PDA

View Full Version : adhocParty to enable online play

sakerbax
7th November 2008, 12:12 AM
hey have you read about this (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/11/06/sony-gets-the-adhocparty-beta-started-in-japan/)?

Sony released adhocParty beta today in japan
for what i gather it's kinda like xlink but using a ps3
you connect you psp to your ps3 and can play any game that supports adhoc with people from your friend's list with their psps connected to ps3.

sure u need a ps3 and in case of wipeout you're probably better off playing pulse or hd but it's still nice,

Darkdrium777
7th November 2008, 12:15 AM
It doesn't work with WipEout PurE, only Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G right now.

sakerbax
7th November 2008, 03:21 PM
nah
i thought that too but it works with any game
they just show monster hunter on the video but other people tried it and it's not game specific

Asayyeah
7th November 2008, 04:36 PM
That is really a cool feature : we were too few people to succeed in connecting to Xlink but we were nuts :D ( check the KAi Rendez vous thread )
I would like to test that when it hits Europe

A kai revival session guys ?
:P

lunar
7th November 2008, 04:43 PM
I`ll definitely be up for it if we can make Pure work! :hyper

kanar
7th November 2008, 04:54 PM
After this info I remembered this one http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5365. More & more psp/ps3 links, good news.

This ad hoc to infrastructure thing would be fantastic for pulse & pure!

leungbok
7th November 2008, 05:03 PM
hey pals, imagine ps3 ad-hoc for psp pure with a sixaxis or ps2 controller using the yuv cable to play on tv. We should have a "sous-Hd" game :lol ("low quality hd game").

kanar
7th November 2008, 05:22 PM
lol leungbok, I'm sure some of us are crazy enough to try that!

EDIT : adhoc party was just released in japan (ps store). Maybe Hisho or another Japanese here could test it with pure or pulse?

sakerbax
8th November 2008, 04:08 PM
im not going to do it but you can open a jap psn account and download the software lot's of people in forums tried it and says it works.

Darkdrium777
8th November 2008, 04:53 PM
Adhoc party is free I suppose? If it is I can try to find it on the store and download it, to give it a try. (If I can manage to get everything working, which will be quite a challenge since my understanding of japanese is nonexistant.)

sakerbax
10th November 2008, 08:23 PM
here (http://www.psphyper.com/psp/adhocparty-a-simple-guide/)is a guide to get adhocparty running on your ps3

beware since it's going to use the wireless to comunicate with your psp it must be connected to the net with an ethernet cable.

Darkdrium777
10th November 2008, 10:47 PM
PSP with latest firmware... Hm... I might not be able to do that...
Also it says that the rooms are available for only MHP2ndG so how do I join someone with PurE?

sakerbax
11th November 2008, 03:09 PM
i'd have to try it to answer..

btw there's nothing preventing you from using the "latest firmware" it's just a matter of placing a text file on your memory card with the version number =)

Spaceboy Gajo
14th November 2008, 03:59 PM
Oh this is good news! Thanks for keeping us updated sakerbax.

When I first heard this, I thought of you guys that play it on Kai. Wanted to join you guys, but didn't want to go through the extra steps in getting it to work. Now all you need is a PS3.

However, I really wish Sony wises up and opens this up to the rest of the world. It'd be great to have this instead of jumping through more hoops to get it to work. As you can tell, I'm not much for doing that. I'd rather it be officially released here where I'm from so I can finally get some awesome Pure action that I've been missing since you guys have been on Kai.

Darkdrium777
15th November 2008, 02:57 AM
saker: There is a bypass now anyways.
Anyways, I still haven't reconnected the PS3 to the world wide web so I didn't try it out. I still don't see how this AdHoc Party would work with PurE since the rooms in the software are made to be compatible with MHP2ndG. Like Spaceboy I would like it too if it were released worldwide and made officially compatible for all games, that way there would be no trouble trying to figure out exactly how it works. It's a great idea from Sony but they need to take a few pointers from Kai (Like the separate game categories).

Darkdrium777
20th November 2008, 01:55 PM
Well Sony has updated the software, adding 33 new games as supported. WipEout isn't part of them yet, as a european game I guess we will have to wait for worldwide release.

* Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
* Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Portable
* Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Portable 2
* Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Portable 3
* Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable
* Initial D: Street Stage
* Brain Trainer Portable 2
* Kazuo
* Sarugetchu P!
* Doko Demo Issho
* Piposaru Academia: Dossari! Sarugee Daizenshuu
* Bleach: Heat the Soul
* Bleach: Heat the Soul 4
* Bleach: Heat the Soul 5
* Boku no Natsuyasumi Portable Mushi Mushi Hakase Teppen Yama no Himitsu!!
* Minna no Golf Portable
* Minna no Golf Portable 2
* Ratchet & Clank Gekitotsu! Dodeka Ginga no MiriMiri Gundan
* LocoRoco
* Gundam Battle Chronicle
* Gundam Battle Universe
* Gundam Battle Royale
* Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam
* Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. Portable
* Taiko no Tatsujin Portable
* Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2
* Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
* Tekken: Dark Resurrection
* Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2
* Naruto Narutimate Portable: Mugenjo no Maki
* Macross Ace Frontier

xEik
20th November 2008, 06:13 PM
There's two things that I find surprising in that list.
First: No Monster Hunter Portable 2? Its online needs should be exactly the same as MHP2G. Is it assumed that it is already supported?
Second: LocoRoco? I own the game. It is great. But its online capabilities are worth nothing. Why put it in the list? Because it was dead esy to test?

Darkdrium777
20th November 2008, 10:30 PM
Well Monster Hunter is a pretty big hit in Japan, so they must assume that everyone who owns MHP2ndG also owns MHP2, so doing both games would be redundant as the latest game includes all the content of the previous ones.
TBH I'm part of this group, I have all MH games to date :P (Except Monster Hunter Dos which never made it here).

JABBERJAW
21st November 2008, 12:42 AM
Just to get this straight, if they release pure, pulse or both, we will be able to use a dualshock controller with it? or sixaxis? If so, that would be pretty sweet. Will there be any lag though from control input to movement onscreen?

Darkdrium777
21st November 2008, 03:27 AM
No the PS3 acts as X-Link Kai, it doesn't replace the PSP in terms of controls. No ''official'' dualshock support, although there are some pretty bad ass PSP mods out there where a dualshock and a PSP are modified to interact through USB :O

sakerbax
24th November 2008, 06:56 PM
and since resistance will allow the psp version to be played with a dual shock while connected to the ps3 we could hope for well a pulse dlc?.. :rolleyes:

Darkdrium777
24th November 2008, 09:03 PM
You can hope but it won't come.
*Looks at Pulse DLC status in NA*

Darkdrium777
22nd December 2008, 07:20 PM
AdHoc Party has been updated once more:

Arc System Works

- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
- Guilty Gear Judgement

Ertain

- The Con
- Xyanide
- Boxers Road 2: The Real
- Lost Regnum

Idea Factory

- Cardinal Arc

Irem

- Sengoku Efuda Yuugi: Hototogisu Ran

AQ Interactive

- Jitsuroku Oniyome Nikki

Electronic Arts

- NBA Street Showdown
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
- Need For Speed Underground Rivals
- Burnout Dominator

ESP

- Hajime no Ippo Portable Victorious Spirits

Enterbrain

- Derby Stallion P

Alchemist

- Higurashi Daybreak Portable

Gust

- Mana Khemia: Student Alliance

Capcom

- Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
- Capcom Classics Collection
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Street Fighter Alpha 3: Double Upper
- Powerstone Portable
- Monster Hunter Portable
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd
- Monster Hunter Portable 2G

Global A

- Dungeon Maker II

Genki

- Carnage Heart Portable
- Daisenryaku Portable 2

Koei

- Mahjong Taikai

Konami

- Coded Arms
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 2
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 3
- Metal Gear Acid 2

Cyber Front

- Korkor! Koron

Success

- Saikyou Shogi Bonanza
- Shanghai
- Nunpure 10000-mon

System Soft Alpha

- Daisenryaku VII Exceed

Square Enix

- Dissidia: Final Fantasy
- Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable

Spike

- Kenka Banchou 3: Zenkoku Seiha
- Tomb Raider Legend

Sega

- Intial D Special Stage
- Sega Rally Revo
- Nou ni Kaikan: Minna de Aha Taiken!
- Nouryoku Training Portable 2
- Phantasy Star Portable

Sony Computer Entertainment

- Kazuo
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
- Ape Escape: On the Loose
- Saru Get You: SaruSaru Daisakusen
- Saru Get You: Saru Racer
- Derby Time
- Derby Time 2006
- Tenchi no Mon 2
- Dokodemo Issho
- Dokodemo Issho: Let’s Gakkou
- Nippon no Asoko de
- Mercury
- Patapon 2
- Ape Escape Academy
- Ape Escape Academy 2
- Formula One 2005 Portable
- Bleach Heat the Soul
- Bleach Heat the Soul 4
- Bleach Heat the Soul 5
- Boku no Natsuyasumi Portable
- Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
- Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2
- Echochrome
- Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- LocoRoco
- LocoRoco 2
- Wipeout Pure

Taito

- Ultra Puzzle Bobble Pocket
- Ooedo Senryoubako
- Space Invaders Extreme
- Densha de Go! Pocket: Osaka Kanjousen Hen
- Densha de Go! Pocket: Toukaidousen Hen
- Densha de Go! Pocket: Chuuousen Hen
- Densha de Go! Pocket: Yamanotesen Hen

D3 Publisher

- The IQ Cube
- The Table Game
- The Puzzle Quest
- The My Taxi

Nippon Ichi Software

- Prinny: Can I Be The Hero?
- Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness

Nihon Falcom

- Vantage Master Portable

Hudson

- Dungeon Explorer
- Rengoku: The Stairway of Heaven

Namco Bandai

- Gundam Battle Chronicle
- Gundam Battle Tactics
- Gundam Battle Universe
- Gundam Battle Royale
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Alliance vs. Z.A.F.T. Portable
- Quiz Mobile Suit Gundam: Toi Senshi DX
- Gunpey-R
- Smash Court Tennis 3
- Taiko no Tatsujin Portable
- Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2
- Chuugen no Hasha: Sangoku Shouseiden
- Tales of the World: Raidant Mythology
- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
- Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2
- Naruto: Narutimate Portable Mugenjou no Maki
- Bounty Hounds
- Me & My Katamari
- Macross Ace Frontier

From Software

- Adventure Player
- Armored Core Formula Front
- Armored Core Formula Front International

Marvelous

- Valhalla Knights
- AI Mahjong
- Hitman Reborn: Battle Arena
- New Rainbow Islands
- Fish Eyes Portable

Yes, you read that right :)

From QJ.net (http://pspupdates.qj.net/More-titles-added-to-PSP-Ad-Hoc-Party/pg/49/aid/127449)

stin
22nd December 2008, 08:52 PM
That is great news!

Me and Tomahawk who was there last week, who did talked about Pure online.

Right, when I will have time and I hopefully try to work it out eventually.

stevie:)

Darkdrium777
22nd December 2008, 09:32 PM
These are for the Japanese versions though, no idea if it will work with Euro or even US.

stin
22nd December 2008, 10:21 PM
Yes, I`m aware of that, but hopefully all the Pure`s versions will work.

Because, I do have four different versions of Pure, but, I`m hoping it`s Euros...

rdmx
23rd December 2008, 03:00 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet! Maybe I can actually try playing some of you in Pure :P

Frances_Penfold
14th March 2009, 07:25 PM
There's a full guide for using the adhoc party software here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15066520&postcount=148

In principle, this should be fully use-able by anybody with a PS3, a JPN user account (which is free to create) and a copy of Wipeout Pure-- right? You need to navigate some menus written in Japanese but otherwise it is supposedly straightforward...

KIGO1987
12th October 2009, 09:26 PM
I found this on the Gran Turismo Forums, still confuses the **** outta me, anybody can get this crap to work;

Link;
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121236&page=3

Text;
1. Download and install Adhoc Party on your PS3. You will need a japanese account to be able to do this. (toturials on how to install a japanese account and how to download and install AHP have been posted before).

2. Register your PSP with your PS3, using the same account as you use on your PS3 (this doesn't have to be the japanese account). If you have another account on your PSP, delete it first and than register the PSP with your PS3.

3. Hard wire your PS3 to the internet, so do not use Wifi. If you start Adhoc Party while not connected with a cable, it will tell you so.

4. Now you are ready to play. Start AHP on the PS3 and select the top option (press circle, this is accept in Japan, like most of us would use x). I noticed that with some games, you could select the 3rd option and it will start scanning for your PSP. With GT this will not work and is not necessary.

5. This brings you to a field with a large circle, showing a world's name (e.g. A).

6. Step to World J where all our GT friends should be (use the shoulder button L1 to step left for quick access, or R1 to visit all the other worlds).

7. Again a big circle, with numbers 01 to 64. GT games (or rather GT Planet) are to be found in lobbies 30 - 35. Use the left analogue stick to highlight one of these lobbies and while holding this room number, press O.

8. This will show 3 lobbies. With the analogue stick (or up/down buttons) select the one you want and press O again.

9. Now you are in a big green playground. If you are lucky, there is a little house showing with a name like GT or GT Planet. With the left analogue stick bring up a circilar pointer and move it to this room. Press O again to enter the room. If you get a dialogue with 2 options, select the bottom one, and press O.

10. No one there? Move your cursor to some emtpy spot and press O, and O again. Fill in a name for your room (e.g. GTPlanet rules!), highlight the bottom left option, and press O. Now you have opened your own room.

11. You are now in a game room. Here you can chat by keyboard or head set, and also join games. Time to fire up the PSP.

12. On your PSP, go to Adhoc Mode and select multi player.

13. Pick a room (x), and create one (unless one is already available, just join that one). And you are ready to race.

14. For trading cars, just select share and trade and be patient for your friend's cars to show up.

Edit> As far as I know, you need to be from the same region (NTCS, PAL) to be able race or trade with each other.

Link once again;
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121236&page=3

kanar
13th October 2009, 08:39 AM
err looks complicated mate, but I'll try to download the ad hoc app tonight, & I'll follow the steps to play GT online. Thanks for that.

KIGO1987
13th October 2009, 08:44 AM
Im going to create another account too, see if i can sift through all the **** and maybe to get this thing to work.

Maybe ask the Jap players here on the zone, to see if they have got this to work also.

KIGO1987
14th October 2009, 09:25 AM
Anybody wants to race on Pulse,Pure,Gran Turismo,GTA PSP

Follow these 4 links that i have provided :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgzDu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnW4S...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm1OwZN-iAU

Good racing:)

Asayyeah
15th October 2009, 01:15 PM
Kieran i must reckon your dedication to help people connecting adhoc psp/ps3 reminds me the start of the underground kai session where Stephen (Lunar) did helped me to connect through it.

Very helpful links and tutorial :+

KIGO1987
15th October 2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks there Arnaud:)

Yeah getting the all the ad-hoc application to work is bit of a bitch, but once it is all done, you can rep the rewards of doing online PSP games like Gran Turismo, GTA LCS and VCS, as well as Pure.

Im going to merge those 4 video's together an upload them onto my Youtube channel, have one video, get more people on ad-hoc around the world. Im really puzzled over why SCE hasnt distributed this product outside of Japan, then again, nobody understands any of the marketing tatics of Sony these days, all very secretive.

Lets hope there is a ad-hoc party on the world PSN stores soon. So we can all do PSP online games like Pure and GT:)

kaori
2nd November 2009, 10:26 PM
I've played WipEout Pure tonight with Ad Hoc Party with a guy who prefers staying anonymous, it was too cool !

q_dmc12
3rd November 2009, 03:53 AM
I knew a guy on Kai by the handle 2cool - 2cool4you I believe it was..

kaori
3rd November 2009, 07:46 PM
I am online now, with G-Superpilot, World J, lobby 44.

EDIT : I was online.

MrSmadSmartAlex
3rd November 2009, 09:27 PM
Gah....
This is making me want a PS3! Just to play Pure online (maybe I'd dabble with HD a bit too)!:lol

KIGO1987
4th November 2009, 07:39 AM
Do so. Ive been racing Kaori on Gran Turismo PSP and yet Pure.

Ad-hoc Party on the PS3, is easier to operate than Kai.

Mad-Ice
4th November 2009, 10:23 AM
I just made a Japanese account! I also downloaded Ad-Hoc party. Do you need to put the internet cable directly into the PS3? Instead of being wireless with PS3 and PSP?

Greetz Mad-Ice

kanar
4th November 2009, 10:31 AM
hey Mad, your ps3 linked to the internet via a cable, and your ps3 will automatically use the wi-fi for the psp. Finally this ad hoc thing is easy to set up, even if you don't understand Japanese. Thanks again Kigo for the walkthrough. Maybe we could try some ad hoc party nov. 13/14/15, would be funny to try pure & pulse with it.

Mad-Ice
4th November 2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks Kanar! I will do that. Unfortunately the Avalon weekends is totally booked for me.:mad:

I hope to test Pure tonight around 21:00, for anyone willing to play with me?

Mad-Ice
5th November 2009, 06:24 PM
Never found anyone yesterday! But this tutorial helped me a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UzTyDJSnl0

If someone wants to play Pure online, give me a nudge.

Rapier Racer
6th November 2009, 12:00 AM
I'll be up for that at some point if we can arrange it, coincidence I just charged my PSP today ready for some Pure practice tomorrow, suddenly felt the urge to return to my favorite Wipeout :cowboy

Of course I'll need to do the whole Japanese account creation and download bit first if that is the method your using.

Mad-Ice
6th November 2009, 01:31 PM
That would be awesome to race you again in Pure RRA! You know Asa and I have tried anything to get KAI running at my place, but unfortunately it didn't work. Now with ad-hoc party we can share the fun again, just like we did in Amsterdam, Liverpool and Le Havre.

Greetz Mad-Ice

kaori
7th November 2009, 11:08 AM
Will you want play WipEout Pure (PAL) monday night ? From 21.00 Paris (GMT +1).

rdmx
7th November 2009, 11:51 PM
Wow is this actually working for real now?
Shame my horrible ping to the rest of you will screw everything up :|

Mad-Ice
8th November 2009, 07:18 AM
Yes, Kaori! That would be awesome. I can even be online earlier, is 20:00 ok? In which room shall we meet? C ya mondaynight. Looking forward to it.

Yes Insertcoin, Kaori already has been playing through adhoc party and it works very well. If you have the time and opportunity, you are welcome to join.

Greetz Mad-Ice

kaori
8th November 2009, 08:58 AM
Hi insertcoin, I've played Gran Turismo with Kigo, ad hoc party worked fine.
I've played some 3 players races too on Gran Turismo, no problems, but with 4 players, impossible to start a race... ad hoc party is always a beta !
And I've played WipEout Pure with leungbok the first time, and with G-Superpilot the second time, no problem this times.

Glad you can come Mad-Ice, but I think 20.00 is too early for me. I hope some other racers join us.
For the room, we should choose an empty space, (with a grey little man).
We will use text chat for tell which room we will go.

KIGO1987
8th November 2009, 11:20 AM
Yes, i have raced Kaori on ad-hoc party on the PS3, there is lag involved. But it works good, anyone what to organize anything, just PM me on the PSN along with the other people that you want to race :)

kaori
9th November 2009, 06:57 PM
We are in !
World J, room 44 !

kaori
9th November 2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks Mad-Ice for this races, we have started by 3 single races, two win for the Flying Dutchman, and one for me (and the first backquake :banzai)
Then we have done all 7 tournaments. First, betâ tournament, and we were ex eaquo, 26-26. After, Mad-Ice won 5 post tournaments, 4-0 or 3-1.
And the last, Alpha tournament, I finally won a tournament !

Great moments tonight, thanks Mad-Ice.
No chance for your plasma bolt on CardCity, it passed under me while I was doing a barell roll, it was an intense experience ;)

lunar
10th November 2009, 10:23 AM
Beating Mad-Ice on Pure even once is something to shout about ;) I would never fail to find a way to bring the subject up in public :pirate

Sounds like great times - was there much lag? More or less than you would get on Kai, if you ever used it?

Mad-Ice
11th November 2009, 06:49 AM
@Kaori; thank you so much mate! Indeed what a fun we had. The moment I saw your name in my PSP I was full of wonder and joy. Asa and I have done everything to get Kai working at my place, with no luck. I could only play Kai when I was at his place. And those moments were great. I hope to re-live them now.

Great racing report too! And you even forgot to tell, you killed me with a plasma bolt in the first lap of a race, forgot which track :paperbag. Wanted to forget the whole moment but it is a trauma now, so I think I need therapy! On top of that you did it in a very cool way, while we both were turning around a corner.

Looking forward to coming sunday, with G-Superpilot!

@Lunar: lol mate! So download Adhoc Party and get your Goteki45 on the tracks to teach me a lesson! BTW: There was almost no lag, it was certainly better than Kai.

kaori
13th November 2009, 03:58 PM
An english version of Ad Hoc Party is coming on US playstation store.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/11/adhocparty-for-psp-available-soon/

It will be easier to understand all options :+

Frances_Penfold
13th November 2009, 09:20 PM
Just came here to post this :)

Freakin' finally! Not that setting up the system on a JPN account is that big a deal, but still-- there really was no reason not to release an english version earlier.

Now I just need to get an ethernet connection to my PS3, about 40-50 feet from our router...

SaturnReturn
13th November 2009, 09:30 PM
Sweeeet! Now all I need is to figure a way to get a LAN connection all the way downstairs and I can join in the fun. :D

kaori
13th November 2009, 10:04 PM
In Europe & Australia too :P :
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/11/13/adhocparty-for-playstation-portable-coming-to-scee/

Frances Penfold, welcome in my club, I have 33 feet of ethernet cable !

lunar
13th November 2009, 10:23 PM
this is great news and it really is going to have to be Pure practice time soon :cold Who needs the inferior later versions of Pure anyway? ;) :paperbag

It`s really worth putting in a cable for everyone who wants to take advantage of this, as the PS3 connects to the internet much better on a cable anyway. I have about 50 metres of ethernet and it doesn`t do me any harm :blarg

MrSmadSmartAlex
13th November 2009, 10:32 PM
Ha! By "inferior later versions of Pure", do you mean what I think you mean?;)
If so, then: :lol:lol:lol (and I agree btw).
This is really tempting me to buy a PS3, although all this advert :turd I keep reading about is kind of putting me off. So I don't know what to do now!:blarg
So I'll play Pure and Pulse while I decide.:D

Frances_Penfold
13th November 2009, 10:44 PM
Glad to hear the PAL lands aren't getting the shaft on this :)

Frances Penfold, welcome in my clu, I have 33 feet of ethernet cable

Heh, I was just online looking at 50' lengths of ethernet offered by Amazon. Probably I will upgrade my router hardware to a version that supports wireless + wired connections at the same time.

Who needs the inferior later versions of Pure anyway? ;) :paperbag

Amen to that, brother ;)

Mad-Ice
14th November 2009, 09:40 AM
So tomorrow it will be packed during the PURE adhoc Party Sunday evening sessions.:D:+

Waiting for Lunar, MrSmadSmartAlex, Saturn and Frances to join the fun.

Trying to get back to the old days and the old ways of the zone.

Rapier Racer
14th November 2009, 04:15 PM
Well now, back to Pure it is when this comes, I'm afraid I'm too lazy to go through the Japanese account creation and download rigmarole.

Asayyeah
16th November 2009, 05:27 PM
I can give you a hand Stephen if that motivates you to come ( i know Kaori recently put some effort to let me have the pleasure to race online Pure and i am not regretting it).
But it was a true pain in the ass to be able to be there last night vs Kaori, MadIce & NightArh.

I don't have (yet) a routeur only a cable modem no wifi with just 1 rj45 slot, so i had to unplug my pc to plug my ps3 : not the perfect way but hopefully i don't have this modem at 50 meters located from my bedroom : it's in it. Early december i change all the internet/tv/telephone set up from the house for a nice one (i hope lol)

Jap psn rejected my 3 email adresses + 1 given by Kaori so i end up entering an imaginary adress finishing by .jp.

Connecting psp to ps3 : that is nothing usually but here lol i did struggle a LOT but succeeded at the end.
The rest was pretty easy eventhough i haven't understood all the features from Adhoc Party lol anyway i did entered the arena from Kaori and joined Matthijs and Nightarh ( 1st time for him playing Pure !! it was the demo Kaori sent to him).
Matt' wasn't in his good days except on Delta, Kaori was on fire through Alpha tournament that let me having Beta, gamma and classic1 ( at my very own surprise :O but MadIce played the kamikaze role on his precious Karbonis : Karbooomnis :twisted )
Looking forward to next sunday !

Mad-Ice
16th November 2009, 06:08 PM
Boom boom boom, I want you in my room! Gonna get medieval on your ASsA! Well indeed, I had some warming up problems, lol! It was my job to clean the track and those two frenchmen made a croque-monsieur out of me. Squeezed me at the start several times so a comeback was hard.

But I fought with all I got and kept my head high and finally it paid of! Of course, you can understand how much I am in love with tour Delta now.

Anyway, Kaori was on fire during Alpha and won his first tour against Asa. He is still flying high on it, I suppose. Congrats mate. :+

RRA: get your :turd together and kick some :mr-t with us on Pure.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Task
16th November 2009, 06:23 PM
An english version of Ad Hoc Party is coming on US playstation store.
Oh, man, now that really makes me want to get a PS3!
And then I could also play some serious HD. That would be pretty good too!

Who needs the inferior later versions of Pure anyway?
8 ) Right on! Pure is just... pure goodness! 8 D

Trying to get back to the old days and the old ways of the zone.
Double hell-yeah.

kaori
16th November 2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for racing yesterday, I enjoyed Alpha Tour, it's possible it will take me lot of time before I won an other tournament against Mad-Ice and Asa !
It was the first time I beat master Asa, each time I played with him in real life, he was over trained !

And Gamma Tour are the closest, with a crucial last race won by Asa.

Ad Hoc Party is awesome, I was able to send the demo to NightArh.
We could race some races with 4 players on Vineta K.
But during sending, Asa and mad-Ice couldn't played.

And I was able to connected my 2 PSP in a race !

Results :

Alpha :
KAO 30 1112
ASA 26 2221
MAD 20 3333

Beta :
ASA 32 1111
MAD 24 2222
KAO 20 3333

Classic :
ASA 28 1212
KAO 22 2323
MAD 16 x1x1

Gamma :
ASA 27 2311
MAD 25 1223
KAO 24 3132

Delta :
MAD 30 2111
ASA 25 1322
KAO 21 3233Asa quitted us after 1st TT of a Classic 2 tour, Mad-Ice won the 4 races.

I'm ready for playing next sunday (or other day if you prefer)

lunar
16th November 2009, 07:23 PM
it's possible it will take me lot of time before I won an other tournament against Mad-Ice and Asa !

Just choose Classic 1, you drive safely on Karbonis and encourage them to do crazy stunts and - whoops - death is death in Pure. Then play it safe for the remaining 3 races. Not that I ever thought about this or anything..... :paperbag

We are getting quite a list of interested pilots here :) Especially if Task and MrSSAlex take the plunge. I am going to try to make this work out. Where is Stin - we need him back and need both the Scottish Stephens racing Pure - just one drunken Scotsman calling me a w*nker isn`t enough :paperbag

kaori
16th November 2009, 07:52 PM
Haha, thanks for the tip, I will remember it. It's true this tournament was more close than the points want to tell us.

But I suspect Asa and Mad-Ice to be already training for the next event !

Frances_Penfold
17th November 2009, 07:47 AM
Any guesses on whether the JPN, NTSC and PAL versions of adhoc party will "talk" to one another? If not, I am guessing the the PAL version will be the one to have, since Europe has the greatest density of WO pilots...

I am definitely on board with this. It will take a week or so to obtain the new router and run some ethernet cable to my PS3. The option of playing Pure online with WOZ'ers makes me giddy with excitement :hyper

NightArh
17th November 2009, 08:21 AM
Just ordered Pure. Dont know is it PAL or NTSC version... :rolleyes:

kaori
17th November 2009, 08:50 AM
I've the 2 versions :dizzy, Asa & Mad-Ice too :dizzy :dizzy
US : http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:teIBjYN4EKgmvM:http://www.etc.cl/juegos/imag_trucos/wipeout_041205_big.jpg Euro : http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4a83LdYQXltfyM:http://www.scifi-universe.com/upload/medias/jeux/wipeout_pure.jpg

NightArh
17th November 2009, 11:40 AM
I have US version... :? disc has the code UCUS-98612 I want to join Frances' question about compatibility of PAL and NTSC versions...

Jambo
17th November 2009, 03:48 PM
Have started playing Pure again as I got the download version off the store for my PSP Go. Might be able to get online and get destroyed by you guys once ad-hoc party comes along.

Frances_Penfold
17th November 2009, 04:03 PM
I have US version... :? disc has the code UCUS-98612 I want to join Frances' question about compatibility of PAL and NTSC versions...

I guess there are two issues here--

First, can the NTSC, JPN and PAL versions of WipEout PurE talk to each other via adhoc mode? I am pretty sure that the answer to this is "no," based on what I have read here at the WOZ.

Second, can the NTSC, JPN and PAL versions of the PS3 application "adhoc party" talk to each other-- so that if I have the North American version of adhoc party on my PS3, and Asayyeah has the Europe version of adhoc party on his PS3, can we enter a common "room" and play each other if we both have (let's say) a PAL version of WipEout PurE?

It is not a big deal to have multiple, multi-regional accounts on a PS3, so one PS3 can (I assume) have multiple versions of adhoc party installed. So this is mostly a matter of convenience (i.e., having to configure several versions of adhoc party to be able to play PSP games online with people in different regions).

kaori
17th November 2009, 05:01 PM
First, each version of WipEout Pure can't talk each other :(

Second, I don't know if a player on Ad Hoc Party Europe can connect with a player who have Ad Hoc Party America. But it's not a problem, because we have able to download the 2 (and 3 with Japan).

Third, we can try that thursday, (french news (http://www.pspgen.com/adhoc-party-pour-cette-semaine-actualite-190974.html)) !

NightArh
17th November 2009, 08:20 PM
I have 4 accounts currently: ru, jp, eu and us PSN networks. as far as I know there is only japanese version of Ad Hoc party and I am using it... its a shame different versions of this game are not compatible but most of us have US version of it and its good all dlc are aviable for it for free! I began single player campaign to learn game mechanics and tracks... it is strange for me but I begin to love this game!

MrSmadSmartAlex
17th November 2009, 08:53 PM
Oh, do most people not play on the PAL version? I'm afraid I have to so I can use the Klor and Turboweevil ships - don't really like many other ships any more (I have to be awkward:lol). Also, I don't really want to buy Pure again, considering the US version doesn't have any extras that I want.

Been looking around for a good deal on PS3 Slims, but they're all still at full price (except for Sainsbury's which is sold out:bomb).
I really want to play Pure online though!:D

lunar
17th November 2009, 09:30 PM
I think Euro/PAL is the best version as it has the most content - Omega Pack is only on Euro and is one of the best tours you can do. I do have the US version of Pure aswell though.

Good luck with your PS3 hunt Alex. It`s a lot of money to spend for Pure online - but at least we can help test out whether it`s worth it when adhoc party comes out this week. Thanks Kaori for that info.

I had a sneaky look at PSP 3000`s for this - but they are very pricey still and I will stick with my old warhorse PSP 1000 for now.

MrSmadSmartAlex
17th November 2009, 10:21 PM
Well, it's not the only reason I'd get a PS3, but it's pushed me from being only slightly interested to really wanting one!:D
I'd play some PS3 games too (FFXIII for sure), but probably not so much WOHD, just because I prefer Pulse and Pure, and also the older Wipeouts (even though I'm not good at any except Pulse:lol).
I'd be using my white PSP 2000 for Pure online. Eventually my silver 2000 (which rules!) will wear out, so I bought the white one as a spare (and also as an ofw PSP), because I didn't want to risk getting annoyed by that screen issue on the 3000, and I never tried a 1000 (does having less RAM actually make any difference to gameplay?).

Oh, btw, are all the ships in Pure "legal" to use online? I'd imagine Triakis isn't, but what about the others?

lunar
17th November 2009, 10:42 PM
I agree PS3 is definitely worth a buy for many other reasons - I use the "multimedia" functions a lot more than I thought I would, and Blu Ray is genuinely awesome for films.

I`m not sure about whether the less ram on a 1000 makes a difference. I don`t think so. I did have a 2000, but sold it - wish I hadn`t now. I do miss its nice bright screen.

As for Triakis, it was always totally legal on Kai, I think we just use whatever ship feels right and that we like. I don`t use it, but I don`t mind racing against Triakis at all. Infact I would be disapointed if nobody ever used it. :)

Mad-Ice
18th November 2009, 06:03 AM
Looking for a Triakis skill kill Lunar? LOL! I agree on that everyone can use whatever ship they like online. But I like to see that everyone would use other ships than Triakis and Goteki45. I think that Triakis is the best ship, I remember that you were fed up with the use of Triakis on KAI, or not? After Triakis than comes Goteki45, these two ships are really the best ones from PURE. I think if we exclude them from online play we could get a more interesting grid with everyone using different ships. Otherwise it will be like the Euro Convention, almost everybody using Goteki45 for its thrust and shield.

Just a thought! Most important is that everyone downloads adhoc party and joins the fun.

BTW: I think that adhoc party from the Japanese store can communicate with adhoc party downloaded from an Euro account. It is just like with Wipeout HD, the difference is the language. HD works with any account online.

See you all at tha party, greetz Mad-Ice

Rapier Racer
18th November 2009, 11:46 AM
Pfft Triakis HA how many of them did I kill online? I can't remember...

So Ad-Hoc party is out tomorrow? Goods news I'll be online with Pure if it is.

Also it was my understanding the the Euro version of Pure was the more commonly used one, not the US, unless that's changed.

Mad-Ice
18th November 2009, 12:20 PM
Lmao! True RRA. The PAL version is still the one to have and to use. So see you soon mate. I don't think I will be able to make it on Thursday but soon we will play PURE again.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Rapier Racer
18th November 2009, 12:38 PM
Awesome the Pure reunion continues :P I'll need to shape up can't be sucking at my favorite Wipeout, rockets ready!

NightArh
18th November 2009, 12:47 PM
Awesome news about non japanese Ad Hoc Party!:+ Thanks! Need to unlock all feautures as much faster

lunar
18th November 2009, 02:08 PM
I'll need to shape up can't be sucking at my favorite Wipeout, rockets ready!

I had a bit of a refresher on Pure last night and straight away noticed again how rock hard and fast Pure`s rockets are. You can really pick people off with them. As for the practice.... I was bad, but not quite as bad as I thought I would be. Not sure if this can be a positive thing, but I think on Sinucit and Blue Ridge I was just the same as before :paperbag

Pfft Triakis HA how many of them did I kill online? I can't remember...

I`m sure you killed many many silver fattie ships, but I can tell you how many I killed: two. One of them was poor Vic on Citta Nuova and the other was MrX who I had to eliminate on Blue Ridge to win an Alpha tour - and did :mr-t :D That`s why respawns suck ;)

I think we will naturally come to use different ships as well as the usual Goteki acceleration v Triakis catch up battles. No need to worry about that. :)

Rapier Racer
18th November 2009, 06:50 PM
I love Pures rockets best Wipeout rockets ever, speed power cool sound effects if you hit or miss, yeah.

I hope your terrible on Sinucit, it is my favorite and I don't like loosing on it.. :P

You can also bet your savings there will be some non Triakass and Gotekis out there. :)

Edit: I thought it was out this week? Going by the blog there ain't no sign of it.

Asayyeah
19th November 2009, 04:50 PM
Too bad RR :( , maybe later at night ? or next week?
I won't be able to play tonight but hell yeah! i am looking forward to meet you all on this sunday ( btw it would be my last time before Xmas being online with Pure, i am back to Beauvais sunday next week : final approach of my last big exam mid december :blarg )

It's really Cool! seems a good hype is floating around Pure online :rock

@Mad : no worries i will switch back to my old AgSys or choose another ship, hmmmm a 'slim&light' mini-triakis allowed ? :paperbag
:twisted

kanar
19th November 2009, 06:27 PM
:rockPurE FTW, even if I'm a pure noob on this one, & I'll probably won't have time to get involved, but I wanted to know how many players can race together with ad hoc party?

Asayyeah
19th November 2009, 06:46 PM
I think 5 or maybe 6 will be the limit : even in a same 'physical' room at 6 you got any slowdowns.
Not sure with adhoc party it can be upered more than 5 or 6, but who never knows :)

Rapier Racer
19th November 2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah 5 or 6 was the Kai maximum, I think probably the same for Ad-Hoc Party because of people with poor connections (damn you! *fist shaking*) and I don't think the PSP can deal with lag so good.

Frances_Penfold
20th November 2009, 05:09 AM
adhoc party is apparently now available in the U.S. and Canadian PSN store-- I will try to download it tomorrow and see if there is any indication that the JPN and NTSC versions of the adhoc party can communicate.

My 50' bundle of ethernet has arrived from Amazon-- not I am just waiting for my new router, and then I can hard-wire my PS3 :rock

kaori
20th November 2009, 11:45 AM
I downloaded adhoc Party US, and there are different people on Jap & US version :?

So I keep the two versions !

RJ O'Connell
20th November 2009, 02:25 PM
About to download adHoc Party... I remember that the PAL version was used almost exclusively in Kai battles - but I only have the NTSC-A version, will I have people to play against?

NightArh
20th November 2009, 07:09 PM
I downloaded adhoc Party US, and there are different people on Jap & US version :?

So I keep the two versions !
different servers and different worlds... is there an european Ad Hoc Party?

PS
JP version is better it allows to create up to 8 people room and US one only 4

kaori
21st November 2009, 11:44 AM
adhoc Party isn't available in european PSN, maybe next week. We should have the same as US version, only little room of 4 players...

I try with Gran Turismo, it was very difficult to find who was hosting, and if somebody entered in the house, he often broke connexion.
I read a tip on GTPlanet, it's to close the "house" to avoid that.

I prefer japanese version, exept language :eek

------------------------------------------------------------------

Who wants to play tomorrow night ?
Luxoflux told me he's ok, rendez-vous 20.30 or 21.00 Paris ? (gmt +1)

stin
22nd November 2009, 09:55 AM
Where is Stin - we need him back and need both the Scottish Stephens racing Pure - just one drunken Scotsman calling me a w*nker isn`t enough :paperbag

I`m still here;), got the cables here but I`m still having problems with japs psn refusing me to give a repeated password!:(
I decided to play pure yesterday and hell I`m totally struggling to play but I`m just managed to won nearly every race!

Anyway, I`m awaiting from asa who will help me when he will have time!

Rapier Racer
22nd November 2009, 11:53 AM
Like I said, as soon as it hits here, I'll be there :dizzy

stin
22nd November 2009, 12:13 PM
When Euro starts then I will be there anyway, Rapier, we will need to sort Lunar out ;)

rdmx
22nd November 2009, 01:06 PM
I wonder what sort of horrible time I'd need to wake up in the morning to make one of these :|

SaturnReturn
22nd November 2009, 01:28 PM
Looks like 7/8 A.M. to me...something like that. Possibly not too bad? Although that would be a Monday morning if it were a Sunday eve in Europe though, so it could be inconvenient.

I'm still practising at Pure myself. I await the European version of ad-hoc party to see if it's good for 8 players. If not I'll try the Japanese version.

leungbok
22nd November 2009, 02:30 PM
For pure, even if ad-hoc party ver. euro allows 8 multiplayer's game, only 4 will be able to race online, because it's the pure's lan limit ! ;)

kaori
22nd November 2009, 04:25 PM
No mate, the limit of the game is 8, but from 6 players, the races are "disrupted", like this exclusive Pure naughty weapon : the disruptor which can reverse your directions !

I see lot of people have problems to create a japanese account, maybe we should create a shared account to download japanese adhoc party.

For me japanese version is better. But I thank US version, I know more options of adhoc party !

kaori
22nd November 2009, 06:52 PM
I'm in adhoc party US, world J, hobby 1, with Luxoflux and Kigo

leungbok
22nd November 2009, 08:11 PM
No mate, the limit of the game is 8, but from 6 players, the races are "disrupted"...

Don't know why i was sure it was 4 :redface::redface::redface:

stin
22nd November 2009, 09:43 PM
Yes that is true cos more players it`s gets more lag it`s gets!, even without ad-hoc! too

kaori
22nd November 2009, 10:08 PM
Lot of races tonight with Luxoflux, triple_lei & omracer who quitted us because his battery was off.
More than 3 hours playing, this game is too addictive, I love it :dizzy

In Delta Tour, 1st race, Triple_lei explosed, but he passed the finish line and scored his points !

Alpha :
KAO 28 2211
LEI 27 1132
LUX 16 3x23

Beta :
KAO 27 1123
LUX 26 2212
LEI 18 33x1

Classic :
KAO 29 3111
LUX 23 2223
LEI 19 1x32

Gamma :
KAO 32 1111
LEI 17 3x22
LUX 12 22xx

Delta :
KAO 29 1311
LUX 26 2122
LEI 21 3233

Classic 2 :
LUX 26 3113
KAO 22 12x1
LEI 22 2332
OMM 14 442x

Omega :
KAO 28 2112
LUX 24 3321
LEI 14 12xx
OMM 13 44x3

Descension :
KAO 87 112112111213
LUX 70 2x1221323122
LEI 66 323333232331
OMM 0 xRendez vous next week if you want.
PS, try to download japanese adhoc party, it work better than us version, tonight we lost the chatbox !

omracer
23rd November 2009, 09:27 AM
that was quite a night. That was my first Adhoc party game i played.
I think next time i'll charge while playing.
i was even suprised any of my TVs supported NTSC. lol

kaori
27th November 2009, 09:16 PM
Who wants to play sunday, from 20.30-21.00 Paris (GMT+1) ?

omracer
27th November 2009, 09:21 PM
ok i'll join around then. i'll make sure my battery is charged

kaori
29th November 2009, 08:56 PM
Nice races tonight with omracer and G-Superpilot :)
Thanks guys, I have lot of fun.

DESCENSION
KAO 88 212211211111
GRE 79 121122122322
OMM 46 333xx3332x3

DELTA
GRE 28 2121
KAO 28 1212
OMM 15 333x

CLASSIC2
KAO 26 2221
GRE 24 111x
OMM 15 333x

CLASSIC
KAO 32 1111
OMM 24 2222

OMEGA
KAO 32 1111
OMM 18 2x22

I'll probably play next week-end, tell me if you are interested.

kaori
13th December 2009, 03:10 PM
Is there people who want to play tonight ? (in 3 or 3 hours 30 minutes)

AG-wolf
13th December 2009, 11:19 PM
I kinda want to try, but I don't have everything set up just yet :/

stin
14th December 2009, 12:08 PM
Kaori, I have had tried with jp on it and still does not work.:(

Guys, I do need some help...please.

I did tried tutorials through youtube and still ziltch!:(

Because, I have been playing pure for over a week now.

kaori
14th December 2009, 03:42 PM
Hello Stevie, when we are 4 players or less, we can play in adhoc party US. I heard too adhoc party will be available in Europe the 22nd december.

Have you succeed to do working US version ?
The only difference in japan adhoc party is the inversion of X & O buttons.

AG-wolf
14th December 2009, 05:22 PM
Is there any sort of external gathering to organize Ad Hoc races? We need to set up some kind of chat or something... either AIM or using the WoZ IRC channel. It's hard to get a group of people together on the forums alone, but maybe a dedicated event thread might help.... People would have to agree of which version EUR/USA/JAP and figure out a specific time far in advance :/

stin
14th December 2009, 05:30 PM
Have you succeed to do working US version ?
The only difference in japan adhoc party is the inversion of X & O buttons.

Not yet though, I will try tonight.

X & O buttons?, hmm I`m not too sure about that to be honest.

kaori
14th December 2009, 06:40 PM
You are right AG-Wolf.
I think add ourselves in our PS3 friend list can be a good solution :)

stin
14th December 2009, 08:26 PM
I now succeeded us version!:rock

Now, I have done everything up and running. *phew!

xEik
22nd December 2009, 10:14 PM
Tried it tonight and it was a blast. People were also very nice. Not the jerks one is supposed to find in online gaming.

brainbeat
23rd December 2009, 11:11 AM
yay its out now on uk store, adhoc party

stin
23rd December 2009, 12:46 PM
Good!, *away to dl right away!

Frances_Penfold
24th December 2009, 01:30 AM
Do we know yet if the JPN, NA and PAL versions of adhoc party can "communicate" with each other? Or so we all need to stick with one version if we want to race?

Probably I will download the PAL version of adhoc party over the holiday. I have the 50 feet of ethernet cable ready-- but dammit it is a lot of work to string it up in a fashion that is stable and attractive (or at least, not too unattractive!)

kanar
24th December 2009, 09:29 AM
sadly they can't communicate with each other. Ad hoc party jap is the best version according to what I heard, Kaori could confirm why maybe.

stin
24th December 2009, 10:08 AM
Well, that is a pity, I don`t have japs version cos, I did tried everything to make it work.

So, I have us and euro version downloaded and ready to play.

stevie:(

xEik
24th December 2009, 11:42 AM
I have the 50 feet of ethernet cable ready-- but dammit it is a lot of work to string it up in a fashion that is stable and attractive (or at least, not too unattractive!)

The setup I used (it works but it might not be suitable for you) is the following:

Laptop connected to ADSL router wirelessly via WiFi
PS3 connected to laptop via ethernet
PSP connected to PS3 via WiFi (obviously)

My laptop is always sitting near the PS3 anyway so I simply shared its Internet connection (WiFi) with the PS3 (ethernet).

In case anyone needs help regarding setting up the IPs I can go into more detail.

kaori
24th December 2009, 03:21 PM
sadly they can't communicate with each other. Ad hoc party jap is the best version according to what I heard, Kaori could confirm why maybe.

Because 8 PS3 can be connected each other, only 4 in EU or US versions.
And connection is stabler (I saw that with Gran Turismo).

Once you have understood how works adhoc Party, you can easily use japanese version.

Frances_Penfold
25th December 2009, 01:21 AM
Laptop connected to ADSL router wirelessly via WiFi
PS3 connected to laptop via ethernet
PSP connected to PS3 via WiFi (obviously)

Hi xEik, yes, I'd like to learn more about this option. I was messing around with something similar using my PowerBook (connected wirelessly to an Airport Extreme base station and sitting near the PS3) as well as an Airport Express unit that we had lying around (which can connect wirelessly to the Airport base station, and then in theory share the internet connection to the PS3 via an ethernet cable).

Never got this to work, however, and after a half-hour of trying, I gave up-- any pointers would be appreciated :)

Is the internet connection using this gerry-rigged set up decently fast in your experience? I don't want to both other WO racers with extreme lag.

Because 8 PS3 can be connected each other, only 4 in EU or US versions. And connection is stabler (I saw that with Gran Turismo).

Wow-- amazing that the there is such a difference between the JPN and PAL/NTSC versions of the program! I was kinda hoping that they would be equivalent *grumble grumble*

xEik
26th December 2009, 05:44 PM
Go to System Preferences.
Choose the Sharing Panel.
From the list enable "Internet Sharing"
In "Share your connection from" choose Airport
In "To computers using" choose "Ethernet"
In System Preferences go to the Network panel
Check the Airport settings (you probably have it set up using DHCP which is automatic and is fine) in TCP/IP you can see your IP address, subnet mask and router. In my case, as an example, they are 192.168.0.193, 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.0.1 respectively.
Check the DNS as well for the airport. In my case my DNS server is my DSL router 192.168.0.1
Now the important part. You have to manually configure your ethernet in your laptop. The other important thing is that the ethernet will be in a different subnet.
In my case the IP address for the ethernet interface is 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 Note that the third number in the ethernet card is different from the one in the WiFi card. Given the subnet mask, this means you are in a different subnet.
Your laptop is now fully setup. Connect an ethernet cable from it to the PS3
Change your PS3 network configuration.
Choose wired connection.
Choose to configure it manually.
Enter your IP as 192.168.1.2 It is a different IP in the same subnet as the ethernet in your laptop
Choose 255.255.255.0 as the subnet
Choose 198.168.1.1 as the router. The laptop will be routing your traffic.
For the DSN server choose the same you saw for the Airport. In my case it was 192.168.0.1 Note that the DSN server is in a different subnet but that is fine because the laptop will route the PS3 traffic.
Once you have finished setting up your PS3 try signing on the PSN. If this works you are ready to go.

Remember that you need to have paired your PSP to your PS3 at least once as you do for remote play in order to use it in adhoc Party.
The important thing in this long explanation was this: to correctly share your connections they must be in different subnets.
As for lag, the only game I tested was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (I'm more into cooperative online gaming than competitive online gaming) and in 4 hours I only saw lags 2 or 3 times. It's hard to tell because a racing game will probably have much tighter constraints.

Hope it helps.

stin
27th December 2009, 11:07 AM
I now had successfully downloaded japs version today!!!!:rock and I`m ready to play Pure!

kaori
27th December 2009, 06:51 PM
Start now, world J1- lobby 35

Frances_Penfold
7th January 2010, 06:23 AM
brilliance distilled into words and numbers

Fabulous, xEik-- much appreciated!

I will try to get this set up (either with my laptop or an additional airport unit) over the weekend :)

RJ O'Connell
4th February 2010, 06:16 PM
Well, I finally got the Japanese AdHoc Party. So if anyone out there has the NA version of Pure and wants to play, I'm all for it.

JABBERJAW
2nd March 2010, 03:10 PM
I have a j account, where do I download this, I am not fluent in japanese. Ok forget that, I have the english version. how do I get it to work? In exact order would be great for me, since I have no clue as to what I am doing.

ok, second edit here, I have adhoc party onscreen, but when I search the rooms, noone is there. How do you get into the room if noone is there to set up a game?

ok, so if the ps3 has detected my psp, and I am in the worlds am I all set?

I went into worldj1 room 35, and I am set up in there (my avatar). would someone need to join that room now? and as long as I have a game set up they can join?

omracer
2nd March 2010, 07:32 PM
if you have a room open. anyone can join it
then host a race on the psp. the other people will find the match when searching on there copy