PDA

View Full Version : When the first download content will be released?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

darkfaerytales
22nd October 2008, 05:25 PM
well, near a month has passed from the day of release, all us got very good fun times with our beloved game, but now most of us should had already unlocked everything and finished the game, so i think its time for something new to add 'cause after all this time it feel really the lack of something more

not that i'm tired of all the good tracks and stuff but really this already near perfect game need to something new and fresh to buff up , some stuff really startin' to get old
who think the same as me?

so i wonder when will be announced some dlc content,
personally i hope to see something before xmas ( and i hope something very generous ;) )

p.s. eventually excuse me for my poor english

KIGO1987
22nd October 2008, 05:41 PM
You'll get some aggro reply from someone saying, who are you to demand such requests, how could you. lol.

No ive been thinking about the same thing for a few weeks now. Would be cool to see some DL contents for Wipeout HD out there, like "Elimination mode, in single player, multiplayer and online" as well as a few more "Pulse tracks" along with some "classis Wipeout tracks" as well.

Some DL packs for Wipeout HD would be muchly appreaciated guys, cheers:beer

Lance
22nd October 2008, 05:57 PM
I suspect that SL's first priority should be [and may actually be] on bug elimination instead of worrying about extra content.

smwood71
22nd October 2008, 06:19 PM
Yes, release the rest of the remaining Pulse tracks then move on to the remaining Pure ones.

And if you find the time the Wipeout 2097, Wipeout 3 and then the Wipeout tracks (in that order) would be very much appreciated. ;)

Oh and a few new ones wouldn't be bad either :hyper

darkfaerytales
22nd October 2008, 06:55 PM
last night i've discover an interesting fact
i don't know if some of us have make this discover before me...

if you pay attention you can spot some little Van Uber billboards on vineta and sebenco

i've discover this after i have take some deep looking on shots i've done...maybe i'll post
interesting ,ain't

KIGO1987
22nd October 2008, 06:56 PM
I suspect that SL's first priority should be [and may actually be] on bug elimination instead of worrying about extra content.

Agreed. Thats rated high on the priority list. This freezing **** is extremmly irritating.

Yes, release the rest of the remaining Pulse tracks then move on to the remaining Pure ones.

And if you find the time the Wipeout 2097, Wipeout 3 and then the Wipeout tracks (in that order) would be very much appreciated.

Oh and a few new ones wouldn't be bad either

Absolutely, then the sensation of complete satisfaction will be a achieved.

Lance
22nd October 2008, 07:04 PM
I don't think that's ever been achieved for me for a period longer than it takes for the next thought to enter my head.

blackwiggle
23rd October 2008, 02:11 AM
I like some new content as well,but I agree that eliminating the bugs from the game would be a priority.

I don't know if the elite level AI is considered a bug,[it sure seems so at times],but I'd like that tweaked if at all possible.

As it is at the moment it's seems to have put people off WO HD from posts I've read at other Playstation forums,and I've certainly found that the amount of people on my friends list have given up [all around the same game %] and are now playing other titles,which doesn't bade well for sales of additional content or for that matter,the longevity of the title as a whole when you consider the relatively short space of time since HD's release.

Just a rather unpleasant observation that I'd thought I'd bring to light,anybody else notice this?

rushin
23rd October 2008, 09:24 AM
/way off topic sorry!

i think you find that with almost every game, there are a very small percentage of addicts who will play for years, but your average gamer has an attention span of less epic proportions. A month and the next shiny thing is waiting to be played.

Now about the ppl moaning on other forums about elite.. this imo actually has nothing to do with the game, its all about this weird urge to get all the trophies. have also read posts where ppl are setting up races just to kill each other to get the 50 online kills. I cant think of anything more pointless, really i cant - why not just play the game? You will get this eventually. But it seems loads of people have less interest in enjoying the gameplay than trying to get all the throphies. go figure :dizzy

Anyhow, would be nice to see new tracks not just old ones.. even though for me all the tracks in HD are new as i never played pure or pulse ;)

Rincewind
23rd October 2008, 10:50 AM
have also read posts where ppl are setting up races just to kill each other to get the 50 online kills. I cant think of anything more pointless, really i cant - why not just play the game? You will get this eventually. But it seems loads of people have less interest in enjoying the gameplay than trying to get all the throphies. go figure :dizzy

That was my original intention. And you know what? After buying the game on release and playing every day, I have got a grand total of ZERO kills. Yep. Zero.

Killing another player requires a coincidence of circumstances: low energy rival, the right pickup in the right moment, etc etc. It's not only dependant on your skill.

Oh, I have blasted away hundreds of weapons at hundreds of people, but none of them have been a coup de grace. Plus I don't remember having got a single Plasma pickup online, ever.

What did I do? I set up a 1-rival session with a buddy, we both picked Icaras, and went at it. In 25 minutes I went from 0 to 50 kills, and so did him.

AG Assassin might come naturally. But who's to say that the game will be popular enough for me to get it in, say, one year from today?

It's like Bling Brigade. It MIGHT happen by itself, but if you don't get it now, the online lobby could turn into a barren, empty wasteland and your chances of racing other 7 people with the proper skin get slim and rarer by the day. I say no, thanks. Better to set everything up, getting the damn trophy and proceed to enjoy the game.

I'd rather waste 25 minutes, get it together with Double Kill, and then enjoy the online mode naturally. Sounds much better than ruining all your races by devoting yourself to buggering and blasting other racers.

rushin
23rd October 2008, 11:28 AM
i think you are being a little cynical - in all of your posts you have suggested the game is about to die online, think that is very far from reality.

but you missed my point which was pondering why anyone would be more interested in getting a 'trophy' ie a tiny graphic and one line of text, than playing a game. I understand striving for achievements and obsessive behaviour but the whole concept of trophies has sailed right over my head ;)

If you can give me even one half good reason why i should turn on pilot assist just to get a trophy then please do!

eLhabib
23rd October 2008, 12:04 PM
+1 :+

Darkdrium777
23rd October 2008, 12:53 PM
rushin: you get the trophy. That's all. If you don't want to do it that's fine but don't expect everyone to do the same as you. A lot of people play for trophies and download mediocre titles just to get them. I think it sucks too but if they enjoy getting the trophies well let them enjoy it. I guess that's how they play videogames.
I have to agree with Rincewind though, AG Assassin and Bling Brigade will take a long time to obtain and/or are damn near impossible to obtain if you don't set up some sort of meeting. GL finding eight chrome skins playing online ''just like that''.

Asayyeah
23rd October 2008, 01:53 PM
Personaly i don't want to see any kind of new DL tracks in the next days or weeks, i for one to have them end of this year ( Xmas SL gift :) ) but not before Xmas.

rushin
23rd October 2008, 03:04 PM
oh i dont know, i got 3 or 4 kills the other evening. but then i tend to play mean with the PA guys and hang around the back for first lap shooting them/overtaking and laying mines on narrow sections 8)

and sorry if my posts came off as 'i am right, you are wrong' - wasnt the intention, and ofc not the case.. but i'd still like someone to explain to me the appeal of the whole trophy thing..

crawdad62
24th October 2008, 05:31 AM
but i'd still like someone to explain to me the appeal of the whole trophy thing..

I can't explain it other than it's something that's appealing to quite a few people. I know my kid is all about getting them. Not to the point of altering his gameplay to achieve one but he's certainly trying to get them. I visit other forums and that's usually the first question that's asked when a new game is announced.... whether or not trophies will be supported.

It's sort of strange how we all play these games differently. My whole family plays Rock Band. My wife and me just want to bang on the drums and play guitar well enough to make a decent score and progress through the tour. My kids are all about making money on the tour so they can buy new juke for their avatar. Again my kid will spend hours getting a character in a game just right while I just play the default generic one just so I can get on with the gameplay.

darkfaerytales
24th October 2008, 04:36 PM
mates, sincerely i could understand if at every trophy achieved you get something for reward, like unlocking some stuff, but for have, like another mate has already pointed only an icon on the trophy list, sincerelly really i can't understand it don't worth nothing to me to modify the way i enjoy the game and take out my fun past with the game for follow this hunt for useless trophyes

leungbok
24th October 2008, 05:03 PM
Yes, of course there's no reward or unlocking stuff with trophies. But the reason that push me (and others here, i'm sure) to achieve all of it, is the fact that i always want to finish my favorite games at 100%.;)

Lance
24th October 2008, 06:28 PM
So if the trophies were left out, you could still finish the game 100 percent. :evil

leungbok
24th October 2008, 06:35 PM
Yes Lance, lol. But they're in. I want to leave the campaign & trophies behind me to concentrate in online and TT in fact;)

darkfaerytales
24th October 2008, 06:52 PM
mates, don't get me wrong i like very much the game, but i really hope SL still listen to us and come out with something "new" soon...how could we wait till end of the year pleaseeeeee

Rubix42
24th October 2008, 10:59 PM
I've been thinking about this the last few days. Honestly, I'm not sure if I want them to do DLC.

Really, why not just get to work on a full retail Wipeout for the PS3 with all new tracks in the FX450 or FX500 league. Now that would really put a smile on my face.

darkfaerytales
27th October 2008, 02:18 PM
because it takes 1 or maybe 2 years or more of work for sure...

i'm sure we don't se a new wipeout till at least 2010

darkfaerytales
30th October 2008, 06:26 PM
Studio Liverpool c'mon give us the halloween gift!!!

PLEASE

please

PLEASE

pildog
7th November 2008, 07:47 PM
I think they had better hurry up and release something soon. There's so many good games coming out many people will start to forget all about WO HD... when they finally do release something only a fraction of the people who bought the game will be bothered to get it, let alone play it!

The problem with WO HD, provided in this form, is that it's an incomplete online experience, compared to, say, GOW 2 or resistance 2. Because it's so bare-bones it needs a lot of work to keep it fresh and relevant.

If they don't release something soon we might see WO HD sink into obscurity.

metalpancake
8th November 2008, 08:52 AM
I've been thinking about this the last few days. Honestly, I'm not sure if I want them to do DLC.

Really, why not just get to work on a full retail Wipeout for the PS3 with all new tracks in the FX450 or FX500 league. Now that would really put a smile on my face.

+1. I think that the ps3 platform has so much more potential yet to be unlocked.
I would love to see a brand new WO with new tracks, new craft, weapons, etc, that isn't essentially a port of another previous game.

Don't get me wrong, WOHD is quite possibly the best game I have ever played ,
I just think a completely new game would be excellent;)

allstyles
8th November 2008, 11:05 AM
SL made this wipeout so they could expand this with tracks, planes & updates...

The only thing we need are new tracks & maybe ships, more online options.
This is the new wipeout for years to come....:hyper

darkfaerytales
9th November 2008, 01:26 AM
pildog and allstyles you have said wise wise words bros.

maelgrim
9th November 2008, 02:51 AM
and some less agressive Gold medal Time Trial times ;)

blackwiggle
9th November 2008, 10:37 PM
Go back and do those TT after you beat Elite Campaign or Arcade Perfect,I'll think you will find that you can get those times a lot easier than the first time you tried.

jimcamx
10th November 2008, 04:48 AM
I want to se releases of florion height, mandrashee, temtesh bay and katmoda 12 from fusion. They would all be friggin' excellent additions that can work perfectly in HD. As well as the ruturn on Tigron, Van-Uber and Xios!

Bendok
10th November 2008, 06:17 AM
I would love to see download content. But in response to the "why have trophies" argument, at least as far as I'm concerned, is replay value. If it weren't for trophies, I would've stopped playing WipEout HD some time ago. It's a great game, but these trophies are really the biggest reason I'm still playing it. And I'm nearly finished, too, so hopefully SL will give me some reason in the near future to pick this game up again.

darkfaerytales
10th November 2008, 04:47 PM
yes, people support the dlc cause, i'm seriuos! we have to support dlc, we have to be listen

p.s. jimcamx it's hardly that xios can return, 'cause actually xios is EG-X, EG-X is the merge of Eg-r and Xios, did you know that?

darkfaerytales
13th November 2008, 09:06 PM
just lookin around the web:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/11/10/wipeout-hd-dlc/

i know isn't nothing reliable , but just for keep alive the hope for something soon...

jimcamx
14th November 2008, 06:54 AM
p.s. jimcamx it's hardly that xios can return, 'cause actually xios is EG-X, EG-X is the merge of Eg-r and Xios, did you know that?

http://fc55.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/311/7/3/_O_o__Revamp_v4_by_onesixone.gif No I did not know this... Well that sucks, I rank EG-X down there with Triakis as my least favourite ships unfortunately... http://fc28.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2007/354/7/2/725d5bc1cbfffb24.gif

darkfaerytales
14th November 2008, 07:34 PM
no problem friend, i understand you , but i think, c'mon eg-x has quite nice appeal, and is a good ship, anyway i understand you miss your favourite team

i really dig very much the Eg-r design instead, i think was interesting and cool design,sure the best in fusion, SL should consider to adapt that design for future instalments

JABBERJAW
17th November 2008, 05:39 PM
I would love to see all the FUSION tracks put into HD. They were very nicely designed, and are wasted at this time since noone plays them at all. Just give them a bit of an HD treatment, and 24 new tracks all at once :) I would go with pure tracks next before pulse tracks. Specifically khara, blue ridge and citta (this would play fine with hd physics).

darkfaerytales
3rd December 2008, 07:06 PM
how boring, uff, at least an annoucement at this point, something, a word about it...let us know something...:frown:

cybrpnk
3rd December 2008, 08:28 PM
yeah I'm hanging out for DLC too...finally finished my degree and been playing a lot of HD whilst I'm unemployed...eheh...

Christmas maybe???

darkfaerytales
3rd December 2008, 08:38 PM
i wish...
i hope i really hope, SL would give me ( give us ) the better xmas gift to date

a good nice pack full of tracks, ships,modes, skins,improvements :beer

cybrpnk
3rd December 2008, 08:47 PM
a day and night cycle patch would be nice...

I'm really impressed with the Burnout Paradise one and how they give players the option of syncing the day and night cycle to the PS3s clock...

SL...maybe taking a leaf out of Criterion's book is not such a bad thing...:)

darkfaerytales
3rd December 2008, 09:28 PM
when i see the treatment burnout paradise and motorstorm has been subjected...:brickwall

c'mon these games has sell so much well?! yesterday i've download the motorstorm pacifict rift demo, tastes are tastes ok, and yes the game is funny, but actually i don't think that it is any better that wipeout hd

burnout i do not have seen yet, but i think if in the places of cars there're ag crafts it would be much cool and sure would like to me
c'mon guys after have raced on an ag craft there's no turning back! cars became obsolete, after wipeout experience there is any turning back!

by the way, at SL all seems dead, anyone has seen colin or crob around recently...umm pretty suspicious

crawdad62
3rd December 2008, 09:42 PM
You guys have me thinking when talking about Burnout Paradise. It's a great game. I've been a fan of the series and had Paradise on the first day. It's certainly much different than the earlier releases. Completely open environment. Which brings me to the point of not getting too OT here.

I think it would be cool (maybe) if you had open worlds in Wipeout. Not necessarily replacing the tracks which is after all the heart of Wipeout but different "worlds" that you could fly around in all over the place. You could still have the weapon pickups and have races for point A to point B but how you got there would be up to you. Or a free-for-all elimination mode. Fly anywhere picking up weapons and blasting anyone in you way.

darkfaerytales
3rd December 2008, 11:12 PM
cool ideas craw

uff in meantime SL could release some single packs before the big DLC ,if they still working on something big, as motorstorm or burnout have done who have packs with one or two cars only and then the big dlc with updates modes ec.ec.

maybe a single pack with one ot two crafts...:rolleyes: ehm van uber...anyone:lol or just one team and one track, or some new team...or puma I? how cool was puma I in pure! what a design was that!

blackwiggle
4th December 2008, 01:43 AM
I think any DLC will follow the same route it has done for PULSE,content wise [Hopefully with US release this time]
That being one or two extra craft and two additional tracks each download pack,and eventually having four download packs in total.
This would makes sense if you count the amount of empty cells in the different grids.[129 or 131 I've forgotten,but it works out exactly]
Going on how the format is within the current Campaign mode.
It allows for one TT,SL [at each speed] and Zone event on an additional eight tracks,and also allows for additional Tournaments at each speed with the added tracks.

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 03:19 AM
i wish you work at studio liverpool blackwiggle!;)
wow so with 1 or 2 extra ship with each additional pack, where you find enough ship hehehehe, tracks wise we have in abundance, but ships...umm pretty intriguing

by the way this game really needs some more extra 1 or 2 modes, the reintroduction of elimination mode is priority i think, cause many many people miss it, then that head2head mode who appears in the game features in early development and in the end has been scrapped

anyway your reasoning work, actually that is the best scenario possible, i think, sure many more events with the new tracks will be needed( as in pulse right? in pulse you have the campaign event too with the new dlc tracks & ship , right? ) ... US realase is assured by the moment will be a dlc, at this moment the game still going too well for scrap an US dlc release

Crob
4th December 2008, 09:18 AM
...umm pretty suspicious

Still here - why suspicious? :)

Sideshow
4th December 2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, but even if they do they won't release anything else new the week after. It'll probably be another couple of months before we get more dlc after the first release of dlc. It's just not good enough! They should be releasing new stuff every week! In fact, they should make Sony allow them to update the PSN Store every day rather than every Thursday! Daily DLC is the only acceptable solution; right now Studio Liverpool are just lazy gits! If Wipeout wasn't totally awesome I would so not be playing it all the time! Get your act together!

N.B. The dlc had better be free!

eLhabib
4th December 2008, 09:59 AM
I dunno guys, I have the feeling we will be getting something before the end of the year...*

*that's pure guessing, and wishful thinking, of course.

blackwiggle
4th December 2008, 10:09 AM
I remember Asa saying he was getting a present from SL before Xmas,and that was ages ago.
So something must be completed and ready to go.
So I think your guess could be correct elhabib.

Sideshow
4th December 2008, 01:05 PM
I don't really care about when it is, but when they release track packs I hope they do it via patching (like the Battlefield games do). By which I mean: everyone get's a new version update for the game which includes the new tracks, and in the store you can buy and download an unlock key. If you buy the key you can play on the new tracks in single player / split screen, and you can host and join online games using those tracks. If you don't buy the key then you can still join online games with those tracks, but nothing else. Same with teams: if you buy the key you get to play as the new teams, if you don't then you still get to join games where other people are using them.

Actually, that must be how they'll release it, right? Splitting the online games up into people who have expansions and people who don't would be retarded (think about how many variations there would be with 2 track packs, never mind 3 or more).

lunar
4th December 2008, 01:11 PM
I agree. That`s how it`s done in Everybody`s Golf and it works very well. If it`s not done like that it will be a dog`s dinner online, basically. :)

darkfaerytales
4th December 2008, 03:38 PM
HAHAA :) how are you crob!? :beer

Sugar_from_OTW
7th December 2008, 06:58 AM
wipeout hd is too big a release to muck about. They should take the warhawk route and have a proper expansion. Forget lots of little track/craft updates. Forget a disc based release. They need to think Wipeout XD. The X stands for extreme!

8 tracks, 8 craft, improved community based multiplayer, and home integration. They could turn it into a yearly release, like a Madden. Wipeout 09. Sweet!

Why not? The community is here, and well pay for it. I don't mind waiting for it either. The engine is all done, and the physics work fine.

It either that or they need to work on a new colony wars/krazy ivan/destruction derby/barbarian/gpolice.

djKyoto
7th December 2008, 07:27 AM
Maybe Wipeout HD could be like GT5's prologue. Keep building onto it, before one massive update would you probably pay for to update to the full final version.

DawnFireDragoon
7th December 2008, 03:56 PM
personally i'd like them to take their time and make an awesome new wipeout, taking some stuff from HD and a lot from the series as a whole and come back with a full release, with full features, fully tested and kick ass. Also new colony wars on the ps3? YES!

OBH
7th December 2008, 04:35 PM
I doubt a new one will come around too quickly, itll be a hell of a task to polish the gameplay further.

If they can Iron out the bugs, make some subtle gameplay changes, add in an invite function, add more information to the record tables (clicking on individual players to see wins/losses etc), add a few weapons, tracks, and teams; and HD could go from potentially the best wipeout ever, to undeniably the best wipeout ever.

cybrpnk
7th December 2008, 07:12 PM
personally i'd like them to take their time and make an awesome new wipeout, taking some stuff from HD and a lot from the series as a whole and come back with a full release, with full features, fully tested and kick ass. Also new colony wars on the ps3? YES!

not before a new rollcage...;)

Darkdrium777
7th December 2008, 08:37 PM
^HAHAHA! :lol
That would be awesome! RC with HD's graphics yehaaw \o/

eL I'm with you I wish we get something before the end of the year :)

darkfaerytales
9th December 2008, 11:31 PM
so there're rumors and hopes of a content release before xmas or before end of the year...i wonder when since xmas holidays comes in 10-12 days and the end of year will coming in 20 days, and there aren't any official word yet

blackwiggle
10th December 2008, 01:54 AM
I think it[DLC] will just appear at the Playstation store without much fanfare.

After all,WOHD had so many false release dates and then they had to tame the visuals of Zone mode down before release,in the end we had only about a weeks official notice before it finally appeared.

darkfaerytales
10th December 2008, 08:30 PM
i have fear that for playing with my nice and uber-cool van uber i will have to get a copy of fusion and a psp with wipeout pure for xmas...

blackwiggle
10th December 2008, 09:48 PM
I tried playing Fusion for the first time in years last night,it just reminded me how irritating it was,especially the loading times ,two races and it was out of the PS3.
And I finally downloaded the extra eight tracks for Pulse the day before,why I bothered I don't know,I hadn't even opened up all the standard tracks because I'd hardly played it,[I find the screen too small and the controls on the PSP too fiddly to make WO really playable],your not missing much IMHO those who cannot get these extra Pulse tracks,they are rather drab and uninteresting in comparison to all other tracks in both Pure and Pulse.

I must need some added content for WO HD if I am finding myself going to these drastic steps to get a wipeout fix.

Come on SL put something under the :xtree

cybrpnk
11th December 2008, 05:20 PM
i don't mind the PSP for my WipEout fix actually, gotten used to the small screen...even able to play from an internal view now...my only complaint is having to adapt and adjust to the analog nub which is a lot tighter compared to the looseness of the PS3s sixaxis analogue stick...both controllers have their pros and cons...but yeah...HD is for the lush tripped out graphics...Pure and Pulse for a megaton of content...

123Klan track still rocks...a HD treatment wouldn't go astray...

OBH
11th December 2008, 07:04 PM
i enjoyed pulse single player, but wasnt really that great at it thanks to the controls.

After playing Hd, i changed the controls drastically the other day for the psp -
L - accelerate
R - fire
Square / Circle - Airbrakes
X - Absorb
Triangle - Look back.

Took a bit of getting used to, but its made everything so much more managable now.

Nadia Elenova
12th December 2008, 09:25 AM
hmmm... sounds interesting, I'll give it a try

darkfaerytales
30th December 2008, 04:06 PM
do you think we still have chances to get any dlc ever? :frown:

KIGO1987
30th December 2008, 04:14 PM
Right now. About the same probability as the new WTC1 been completed on schedule and at design and construction cost .

eLhabib
30th December 2008, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't lose hope now, actually. If you think about it, this all makes perfect sense: the christmas sales and new free demo of HD did enough to keep the game from being forgotten (haven't checked the leaderboards for venom singlerace vineta in the last days, but I'm pretty sure numbers have gone considerably up from 230,000 over the holidays), and now they just wait till the interest starts to faint again, and that will be the time for DLC. My guess is March or April.

Still, it would be much appreciated if any of the SL guys (Colin, Crob, Egg, ...) could at least give us a short notice of what they're currently up to - but then I guess they are probably on holidays right now ;)

Plus, thinking even further, they probably can't say anything. If they are indeed working on DLC, they can't tell us, because you only tell stuff like that to the interwebs when it's DONE, and if they (god forbid) actually abandoned the idea of DLC for whatever reason, they can't tell us either, because that would spread over the interwebs like a bushfire and people would put down the game even sooner, or refrain from buying it in the first place.

Make any sense?

H3avyM3tal
30th December 2008, 06:32 PM
Not at all. But now that I think about it, it makes all the sense in the world!

darkfaerytales
31st December 2008, 03:46 AM
i'm geting really tired sometimes of the limited choices this game have to offer after a while , after 3 and more months this begin to weigh considerably...waiting till april for a dlc who actually haven't any confirmed status...umm pretty hard
i'm an hardcore fan from the old days but i think in a month my interest with the game will be buried like a dead man, by now i still play it regulary one or two times a day but i'm not able anymore to sustain more of an half hour max 45 min of consecutevely playin', after 3 months it's not like the days after 25 september when playn it 3-4 hours consecutevely was a joy
yes i continue to play it and i will, but...simple i get angry cause i see the tons of stuff released for burnout and motorstorm and those games aren't any better , wipeout hd are miles away ( in the overall graphic department and style )

Axel
31st December 2008, 12:58 PM
I'm sure they have something up their sleeves. TBH I am glad they threw all the initial DLC into this game from the get go. Imagine how bare the game would have been. IF and when there is an announcement, I'm hoping it wont be 1 track, 1 ship etc. That would be really lame :(.

Rubix42
31st December 2008, 01:18 PM
The game may end up not receiving any DLC at this point. I don't like to be a negative Nancy, but looking at the top seller's on the PSN network right now, Wipeout did not make the top 10. Sony may not feel like the money spent developing the content would be a smart financial decision.

H3avyM3tal
31st December 2008, 01:43 PM
What games above 20$ are at the top 10 on PSN?

darkfaerytales
31st December 2008, 02:51 PM
ok i remenber some times ago, an interview with the producer, if you search on the web you can find it easily, he say that the initial content think as dlc was finish up in the game from the get go and so there was no further plan for any dlc from start but IF DEMAND IS HIGH they have think up to do it

so if we start a petition or something or scream up high that we want additional content ( i think at this point they know well this ), i think everyone who loves this games or even who simple like it or find it funny and eyecandy desire more content, just tell me if i'm wrong

after a while astonishnig graphics turn into nothing, i feel a sensation of near void when play the game sometimes, sure it is 'cause by now i know so well every ship and every track...expecially after get pure for psp , i begin to think that pure is superior to HD, it is normal?:blarg

H3avyM3tal
31st December 2008, 03:16 PM
Myself, I don't think there is a point in releasing a 20$ psn title with this little content. I think SL are aware that there is a time limit on when WOHD will become stale, and I think that they don't want to leave the game as it is. WO is not a new IP. It has a name to live up to, and I think SL will give up more when the time comes. We just need to be patient.

lunar
31st December 2008, 04:10 PM
Agreed, it will be a strictly commercial decision whether there is DLC or not and we have to be patient. We can`t do anything about it as the total sales to Wipeoutzone members probably wouldn`t even pay for a week of lunches. I read on Eurogamer that a source told them Wipeout HD was the fastest selling PSN game ever. I don`t know if that was true, obviously, but it could give reason for hope. Also this report about it being not in the top 10 isn`t necessarily relevant as that was counting 12 month sales when HD had been available for less than 3. It takes time to make new HD tracks or game modes, and I would imagine the wheels turn slowly to even give the go ahead to start the process of making DLC. Imo if there`s been no news in a couple of months time it would be appropriate to panic at that point. :)

darkfaerytales
31st December 2008, 04:40 PM
i'm already in panic...

H3avyM3tal
31st December 2008, 08:08 PM
Well you should leave there asap and return home. I hear things are hectic over at panic.
It's dangerous!

darkfaerytales
1st January 2009, 01:17 AM
what??:eek

Avenger2197
1st January 2009, 02:54 AM
good one h3avym3tal..:laugh

I personally hope SL are planning at least something for '09, but who knows.
Although I did see Mr. Berry signed in earlier today(prays that's a good sign), so at least they're keeping track somewhat.

Crob
8th January 2009, 11:27 AM
We're always lurking - whilst I can't contribute anything to this thread (as elHabib said http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107179&postcount=69), may I direct your attention here for a moment:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2009/01/07/ces-2009-sony-teases-with-high-quality-ps3-3d

Axel
8th January 2009, 11:44 AM
Hmmm are you hinting at the prospect of a 3D wipeout? hmmmmmmm :)

H3avyM3tal
8th January 2009, 12:15 PM
Goddamn! WOHD is 3d must be the s-i-c-k-e-s-t thing ever! Amazing, I wish I was able to see it! (DLC would suffice though :))

KIGO1987
8th January 2009, 01:23 PM
Frank's look is in right now. I think he has started a new trend. Big Blues Brothers sunnies, nice.

This sounds like a really amazingly cool feature, looking forward:D Whats the RRP on those 3D sunnies? thats if/when they come out. Hopefully not as much as a DS3 controller. If those sunnies have polaroids with them ill be happy to buy them right now.

IH8YOU
8th January 2009, 02:06 PM
I believe you need a 3D capable display AND those polarized glasses for 3D.

Not 100%, but fairly sure.

There are electronic glasses that could use a standard display - they split the frames up and alternate between your eyes - showing each a different image. The downside - WOHD would have to drop to 30FPS in order for this type of 3D to work. We all know that wouldn't fly. SL has nobody to blame but themselves, for spoiling us. ;)

The only other 3D technology that works with "standard" screens is the red/blue lenses. (which, are full of fail, in my opinion)

H3avyM3tal
8th January 2009, 02:32 PM
From what is written in that link, it's not heading for retail anytime soon. It was just Sony showing off :)

eLhabib
8th January 2009, 03:27 PM
I believe you need a 3D capable display AND those polarized glasses for 3D.

Not 100%, but fairly sure.

There are electronic glasses that could use a standard display - they split the frames up and alternate between your eyes - showing each a different image. The downside - WOHD would have to drop to 30FPS in order for this type of 3D to work. We all know that wouldn't fly. SL has nobody to blame but themselves, for spoiling us. ;)

The only other 3D technology that works with "standard" screens is the red/blue lenses. (which, are full of fail, in my opinion)

I think you're absolutely right with your assumptions. As far as I know, those possibilities you listed are the most likely (and I do work quite a bit with 3D in my job), There's also a technique that separates layers of depth by color, but that wouldn't be applicable to a game without changing its colors completely.

From what I can see on the screenshot in the article showing GT5 3D, they're not using red/blue (cheap 3D) either, which leaves only 2 possibilities: a special screen (but as far as I can tell, this is a normal Sony TV on the picture), or interpolate the picture and effectively splitting the framerate 30/30 - which would suck in my opinion. No fancy 3D effect can replace smooth 60 frames. But then who knows, maybe the PS3 is even capable of running the game at 120 frames, splitting it 60/60? One can always dream... :rolleyes:

Anyway, big thanks to Crob (and Nick in the other thread) for throwing us a bone. And remember, guys, while 3D is fancy and all that, what we really want is some new tracks for HD! ;)

Avenger2197
9th January 2009, 05:17 PM
3D huh? I just can't imagine how good that must look. For now though, I will have to second El's post, by saying new tracks would be greatly appreciated.;)

darkfaerytales
9th January 2009, 09:56 PM
ok crob if you are lurking certainly you know by now that:

WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT MOREEEE!!!:hyper

in case this haven't be noticed WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT DLC by now :nod :g bring this news at the office !

( just kidding...no about dlc it's true, c'mon guys 4 months has past bring up us something new )

however it's a week or more that i don't play WO HD , it isn't a good sign

Darkdrium777
10th January 2009, 12:03 AM
You should keep on playing, we've had some good races today :hyper

But yeah, I second that motion: MOAR!

And not too expensive ;)

DeepMix
10th January 2009, 02:15 AM
im waiting for an addon to this game, i just feel it needs more tracks... and a patch for fixing some online issues lol

IH8YOU
10th January 2009, 02:54 AM
To beat a dead horse...

Some retro Wipeout tracks would rule.

Like the re-packaging that was done in Wipeout 3 Special Edition - you know, the one us Yanks didn't get.

Hook us up. While the dollar still has any purchasing power. Get on the ball, unless SL is open to bartering. ;)

Silverstream in HD with the Aurora in the sky = sex, and an intensely difficult track, to boot!

Gardeuropea from 2097 - rain, thunderstorms and all, please.

Maybe a quick fix for freshness - how about some time / weather effects on existing HD tracks. Night-time tracks or sunset tracks would look pretty nifty.

Demanding customer, I know. But loyal!

darkfaerytales
10th January 2009, 05:03 AM
wipeout HD DESERVES and NEED at least a final total of 30-32 tracks as the previous instalments :mr-t

TheFrostE
10th January 2009, 01:19 PM
IH8YOU ... those ideas would be awsome. i had the same thoughts on silverstream. the rain and lightning effect of gare d'europa would be sick too. me personally would like to see those, as well as platinum rush, the amphiseum, karbonis....and the infamous firestar, with some really cool volcano and lava effects

djKyoto
10th January 2009, 02:01 PM
Silverstream in HD with the Aurora in the sky = sex, and an intensely difficult track, to boot!

Gardeuropea from 2097 - rain, thunderstorms and all, please.

Maybe a quick fix for freshness - how about some time / weather effects on existing HD tracks. Night-time tracks or sunset tracks would look pretty nifty.

Demanding customer, I know. But loyal!

You read my mind dear sir.

pildog
10th January 2009, 07:02 PM
wipeout HD DESERVES and NEED at least a final total of 30-32 tracks as the previous instalments :mr-t

My God, imagine being a newbie and realising that you have to learn 30-32 tracks by heart to have any chance of getting anywhere in multiplayer!

okam
11th January 2009, 09:47 AM
Has anyone ever said there will be *no* DLC? Unless they have, I'll take that as silent confirmation that something is coming but they cannot say what or when (based on what I have seen regarding DLC in other games). IMO more ships and tracks are more likely than weather effects, but you never know :P

Personally I would love eliminator mode :o That, and all of Wipeout 3 in full HD! Also, I would like it right now please, thank you.

H3avyM3tal
11th January 2009, 11:12 AM
It's the exact opposite okam. DLC has been confirmed by SL. We just need patience. Cause patience is a virtue. And 32 tracks would be a 9th world wonder.

okam
11th January 2009, 12:00 PM
Well if its allready been announced then we just wait, eh? :P

eLhabib
11th January 2009, 01:24 PM
Easier said than done, that ;)

eLhabib
11th January 2009, 11:36 PM
Take a look at this (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186407).
Please, as much as I understand that LBP needs porting to PSP, because it would sure sell millions - still, I sincerely hope this doesn't mean SL are tied up in LBP work and can't concentrate on the stuff that really matters: wipEout DLC :frown:

bik3rluke
12th January 2009, 12:23 AM
I'd love a WipEout HD DLC -- I've completed the game on Elite many times, and I have all the trophies. All that is left to do is set quicker laps.

Imagine a DLC with a Zeus speed setting. :|

darkfaerytales
12th January 2009, 06:59 PM
the last time i've play wo hd we were in 2008 yet:|

all this is really annoying,

why now i have the impulse to throw my lbp copy out of the window?:brickwall

Darkdrium777
12th January 2009, 08:10 PM
Don't know. LBP is an amazing game.

blackwiggle
12th January 2009, 08:36 PM
That would explain why SL was hiring more staff just before Xmas.

darkfaerytales
12th January 2009, 08:46 PM
LBP is an amazing game yes, but wipeout hd is THE AMAZING GAME, this forum is dedicated to THE AMAZING GAME, and if lbp should steal all the attention by the studio and as a result wo hd would left in limbo i GET ANGRY:bomb

in that case i will get my ps3 with wo hd and lbp and throw everything down my room window!

blackwiggle
12th January 2009, 09:03 PM
I think the initial novelty of LBP has started to wane,I've begun to notice a lot people have not advanced past 45% and stayed there.

It's how I thought this title would go,Some people that make levels and a LOT that don't.

Darkdrium777
12th January 2009, 09:40 PM
If you're talking about trophies well they're not really a reference, some people don't go for them. ;)

blackwiggle
12th January 2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah,but most of the trophies after a certain % in LBP require the player to build or help build levels and rate and be rated for those levels.
Guess that does not appeal to some,they just want to play the platforming section of the game that has already been constructed,and leave it there.
To each their own.

IH8YOU
12th January 2009, 11:11 PM
Forgot one of my favorite tracks - Manor Top.

That needs to be remade, too. :hyper

darkfaerytales
13th January 2009, 07:34 PM
uff...c'mon

blackwiggle
13th January 2009, 08:56 PM
I don't think SL would redo Manor Top yet again,it's been in WO3,WO3SE and a big overhaul for one of the classic tracks in PURE.

Most likely candidates were Staten Park,123 KLAN or/and some totally new track[s] if I remember correctly what Colin said his preferences were for DLC

Colin Berry
13th January 2009, 10:59 PM
Take a look at this (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186407).
Please, as much as I understand that LBP needs porting to PSP, because it would sure sell millions - still, I sincerely hope this doesn't mean SL are tied up in LBP work and can't concentrate on the stuff that really matters: wipEout DLC :frown:

How does the saying go ?
ah thats it
dont believe all the **** written on the internet

:)

darkfaerytales
14th January 2009, 01:31 AM
ah thank you colin!
it was so strange to me, i mean lbp has its studio , studio molecule, why the **** a porting to another console would be worked by another studio...:o

back on topic: i'm the only one that by now would be more eager on pulse tracks than pure ones?

IH8YOU
14th January 2009, 03:38 AM
Hey! I haven't seen Manor Top since WO3 - didn't get 3SE in the US, and don't have a PSP.

I want a new Manor Top on the PS3, is simple.

Silverstream, Gare D'Europa, AltimiaVII, Firestar, Odessa Keys, yadda yadda yadda.

:hyper is a helluva drug!

trentdf
14th January 2009, 03:48 AM
idk about adding wo3 and back tracks because they would need to be made wider or something, since the ships are now moving way faster,
there may be too many BR ops, and the new physics may ruin your favourite tracks :(

i'd be happier to see more tracks from pulse, or even better- new ones :D

Cerium
14th January 2009, 07:00 AM
---
Meh, nevermind. Sounds too much like I'm flaming. :)

eLhabib
14th January 2009, 10:43 AM
How does the saying go ?
ah thats it
dont believe all the **** written on the internet

:)

I know, Colin, but it kinda made sense to me, seeing that MM are rather close by, and you guys have lots of experience with the PSP by now.

Nunalho
21st January 2009, 06:42 PM
I dont really care what tracks get released for HD, all i want is NEW TRACKS please, any tracks! :frown:

IH8YOU
21st January 2009, 06:55 PM
I dont really care what tracks get released for HD, all i want is NEW TRACKS please, any tracks! :frown:

I concur. While DLC may not offer the exact tracks I want - it'll certainly offer different tracks that I need.

When you're on Chengou Reverse in Phantom, and start hearing "perfect lap" on a no-weapons race - it's a sign that new tracks are needed. At least, it is for me!

Sideshow
22nd January 2009, 08:56 AM
Saw this on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5136691/littlebigplanet-dojo-valentines-day-groundhog-day-chinese-ny-wipeout-) so came here to post it, to find someone else has a thread about it in Off Topic here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5725). I'm posting about it in this thread because it seems likely to me that they'll release the Wipeout content for LBP the same week they release some Wipeout DLC. Here's hoping...

darkfaerytales
23rd January 2009, 02:08 AM
i hope your assumptions are right...

bik3rluke
23rd January 2009, 02:20 AM
Fingers crossed. I need WipEout HD DLC! :frown:

darkfaerytales
23rd January 2009, 02:41 AM
everyone need it

silverfoxy
23rd January 2009, 12:28 PM
When you're on Chengou Reverse in Phantom, and start hearing "perfect lap" on a no-weapons race - it's a sign that new tracks are needed. At least, it is for me!

I'd love to be able to do that but that moody right hand bend always gets me crashing into the wall. How on earth do you get round it ??

blackwiggle
23rd January 2009, 10:26 PM
There's a video of Mad Ice doing Chengou reverse you should watch [in the video thread] where he consistently does that corner smoothly.

Basically you want to approach from the right side of the track,cross over to the left and then take the right hand corner by starting to turn where the shadow falls across the track.
Your flatten the corner out that way,you can use the same approach taking the corner racing forward.

yeldar2097
24th January 2009, 01:09 AM
slicing n dicing the corner with sideshifts is a necessity as well. especially if you're prone to messing up the entry like i am.

silverfoxy
24th January 2009, 09:44 AM
@ Blackwiggle and Yeldar - Thanks for the tips guys. Found a video of a time trial of reverse chenghou and saw whaty you mean.

I also read in the messages someone talking about a short cut on there. Not sure where that is but most helpful anyway.

I will be half as fast as some of you guys 1 day !!

AnErare
2nd February 2009, 11:44 PM
I think it would be wicked awesome if the tracks De Konstruct and Gemini Dam from Pulse would be included!

De Konstruct is insane in zone mode, Gemini Dam is insane in TT; it would be stunning to have them available in HD versions.

I realy realy hope one or both will make it :D

darkfaerytales
3rd February 2009, 01:13 AM
don't mind what tracks than that they put a dlc out soon and full!

tracks with a lot of nature and landscape variations please

tech de ra, vertica, blue ridge, staten park , anyone?

blackwiggle
3rd February 2009, 01:37 AM
The short cut on Chengou reverse is in one of Osama bin Haydens videos.

You need the speed boost,after the first short mag strip at the top of the little hill,be on the left side of the track,[If you pause the game there,have a look to your right,you will see that there is a space between the building and the canopy overhanging the broad sweeping left turn] you turn right crossing the track, before the usual right turn ,and boost aiming for that gap with nose slightly up,you can chuck it a BR whilst traveling to that point,but you must be ready to tap on the left air brake just as you land to take it smoothly.
It can be a race winning move,but it's 50-50 whether you actually get it correct.
Great for time trials and speed laps,watch you times shrink BIG time.

Regarding the seemingly now "supposed DLC",just wondering if we will get a whole mass of DLC at once or 2 tracks at a time.
Anybody remember what the situation was with the DLC with PULSE was?
Did it come out one download at a time,or were all four different download packages released at the same time?

darkfaerytales
3rd February 2009, 01:59 AM
anyway people, excuse me ,not to be a killjoy but stay on topic please, there are already enough threads on purpose about piloting tips...

blackwiggle
3rd February 2009, 02:36 AM
It is on topic [I'm not that stupid ]
Read the question I posed below the piloting tips.
That is on topic.
I was answering two posts at once,rather than basing a reply solely to a question that ultimately has no answer until SL decides to deliver.

The section above it was to help regarding a query on a particular excursion, that one can contemplate regarding certain exalted maneuvers, that the standard AG RACER may not considered previously attainable,either by lack of knowledge,or,the required judgment necessary to decide if such a maneuver is both within the determinable "Risk Factor" to make it worth while,and the abilities of the pilot to successfully complete them.

[That should keep you busy looking through your dictionary while valid posts are made] :mr-t

Don't be a pseudo moderator.

LANCE can sort things out without any help,he's been doing it for years and is FAR better qualified.
He also has LAST SAY.;)

AnErare
3rd February 2009, 02:45 AM
The pulse dlc were spread over 4 packs with one ship per pack and 2 tracks, released over 1 month.

And at a price of 4 or 5 euro's per pack..

stinkleroy
3rd February 2009, 02:51 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I for one would like to see some 2097 tracks make an appearance. I didn't play pulse or pure as I don't have a psp so the tracks in HD were all new to me.

I'd like to see Valparaiso and Odessa Keys make a return, would be great to relive my teenage years with some newly rendered HD updates :D

darkfaerytales
3rd February 2009, 03:05 AM
ok blackwidge excuse me no problem

anyway i'd prefer a pure dlc approach than a pulse one...

4 tracks and one or 2 teams at a time

blackwiggle
3rd February 2009, 03:07 AM
If that was the case,well,what's that's telling me is that we might get a situation where we get a HUGE load of DLC very neatly placed,at a price that makes it viable to add content every week.

I counted the cells in campaign ,in HD, that have NO content ATM ,that possibly could be filled,it works out the same as the PULSE down loadable content situation ,with 2 tracks and 2 craft per download.

So 4 DLC's Are on the cards if that situation rings true,and is the same as to the PULSE DLC module.

darkfaerytales
3rd February 2009, 03:18 AM
i hope for a HUGE and LONG load of DLC , anytime , anyday

i really hope you're right, your reasoning works, indeed i hope they'll put new cells or new event to race with the added tracks...just wonder in the 2 tracks 2 craft formula , after the first pack what would be the others crafts counting that the only 2 current outcast are van uber & tigron...maybe reintroducing the 2 puma ships? :dizzy:beer that's would be too cool

guggle
3rd February 2009, 03:29 AM
I'm with stinkleroy. I've never played Pulse or Pure and to race online some of the 2097 tracks would be great!!

Michael.

blackwiggle
3rd February 2009, 03:42 AM
Darkfearytales.

Go into Campaign menu.
Count each cell in each grid that is not occupied.
If you allow for 4 new craft and 4 new tracks [counted as both forward and reverse] at each speed + a zone for each new track + a TT and SL at each speed on the 8 [forward and reverse] new tracks+ Tournaments within each speed class on the NEW tracks
It perfectly fits the the campaign grid that you have now.
All spaces would of been filled.

If and when we actually get this.......?

darkfaerytales
3rd February 2009, 11:23 AM
friend, i hope in truth yuo're a spy come out from SL studios! or simple that Sl people think the same as you :beer

just wonder what could be the two further additional ships than vanuber and tigron, for you what would be? have you any idea? maybe new teams

cybrpnk
9th February 2009, 07:23 PM
so er...any news??? find myself reverting back to my PSP for my WipEout fix...between Pure and Pulse you have to admit there are so many tracks on offer...it'd be a shame if these weren't HD-fied...

blackwiggle
9th February 2009, 10:00 PM
Nope,nothing.:frown:

Darkdrium777
10th February 2009, 12:53 AM
Come on guys at SL you can put out some maps now it is time.

KIGO1987
10th February 2009, 01:05 AM
Judging by the tone of Robs voice on the home page. It sounds like it is unlikely that any DLC will be coming out for HD, and the all the man effort at SL atm is going towards the next full installment on the Wipeout Franchise.

RedScar
10th February 2009, 01:51 AM
Whats wrong with HD? New maps and new ships would do the same as making a new game basically. Game already look awesome so graphics aren't the issue.

darkfaerytales
10th February 2009, 01:58 AM
what homepage? what robs says?

blackwiggle
10th February 2009, 02:24 AM
Kigo ,I honestly don't know how you have read what Rob has said on the WOZ Front page as even hinting that no DLC will happen.

If it were true that we won't be getting any,well if you look at it from a legal standpoint, it could be cause for a class action for unfulfilled promises to the purchaser,as it was made abundantly clear in the advertising before the game became available, that DLC will be forth coming.
Breach of contract,so to speak.

And to be honest,I don't think it would be SL's choice to not have DLC.

The buck stops at SCEE.

Anyway,why the mystery update we just had?
Nobody has noticed any difference to game play,either on or off line,it must of been for some reason.

trentdf
10th February 2009, 02:30 AM
hmmmm, i thought the original intention was to release the reverse tracks and harimau/auricom/mirage/icarus as the DLC, but in the end they just though "**** it, we'll put it all in now".

so i've pretty much given up hope for DLC. Ah well, if it means the next one is going to come out quicker, i'm happy.

blackwiggle
10th February 2009, 02:38 AM
That was for PULSE,and that's what did happen,well at least in Europe and Australia/New Zealand.

We can keep driving ourselves nuts with this,but in the end we willonly know for sure when an official announcement is made.

I might email the guys at Good Game to ruffle some feathers about it.

Suggest people in other countries email their gaming forums/Gaming TV shows to do the same.

Or we can sit here and do nothing.

????

darkfaerytales
10th February 2009, 02:54 AM
first of all, think up how ****ing bare is the game even with all this stuff supposed to end up initially for dlc...

second what sense have to do another game quickly, not to misunderstand me i would be the happier person in the world if a completely new and full wipeout could be released before the end of this summer, but how it could be? it is impossible!! and from a logical point, what sense have? if they just could do new stuff from scratch and add to WO HD as a base...simply i cannot understand what's wrong with HD, what's the sense?
the game is out just by 4 months and half and it will just be forget and not further supported in this way:frown: what the ****?!

if a new game will be released within a year what improvement do you think it could get? the graphs will be exatly the same!!! it not make sense...would have much more sense to release a blu ray copy of HD with more stuff!!!!

blackwiggle
10th February 2009, 03:05 AM
Well I just emailed "Good Game" [ A gamers TV program that is broadcasted nationally in Australia] to see if they can use their contacts to see WTF is happening.
Hopefully they will email me back with "Here's what we have been able to find out" email response.

See what happens,if anything.

darkfaerytales
10th February 2009, 03:13 AM
well done blackwiggle

it's a crime! it's just a crime if they don't continue to support a game of this kind, its just a waste of good work for the people have worked in and a huge low blow for the people who love it!

everyone who love this game that much should do something

Darkdrium777
12th February 2009, 01:19 PM
I'm gonna start spamming this place, idc. :(

DLC!

Man, Colin, I want to spend my money on your game, wtf do you not understand? Is it hard to relogin and post an effin message about something? Talk about your cat, idc, but report back here. The game is a hit, not like Pulse, so wth is wrong with talking about it???

LOUDandPROUD
12th February 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm with you, man. Someone at least let us know if there's DLC coming or not. You don't have to say when, just if! Please! I'll pay ya! :P

blackwiggle
12th February 2009, 09:13 PM
I think Colin could probably smell the scent of ozone emanating from all the plasma bolts ready to be released.

Darkdrium777
12th February 2009, 11:46 PM
Dlc...

Chill
13th February 2009, 12:18 AM
I honestly don't understand why you guys have to be so aggravated and amplified about the whole issue... this shouldn't even be a question... Guys. Wipeout HD IS successful, but remember the only thing that brought it down?? Yeah, it was the release date. They continued to have to move it forward, cause... well, it's freakin' HD!!! It takes more time and effort to make a game with such great graphics and effects!! So much, that it's probably extremely difficult to know an exact date to be done by!

There's nothing like not knowing until it's done anyway... then it's even more of a rush by the time it arrives! But I can most likely assure you, it's Wipeout, it's HD, and it's on the PS3... and that's gonna last a LONG while... we are most likely going to be seeing DLC some time or another is what I'm guessing... you just gotta wait it out... just like the game itself...

darkfaerytales
13th February 2009, 12:23 AM
read carefully these old random articles people

http://www.jivemagazine.com/article.php?pid=28803

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200373

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Wipeout-HD-Features-Disclosed-Up-on-PSN-for-Grabs-66245.shtml

p.s. seems that at the begining wipeout hd would have to come out with many more stuff than what we have get in the end...

Darkdrium777
13th February 2009, 04:50 AM
I honestly don't understand why you guys have to be so aggravated and amplified about the whole issue...I'm sorry, I guess the lack of anything substantial for the past five months has gotten to me.

No info about bugs we reported being fixed or not, or worked on.
No info about DLC.
No news from any of the devs. (Even about their cats)

If this was the official forums of Wipeout in the past well ****e it doesn't look like it anymore. Just another fan forum eh? :(

Right. I'm not convinced of that yet so I'm still waiting. Post something, one of you, I don't care what but manifest yourselves. Doesn't have to relate to Wipeout (Like I said, if you have a cat...), just to see if you're still reading this.

blackwiggle
13th February 2009, 05:17 AM
Have Colin an other SL staff been NEUTERED?

Or have their tongues been cut out?

Spartacus Auticticus it would seem.:rolleyes:

Chill
13th February 2009, 05:35 AM
well, I think it's either a way to improve this game, or mabye they're just thinking about making a new Wipeout HD... If they re-do the PS1 version in hd... man, pure sweetness... hahaha... but if they do that, I think if it's possible to add the game to the same networking system as the original Wipeout HD, that would be killer... that way, you know everyone who's online ready to play any of the Wipeouts...

But either way, I do NOT have any toleration with disrespecting ANY of the creators. Respect them!! They made Wipeout HD in the first place... And most of all, DO NOT disrespect Colin!! He seems like a very professional dude I think! If it's one thing important I learned in the Military, it's the respect that can make everyones life so much better!!

eLhabib
13th February 2009, 08:20 AM
Nobody is showing disrespect here.
SL have always been quite talkative about their ongoings in the past, so we are spoiled. Now since the release of HD they haven't said a word about future content. Kinda gets you thinking...
I don't know what's up either, but I am still optimistic. Even though other games don't really receive any bonus content after 5 months, unless they are HUGE sellers (which HD isn't...)

lunar
13th February 2009, 08:41 AM
according to the internet, Little Big Planet is getting Wipeout HD costumes on Feb 19th. Maybe this is some sort of cross-promotion with Wipeout HD DLC around the same time..... We could always turn that sort of guesswork into an official rumour by linking to it and quoting enough times......

That`s the nature of the internet. If I worked for a games developer I would be very wary about posting on any forums at all during development of a game. The next thing you know you could be testing the limits of your NDA and getting in trouble with the boss while finding your innocent comments the subject of a news story on gaming sites.

So I would read nothing into the silence. SL were neither talkative nor quick with the development of the main HD game so the DLC could be the same. I`m not yet satisfied with my performances on the 16 tracks we have so I am in no rush for more, though I understand others who see it differently. :)

cybrpnk
13th February 2009, 11:06 AM
maybe they are thinking of HD-fying all the previous WipEouts...PSP ones included...every single track...(*closes eyes, crosses fingers and prays*)

KIGO1987
13th February 2009, 11:37 AM
That would be ****ing brilliant if that is the case. Almost sounds like W3SE with tracks from 2097 and Wip3out on it too. Go for it guys:beer
.... don't forget eliminator as well:P

eLhabib
13th February 2009, 12:29 PM
If that really were to happen, all tracks of the classic games HD-fyed... I would literally die from an endorphine overdose.

Crob
13th February 2009, 12:34 PM
Well my cats are currently confined to the kitchen because they keep crapping in the clean washing basket.

Little bastards.

crawdad62
13th February 2009, 03:01 PM
Well my cats are currently confined to the kitchen because they keep crapping in the clean washing basket.

Cryptic...... very cryptic;)

kanar
13th February 2009, 03:06 PM
I'm still searching the meaning of that lol.

eLhabib
13th February 2009, 04:23 PM
:clap

Axel
13th February 2009, 04:45 PM
HAHAAHAHAHA. But we don't mind them crapping on the boards!!!! Please let them out just this once!!!! :)

darkfaerytales
13th February 2009, 10:25 PM
just a coincidence , about 3 hours ago i've received the sony playstation news mail , among all the news there was reported:

most popular on psn

-1 Wipeout hd
-2 Pain: david hasselhoff
-3 Burnout paradise
-4 Gti club+
-5 Metal gear solid on LBP

leungbok
13th February 2009, 10:48 PM
Cool ! :) But what "most popular" really means ? best selling ?

darkfaerytales
13th February 2009, 11:34 PM
i think most " talked about " or most " known " or in case of WO HD " most talked about and most known for kick major ass with its superb style and godlike graphics at most of other games around "

Darkdrium777
14th February 2009, 02:41 AM
Thanks Chris :lol

Chill
14th February 2009, 09:47 PM
maybe they are thinking of HD-fying all the previous WipEouts...PSP ones included...every single track...(*closes eyes, crosses fingers and prays*)

I drive my car into a freezing river... nearly ready to die... then...

Angel Voice: *aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*... a bright light FLASHES OUT OF NOWHERE!!! and just when I think about about to see an angel come to rescue me from the car accident... BLAMMO!!!! Wipeout HD COMPLETE FLIES OUT OF THE LIGHT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!

Then the adrenaline rush melts all the ice around me and I am then swimming on a hot paradise beach from the heat my adrenaline just created...

:D

p.s. If the cats are in the kitchen... that sounds good enough for me!!

blackwiggle
15th February 2009, 04:38 AM

Little bastards.

How long do you think it will be before you have a lid for the clean washing basket?;)

AnErare
15th February 2009, 06:54 AM
I certainly hope, Crob, that doesn't mean their jobs are generating loads of crap that appears unable to be swiped or cleaned, but we'll see, won't we? :P

kanar
15th February 2009, 08:05 AM
Please, release the little cats soon!!!

NeilSmith
15th February 2009, 10:10 AM

Little bastards.

I guess he wouldn't taunt us like that without something up his sleeve ;)

blackwiggle
15th February 2009, 02:59 PM
The washing was done,all that needed to be done was the ironing and he could of gone out.

AnErare
15th February 2009, 07:15 PM
He's not even telling what the cats, the kitchen, the turds and the washing basket are.. Could be anything! :P At least I hope for him the metaphor isn't taking place in that sleeve ;)

blackwiggle
15th February 2009, 10:14 PM
Well what do you do with clothes so you can wear them again?[old tracks were ready to go but somebody has stuffed something up]

What do you do in a kitchen?[Sent the people who stuffed them up back to their computers to fix them ]

eLhabib
15th February 2009, 10:20 PM
I bet Chris is gonna laugh his arse off when he reads all the speculation about a few words he wrote - when really he was only talking about his actual pets. :lol

blackwiggle
15th February 2009, 11:45 PM
I know,nothing like putting fuel on a fire.:lol:lol:lol

Chill
16th February 2009, 02:06 AM
Mabye he just has a lot of cats, and the cats crapped in his laundry, so now he's locked them in the kitchen... I JUST HOPE THEY DON'T CRAP ON HIS FOOD!!! hahaha...

Darkdrium777
16th February 2009, 04:43 AM
We want to know more about these cats of yours Chris :D

KIGO1987
16th February 2009, 06:10 AM
This is the cat he is going on about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aqA9lvUQ2c

Darkdrium777
16th February 2009, 12:46 PM
ROFL Youtube comments make no sense. Despite the video description there are still silly people to call out "ABUSE!!!!!1!!oneone" :lol

/Off Topic

blackwiggle
16th February 2009, 02:34 PM
This will happen to your cat unless some DLC comes soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnuo17dsBQ

Is that abuse?:lol

LOUDandPROUD
16th February 2009, 08:56 PM
LMBO!!! :lol

RobCoxy
17th February 2009, 03:11 AM
I don't know if Sony Liverpool actually know how successful any form of DLC for this game would be! To be honest they've probably already lost a reasonable amount of money by not releasing DLC before the new year with people stopping playing the game and so on, but if they hurry up with it they'll still make a fortune!

Come on; New tracks, new teams, new skins, new game modes, track editor, custom skins ;). It'd be cruel not to give us at least something along those lines :).

Darkdrium777
17th February 2009, 03:26 AM
Erf track editor is already a no-no.

If they're actually doing what everyone else here thinks they're doing, this is the time it takes to res-up a track from Pure/Pulse to HD or create/remake new ones. Track editor would be great, but it would have to be something with set pieces, no free form editing. Eventually it would always be the same turns, just organized differently, and then there's the whole management of the joints between these fixed sections, etc.

Custom skin also is very hard, for the same reasons almost. It takes a good deal of time and effort to make an HD skin like those used in the game. Sure, some people are able to do it, but most aren't (Myself included). More skins however is good. :)

New teams, I suspect we will hear something about Van Uber or Tigron in some time. There is even one more team, although nobody liked it because it was apparently crap (can't say, haven't played Fusion): G-Tech Systems. Maybe if it was restyled and balanced with the other teams, it would get fans again. ;) (If you guys are still reading...)

New tracks, I definitely hope so. It's one of the games with the fewest tracks, they have to make more.

whew, i'm into long replies tonight.

gbit
17th February 2009, 03:57 AM
While it's true that making content is hard, games that are far, far more complicated gameplay-wise than WO have a full set of free developer tools available, and talented fans turn out some awesome stuff using them!

The sad truth however is that even though Wipeout is a storied and historic video game series, I'm not sure it has that critical mass of a fanbase to support track/craft development using developer tools.

I think the best course of action is to hope that Sony is sufficiently pleased with the return on HD to commission Wipeout PS3. SL must also break away from the pure era of handling, and simulate another league of antigrav racing. It worked magnificently on the psp, and very admirably on the PS3, but it's time for a return to more serious handling!

KIGO1987
17th February 2009, 05:37 AM
Cats....

Wasnt there that cat in the intro scene of 2097, also the same cat is seen in W3 also.

Chill
17th February 2009, 06:46 AM
yeah... well there was a cat on Pure as well... ;)

Indeed if WXL and W3 tracks are remade, insane happiness thrives upon I... uh... once I get it of course LOL...

I thought of SIXAXIS as a bit serious...

Actually it might not be too hard making HD skins, all we'd need a lot more and better editing tools... and we could copy and paste already existing HD pictures that have patterns and such anyway... and screw around with that...

Mateo
17th February 2009, 02:21 PM
there's also the sebenco hellas cat:g

Darkdrium777
17th February 2009, 02:25 PM
And the Ubermall cat as well. ;)

JABBERJAW
17th February 2009, 03:13 PM
The reverse tracks are supposed to be the dowloadable content, I do not think there is anything else, and While I wouldn't mind new tracks, I would rather have a new wipeout, or a new/old wipeout. However, in creating that new wipeout, the tracks can be used for both games, then that would be the best probably

RobCoxy
17th February 2009, 04:20 PM
Really? But the reverse tracks came in the full game, so therefore definitely cant be classed as DLC.

I would love a new WipEout...obviously :), but i'm sure SL can find some time to roll out at least one pack of DLC. Surely, it has to come sooner or later!

darkfaerytales
17th February 2009, 08:05 PM
i wouldn't dislike a good re-styling of G-Tech in full HD!

in agreement that SL re-do it in pure HD style, a cross between AG-Sys an Eg-x in design would be ace, mantaining its odd cylindrical boosters

but at this point...

**** STORYLINES! bring BACK 'em all

van uber, tigron, g-tech, puma , quantax!!!

p.s. haven't never play myself too fusion so my judgement isn't spoiled, but i think if g-tech or whatever other team was a crap in a game it don't means that can't be quite good in another one ;) ( see the van uber case, it is well known too that it was quite crap in fusion and then became ACE in pure! )

so, give 'em another chance c'mon! people will be happy to play with them!

Mateo
17th February 2009, 08:44 PM
i wonder if there also will be new trophies... a "get 100.000 loyalty points for each team" golden trophy would be really cool :nod

KIGO1987
17th February 2009, 08:45 PM
And the Ubermall cat as well. ;)

I thought that was a Panda's head. Oh... that cat, at the end of the track where the bitch bend is.

Darkdrium777
17th February 2009, 09:07 PM
Panda head? Hmm well Firefoxes do look like a cat (a bit), and they're effin cute as well :P, but I was pretty sure everyone though it was a cat head... I haven't seen any Pandas IRL so I wouldn't know...

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0799/Red_Panda.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0799/Red_Panda)

Anyway this is going way off topic :lol

darkfaerytales
17th February 2009, 09:21 PM
ok returning back on topic:

who thinks that the puma ship ( only the design , without puma advs. )
would cut its good figure in HD?

darkfaerytales
18th February 2009, 09:42 PM
do you think tomorrow will be a date with any relevance?

( just to remenber tomorrow will be released the LBP WO hd costumes pack )

Feisar Ltd.
18th February 2009, 09:53 PM
I want a wipeout 3 track pack... HD Porto Kora FTW!!!

KIGO1987
18th February 2009, 09:56 PM
i wonder if there also will be new trophies... a "get 100.000 loyalty points for each team" golden trophy would be really cool :nod

I honestly would of rather get max points for all teams, than do ****ing Zico. I just simple cannot do it right. Since from day one ive been using the Pulse controller setup.
I might have to change to the Analogue trigger and learn Motion Control Pitch 101. So i can actual get ahead again. This also means changing the ship that is best suited to these settings.

DLC packs..... you bastards better not release them in the first few weeks when im back at Uni. I dont want any distractions again.:pc

crawdad62
19th February 2009, 12:13 AM
DLC packs..... you bastards better not release them in the first few weeks when im back at Uni.

I think he meant you fine gentlemen better not release DLC in those first few weeks. ;-) Of course I don't concur. Unless you mean to release some sooner then by all means.

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 01:37 AM
I doubt there will be anymore trophies to get.
Main reason is that to get Transcendence you have to get all the trophies in the game as it is,it would be unfair if the goal posts were moved and you had to get additional ones if you haven't already finished the game.

darkfaerytales
19th February 2009, 04:32 AM
people, i hope you don't really prefer some stupid trophies without any rewards, over tracks, ships and modes:blarg

TearsToShreds
19th February 2009, 11:08 AM
do you think tomorrow will be a date with any relevance?

( just to remenber tomorrow will be released the LBP WO hd costumes pack )

To be honest I don't think this has anything to do with any DLC coming out anytime soon. I've seen the WipEout stickers that are coming with the LBP costumes and they're just the logo's of all the teams currently available in HD. So even if it's coming I doubt we'll see any new teams. But who knows? No one can say. :) I sure hope there's some coming soon, but I can wait.

okam
19th February 2009, 03:43 PM
Main reason is that to get Transcendence you have to get all the trophies in the game as it is,it would be unfair if the goal posts were moved and you had to get additional ones if you haven't already finished the game.

DLC usually doesnt count towards the platinum though; for instance in BioShock you can get the platinum at 68% or so (all the original content minus challenge rooms), and the same for for Burnout Paradise where the original content adds up to about 50-60%.

Mateo
19th February 2009, 03:50 PM

maybe they'll do it like burnout. to get platinum you have to complete all "old" trophies. the added ones are still counting for the percentage bar, but you don't need them to get transcendence. who knows, maybe zico feels like driving some people crazy again :lol

EDIT: too slow...

Xavier
19th February 2009, 04:13 PM
Pure was like this... you needed 144 golds to be a "Purist", but they didn't increase that number when the DLC came out. I became a Purist without attempting a single PHantom-class race. ^_^;

darkfaerytales
19th February 2009, 06:32 PM
it's absurd that the only download content about this game has end up in another game...

don't you think it's just absurd guys at studio liverpool?:rolleyes:

okam
20th February 2009, 01:51 PM
I wonder how many people ever got through the whole campain and feel they have "done" what there is to do in the game... no use putting out DLC if 75% of the players are still happily working through the grid. IThe people on this forum are like 0.000000001% of WOHD players and not really representative of the great masses. The dev's statistics might show that the time isn't right for DLC just now.

Mateo
20th February 2009, 02:20 PM
when you look at anulpha sl venom record tables, you can see that there are about 900 people who have beaten zico. +trophy hunters who were deleted from the record table because of inactivity; -people who have beaten zico but didn't manage to also beat the other hard ones (arcade, zeus); +-etc.; so there should be round about 1000 people who have gotten all trophies in the game and I don't think that many more will follow. the hard trophies aren't made to be won by everyone, they're just a reward for the hardcore fans...

KIGO1987
20th February 2009, 02:31 PM
In all honesty **** Zico. I want to keep my DS3 Controller.

If Zico didnt exsist who the **** out there would honestly spend several hundred hours/laps in sluggest venom speed TT or Speed Lap? Cause i sure wouldnt. Eliminator, yes. Even phantom Elite races. But Venom speed, in Speed laps i wouldnt care a bit cause it doesnt improve your skill at that speed, maybe your patients buts that it.

crawdad62
20th February 2009, 02:45 PM
I was thinking about the AI last night. It's really good. It's brutal actually. I was waiting around for an online game so I ended up going to a Racebox game and playing. You certainly can't get bored with this game. So I can kind of see the point that "all is well and we might as well leave it as is" idea but SL and more so Sony is a company and you need to keep moving product. Obviously they either one, don't plan on any DLC (seems unlikely), two, don't have it ready yet, or three, have it but want more people to finish what's already been offered(?) (unlikely as well).

I've not finished the game. Don't even know how many trophies I have. I just get them when I get them. I don't even do the campaigns much anymore after getting the whole fleet of ships. I play online and that's it. So I guess I'm not helping matters much if they really are looking at stats. I have a hunch they're looking after their bottom line more. Heck give me more tracks and I'd pay as much as I did for the whole game.

I wish some of Criterion's philosophy would rub off. Burnout PC has been constantly updated, added on and more importantly released news of what's planned.

silverfoxy
20th February 2009, 02:54 PM
I will add my tuppences worth to the discussion

I think they will release DLC as there is money to be made. Lets face it, thats the most important factor here in terms of the developers as they are a business and thats what businesses do.

There are a lot of hardcore players on there but there are also casuals. Some of my mates have played it for a couple of hours, thought it was a good game but haven't kept coming back for more. Others are progressing well through the game but haven't got many gold or silver trophies. Out of my mates I'm the only one who has got platinum.

So IMO the DLC that will be released in future will be in part for the purists, and also to try and tempt some of the more casual gamers.

When they did an update before and changed the parameters of a couple of the trophies to make them slightly easier this really inspired a lot of my friends who were struggling to get it before. It made them go back to the game and appreciate it more. In a way I think DLC will have to do something like this.

I'm all for DLC but after watching some of the speed lap videos posted lately and seen the global scores/times being improved often I think there is still plenty in the game even for the most hardcore player.

cybrpnk
20th February 2009, 07:32 PM
I guess at the end of the day...we have to know how well HD moved in terms of 'units' sold...

That factor alone would determine how feasible a release of DLC would become...

Its all noble and good and all releasing DLC for the hardcore fans...but from a marketing perspective...if the number of hardcore fans does not add up to the number of units they need to sell to make up for whatever losses they have incurred whilst making the game...then DLC would seem quite far off...

My two cents...anyway...

I for one would buy 10 copies if I could just to shift a few more units...:)

Bring on the love SL...

EDIT: maybe...just maybe...they have a counter setup on a huge LCD tv in the office...showing how many PSN purchases are happening of the game...as soon as it clicks over whatever number they need it to...DLC will be released...just like a time bomb...(hey...one can only dream can't they)

RobCoxy
20th February 2009, 10:09 PM
Lol... maybe... just maybe...:).

blackwiggle
21st February 2009, 05:11 AM
They must be watching sackboy porno's or something on that Big LCD screen and forgotten that the counter is ticking over.:lol

Axel
21st February 2009, 05:25 PM
I love everything about the game apart from Zico trophy. I thought that was a bit extreme of a time to beat TBH.

They probably will release DLC, but it would be a massive one, not in parts I assume. Another 8 or so tracks fro roughly around the same price. Oh and they will probably add eliminator mode as well :)

then they can call it a day and leave all effort on the next Wipeout.

crawdad62
21st February 2009, 05:34 PM
I like where your head's at Axel.

Xavier
21st February 2009, 08:40 PM
I thought this wasn't even supposed to be a "real" game; just something in between (maybe an exceptionally-playable tech demo) that they were releasing in preparation for a full-featured PS3 Wipeout. There aren't even any new courses!

There's plenty of technical/graphics brilliance in this game, but little new creative content. No new courses (the lifeblood of any racing game), no new teams, no radically-new things at all aside from improved online-ness. I myself hope that this "game", fun as it is, is just the producers testing things out and seeing what can be done with the latest technology before moving on to making what they really want to make.

blackwiggle
21st February 2009, 10:11 PM
I think the best we can hope for is more tracks from PURE and PULSE and possibly FUSION being spruced up and slightly altered,like we have now.
That's apart from any new tracks that might eventuate.

I remember seeing a video interview prior to the release of HD,I can't remember exactly who it was with,the now/then head of SCEE I think.

He was being questioned over what tracks would be revamped for the yet unreleased HD,the interviewer asked if any tracks from the original Wipeout and 2097 would be transformed.

His reply was something along the lines that it wasn't possible as the original coding for those games had been lost.[I don't know if this applied to WO3].

If you look at the classic packs from PURE, they do look and feel that they were redone from scratch in a straight comparison to the originals ,with just the general track design kept roughly the same.

With the amount of detail that we have in HD,I don't know if it would be easier to design new tracks and be done with it,rather than trying to replicate the older tracks if this code loss were to be correct.

Spare a thought for long time SL employees that have worked on a few Wipeout's.
I think they would rather be working some new tracks,just on a job satisfaction level more than anything else.

darkfaerytales
21st February 2009, 11:19 PM
yes , dear friend you're right, you can find in some other thread posts, i think infoxicated and/or maybe crob, or other wipeout staf people who has reported this many times ( about the code loss...)

sadly, 'cause my favourites was in the older wo, with w3o at the top of them , and with P-Mar Project in top of ALL...sad but real

-bytheway, concerning the " supposed " chance to may see a couple of completely new tracks, you can read what colin did reported in an interview about a year ago, i've posted those articles some pages ago in this thread, but you can easily find it by yourself in the web!

i know, things may changes

expecially after a year, but the desire to do some new tracks was clearly real, by the words of colin

RagnaRock
24th February 2009, 01:58 AM
personally im waiting for that download to come to buy the game...
the Wipeout HD was suposed to represent the power of PSN..i was expecting a LOT more movement in extras for the game (werent u expecting some extra skins? tracks? hollidays events? some paid packs? so much to do... but nothing as come...)

it sems a really great game...but since i dont have another 4 frieds to share my acount with..i dont want to spend 18€ in only 8 tracks, i would prefer pay 25 and get 16+ tracks (i dont count reverse tracks as a track...) and some more movement on the online modes...

(sorry in advance for my poor english)

Sideshow
24th February 2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I dislike most of the reverses; I find they just don't flow very well (certainly not as well as the forward versions). I've been forcing myself to play them though, and have found myself warming to Moa Therma and Metropia. The blind left-hand square turn on Metropia is a bastard, but awesome when you nail it.

SaturnReturn
24th February 2009, 06:14 PM
Wow! I love the reverse tracks - especially Sol2 rev and Chenghou rev. They still seem fresh to me compared to the forward tracks. Probably because I played through the forward tracks in the main campaign and at slower speeds so knew them fairly well once that was complete.

I'm personally not hugely bothered about new content just yet. I like the fact that people are coming up with original ideas for tournaments and competitions. I feel this currently gives the game some new life and adds a thoroughly enjoyable twist to the online game.

darkfaerytales
25th February 2009, 11:21 AM
i suggest people to spam like hell , until they don't give us an official annoucement!

DLC! DLC! DLC! DLC! DLC!

DLC!!!!!! DLC!!!!!

p.s. off topic , it's just me or in the little big planet wo hd pack they have left at home some logo stickers ? ( eg-x. mirage, icaras )

spamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspam:P

Darkdrium777
25th February 2009, 11:34 AM
There better be something on page 10, because we want DLC :)

Note: page 10 if you have 30 replies per page.

Peh-Hok
25th February 2009, 03:38 PM
I'm with Saturn Return, rate the reverse tracks. They're a great test of skill and concentration. I doubt many critics can claim perfection.

Personally I'm still as addicted as to the existing content as I was when it was first released. But that said if they release anything to download I would purchase immediately.

New tracks would be highest on my list.

eLhabib
25th February 2009, 04:02 PM
I have to say I initially thought that having reverse tracks would be a cheap way of producing extra content, but I've come to really like most of them. On Vineta, Anulpha, Moa, and Metropia, I even like the reverse versions better than the normal ones!

Still, as everyone said already, I would purchase any and all new tracks IMMEDIATELY.

LOUDandPROUD
25th February 2009, 04:39 PM
Ditto on purchasing any and all new tracks IMMEDIATELY (or ANY DLC for that matter)!

RagnaRock
25th February 2009, 06:09 PM
still..there would be nice that once in a while they lauch a free track or a free ship / skin

just to keep things warm...

and them those major paid updates/packs

it looks to me that they are leting this baby die....when it was suposed to be the exlibris of psn..

eLhabib
25th February 2009, 06:30 PM
I don't really understand what's up either... I was expecting a LOT of content, and SOON - I really wouldn't have thought we'd have NOTHING new by march...

Strange, really - I'm sure they had plans for tons of stuff, like online rankings (not just record tables, but more fleshed out stuff), ghost sharing, extra ships (you've all seen the Tigron and VanUber references by now), or even the ominous spectator mode that has been briefly revealing itself every now and then... I just hope it's not what I think it is: that they have all this stuff 5 minutes before ready for months now, but aren't allowed to finish and release it, because Sony marketing tells them so :(

Darkdrium777
25th February 2009, 08:50 PM
Wait, there's marketing at Sony? Since when?

Take example on Burnout Paradise: free content available periodically. That is good. Please do the same for WipEout :) (The free part is just an example, it's the periodical point that is the most important)

Stew2000
25th February 2009, 09:31 PM
This is madness. Surely you would of thought user made livery would of been made by now :S

Axel
25th February 2009, 09:56 PM
LOL Stew, but meh. Sony as a whole probably couldn't fund the project. Maybe they are cutting back on costs and looking at the bigger picture. A fully fleshed out Wipeout game. Sad but probably true if we don't hear anything in the next 2 months.

SaturnReturn
25th February 2009, 10:04 PM
Wouldn't free stuff be expecting a hell of a lot from a game that only cost £12 to buy in the first place? I seriously think this is the best value game I've ever bought. If SL tried to give me stuff for free, then sure I'd download it, but I'd have to send them some loose change in the post to ease my conscience. I'd feel like a thief otherwise.

I would happily pay another £12 for anything if I got as much lasting enjoyment from it as I have from the current version. But I wouldn't buy anything straight away - I still have work to do.

RobCoxy
25th February 2009, 10:11 PM
Personally I'm still as addicted as to the existing content as I was when it was first released. But that said if they release anything to download I would purchase immediately.

Yep, that's exactly the same as me :).

@ ElHabib - I came across you're site the other day (well i think it's your site as it's called ElHabib lol) it looks good ;)... i would surf it more if i could read the language it is written in though lol!

crawdad62
25th February 2009, 10:39 PM
I'm personally not hugely bothered about new content just yet.

Yep, that's exactly the same as me :).

You to need to keep that under your hats. :P

Come on! Get onboard! We want DLC!

Darkdrium777
26th February 2009, 01:00 AM
Wouldn't free stuff be expecting a hell of a lot from a game that only cost £12 to buy in the first place?Sure, which is why I was saying that the periodical point was the most important. Burnout had it's way with the free content, but I agree with you that WipEout HD being such good value shouldn't give out too much free stuff (Unless the developers really don't care, hey I don't know ;))

darkfaerytales
26th February 2009, 03:53 AM
sony cut funds tsk...seems like if sony is a company without or with little money...just fresh from debut...like a small new unknown company...tsk WTF

no i don't still criticize your post Axel, probably you're right, or if not, not so far from truth, i still saying that sony behave like a small company without money or profit, this is what really anger me...
i mean wipeout hd has sell well , 250.000 or so copy is good , i think ; now what sony think could have sell , more of this? on psn? without a disk...
another thing i cannot understand, going back to initial topic, how much would cost to produce, or better HDize 4 stupid more tracks, 2 ships and a couple of modes, and so made people happy

made ALL happy, they put out at 10eu , and all is right ( just my opinion )

i say, they have all the models ready, they do not have even to do nothing from scratch...

sorry for the tone, just my opinions...

WHATTHEHELL

cybrpnk
26th February 2009, 05:44 PM
*rallies*

what do we want???

DLC!!!

when do we want it???

NOW!!!

wonder what's going on...you'd think if Sony were to make any cut backs it would happen with some of the crappy ports that have been invading the ps3...

they should have more confidence in 1st party games like WipEout HD to push for more marketing and content and everything else under the sun...

that is assuming of course that DLC has been neglected or put on the back burner due to financial reasons...