PDA

View Full Version : When the first download content will be released?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 01:27 AM
Even if it's 480i on an LCD TV it's still miles better looking than on a CRT. I can't watch CRT SDTV ever again. It sucks. :|

Anyways, I hope Gamespot does the live stream again, I'll be watching it then for WipEout HD related stuff.

IH8YOU
1st June 2009, 02:19 AM
You must have had a bad CRT - as they're better than LCDs over a range of resolutions - LCDs have native res that looks crisp, and that's it. Most tubes could handle a wide range of resolutions - with all of them looking crisp and defined.

Must be talking about a 10 year old CRT vs a new LCD. :blarg

blackwiggle
1st June 2009, 02:41 AM
Well a Canada uses NTSC 60Hz [486 lines] like the USA which will always look inferior to PAL [525 lines], even though PAL is only at 50Hz.

The big difference between CRT and LCD/Plasma displays is the black level,and the ability to show a wider spectrum within that black level.

CRT are still superior in that regard,but LCD/Plasma's are catching up.

The other difference is the way the sets refresh,CRT top to bottom,LCD/Plasma's right to left ,which is why you get judder/motion artifacts.

LOUDandPROUD
1st June 2009, 02:50 AM
It's not as good as rasterize because it doesn't have any other meaning for me. Whereas rasterize could be interpreted as something completely different :)

Exactly. Like, if I was having a party and I wanted to go with a Reggae theme, then Ziggy Marley could totally rasterize my house for me. :lol

Darkdrium777
1st June 2009, 04:55 AM
Nope, it's new CRT TVs or old, whatever. I can't stand the flickering, it burns the eyes, especially for text. For movies it's still ok, but I'll never watch the news on a CRT ever again. And play games. :blarg

Cyberio
1st June 2009, 01:55 PM
Finally!!!
I hope this is official.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/01/wipeout-hd-fury-expansion-pack-details/

More trophies, more tracks, more modes, yes!

AnErare
1st June 2009, 02:38 PM
Also check http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6253

Paul Tweedle, one of WipEout's creators started a thread to inform us.

FatScarf
1st June 2009, 05:36 PM
this thread was started back in oct 08, can it be finally laid to rest now? ;)

KIGO1987
1st June 2009, 05:44 PM
well, near a month has passed from the day of release, all us got very good fun times with our beloved game, but now most of us should had already unlocked everything and finished the game, so i think its time for something new to add 'cause after all this time it feel really the lack of something more

not that i'm tired of all the good tracks and stuff but really this already near perfect game need to something new and fresh to buff up , some stuff really startin' to get old
who think the same as me?

so i wonder when will be announced some dlc content,
personally i hope to see something before xmas ( and i hope something very generous ;) )

p.s. eventually excuse me for my poor english

K darkfaerytales, you got your answer now;)

Nunalho
2nd June 2009, 12:29 AM
I can only hope the pack is released in the next weeks.

darkfaerytales
2nd June 2009, 11:07 PM
K darkfaerytales, you got your answer now;)

YES

time to start new thread now :" When the second download content will be released ? "

obviously i was jocking ;)
:+

thank you all for all these mouths of thoughts , speculation, and contributions to keep this thread up and interesting, i love you all:+

kanar
18th December 2009, 09:11 AM
Well my cats are currently confined to the kitchen because they keep crapping in the clean washing basket.

Little bastards.

I was wondering, any chances for a new litter of kittens soon at SL? ... Or Hd is definitely... well... you know... gah. :paperbag

leungbok
18th December 2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, even an unofficial "maybe" would be appreciated ;)

il_mago_di_Doz
18th December 2009, 11:42 AM
I don't know if it is exacly like this in english..... but, "the hope is the last to die" :nod

blackwiggle
19th December 2009, 08:37 PM
Just a small DLC of one new track would be nice

JJPAP
19th December 2009, 08:45 PM
Or maybe just a small patch, that´ll completely delete Talon´s Junction FW from the WO-universe :lol

SaturnReturn
19th December 2009, 09:21 PM
Two very good ideas. They could combine the two and replace Talon's with a decent track. That would rule.

Mr Phlanj
19th December 2009, 11:45 PM
why dont you guys TJ i mean it's not the best but the only i think thats wrong with it is that it's very simple.

yeldar2097
20th December 2009, 12:17 AM
Because I literally fell asleep mid-race 2x during the last Avalon meet on this track. That's never happened on any other track.

And it's not actually as simple as it seems, which really annoys me.

And you can't see the speed pads.

And the mag-loop is ridiculous.

And for a track with few BRs Moa R is much nicer.

And I like to complain about things.

:g

billychanxtr33m
20th December 2009, 03:07 AM
yeah what yeldar said! srsly hitting pads through the loop regularly is impossible with other ships on the track

Koleax
20th December 2009, 05:23 AM
It seems needlessly complex graphically, dropping frames on almost every turn because it has to render 100 flying cars in the distance or twisting pipes beneath the track. Whoever designed it must have said, "screw 60 FPS," out loud several times and enjoyed it.

kanar
23rd December 2009, 10:13 AM
Just a small DLC of one new track would be nice

Even a simple premium avatar would be a nice attention... Please SL, it's christmas time...:xtree