PDA

View Full Version : how do I justify buying a ps3 for one game?

Dav657
22nd October 2008, 07:22 PM
don't think I can put myself to buy a ps3 for one game. I have always disliked Sony stuff. I would probably only play 2-3 games on it and I just see that as a waste of money.

drenath
22nd October 2008, 07:33 PM
I did it.

Pick up a couple other titles when you grab the system if it makes you feel better about it.

It's also a Blu-Ray player, you can browse the internet on it, install your own OS, save pics, etc.

Rubix42
22nd October 2008, 07:55 PM
I'm confused, are we talking you into the idea, or out of it:?:

Really, I can't say there is ever a justification for buying video games. They are an enjoyable way to pass time. Like movies, concerts, etc. I justify it because I stay home at night while my wife works, so I need something to fill my time. I either play games or build them each night, depending on how I'm feeling.

But really, a $400 machine that plays games is probably never really justified, just enjoyed;)

Lance
22nd October 2008, 08:49 PM
If you want it that much and you can do it legally, get it, no further justification is needed.

I won't do it because there is too much more enjoyment and satisfaction to be gotten by me from splitting that chunk of money into smaller bits and spending it in several places in other ways.

And BTW, haven't we had discussion of this subject in another thread already?

taqili
23rd October 2008, 02:10 AM
I feel like this is intentional trolling.

Nadia Elenova
23rd October 2008, 07:44 AM
Well, that's an easy one:
IT'S WIPEOUT! <3

I friend of mine who was a die-hard nintendo fan asked me the same question got it and he didn't regret yet. ;)

kanar
23rd October 2008, 08:06 AM
exactly. You're only chance to play that fantastic wipeout HD. And I'm sure Little big planet or killzone 2 will be great games too.

MadMax1978
23rd October 2008, 10:25 AM
I can justify buying a PS3 for Wipeout HD
the same way people by a nintendo console for mario

From my perspective WipEout will and always be the Sony flagship Title.

OBH
23rd October 2008, 10:28 AM
its a good time to snap up a ps3.
Christmas is coming, and the end of this month brings with it some real gems.

Wipeout HD, Farcry 2, Fallout 3. Thats about 9 months of entertainment right there.

Nunalho
23rd October 2008, 10:51 AM
Wipeout alone would make me buy a PS3 if i didnt had one.

eLhabib
23rd October 2008, 12:07 PM
Well, if you're not sure it's gonna be right for you, why not find a way to play the game at a friend's house, at the store, wherever, and see if you like it? (I know that's probably harder than I imagine...)

Sideshow
23rd October 2008, 12:22 PM
There'll be boxed sets with LBP soon, I'd wait for one of them.

big_lozbowski
23rd October 2008, 01:31 PM
I would reccomend Gran Turismo 4, Call of Duty 4 and or Metal Gear Solid 4 Also. I haven't got LBP yet but I Know it'll be great.

Wipeout HD is awesome but there are other great games for the PS3. Plus you get a Blu ray player!

And Tekken 6 is coming soon (OMG!!)

I definately think a PS3 is worth the investment.

Loz.

Dav657
23rd October 2008, 06:14 PM
Cod4 is terrible. Not an MGS fan, I like to play games not watch them. Forza Motorsport>GT4. And Really dont care about Hd/Blu ray cause I dont have an hd tv any more. Money was tight and had to sell it. LBP looks pretty cool. Killzone 2 and LBP are the only game I would ever care about on ps3. My one friend does have a ps, but he isnt into those types of games. I could maybe buy it on his and try it out. But then if I don't like am out 20 bucks. :?

Rubix42
23rd October 2008, 07:08 PM
Well, actually not. Create your own account on his PS3, and then if/when you do buy your own, you can use 1 of your downloads on the new PS3 under the same account.

TheFrostE
23rd October 2008, 07:24 PM
ps3 has more worth than just one game, without turning this into a fanboy rant....ps3 gives you blu ray, free online gaming service, great hardware operation, along with a great holiday line up for games, maybe use some christmas money or something from the holidays to pick it up.

DawnFireDragoon
24th October 2008, 02:26 AM
i don't think you can really justify buying any games console for ONE game. they cost so much these days. especially if you want all of the current gen machines.

personally when the ps2 came out i thought wow! but waited until there was at least a few games i wanted to play on it and knew they would be good quality with replayability. also when they announced lots of upcoming titles i decided to get one, it was a great decision.

with the xbox i bought one late in it's life too, a full library of great games been available by then as well

with the 360 i bought one early-ish, getting a great trade in deal on the old box, also as i knew the games i had for the original box would work on it, and there was a massive ammount of good games coming along/been announced.

ps3 wise i kinda want one, but not at the current price...and as a big fan of the varied console market (i've owned every console besides the saturn i think) it has very few games, a lot of which i can just play on the 360. including tekken 6, someone just mentioned, recently announced as been put out on the box too, thanks namco! the upcoming games on the ps3, or lack thereof, don't grab me personally.

is it worth buying one soley for wipeout HD...no.

could it be at some point...hopefully yes.

if you can find quite a few other games to interest you and you can afford one...definitely as it is a good machine.

dobyblue
24th October 2008, 02:59 PM
Wipeout alone would make me buy a PS3 if i didnt had one.

No doubt.
WipEout made me buy a PSOne
WipEout Fusion made me buy a PS2.

Even if the PS3 wasn't an incredible audio/visual unit with SACD playback at 24/176.4, CD upsampling to 16/176.4, 130/130 on the HQV test disc for DVD upscaling, top of the line 1080p24 playback for Blu-ray disc, etc., etc., I'd probably buy it just for WipEoutHD.

Rapier Racer
24th October 2008, 03:48 PM
300 plus quid? Thats quite a lot of money. Surly by now you know what a PS3 has to offer and I bet you already know if your going to buy one or not.

Theres something about asking folk you've never met about how to spend so much money that's amusing. Who are you trying to justify it to anyway?

Lance
24th October 2008, 06:34 PM
Decisions like this can be overthought. Our subconscious usually makes the decision for us, anyway, and will usually have its way in the end. Might as well give in to your inner self right away. :D

Asayyeah
24th October 2008, 07:22 PM
Dav657 : Except if you got 656 other lifes, you should take that one as unique and enjoy it as much as you can : that means if you can afford 'financially' a ps3 with those 2 or 3 games & familie environnment is comprehending , just go for it !