other messages and was bored to answer the s**ker

I really love all those courageous guys who are insulting us with no possible penalty (except if sony take care of the complaints we made on the official site):twisted

zeeZ
16th December 2008, 11:47 AM
Jan. 9/10/11, Kaori, Asa & me will insult you all in both languages, english & french, & in stereo (2 ps3s lol).
Should I manage to get some sort of audio input for my ps3 I will happily add german to the paintrain

lunar
16th December 2008, 12:00 PM
Jan. 9/10/11, Kaori, Asa & me will insult you all in both languages, english & french, & in stereo

Lol, bring it on guys, looking forward to hearing this! I will just let my Goteki do the talking ;) After that I guarantee you will be speechless. :paperbag

cnmth
19th January 2009, 09:29 PM
lol, i see more here about Chiryu007.

I received a PM from him today, i raced him last friday when i suddenly had 2 go afk from the ps3.
So, i received a big : LOOOOOOSER, hehe.
he was probably thinking that i was afraid 2 race or summit, but thats not the case ;)

Id love 2 race him again and kick his ass.

anyway this was my 1st insult from wohd online ;p

greetz cnmth :pc

xtriko
21st January 2009, 11:30 PM
That chiryu007 guy is a piece of art. He just called me a NOOBBBB for no good apparent reason....Well... after i kicked his ass a few times in a row.... Well.... to be honest, I did it on purpose. hahahah its not easy being a bad loser. I'll bet you guys he doesnt have pubic hair yet... but, i think that I will not receive any message from him soon lol :P

KIGO1987
21st January 2009, 11:44 PM
That guy sounds like a real dick.

I posted this on the wrong thread, but heres my story:

I got a lovely msg in my PSN inbox when i went online just then (a few weeks ago now);

luxtonx,
It was very clear to me, and my friends. that you where obviously cheating! Your race line was awful, how you where achieving such lap times is beyond us, you cheating swine, we hope you rot in the pit of hailsham for eternity!!

My soon reply;
It is very clear to my that you are a stupidcnt, and you are obviously very sh1t at this game. There are faster racers out there quicker than i, check the global records, dumbcnt. "BTW its called lag, not a poor racing line. Idiot."

Darkdrium777
21st January 2009, 11:53 PM
Maybe they think we're all cheating? 0.0

Just show them one of our videos then xD

zeeZ
22nd January 2009, 12:13 AM
Insulting people is never a good thing to do.. even it they started it. Be friendly instead.. Very friendly.. Very very very friendly. Well, not too much, just enough to creep them out.

xtriko
22nd January 2009, 12:33 AM
LOL great idea Darkdrium777!!! but they would say that the video was edited or fast forward XD or unlimited autopilot with turbo... there's always a STUPID excuse lol.

btw. KIGO1987... "you cheating swine, we hope you rot in the pit of hailsham for eternity!!" WOWOWOW XD WTF!!! if there was something like "Oscars" for insults, this would be the #1!!! XD Best Drama Insult is... LUXTONX!!! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! LOL

KIGO1987
22nd January 2009, 12:42 AM
Right my 3rd attempt to type this post before this shtheap decides to reboot itself again.

I usally CBF replying to those messages. But that day i turned the PS3 on, after dealing with the foul heat, i wasnt in a good mood let alone i wanted to see that sht on my XMB. So i thought of something constructive and colourful and decided to type it. Also congratulations to that knobhead he is the first person on my XMB to enter the blocked list:cake

blackwiggle
22nd January 2009, 01:56 AM
After thrashing the fool you should reply with something along the lines of "I'm 6 years old how bout u"?

Imagine sh1tforbrains receiving that and thinking he's been beaten by a kid,that would really wind him up.:lol

Pere_HD
22nd January 2009, 02:59 AM
I remember the first time I tried the game on my ps3...it had PA on...it happened to me on the PSP that I always felt that the walls just kinda suck my ship to them...and I was surprised that wasn't happening on WOHD, I started to think I was racing better, a lot of Perfect Laps (in Venom), then I realized, "Oh...the PA!!"--EPIC NOOB ENLIGHTMENT.
Makes no sense to play with PA, what's the point in doing that? There will be no improvement on your racing at all.
Anyway...I always play until the end of the race. I think that leaving at the middle of an event is foolish, unrespectful and a dishonored action. If you lose: practice and get better.

If someone accuses me of cheating...I'll laugh my arse off and give them the right. Who cares anyway? We're all here know that there is no such thing--and that I race pretty lousy. :P

WOHD, Pure, Pulse, as any other game it's all about having fun! People forget that sometimes...

Well is fun to win though...but maybe I don't care too much about winning...maybe because I'm used to lose all the time...well...playing against DjManiac is not easy anyway...but hey, we laugh EVERY TIME we play! :D

stinkleroy
22nd January 2009, 09:26 AM
I had an online tormerntor a few weeks back, I was at my boyfriends so playing under his PSN name and having a bad tournament...some guy called themadderfacker started messaging me, saying I was too slow...so I replied saying that I was and it was funny. He then began to taunt me after every race, eventually telling me i was useless and callied me a noob.

The thing that got my goat is that I've raced this guy before under my own PSN and he's said nothing....wouldn't dare as my times are generally better. He got me so wound up I spent two weeks trying to find him again on PSN, and when I did....he beat me by 0.09 of a second then disappeared. i will have my revenge though hahaha :P

KIGO1987
22nd January 2009, 01:19 PM
After thrashing the fool you should reply with something along the lines of "I'm 6 years old how bout u"?

Imagine sh1tforbrains receiving that and thinking he's been beaten by a kid,that would really wind him up.:lol

That'll be funny. But 1987 in my tag kinda removes me from doing something amusing like that. But if there that stupid i think i could still do something like that. hehe.

Asayyeah
22nd January 2009, 02:20 PM
tell him you are playing under your dad's nickname who's got 22 years old , he gonna have red/green face :lol

blackwiggle
22nd January 2009, 08:12 PM
Have a picture of a kid in a wheelchair and send it to him, saying the doctor says it's good therapy :lol

Or take a picture of a dog with a controller in it's mouth saying, sorry I have to let it play wipeout while I'm at work otherwise it chews up stuff in the house.

Cerium
22nd January 2009, 09:55 PM
The thing that got my goat is that I've raced this guy before under my own PSN and he's said nothing....wouldn't dare as my times are generally better. He got me so wound up I spent two weeks trying to find him again on PSN, and when I did....he beat me by 0.09 of a second then disappeared. i will have my revenge though hahaha :P

You know... you could always use him as a target to get your AG Assassin trophy... :D

LOUDandPROUD
22nd January 2009, 10:14 PM
I had an online tormerntor a few weeks back, I was at my boyfriends so playing under his PSN name and having a bad tournament...some guy called themadderfacker started messaging me, saying I was too slow...so I replied saying that I was and it was funny. He then began to taunt me after every race, eventually telling me i was useless and callied me a noob.

Ha! The first time I faced off with him he was harassing me too! I just took it in stride though, as he didn't say anything truly nasty...just trash talking, which I have no problem with. We actually had a bunch of good, close races, so I sent him a friend request and a "good racing" message after and he accepted. He's not a bad guy and he's pretty fast lol.

stinkleroy
23rd January 2009, 12:51 AM
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one...the guy is a total a hole, and you can tell him I said so. Harrassing people who you think aren't as good as you is just petty and childish. Not once have I ever even contemplated gloating...it's just sad. I think people like that give online gaming a bad name. You can be gracious in defeat but also in victory.

It's just a shame he's so fast, I'd love to beat him but he always seems a fraction faster :g

IH8YOU
23rd January 2009, 07:08 AM
Madder teased me a bit at first - but then I took the gloves off and threw down. (switched to my seldom-used Icaras) His tone changed, and now he's on my friend list. Had some great races with him.

As for the attitude, it might be a girl vs guy thing. Guys rip on each other - brutally - it's our duty to do so. Its one of the "unwritten rules of men". Maybe he just assumed you had a Y chromosome and treated you as such?

To rip on newbies (that aren't close friends of yours) - is uncalled for, but for guys to taunt their perceived competitors - is prettymuch the norm. :blarg

stinkleroy
23rd January 2009, 11:17 AM
Well I didn't taunt you last night when I whooped you :p (on rapier)

I dunno, say what you like but I just hate this kind of behaviour and the guy has definately made an enemy of me. Definately not a girl guy thing...how would he know I was a girl? My boyfriends account has like 3% trophies and I was using the Harimau because he hasn't even unlocked the icaras yet (he doesn't play WO), so I can only assume that he thought I was new to the game, which is even worse as this attitude will put people off playing the game and getting better.

I will taunt someone I know for fun, but not random strangers....grrrrrrr he really irritates me!

blackwiggle
23rd January 2009, 11:49 AM
Just wipe the floor with the fool and block any in coming.
Can't see anybody here giving this [Person] an invite to the forum.

silverfoxy
23rd January 2009, 12:26 PM
Just thought I would add my 2p worth to the discussion.

A month or so ago I raced someone called SchizoTomcat. Beat him hands down on AP forward and he sent me some message saying "you cheater, you have f all skills blah blah".

Have to be honest its the first and last time I've received a message like that on Wipeout HD and it did shock me a little.

On an aside have raced some of the Zoners and had my ass well and truly kicked. I need to learn some better lines as I seem to be last or 2nd last on too many races lately.

crawdad62
23rd January 2009, 03:31 PM
I have to relate a positive. I was on last night and ended up getting into a 12 race Venom tournament (thought it was a 5 race Rapier). I really don't like 12 race tournaments, especially Venom since it takes so long to complete but I don't quit so I played. Anyway there was a player on that was getting waxed. I even lapped him on Metropia. He finished last every race and by a considerable margin too. But he stuck with it the whole tournament.

I PM'd him afterward and congratulated him and told him that he'll be a force to reckon with soon with that attitude. I can't remember his PSN username at the moment but anyway it's nice that there's some decent people out there too.

xtriko
23rd January 2009, 04:55 PM
That's great crawdad62.
Stinkleroy said something that i do all the time. I tease. but, ONLY my closest friends. My favorite teasing victim is Stin_wz lol not forgeting asayyeah, expitarius DjManiac21 etc. and as you probably know, these guys are not nood at all lol. we even send audio samples with Msn messenger. and believe me, that's fun XD
another thing, when i race online, and got a missile locked on a friend... i usually wait for the locking on a guy that I don't know lol its stupid but... sometimes i don´t even wait XD Expitarius can say that lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjAK_DL87tU
you can ear me saying "Sorry mate" at the end of the race lol

Greenix
24th January 2009, 12:11 AM
I had the utmost pleasure of racing Chiryu007 today. His behaviour stinks. After owning him a couple hundred times the message 'Cheater' appeared.
I would have tried to tell the misery that cheats don't exist on wipeout, but I remembered reading about him on here, so didn't bother.

Said something like:
"is poor chiryu losing too much? Don't worry, you'll beat me one day.
Have a nice day."

I ignored his return message of 'cheater, pussy'.. blah blah blah and never heard a peep from him again.

It's a shame there are sore losers/players who get pleasure from giving players better then them grief. SL need to implement some sort of kick option for the host. Maybe a voting system to kick a player out of the game and hide the game from him/her in the online game list for 10 minutes. Then again you'll get abusers of such a system should it ever be implemented. You'd find the better players kicked from games by losers such as chiryu. Seems you cant win against abusive players.

Just hold your head high and race all over them I guess.

stinkleroy
24th January 2009, 12:28 AM
Some fools just can't take being beaten...I sucked in those races :redface:

But I certainly don't mind losing, I'm used to it :p

Cerium
24th January 2009, 12:54 AM
That's crazy. In all the racing I've done I've only ever once gotten a message like that -- and he was just telling me I'm lucky for getting a much needed turbo, so technically speaking it wasn't even trash-talk. :P Most everyone else is really chill, and usually just send props or friend requests.

Though, it's got to be a great compliment that someone thinks you're so good that it's impossible to catch you. At least, that's how I'd take it. :D

IH8YOU
24th January 2009, 01:44 AM
I can't even make it out of a race with one of Greenix's students without needing extensive grief counseling afterwards.

Lets not even think about Greenix, Wellington86 or Flashback Jack.

I question whether you guys are even human!

Cerium
24th January 2009, 06:01 AM
They're not. Skynet just gets bored occasionally.

leungbok
24th January 2009, 09:07 AM
I had the utmost pleasure of racing Chiryu007 today. His behaviour stinks. After owning him a couple hundred times the message 'Cheater' appeared.
I would have tried to tell the misery that cheats don't exist on wipeout, but I remembered reading about him on here, so didn't bother.

Said something like:
"is poor chiryu losing too much? Don't worry, you'll beat me one day.
Have a nice day."

I ignored his return message of 'cheater, pussy'.. blah blah blah and never heard a peep from him again.

It's a shame there are sore losers/players who get pleasure from giving players better then them grief. SL need to implement some sort of kick option for the host. Maybe a voting system to kick a player out of the game and hide the game from him/her in the online game list for 10 minutes. Then again you'll get abusers of such a system should it ever be implemented. You'd find the better players kicked from games by losers such as chiryu. Seems you cant win against abusive players.

Just hold your head high and race all over them I guess.

So you met our good friend chyriu007 :lol
As you said it's a shame the guy gives grief to the better players than him. But imagine what the poor pilots this s*****r is beating can feel when he insult them. I have no doubt he teases everybody ! When the b*****d insulted me i have signaled him on the playstation official website, other friends did the same, do it too maybe punishment will fall when a sufficient number of complaints will be done !! That little s**t is leaving in my town :redface:

MarkXIII
24th January 2009, 10:07 AM
I raced a fella called zvladtepes yesterday, I won the tournament, he ended up third and sent me the following nugget of wisdom:

Subject: you gay!

Text: muuhahaha

What a charmer.

LOUDandPROUD
25th January 2009, 11:18 PM
So, I finally ran into this dude today. He was hosting and I jumped right in when I saw his name, just to see what all the talk was about, and he certainly didn't disappoint!

It was Vineta K reverse (rapier) and some dude piloting Feisar won the first race while I came in 2nd and Chiryu 3rd. He was obviously pissed cuz he started the race again the second we were back in the lobby. He won, then we played again and I won, then we played 2 more times and he won both. I then left to seek out another race because I was sick of Vineta K reverse.

So, I ended up in a 9 race tourney with 7 or 8 other people (Rapier with mixture of forwards and reverses) and guess who's there as well? Yup, Chiryu007. First race is on Metropia and he led the whole way...until...wait for it...until I hit him with a quake on the final lap as he rounded that big righthander at the end and I zoomed past for the win. Message received: "FU%# YOU"

The only other time I came in first was on Anulpha forward. He finished first every other time and I finished second, so points-wise, we were close most of the way, but as soon as I was mathematically eliminated from finishing first overall, I got the following message: "GAME OVER"

Then after the next race, I got "HAHAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOBY"

Then right after the tourney was over, I got "looseandlooose HAHAAAAAAAA"

What a friendly fellow that Chiryu007 is! LOL! I never replied to any of his messages, by the way...no point really. The thing that really sucks about the whole thing is that he's definitely good...better than me. I hate when a-holes are good at stuff and brag about it...lol.

Anyway, that's my story! Wellington? You out there? Can you teach this jerk a lesson please? :)

Darkdrium777
25th January 2009, 11:41 PM
We'll teach this guy a lesson if we see him. :evil

Connavar
26th January 2009, 02:22 AM
I played 13 races against him (Chiryu007) yesterday:
Sebenco that he hosted himself: I quickly had a nice lead thanks to a turbo,
then he left the race on the 2nd lap... I found it strange but well.

Then I joined a 12 races tourney, with 8 players, he was also there.
I won the tournament (93), but he managed to win a race, and when he didn't,
then he was a close 2nd or 3rd most of the time.

Then he congratulated me saying that i was good, and i told him he was also
good, and to keep playing, so no problem here!
Looks like he's on my side :)

LOUDandPROUD
26th January 2009, 02:37 AM
Hmm...well, maybe Chiryu007 remembered to take his medication yesterday...LOL.

eLhabib
26th January 2009, 07:27 AM
He's probably a lawyer then - crawling up to anyone slightly better than him, and kicking down at everyone he feels supreme against. ;)

guillaume
26th January 2009, 07:45 AM
Or he's a nice grown-up but his son has anger issues. And they both play well. Who knows? :)

xtriko
26th January 2009, 10:47 AM
So he's back... lol last week i gave him a lesson. and he was also getting pissed cuz he was always starting the race at the very same second we arrive to the lobby. I don't quit races. So, I waited until he quit. obviously, the "F$C% YOU" message arrived... lol next time i see him, I will PM some WO friends ;) eheheh Zoners! Team Up! XD

pirahpac
26th January 2009, 01:08 PM
[haha ..chiryu..is ..weird?idiot? i raced him 2 days ago..he know only vineta vineta rev, AP,AP rev..we played maybe 10 races..when i won..he said me i won cuz i have a "noobship"(assegai)..lol.. and he won only a race on AP and he said"hahahahaha u nooooob" ..so after i stop and he continue to insult me..i say" now try to catch my record idiot" he said me "i never play venom noooob" ..no comment

kanar
26th January 2009, 01:35 PM
now I understand why wotan wanted me to invite chiryu somethin' at my place, LOL. I'll bunkerize him soon, & forever!!!:evil

lunar
26th January 2009, 07:07 PM
The other day, when I was chasing this guy for the lead on Sol2, I had missile lock on him for over half a lap, but waited until the open section before firing just to make sure of sweet victory. I don`t feel so bad about that now. :)

stin
26th January 2009, 08:46 PM
Funnily enough, I did played against him and won both of them, but he did not replied to me.....yet!:lol

I think...he did see my nickname as "stin_wz", possibly WZ as Wipeout Zone?

stevie:)

IH8YOU
28th January 2009, 11:52 PM
lol, I was going to post about a d-bag I just met (the first one I've ever found on Wipeout) - and I didn't connect the dots. This Chiro is becoming quite famous, eh?

KGB - and any of my other friends here - next time he's on - give me a heads up. I'll return the favor. :lol

YouAreFubar
29th January 2009, 01:00 AM
TBH ive never come across anyone whos a sore loser and feels the need to give abuse if the are losing (yet). When I have been messaged out of the blue, its never gone any further than having a laugh, being complemented and/or being challenged to another race.

When im on the losing side it doesnt bother me. I like a good challenge, its no fun when you win easily all of the time, it just gets boring. Being a sore loser is pointless.

stinkleroy
29th January 2009, 01:07 AM
You are correct Fubar, no point in being a sore loser....sadly some people just can't take it. I've been in 6 tournaments this evening and not once did I make to the final race because people just quit when they're not winning...

I've raced this chiryu guy before and he's never been insulting to me but has messaged me to challenge me to a race....and has always left tournaments when he's not been winning. sore loser!

CaptainWipeout
29th January 2009, 10:31 AM
If you ever race a French guy called Olliman there's always grief. He gets beat every time and he's a sore loser - he'll group a message like "Stupid Gamers" or the like pretty much every day and he'll drop out of every single tournament.

Maybe it's a French thing.

leungbok
29th January 2009, 10:41 AM
Maybe it's a French thing.

KGB
29th January 2009, 10:52 AM
KGB - and any of my other friends here - next time he's on - give me a heads up. I'll return the favor. :lol

Ha Ha. seen him hosting last night and thought "right, I'll show him".

The crafty sod only went and won, then left the game after the first race we had. :paperbag

(It was on Rapier mind: that's my excuse) :redface:

CaptainWipeout
29th January 2009, 09:12 PM
No offence Leungbok, but I think you know that.
But it's true in my case - the only oddness I've encountered has been from French racers.
We've got a house just outside Cahors and the French drive the same way as they play Wipeout - they drive fast, crash a lot and give people a lot of abuse;)

leungbok
29th January 2009, 10:14 PM
I must admit i'm not always proud of my fellow citizens ;)

IH8YOU
29th January 2009, 11:14 PM
Well KGB - I got to race Chiro007 today in a no weapons tournament, and while acts like a jerk, he is also very good, there is no doubting that.

There is only one problem - he isn't good enough. :D

blackwiggle
30th January 2009, 07:19 AM
I just had a few charming messages from Fatmobile [USA] being accused of cheating.:rolleyes:
I kept my cool and directed him here,hope he takes my advice since it appears he's only had the game for about a week.

leungbok
30th January 2009, 07:59 AM
I agree with Fatmobile !! How on earth, can you man, play this game without pilot-assist ? ;)

Hey mates, with Pihrapac we are working on low down the ranking of chyriu on chengou forward rapier TT, but he's still in the top ten (he's rank 8 atm with 1.51.25), we need some pilots to make him disappearing from the first page :lol

IH8YOU
30th January 2009, 08:14 AM
Leungbok - while I can make no promises - I'll try to do my part. :blarg

eLhabib
30th January 2009, 08:16 AM
Why would you want to push him out of the top 10 deliberately? Imho, that makes you just as childish as he is... you should simply not bother about him.

IH8YOU
30th January 2009, 08:45 AM
Who here WASN'T aiming for to 10 times on the tracks prior to this? I've always been pushing for them. I rarely get them - but I've always been trying for them.

I've been working on other tracks and not Chengou - I merely switched my efforts to this track. I see it as a fun challenge - and if I can stick it to someone at the same time - why not? I'm an opportunist at heart. :lol

That said, I'm wearing the bear minimum amount of flair - at 1.51.21. I'm going to try for better later on. Never like being too far away from Connavar. :D

leungbok
30th January 2009, 08:50 AM
This is for fun first !! I think it's a pacifist and fair answered to the insulting messages he often send to good pilots. I already signaled him (and other insulted pilots) to the playstation official website and it seems there 's no punishment. Beat his times is an innocent revenge, no insult in that. But maybe a little satisfaction. And the second reason, i like the tt and sl challenge, and i deliberately push out from top ten some friends too (and i'm pushed myself by friends deliberately too i'm sure ;) )

LOUDandPROUD
30th January 2009, 01:01 PM
@ IH8YOU & leungbok - I agree completely, no harm in being a bit extra motivated to bump him out of the top 10, due to his incessant harassing of so many people...and I certainly wouldn't go so far as to call that desire for/act of revenge childish. Go for it! :+

Danterich
30th January 2009, 01:09 PM
Hey mates, with Pihrapac we are working on low down the ranking of chyriu on chengou forward rapier TT, but he's still in the top ten (he's rank 8 atm with 1.51.25), we need some pilots to make him disappearing from the first page :lol
I am proud that I´ve just MISSION ACCOMPLISHED in this extraordinary TT challenge some minutes ago: Chengou Rapier 1.51.22 :g:beer:banzai

kaori
30th January 2009, 01:35 PM
Cool, I go helping you :mr-t

leungbok
30th January 2009, 07:10 PM
GG, mates chyriu is n°11 atm. "how dare you, you losers with your noobish ships."..lol ;)

LOUDandPROUD
30th January 2009, 08:07 PM
That's great news! :lol

Darkdrium777
30th January 2009, 10:31 PM
What ship's he using btw? There must be a ship he doesn't consider "noobish" because he uses it...

blackwiggle
30th January 2009, 10:48 PM
Auricom believe it or not.

I got a nice apology from Fatmobile after yesterdays abusive messages,seems he must of taken my advice and visited here.;)

leungbok
31st January 2009, 08:58 AM
I am proud that I´ve just MISSION ACCOMPLISHED in this extraordinary TT challenge some minutes ago: Chengou Rapier 1.51.22 :g:beer:banzai
What do you think about improving your times on vineta reverse tt rapier, mates ? ;)

IH8YOU
31st January 2009, 09:25 AM
Wow, I completely forgot to do this track! Thanks! I went from #11848 to #6 on my first attempt! :D

xtriko
31st January 2009, 11:01 AM
Hi mates. I just did my part on Chen proj. 1.49.62 :) now I'll be a "Damn Noob Assegai Cheater" lol. Later I'll do my Part on Vineta ;) ehehe

pirahpac
31st January 2009, 11:41 AM
[lol x triko..so for u too he said " u win cuz u have a noobship"..that for why i took auricom tt chengou project lol

xtriko
31st January 2009, 05:25 PM
no pirahpac he didn't lol he only said "NOOB!!!" and the F.U lol
my wife is going to try it too later ehehe let's hope to see Spitfire2097 faster than him :) I love this woman!

ps. I'll ask her to go with Auricom when she arrives from work ;)

Danterich
31st January 2009, 07:20 PM
What do you think about improving your times on vineta reverse tt rapier, mates ? ;)

MISSION #2 IS ALREADY COMPLETED (few hours ago):g He´s on rank 11 now(or as soon my record is uploaded)

:cough: :cough: I´d like to call these TTchallenges-game "Chiryu May Cry", which contains 16 missions to complete and several "secret missions" to discover :sonar:lol:banzai

xtriko
31st January 2009, 07:37 PM
lol any other track or class? ehehehe "Let's Rock!"

Greenix
31st January 2009, 09:48 PM
LOL! :lol
Just been reading what you guys have been getting up to! Gotta say, if it was to any normal person I'd aggree with eLhabib, but after the aggressive chat I recieved from him all I can say is, carry on by all means! :D

After all his records have been thrown back to venom shall I send him a message asking how all his top 10 records are doing? I'm sure I'll get a more then 'chiryuful' response! :D :lol

Darkdrium777
31st January 2009, 11:33 PM
MORE LIKE CHIRFUL AMIRITE?

;)

I haven't even seen the guy yet. :o Must be in different time zones.

blackwiggle
1st February 2009, 05:55 AM
He should be on his own planet,not just a different timezone.;)

Hellfire_WZ
2nd February 2009, 11:16 PM
Was my turn to play the little whelp tonight. Gave him an absolute lesson in how to play and got the usual bollocks in return. Replied with "Isn't it past your bedtime?" Not a peep out of him after that ;)

LOUDandPROUD
3rd February 2009, 02:30 AM
Ha! You're all killin' me here! "Chiryu May Cry"?! LOL! :lol

blackwiggle
3rd February 2009, 03:55 AM
This is becoming better than "Beat ZICO".

A bit more venom involved,can't argue with that.

But a forum vendetta against a vulgar fool.

Why not,open season on the "twat" as Infoxicated would most likely say.:lol

leungbok
3rd February 2009, 07:29 AM
The guy don't even knows there's a "vendetta" against him ! He'll simply see that he's not as good as he thinks. And maybe he'll yell some curses :lol

Lance
4th February 2009, 03:34 AM
Re: Chiryu comeuppance. LOL I'm loving this stuff. :D :D :D

Connavar
7th February 2009, 06:14 PM
So the first time I played against Chiryu007 he congratulated me, the 2nd time
again (a Rapier tournament), but then yesterday I did a Venom tournament for
fun, and he was there and well his ship was just on my right on Ubermall and I
fired my rockets hehe, then he left the race and sent a message: "HAHAAAAAAA"
and in it he laughed about how Venom is for losers.

By the way he's #4 on Multiplayer race - Rapier - Anulpha Pass (R) ...

Darkdrium777
7th February 2009, 07:56 PM
djv1nc3 is a guy you can add to the list. Very good pilot, but even when I explained how luck was all there was for me winning the race against him and congratulating him on the good driving, he still called me names.

So yeah, first person on my ignore list. Congratulations to him.

CaptainWipeout
8th February 2009, 03:40 PM
Racing Chiryu on Rapier for the past couple of nights - he's very good and I have no idea how he gets the lap times he does on Anulpha Pass - even counting barrel rolls - he was in Auricom?

Had no messages, even when I beat him...................yet.

Connavar
8th February 2009, 08:22 PM
Thank god he's good, otherwise he would insult even more people!

LOUDandPROUD
8th February 2009, 10:34 PM
Had another run-in with our boy Chiryu today. Joined a 5-race tourney and there he was. Decided to use Auricom, as that's his ship...figured if I could ever win, it would make him extra mad if I did it with his ship. :lol Anyway, he won the first race, I won the 2nd, he won 3rd and I won 4th (each finishing 2nd when we lost)...so we were tied going into the final race. It was Sebenco, and I was in the lead for the first 2 1/2 laps or so and hanging onto a quake in case he passed me...well, he did pass me, but he did so with a turbo, so he was able to build a bit of distance before I hit him with the quake...I still had an opportunity to pass him at that point though, but I decided it would be the perfect time to grind some walls going around the corner instead...end of story...he won. I was so close! Damn... :frown: Not a peep from him, by the way...

Lightlord
8th February 2009, 11:23 PM
Chiryu007 I've played and owned him on many occasions but tonight was not my night altough was about to win another tournament by 4pts on rapier sebenco reverse 3 corners from the end of the tournament in 1st and my ps3 crashes. he messages us with the same crap as before hahaaaa rubbish saying i quit what a noob why would you quit 3 corners from winning a tournament. He can race but he can be cocky and stupid as well, I made it clear to him though that i have owned him in many tournaments with pletny more to come using any craft for those that know me know that i can use any craft.

CaptainWipeout
9th February 2009, 06:11 AM
Thanks for launching me 3000 feet into the air last night on Sol 2 reverse - how did you do THAT!!!????? It took me all night coming back down to the track and when I got back to the track............................................. ...................I fell off lol.

P.S. I left because I had to get up for work at 05:30 and that was my cue to go.

Lightlord
9th February 2009, 08:07 PM
Lol don't know how i managed that on a funny note you did atleast get the best view of the race lol.

Mateo
13th February 2009, 05:42 PM
just got my first cheater-message in a 12 race phantom tournament. i guess now i'm finally a member of the wipeoutzone :lol
i raced against a guy named E27_Snow_X and some other people. after beating snow every race by at least 5 seconds i got my first cheater message in race 4. in race 6 a second one followed and in race 7 he left the tournament...

yesterday i raced also against chiryu007 in a 8 race tournament on rapier. i won 58 : 52 and didn't get any messages from him. just had a really good race with chiryu.:+

LOUDandPROUD
22nd February 2009, 09:49 PM
Good old Chiryu007...raced him a bunch of times today and won several...coming in 2nd or 3rd with him coming in 3rd or 4th...he came in first a few times, of course, but when I finally beat him by actually coming in first myself (on Moa Reverse...got him by about 4 sec), I then left the room, knowing that the inability to get revenge would make him crazy. Worked like a charm, as I soon received a message that read, "U R FEEBLE!!!". I simply replied back, "LOL". :P

Mateo
22nd February 2009, 10:09 PM
"U R FEEBLE!!!"

got the same message some days ago after he had beaten me by a few .01 in our first race with a turbo on the last straight. didn't reply, just kicked his ass in the tournament he started after this close race, left immediately when it was over and didn't hear anything of chiryu anymore...;)

RobCoxy
22nd February 2009, 10:16 PM
I then left the room, knowing that the inability to get revenge would make him crazy.

That drives me crazy too lol! But good work anyway ;).

Asayyeah
22nd February 2009, 10:28 PM
i raced against a guy named E27_Snow_X and some other people. after beating snow every race by at least 5 seconds i got my first cheater message in race 4. in race 6 a second one followed and in race 7 he left the tournament...

yesterday i raced also against chiryu007 in a 8 race tournament on rapier. i won 58 : 52 and didn't get any messages from him. just had a really good race with chiryu.:+

oups :paperbag i know mister EG27 snow X, it's a french friend of I, i am sorry about what happended and don't want to search for him any excuses but maybe he was just in a real bad day cause it's not in his habit to do that, especially because he is rarely online ( except yesterday when i raced him on his fav track : vineta k and few other tracks as well )
Don't blame him too much , he is really friendly in the real life.

About chiryu, well how can i say that... i am not proud of me but i played 'his speech-game' against him ( like the ' back-to-sender) : 1st race anoobpha reverse he eat my mines on the upper section and died : immediately after i sent him a message in french saying you a noob i killed ya puffa :paperbag , geez he reacted very strongly ( i was surprised since i was using his fav vocabularie words :lol) anyway i did killed him again later ( seb climb frwd killed by plasma :P) into a tournament he has won ( yeah i know , no excuses for me i simply searched for his total annihilation on every 8 tracks but miserably missed my mission and also lost the tourney ! ahhh bloody me ;) ) lol i can tell you he found the words to express his high esteem of himself after winning the tour but you know for what i did started i must reckon he got his revenge in a way. I also asked him ( pushed him could be the right term) to express himself through phantom but he declined ( not politely lol) my offer, saying he has checked my trophies and told me he has no interest to fight a newbee with only 6 of them ( that is true my Scot Asa profile only got the trophies i earnt during the weekend online :P) ahhhh Chryiu what have you done to me !! you revealed my dark side mwhuahahahah
;)

leungbok
22nd February 2009, 10:34 PM
Don't he answered you : "phantom is for noobs !" ? :lol

Asayyeah
22nd February 2009, 10:46 PM
he just told me i should start to race venom seriously :O
My 'ego' has been affected ;)

leungbok
22nd February 2009, 10:52 PM
this good old chiryu :lol

pirahpac
22nd February 2009, 11:42 PM
[chie ryu ..chie mou ..mai chie dan le trou!! ..ok je sors lol..c est tout sque jpense a propos de lui maintenant ( sorry in french^^)

Mateo
23rd February 2009, 12:53 AM
oups :paperbag i know mister EG27 snow X, it's a french friend of I, i am sorry about what happended and don't want to search for him any excuses but maybe he was just in a real bad day cause it's not in his habit to do that, especially because he is rarely online ( except yesterday when i raced him on his fav track : vineta k and few other tracks as well )
Don't blame him too much , he is really friendly in the real life.
;)

I sent him a friendly message with the usual "no cheats in this game" stuff and next day he answered very polite and apologized. You're right, he's a really nice guy. I guess it was just a faux pas. :)

Darkdrium777
23rd February 2009, 01:43 AM
Haha this is funny. :D Good stuff :+

I hope that if he finds this place he'll have a laugh about it as well.

xtriko
23rd February 2009, 09:09 AM
what about a mass friend request to chiryu? so we can all go after him and let him be last on a tournament? "Damn WO HD ONLINE!!! FULL OF CHEATERS!!! F$&K YOU ALL!!!" ahahaha

KIGO1987
23rd February 2009, 11:23 AM
this good old chiryu :lol

Is this that dopy bastard that fly's around in Auricom all the time??

lol, "The Auricom Way", "We fuk up our economy, then we'll fuk yours", lol.

xtriko
23rd February 2009, 11:31 AM
yes it's him ;)

eLhabib
23rd February 2009, 11:48 AM
nothin' wrong with flying Auricom...

rdmx
23rd February 2009, 12:33 PM
KIGO was making a joke about the American team - you know how the Americans have turned the world economy pear-shaped with their dodgy lending - he wasn't directly attacking Auricom :P

eLhabib
23rd February 2009, 12:52 PM
I know, I know - no offense taken ;)
I don't really like the fact that my team is american either... but ssshhh, don't want my sponsors to hear that :sonar

LOUDandPROUD
23rd February 2009, 12:59 PM
@ xtriko - I like the way you think! We totally should do that! :lol

@ KIGO and eLhabib - Heyyyy, WATCH IT! :P

stinkleroy
23rd February 2009, 11:47 PM
Tuesday 24th Feb - 12.15 am

Chiryu007: YOU ARE FEEBLE!!!

stinkleroy: You are an a**hole

..........Silence :D

LOUDandPROUD
24th February 2009, 02:39 AM
LOL! Go Cat! Go Cat! :lol

eLhabib
24th February 2009, 07:36 AM
Sometimes, it takes a woman to do it like a man. ;)

stinkleroy
24th February 2009, 12:42 PM
Ha ha I just thought someone should pass on the sentiments of the entire wipeout zone community :D

yeldar2097
24th February 2009, 12:56 PM
why have i never encountered this guy? i want to cream him like his favourite soup.
if only to see if he's got anything to say for himself.
stinkleroy clearly knows how it's done, nice work!

Mateo
24th February 2009, 01:14 PM
maybe because the wuss never races phantom, just rapier...;)

stinkleroy
24th February 2009, 01:58 PM
Oi I take offense at that Mateo! I generally only race rapier. Not because Im scared of phantom or find it too hard, only because I dont have the patience for it. For instance, people smash into you on a corner in phantom and amazingly you morph through the track wall and into the great beyond. Things like that just infuriate me and I end up not enjoying playing the game. I can race phantom, I just choose not to most of the time :D

Mateo
24th February 2009, 04:09 PM
no it's just related to chiryu! there's no problem with racing the slower speed classes, i love rapier myself and i race about 50/50% rapier and phantom races.

it's just upsetting me when someone insults people with "i'm so great and you just suck blabla" and then when you ask him for a match on phantom he don't dare to race against you :rolleyes:

sorry, i didn't want to offend anybody (except chiryu perhaps :g)

stinkleroy
25th February 2009, 01:25 AM
Ha ha no worries Mateo, I know you meant no harm :D

LOUDandPROUD
25th February 2009, 02:30 AM
Raced Chiryu on Rapier in a couple of tourneys today...he won both. Managed to win a handful of races though at least, while usually coming in 2nd by only a sec or two. Anyway, got the obligatory "U R FEEBLE!" message from him after. I decided to keep it light and wrote back that he was a funny fellow and that he made me chuckle. I followed that up with a friend request to see what he'd do...his response was to deny it and send me a message saying "HAHAHAAAAA NOOOOOO!". So, I wrote back and told him he "should try racing at Phantom speed like a real man"...and I dared him to do so. He wrote back and called me a NOOOOB then promptly set up a 4-race tourney on Phantom, which I gladly joined, even though I'm not great on Phantom. There was only two other racers. Well, go figure, the bastard is good on Phantom too...about 2-4 seconds better than me on average...and he won the tourney. I only won the last race (by 4 sec), on Anulpha forward, which pretty much doesn't count cuz, well, it's ANULPHA...LOL. He promptly messaged and said "HAHAHAAAA NOOOOB!". I wrote back and said "U R VERY GOOD. TOO BAD YOU HAVE TO ACT LIKE SUCH A CU** THOUGH." Hadn't heard back from him yet when I shut down my PS3 for the night...we'll see if I have anything from him tomorrow...

Darkdrium777
25th February 2009, 03:05 AM
In what country does he live? I admit to not racing online often because of the effin lag and my equally effin connection, but I've never seen him :o

Mateo
25th February 2009, 11:38 AM
I think he's french. @LoudandProud: Nice Job. :lol But I guess we'll never see him join a random Phantom race, it's just too hard to win there when there are a couple very skilled players online (especially in the evening), as I experience again and again myself :paperbag. I guess it's even better that way, who knows how he would react when getting beaten a whole evening, when he even starts insulting when just loosing sometimes.:blarg

blackwiggle
25th February 2009, 01:14 PM
Chiryu007 is from the USA,well that's what flag and server I've saw him use last time I raced him.

I don't bother any more,I just avoid him.

It's like feeding a stray dog,it will just **** on your lawn and bite you.

Asayyeah
25th February 2009, 01:36 PM
he is french or at least comes from a region where french is spoken.

LOUDandPROUD
25th February 2009, 01:38 PM
Yah I hear ya. And I've never seen him fly a USA flag, personally. Always France I believe...he even replied to me once with a French subject line. Who knows though. He could just be screwing around with his location.

stinkleroy
25th February 2009, 07:06 PM
Just put him on your block list and you'll never have to listen to his inane comments again :D
Hes alienated himself so dont bother being nice or arguing with him. Its a total waste of time.

LOUDandPROUD
25th February 2009, 09:53 PM
You're right...think I'll do that. :)

RobCoxy
25th February 2009, 10:03 PM
Does he deserve all this fuss lol....? ;)

TearsToShreds
25th February 2009, 10:24 PM
Heh, I just met him too on Chengou Reverse (Rapier), but he was constantly last and decided to quit during the second lap, after which I got eliminated by CaptainWipeout. Argh!

CaptainWipeout
25th February 2009, 11:37 PM
Great racing mate - yeah that was weird with Chiryu.........typical French 'surrender monkey'.

oh - and Leungbok - please don't give me negative reputation points again for simply cracking a joke! - Ha ha funny and all that.....................Christ give me strength.

leungbok
26th February 2009, 07:57 AM
Was not me mate, i never gave to anybody negative reputation points. If i disagree with a post, i post myself in the thread or send a pm to the author. :?
And french are maybe cowards but they also have humor ;)

Danterich
26th February 2009, 08:28 AM
I finally found PEACE with chiryu007 ! After racing him (together with several zoners), evolving from "Noob" to "Feeble"(anyone knows this movie? LOOL), etc..longtime(months)-story i raised the white flag and added him to my PSN-buddy-list. There is a lot you could say about him, but fact is that he´s a very good pilot and that counts for me. He maybe has a "splitted-personality", but hey, we´re all online to have good, close and challenging races or not? So for all: Don´t get provoked by him! Better don´t fight fire with fire and stay cool! PEACE 4 ALL WIPERS, WE´re JUST GAMING, OR NOT?

kanar
26th February 2009, 08:31 AM
You're absolutely right Danterich, this is just a game. The best game ever, but still a videogame lol.

...typical French 'surrender monkey'.... oh - and Leungbok - please don't give me negative reputation points again for simply cracking a joke! -

I must admit I don't understand the meaning of that " typical French surrender monkey". If it's a joke, well, ok then. And I can confirm Leungbok is a pure wipeout gentleman, as many French wipers, & one of my best friend here, -and I can't WAIT TO MEET YOU IN MARCH!!!- . But you're right captain, giving bad rep without signing it is not cool (wasn't me lol).

CaptainWipeout
26th February 2009, 10:48 AM
Was not me mate, i never gave to anybody negative reputation points. If i disagree with a post, i post myself in the thread or send a pm to the author. :?
And french are maybe cowards but they also have humor ;)

In that case I apologise profusely monsieur Leungbok - I've got a sore head after that bottle of Pouilly Fume last night. You lot make great wine.

Lance
26th February 2009, 04:15 PM
Hey, now. Let's have no slamming of the French. Or any other group.

um.. except maybe um.. American Republican presidents and vice-presidents. ;)

eLhabib
26th February 2009, 05:58 PM
"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch."

;)

On a sidenote, I raced a german guy called HauSer87 today, and after a couple of races with me leading him to the finish by over 5 seconds, he sent me a message saying lucker.

I responded by saying yeah I guess I really am lucky for being blessed with this talent, if that's what you mean? :P

leungbok
26th February 2009, 06:54 PM
You're absolutely right Danterich, this is just a game. The best game ever, but still a videogame lol.

I must admit I don't understand the meaning of that " typical French surrender monkey". If it's a joke, well, ok then. And I can confirm Leungbok is a pure wipeout gentleman, as many French wipers, & one of my best friend here, -and I can't WAIT TO MEET YOU IN MARCH!!!- . But you're right captain, giving bad rep without signing it is not cool (wasn't me lol).

Thank's mate :) let's rescue the honor of France !!, lol. Yeah, next avalon will be awesome :rock!
But about french reputation. Yes we are cowards, we said no to the most powerfull country of the world for helping them to kick the a** of a developping country. But fortunately other very courageous countries said yes to USA. (Typical french monkey humor ;)).

yeldar2097
26th February 2009, 07:03 PM
"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch."

we hate you too eLhabib, so no worries ;)

CaptainWipeout
26th February 2009, 07:33 PM
Thank's mate :) let's rescue the honor of France !!, lol. Yeah, next avalon will be awesome :rock!
But about french reputation. Yes we are cowards, we said no to the most powerfull country of the world for helping them to kick the a** of a developping country. But fortunately other very courageous countries said yes to USA. (Typical french monkey humor ;)).

Listen - I was a bit p!ssed last night and I wasn't being serious.

France has a hell of a lot going for it as you know. For one the standard of living is higher than here and we're just jealous.

Oh and during the wars - the French actually fought extremely courageously alongside the British.

Lance
26th February 2009, 08:22 PM
The standard of living in France and several other countries is higher than here in the US.

eLhabib
27th February 2009, 04:09 PM
we hate you too eLhabib, so no worries ;)

That was a quote from Austin Powers - just in case you didn't know.
Personally, I've absolutely liked every Dutch person I've met so far - which isn't many - but I get the impression that you are a very nice (and funny) bunch! ;)

TorquedSoul
27th February 2009, 05:19 PM
I lived in the Netherlands for a couple years. I loved it there ... and maybe if their immigration policies weren't so brutal I would move there to stay.

yeldar2097
27th February 2009, 06:28 PM
That was a quote from Austin Powers - just in case you didn't know.
Personally, I've absolutely liked every Dutch person I've met so far - which isn't many - but I get the impression that you are a very nice (and funny) bunch! ;)

yeah of course i knew that. quality film ;)
can't really say much about the austrians, don't really know any...
im sure you're all lovely :)

Mateo
27th February 2009, 07:50 PM
that's one of the best things, when you're austrian: when you're on holiday you're the only one against whom nobody has prejudices. :g

Ally
27th February 2009, 08:57 PM
Chiryu

Roasted the little **** for the second night running :) Got ****ing beaten off you just before it though, gutted :p

CaptainWipeout
27th February 2009, 09:01 PM
that's one of the best things, when you're austrian: when you're on holiday you're the only one against whom nobody has prejudices. :g

Ahem -wasn't Hitler Austrian ---------- or was that tongue in cheek?:lol

Mateo
27th February 2009, 11:37 PM
yes, but the majority of people think he was german. :P also he had no success here.

KIGO1987
28th February 2009, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHpPqm7kzI

eLhabib
28th February 2009, 01:18 AM
Yes, Hitler was born in Austria - but no Austrian was stupid enough to listen to his ideas, so he went to Germany ;)

Darkdrium777
28th February 2009, 06:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHpPqm7kzIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-cKyUA43Wk

:lol

KIGO1987
28th February 2009, 12:01 PM
Yes, lol. Ive seen that when you added that to your favourites a while ago. Its part of a 10minute video comprising of several songs, video mixed by a really skilled Russian, ****ing brilliant video.

Hahahaha @ 1:11. That keyboard got ****ing owned:lol That kid would make a fortune if he where to sell that keyboard on Ebay or something, but unfortunatly he appears to be too retarded to think of doing something like that.

blackwiggle
1st March 2009, 12:48 AM
Another happy Vista user.:lol

To think that whole performance is because it was taking to long to load Unreal Tournament.

designer_79
1st March 2009, 05:50 AM
Looool, did you read the backstory of the keyboard smashing kid? Obviously this little guy claims to be a very good young actor, who made the whole Unreal-tournament loading - thing up.
Later he agreed that the video can be shown in a German TV-show, about the topic of internet addiction. Well of course they claimed him being the perfect example of a crazy nerd that spends too much time on Online shooters and that this type of game will have similar effects on every young guy :)

This led to a lot of bashing of this poor young fella and he never did something similar again ... But the AdH i- speech - dub is brilliant , i almost pissed my pants , HILARIOUS!!

KIGO1987
1st March 2009, 10:15 AM
Vista user looool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B80EGY9L-U&feature=related

1:15 @ lol, i can understand :D

CaptainWipeout
3rd March 2009, 12:13 AM
Got my first message from Chiryu007.

I was hosting a race and there were only three people in it, me Chiryu and a n other and I get a message saying

"HAAAAAHAHHAAAAHHAAAHAAAAAAA

GOOOOOOOGOOOGOOOOO!"

I mean, really!!!! What age is this guy or is he completely retarded?

So he's well and truly blocked. The problem was I tried to get away from him after that and he kept following me around, so what I'm doing now is hosting a race and not starting until I get a full complement of players in the hope that nobody will be online. I'm quite happy to sit there all night browsing the internet while he waits for me to start a race. AVOID THIS MAN!!!!......................... He is rather good though.

TearsToShreds
3rd March 2009, 10:11 AM
The worst thing was when I was racing him and my PS3 froze (as usual). Once I'd restarted I received this message from him:

YOUR QUITTING????!!!!

Really, I would never quit a race, especially not when I'm winning! :p

Darkdrium777
3rd March 2009, 02:07 PM
Just tell him: "My PS3 got tired of your annoying behaviour even before me, so it froze."

Feel free to fill in the non-existent gaps with whatever acronyms you like :)

silverfoxy
3rd March 2009, 02:19 PM
I haven't been racing online much of late as I've been too busy doing Zones.

However, I popped on for a single race on rev Metropia on rapier. It was me, TheMaderFacker (something like this anyway) and someone else.

A close race between me and TheMader with the lead changing hands several times. Managed to beat him on the line after him leading for most of the lap and thought no more of it.

Couple of minutes a later get a message off him titled "i'm better"

Had a little chuckle to myself and sent back "of course you are". Not sure if he would have got the sarcastic tone though as I think he's Spanish.

Just don't get why some people can't take losing. If someone does me like that on the line it is a little annoying but I'm more likely to send a message to say well done or I'll get you next time rather than being nasty about it.

crawdad62
3rd March 2009, 02:35 PM
Just don't get why some people can't take losing.

I don't get that either. I was racing last night and out of an 8 race tournament I think I finished last in 4 of them. Never won and I had a blast. It was close and I had more fun than the races where I get out in front from the start and never look back.

chaos80
3rd March 2009, 02:50 PM
Raced chiryu007 a couple of days ago in a tournament. Was going to win when he left and sent me a message saying "CHEATER!!!". I replied, "Yes, and you are feeble" :D
Good times...

Darkdrium777
3rd March 2009, 02:51 PM
Well played sir!

Ally
3rd March 2009, 05:56 PM
TheMaderFacker

Yeah he's a bit of a dildo too. Got the same nonsense off him a while back when he beat me in race 1 and I went on to dominate, so I flamed the **** out of him and he promptly sent me a friend request. Denied.

RobCoxy
7th March 2009, 07:31 PM
Just don't get why some people can't take losing. If someone does me like that on the line it is a little annoying but I'm more likely to send a message to say well done or I'll get you next time rather than being nasty about it.

I have to mention that there are plenty of people like you silverfox who, when after a close race are beaten or just beat you, send a nice "well done" or "just got you, unlucky ;)". Nice to know that a lot of people can take losing and are not all b*stards like chiryu and whoever else ;).

CaptainWipeout
7th March 2009, 07:59 PM
That's the kick I get out of Wipeout - when people make it difficult for you cause it's dead boring winning and winning. So when the likes of you lot come along ............. it's dead good.

Connavar
9th March 2009, 10:39 AM
Silverfox: I had a similar experience with themada... but a long time ago, I kept beating him
so he sent me a message with "you think you're the best?", which wasn't nice at all,
and I replied: of course not.

Then a few weeks later he tried to add me as friend, which I also denied.
Too bad because he was pretty good.

KGB
10th March 2009, 07:48 PM
Raced chiryu007 the other day, everything was going well, hadn't' had a peep from him all night, mainly as he was getting pasted badly. I pm'd people to tell them that it was going to be my last race, thought i would tell him as well out of politeness. WHY! The **** started flying straight away NOOOOBY! QUITTER!. Spent the next three races trying to eliminate the cheeky tosser. I left him with "Piss off **** face, nooooby ****" message before adding him to my block list. He resides there alone. What a wanker

Eloï
10th March 2009, 08:28 PM
I can't remember any true "hating" message while playing on wipeout, and that's very good thing for me. WO players are very polite in general. I used to play Burnout P a while and each day I received insults, and that, sadly, made me move away from the game, after many hours. But when I play WO I'm cool, I know I play with respectful players, who play the game to have fun, and who don't take it too seriously ( except in the middle of an intense race of course ;) ).

lol I turned it into a message of love I think

CaptainWipeout
10th March 2009, 10:16 PM
I wonder how many people have actually blocked Chiryu. It must be most of the regular WO players.

I've said before - I won't even race with the guy, which is a shame because he's good.

yeldar2097
10th March 2009, 10:40 PM
raced him once, coincidentally in an auricom (which he uses), as i was 100k'ing it.
not a peep...

Zoth-Ommog
10th March 2009, 11:07 PM
I think i should consider myself lucky, because i've never seen this chiryu guy.. all these "compliments" assure that i won't go anywhere close, because i have some temper when it comes to bitching and badmouthing. And i have no intend to ruin my game sessions because of a retard like him.

Darkdrium777
11th March 2009, 05:21 AM
I've never seen him as well. He sounds like a myth at this point.
You gotta see it to believe it!
:D

KIGO1987
11th March 2009, 10:54 AM
Ive raced this ****tard before. And he is a get ****tard too.

blackwiggle
11th March 2009, 12:33 PM
He ALWAYS comes up as a USA racer when I'm online.
Connavar does as well.

???????

stinkleroy
11th March 2009, 02:18 PM
Chiryu has always got a French flag whenever I see him, but you're right about connavar, I thought he was American until I joined up here...then the confusion set in :p

Oh and I've mentioned themadderfacker in this thread previously, another fast pilot with an attitude problem. That guy is a tool!

Darkdrium777
12th March 2009, 08:58 AM
Something to do with the location you are using I guess... Connavar, set yourself to EU :D

designer_79
12th March 2009, 02:58 PM
I was racing this Chiryu guy in one of my first ever online races .... It's kind of funny that the 'REAL' noobs don't get such crap from him. Well actually of course, they are not a threat to him.

And just my opinion about 'TheMadderf...er', well what else can be expected from someone giving himself this kind of nick?? :rolleyes:

But luckily enough guys like these are a clear minority , so we can have still a lot of fun together on the tracks. I just don't want to start thinking about the general tone in some online shooters, especially thinking about flaming wars on certain game-news-sites :blarg

(This was not a generalization of people playing FPS, but assuming the percentage of more immature players in this genre is certainly higher)

This said, see you on tracks soon, I have always a good time racing other zoners!! :beer

Golgofier
13th March 2009, 10:27 PM
I also consider WO players to be a lot more polite and overall more mature, I guess, than in many other online games which makes it a lot more enjoyable to me.
Actually, I'd say one of the main things that makes this game stand above many other "racing games" is it's great fan-base. I suppose wipeouters are just a tad more civilized :P

That said, I would like to meet this Chiryu character and deliver a few :bomb his way :)

Mad-Ice
14th March 2009, 11:31 AM
I have bought an official PS headset for the PS3, but I can't seem to chat or hear anything. I can't even see the logo in the lobby menu when pilots are chatting. Is it even possible atm to chat in the lobby or during a game? Maybe I am doing something wrong or the headset is broken?

eLhabib
14th March 2009, 11:37 AM
Did you read the instructions? ;)
Probably you haven't registered it correctly on the PS3? I have a Logitech Bluetooth headset, but I use it mainly for Street Fighter - somehow the chat quality in wipEout HD is horrible, and most people don't have a headset anyway...

Mad-Ice
14th March 2009, 11:45 AM
Well all the lights lit up like they supposed to. It does everything like it says in the instructions, how it should sink with the PS3 system, but when I talk, nothing happens? Weird, I will try some more and otherwise I will be going back to the shop. Thanks anyway El.

Golgofier
14th March 2009, 12:14 PM
I'm sure you know this but just in case - I think you have to hold down L2 or R2 when you want to say something.

Greenix
14th March 2009, 12:20 PM
Me thinks it's L1

LOUDandPROUD
14th March 2009, 12:43 PM
Yes, it's L1. And I have that same headset with no problems...other than the fact the chat in WOHD is horrible. I can barely ever understand what anyone is saying.

Connavar
14th March 2009, 01:16 PM
Mad-Ice, make sure to go to audio output options in the PS3 settings and choose usb output or something.

Lion
14th March 2009, 01:59 PM
I think he'd be wanting it to output to the bluetooth device for voice chat.
I wound up moving my voice chat button to R3,
I kinda wish voice chat was always on, as opposed to press-to-talk.. it results in more social gameplay in some other titles

OBH
20th March 2009, 11:23 AM
tell you what, id never looked at this thread as id never had any bad chat sessions.

turns out when i met someone worth winging about, theres a whole damn thread dedicated to him! :D everybodies best buddy chiryuu was sending me "you are feeble" messages.

wasnt even me you were racing mate, wont catch me in that AG :beer

Mad-Ice
20th March 2009, 12:59 PM
I have done everything which was possible and even not possible. It still doesn't work, it's really broken! I am getting a new one from the shop, tomorrow I will hook up the new one.

YouAreFubar
20th March 2009, 05:55 PM
I came across chiryu007 last night. He set up a 6 race tournament. I came second in the first race which he won and he sent me a message entitled 'YOUAREFEEBLE' and in the message he simply said 'pussy'. I tried my hardest to beat him and id reached a point where if I came first or second in the last race id win, however I havent played WipEout really since Killzone 2 came out and it was Sebenco Climb. I kept oversteering into the sharp corners and came a miserable sixth. I was hoping to be able to rub it in his face but failed.

Needless to say, afterwards I replied to his message saying that he must be leading a really sad and pathetic life if he gets off on abusing people he has the misfortune of racing against, and that people like him really need to grow up (I omitted a few swear words). He also earned the honour of being the first person to be put on my blocklist. Do you think it would be worth raising a grief report with Sony?

mdhay
20th March 2009, 06:29 PM
Yep, get his ass banned.

CaptainWipeout
20th March 2009, 06:35 PM
Just block him and never race him. Any time he pops into a room - I leave. I'm also not the only one - and I've never suffered as a result.

yeldar2097
20th March 2009, 06:40 PM
has anyone checked to see if he abuses auricom racers?
cos when i raced him back in my auricom days he was quiet as a mouse and he was using auricom too.
maybe i'll add him and get some races going...then block him if he annoys me

JJohnEames
20th March 2009, 06:51 PM
i think hes funny cause hes such a loser, he's never beaten me,he wont even race me anymore. A sad Bastard if ever i met one.

YouAreFubar
20th March 2009, 06:52 PM
I submitted a grief form against him, if anyone else has had issues with him, id do the same. If no-one says anything, Sony wont know any different and do anything about it. I also put a link to this thread on the form.

Yeldar, ive raced him once or twice before and he hasnt said anything, this time he singled me out though and it really annoyed me. I dont play games to deal with people like that.

Hellfire_WZ
20th March 2009, 07:21 PM
It really is such a shame he's a grade-A bollock badger because he's not all that bad a player. I got another "pussy" message off of him a few days ago before I mowed his face into the track in a tournament.

Cerium
20th March 2009, 08:41 PM
I submitted a grief form against him, if anyone else has had issues with him, id do the same. If no-one says anything, Sony wont know any different and do anything about it. I also put a link to this thread on the form.

Yeldar, ive raced him once or twice before and he hasnt said anything, this time he singled me out though and it really annoyed me. I dont play games to deal with people like that.

I was really hoping either you, thorgod or acrooklin beat him, as I'm getting too rusty to even keep up with you guys. My only real accomplishment that tourney was taking him out with a quake on the 2nd race. But anyway, those races were brutal -- he just happened to squeak out some wins after everyone else was done killing each other. I think there were 7 or 8 eliminations on Chengou...

Regardless, I hate the attitude people like him have when it comes to these games. Everyone should do everything in their power to get his speaking privileges revoked.

YouAreFubar
21st March 2009, 01:37 AM
I was gutted I lost that tourney, if id have come first or second i would have had him and id have rubbed it in his face so badly. But it was literally the second time id picked up WipEout HD since KZ2 came out and I was very rusty on Sebenco Climb and lost very badly.

He joined a room I hosted tonight and I just left straight away, I dont see why i should be wasting my bandwidth to host a game for someone like that. If I bump into him in someone elses room I may stick around and have another attemp at beating him. Ive been getting some practice in and im almost back to my previous standard. If ive blocked him, can I still send him messages to rub it in?

Like Hellfire said though, its a shame because he is actually a pretty good pilot.

LOUDandPROUD
21st March 2009, 03:33 AM
1 - I've used Auricom when racing him before and he still harassed me with rude messages, as usual.

2 - How do I go about submitting a grief form against him?

Darkdrium777
21st March 2009, 03:43 AM
http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx

lunar
21st March 2009, 08:37 AM
I just have him blocked, job done. Anyway, perhaps he gives us all a reason to shake our pitchforks in the same direction and brings us together ;) If he`s the worst thing we have to deal with it`s not so bad, as most online games I have played are ruined by hackers, cheaters, rammers, spoilers, people flying the wrong way and parking in chicanes. If this player is the worst thing in HD we are bloody lucky and just having to block one guy with an over-developed ego and delusions of his own amazingness isn`t too high a price :)

LOUDandPROUD
21st March 2009, 12:46 PM
@ Darkdrium777 - Thanks for the link...just submitted my complaint.

Golgofier
22nd March 2009, 11:43 AM
Oh my... a player going by the nick "Phoenix437" really made my day yesterday :P

We were doing a couple of single races where he won half the time and I the other half. He then proceeded to set up a 12 stage Tourney (phantom) and sent me a message saying something like: "enough of this bullshit, im taking icaras and humiliating you!!".
I replied "GLHF..." and off we went. Four tracks later I was 32 points richer and had also managed to eliminate him once with a plasma bolt and once with a bomb. At the fifth race he left and was never to be heard from again :g

I sent him a message informing him that if he ever felt like humiliating me again he should check out wipeoutzone.com and maybe join Team Nordic (he was Finnish) but Im not sure he's to keen on that idea ;)

Seriously though, Its totally possible that he was just being a bit competitive and wanted to raise the stakes a bit so I'm not saying he's anything like this chiryu character. For now I'll give him the benefit of a doubt :)

RJ O'Connell
22nd March 2009, 04:38 PM
Played chiryu for the first time this morning. Basically he quit after lap 1.5 after I built up a 4 second lead on him at Vineta K.

No flames, no trolling, just me going faster than he was...

Oddly enough I haven't gotten any stupid messages from anyone yet....maybe I'm playing online at the wrong time.

LOUDandPROUD
22nd March 2009, 04:47 PM
Ah! So YOU'RE blinky77! Raced you earlier today and you kicked my butt! Had I known you were from here, I would have said hello! Hope to race you again soon and fare a little better!

RJ O'Connell
22nd March 2009, 04:56 PM
Ya. It is a bit confusing, but I don't want to use my real name as a gamertag, and if I requested a username change it would just confuse a bunch of people since I've used my real name for six years!

yeldar2097
22nd March 2009, 09:53 PM
had a LOONG session with our good friend chiryu :lol
he was perfectly amicable :dizzy wtf??
he was dead friendly and even complimented me.
maybe sony have spanked him into shape?

eLhabib
22nd March 2009, 10:21 PM
maybe he just grew his first pubic hair and realised he was finally growing up ;)

LOUDandPROUD
23rd March 2009, 12:14 AM
@ Yeldar - Hmm...could be!

@ eLhabib - LOL!

IH8YOU
23rd March 2009, 03:11 AM
Yeldar bad-touched me in a Phantom tournament. :dizzy

This is okay though, as he offered to help me with my 5 lap phobia. :+

Edit - the thumb had no connection with the bad-touch, FYI!