PDA

View Full Version : When the first download content will be released?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

darkfaerytales
27th February 2009, 12:29 AM
umm the matter of question is not WHEN is IF

if only they say something , then everything turns ok , if they say " on may " ok, fine , they say " august " ok, they say " you have to wait til semptember " good.
i have not problem to wait;
nobody i think wouldn't have big problems to wait if it there were something concrete, but this limbo circumstance...:turd

i mean, they have talk about DLC , new stuff, content periodically released, before the game release, then the game comes out, and all ends in silence, not even a word anymore
what they still doing is wrapped in silence and mistery, it is not know if they still working on a new game, on a new wipeout, on dlc content for real...NOTHING

then there still was that infamous rumor out on early november...
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/11/10/wipeout-hd-dlc/
http://xenonxblog.wordpress.com/2008/11/10/wipeout-hd-dlc-on-the-way/

blackwiggle
27th February 2009, 11:47 AM
Who knows what is happening.

I did notice that Colin Berry has visited the forum today.

Could be checking for possible reasons to get his kicking boots on.

Aim for the crutch of the SCEE head Honcho's Colin,I'm sure you would put some welly into it.;)

Seraphim1982
27th February 2009, 01:55 PM
I don't see why they dont just make a track creator. It doesn't have to be complicated just a selection of track pieces and to avoid the background and texturing issues it could be done in a zone mode esque way. Would certainly give us something to do while waiting for the official releases.

eLhabib
27th February 2009, 03:53 PM
HELL no!

blackwiggle
27th February 2009, 11:24 PM
I'd rather have nothing than a bland track after the gob smackingly beautiful HD.

I remember those prototype tracks from WO3 and WO3SE and didn't like them at all.
The very antithesis of the Wipeout concept and design.

crawdad62
27th February 2009, 11:32 PM
I have to agree. I don't think it would ever do the HD moniker well. I'd much prefer nothing to having a half baked solution just for the sake of it.

sny
28th February 2009, 07:26 AM
I concur, I think I'd be very disappointed to have to play tracks that feel out of place from the smooth, crisp presentation of WOHD, it's what really makes the races manageable even at high speeds and tough turns.

What I would love to see as DLC pack(s) is a track from each previous version of Wipeout upgraded to full HD glory. Hell, back when I played Wipeout 2097 I was even impressed at Valparaiso's and Phenitia Park's track design. Seeing them again in WOHD would be beyond awesome.

That, and of course Elimination mode. ;)

Darkdrium777
28th February 2009, 08:14 AM
That, and of course Elimination mode. ;)Only if they fix the lag happening at each explosion. :/

RagnaRock
28th February 2009, 09:12 PM
Only if they fix the lag happening at each explosion. :/

even the visuals are not very good...
Wipeout HD as great graphics..but the explosions...they skiped that part in a hurry :(

(I hope they also fix that)

RJH
1st March 2009, 01:45 PM
what type of explosions are you referring to, the ship death explosions ?

what would you like to see done to fix them ?

Darkdrium777
1st March 2009, 08:17 PM
The ship explosions. The lag needs to be fixed whenever a ship is eliminated.

DawnFireDragoon
2nd March 2009, 03:17 AM
what type of explosions are you referring to, the ship death explosions ?

what would you like to see done to fix them ?

you can't go wrong with a 2097 style shockwave explosion. perfect.

i know they can't change these effects, but that just had to be said. :)

anyway, refering to the thread title, i'd guess if they still inbtend to do DLC, as the originally planned stuff went in the game during the delay before release...i would guess they're taking their time to make it right. for example, if they're going to put eliminator into the game, it's gonna be hard to keep the framerate up with all those explosions and crazy stuff going on. they probably want to get it right.

If they're including other things, i guess 2 to 4 tracks and 2 to 4 ships. new campaign perhaps.

either way, probably a summer release...

...if they're doing it.

they could do a double release of the DLC on PSN and a disc version full of everything at the same time.

superpj1
2nd March 2009, 09:32 PM
I seriously think Wipeout HD is the best value game I've ever bought.
Same for me. I've bought SF4 70€ last week and believe it or not but I'm still playing Wipeout HD much more often. This game is just so addictive :!

darkfaerytales
3rd March 2009, 11:18 AM
i think i can re-name the title thread in " Download Content, will Ever be released? " bynow

Colin Berry
3rd March 2009, 01:09 PM
Who knows what is happening.

I did notice that Colin Berry has visited the forum today.

Could be checking for possible reasons to get his kicking boots on.

Aim for the crutch of the SCEE head Honcho's Colin,I'm sure you would put some welly into it.;)

I am but a casual observer these days as I havent officially worked on HD since around June / July of last summer. Most of the core team remain on the project though and are working on DLC. Beyond that I cant say what it is or for when I'm afraid.

chboing
3rd March 2009, 01:15 PM
that is enough :D

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great news !

kisses from france :D

crawdad62
3rd March 2009, 01:22 PM
Most of the core team remain on the project though and are working on DLC.

Hot Dog! Now everyone can at least breath easy knowing it's not a question of if but a question of when which should be easier to handle. Thanks Colin!

eLhabib
3rd March 2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks Colin!
Question is: are they producing insane lots of DLC that it's taking them so long? Or is Sony marketing holding them back?

Darkdrium777
3rd March 2009, 01:55 PM
I would write Thanks in big shiny burning letters in the sky over Liverpool, but I can't. :(

So instead I'll just write thanks here.

Thanks for the information :) :+

Also, it's before page 10, good job! :lol

TearsToShreds
3rd March 2009, 02:48 PM
GREAT news!

Very, very glad to hear that they're at least working on something.

Asayyeah
3rd March 2009, 03:01 PM
Thx Colin :)

If they are that long to work on those dlc maybe it shouldn't be considered as DLC but maybe a brand new HD version 2 with 8 new tracks , compatible online with the current HD ones ?

And a release for the 25th of September 2009 ... 1 year after HD :O

Pure speculation here :pc

Mad-Ice
3rd March 2009, 03:05 PM
That's so cool! Thanks for the info Colin. I really didn't think SL would be working on DLC. I thought everyone was already working on a totally new Wipeout for PS3.

Darkdrium777
3rd March 2009, 03:06 PM
Instaposted, replying to Asa

Err, not really friend. Launch one game to play Gare D'Europa (Here's hoping), quit and launch the other to play Sebenco... It doesn't really work ;)

Unless they somehow make it so that if you buy the second version, for the people who already have HD it works as an expansion, and for those that don't it's a full game.
It's still weird to code, and unpractical.

KIGO1987
3rd March 2009, 03:12 PM

Thats cool, we got the answer we where all looking for............. A confirmation:D

Now everyone can STFU about it and let the guys at SL work in peace:)..............:lol

After the mid semester exams would be a the optimum time for the release:) So im whiling to wait a bit:D

AnErare
3rd March 2009, 03:21 PM
Oooh! :hyper:dizzy

This means I can still hold my hopes up for De Konstuct to reappear in HD :D

Not only thanks to you mister Berry but also to SL in general for keeping this up to something that will exceed par even farther :beer

Sausehuhn
3rd March 2009, 04:48 PM
Now the only question remaining is: what are you working on, Colin? ;)

Btw: I wanna play Florion Height 3 in HD.

darkfaerytales
3rd March 2009, 05:47 PM
i know, i know, that this thread would have become HOT

today, i have took a peek there, i've read the news, i didn't believe in my eyes, then i've to go out for shopping, i was so happy people saw only my big yellow smile, i think i smelt around scent of rose & peach blooms and i did emit some form of shine too

colin, you have come in the darkest moment and have save the day with your words
you save my day:+

now if only U just could take a peek on what they're working:lol just remenber them to include the little german silver-orange-yellow oddity ( and the big fat black mafia cigar, but just 'cause 13 is a bad number for our american friends ;) ) tell them from my behalf that i should be ready to pay even 50/70 eu for a pack with the little german oddity:P

colin rocks:rock

Ally
3rd March 2009, 07:33 PM
If we're all doing I wants now, Manor Top plz thx :)

blackwiggle
3rd March 2009, 08:20 PM
I'm glad we finally got some official conformation about the intent of releasing some DLC.:lol
The only definitive post in this whole thread so far.

Now this thread can go back to pure speculation again.:paperbag

eLhabib
3rd March 2009, 09:26 PM
Hate to crush your dreams there, but Colin's post was neither definitive nor official...

LOUDandPROUD
3rd March 2009, 10:36 PM

:rolleyes: In regards to whether or not we'll be getting DLC, which is what we were all wondering, that's definitive in my book. Maybe not official, but certainly definitive...

Thanks for the scoop, Colin! :hyper

DawnFireDragoon
3rd March 2009, 10:39 PM
that's awesome news.

here's hoping for a mixed bag of new stuff and old classic non-psp game tracks!

also if we are mentioning what we'd liike: Valparaiso, please. :)

NeilSmith
3rd March 2009, 11:01 PM
Great news Colin!

We will release Crob's cats as soon as our demands are met :)

darkfaerytales
3rd March 2009, 11:07 PM
Hate to crush your dreams there, but Colin's post was neither definitive nor official...

:rolleyes: In regards to whether or not we'll be getting DLC

let me understand, maybe there's some part that i've miss...
what the hell they are working on dlc then, for what? for who? to fill up some free time? or as an hobby, they do dlc for hobby?:mad: maybe colin was refering to another game :?

have any sense to you that they still working on dlc and then do not release it to us,when it is ready?

this is enough as a confirmation for me,i get this words for what they are people, if my eyes don't fool me

they-are-working-on-dlc what's wrong?

LOUDandPROUD
4th March 2009, 02:17 AM
@ darkfaerytales - My post was in response to what eLhabib wrote. I did not agree with his assessment that Colin's post wasn't definitive in regards to us getting some DLC, as it clearly was (to me anyway...and obviously to you too). :+

eLhabib
4th March 2009, 08:03 AM
I know what Colin said. I'm just saying you shouldn't get your hopes up just yet. There are full games that are being worked on for years that never see a release. SCEE marketing are the ones with the finger on the button here.

KIGO1987
4th March 2009, 08:33 AM
Oooh! :hyper:dizzy

This means I can still hold my hopes up for De Konstuct to reappear in HD :D

Not only thanks to you mister Berry but also to SL in general for keeping this up to something that will exceed par even farther :beer

De Konstruct, yes. That was a interesting Pulse track.

Now the only question remaining is: what are you working on, Colin? ;)

Btw: I wanna play Florion Height 3 in HD.

Florion Height 3, yes that would be great too:D

chboing
4th March 2009, 09:17 AM
I know what Colin said. I'm just saying you shouldn't get your hopes up just yet. There are full games that are being worked on for years that never see a release. SCEE marketing are the ones with the finger on the button here.

man :rolleyes: , you like to play with words don't you ?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hope
1. To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.

I'm pretty sure a "real" dictionnary would give a very close definition too.
According to me, you too eLhabib should, like everybody here, get your hopes up !!
Then, if you believe in SL and the good work they made since all those years, then you should be just happy like me or most of the people here

and don't you dare crushing my dreams again !! :lol

eLhabib
4th March 2009, 09:54 AM
I trust in SL, but I don't trust in SCEE marketing...
after all, what in the world is taking them so damn long?

aerobie
4th March 2009, 10:38 AM
Awesome! I have been checking this thread often for news about WipEout HD DLC. This small (and simultaneously HUGE) revelation from Colin Berry is the tipping point for me: I am buying a PS3 today! (I have some major catching up to do: WipEout HD, SFIV, VF5, SCIV, etc...) Thank you Colin for the news. Thank you Studio Liverpool and SCEE for WipEout!

darkfaerytales
4th March 2009, 10:56 AM
My post was in response to what eLhabib wrote. I did not agree with his assessment that Colin's post wasn't definitive in regards to us getting some DLC, as it clearly was (to me anyway...and obviously to you too). :+

i know friend, i have understand :+

There are full games that are being worked on for years that never see a release.

this is true as well

I trust in SL, but I don't trust in SCEE marketing...
after all, what in the world is taking them so damn long?

the first leaked rumor about " dlc at work " was on the first days of november, take in consideration maybe they still working on it by just few days at the time rumor has leaked. as someone has say before " there's no smoke without fire " this already at the time before " confirmation " of colin

they are on work on this dlc by like 4-5 mounths, they are still working, so...

-1: or the booty is rich
-2: or they have ran into some sort of problem, technical or marketing

i hope my assumptions are right ( obviously i hope more for the first :P )

i hope the loot will be generous:beer

Darkdrium777
4th March 2009, 12:13 PM
The only thing I'm hoping is that enough people will be there to buy it when it comes out.

komatos
4th March 2009, 02:06 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with eLhabib here: I'm hoping that they release the DLC but quite frankly I'll believe it when I see it. Especially after how they shortchanged us North Americans with the Pulse DLC and the Omega pack for Pure. It would be nice, and it probably will see the light of day, at least in some parts of the world :( but who knows whether it'll make it to US/Canada/Mexico? Only time will tell. It's been over a year that NA has been Pulse DLC-less, and I don't ever see that changing at this point. Although I keep checking the PS Store 2x a week or more (keeping a small amount of hope up).

FWIW, though, since I just got a used PS3 and HD yesterday it'll be quite a long time before I've completed a significant amount of it and am pining for more content. :)

pildog
4th March 2009, 02:14 PM
It seems to me that the best way to release DLC (for any game) is to release a little, a lot, and price it cheaply. So one DLC may just give one new ship and maybe some new ship designs, maybe a new game mode. In another maybe one track. This way you can always maintain interest over a long period of time and keep the game fresh. However the WO DLC seems to be going the one-big-splurge route.

Sausehuhn
4th March 2009, 03:44 PM
At least for tracks they should release a big pack and not every track seperately. It's an online game and, as I see it, the best for the game is to release new tracks in big packs with a nice price so that races don't end in what they've been in Pulse (aka "you can't race that tournament because that and that track is missing").
Sure, the problem still exists then, as there will be someone without content everytime (even if it's for free), but having different tracks in several different packs will make that effect even worse.
The only way to avoid that is gamesharing. And I'm not sure how far that can go.

Axel
4th March 2009, 04:05 PM
One big splurge please SL if you can. If your going the multiple DLC route then please price them fairly as a lot of the crap on the Sony DLC are over priced.

Xavier
4th March 2009, 04:18 PM
If the DLC were free, I'd support a steady stream of small updates to keep interest high (and to maximize interest in particular things at particular times, which will mean lts of people gathering online to play the latest tracks as they come out).

But if it's not free, I agree with Sausehuhn; you'll have mismatches in which players have what packs.

The obvious solution is to just make the DLC free. :)

DawnFireDragoon
4th March 2009, 04:22 PM
i seriously doubt the DLC will be free. the game was so cheap to begin with that if they charge for DLC and it's a fair price for the content, you can't really complain.

they could put out charged DLC in the form of eliminator mode, tracks, music and ships.

then give us the odd free ship every now and then, the obscure ones...from some previous games...or even new skins for ones we already have...to keep us sweet.

darkfaerytales
4th March 2009, 04:26 PM
The only thing I'm hoping is that enough people will be there to buy it when it comes out.

:P are you kidding friend? do you know how many people wants dlc for this game? try to tip " wipeout HD DLC " on google and see yourself

maybe tonight i'll post a short compilations of links here

p.s. seems that now we have to believe what was the purpose of the 1.26 patch

Mateo
4th March 2009, 06:11 PM
The obvious solution is to just make the DLC free. :)

I would feel like a thief, if the DLC was free.:naughty

Even the main game is underpriced...:paperbag

pildog
4th March 2009, 06:58 PM
It's only right that the DLC should be paid for; hard work should always be rewarded. But every now and then something free should be given to the fans to keep them sweet.

I wish Sony had a more hands-on approach to WO, like Bungie has to Halo. Keeping the fans informed and assuring them that new stuff is just around the corner will keep them on their toes. The total silence that we have just makes people wonder if Sony doesn't care and has forgotten about WO, which sends the wrong message. Wait too long and people will jump ship to another game... are we already seeing it?

lunar
4th March 2009, 07:28 PM
There`s no way it will be free :lol Forget it. It will probably be reasonably priced as Sony in house stuff on the PS Store tends to be good value. If there are complaints over Sony charging for it I will probably just pull out all my fingernails slowly while listening to Celine Dion and eating mouthfuls of cold brussels sprouts instead of coming here, as that will be more fun. :cold ;)

If the DLC is done the best way then everybody who wants to play online will have to download the content to hard disk, and you will only purchase the unlock key for the content you already have on your hard disk. In this way, those who don`t buy it are not locked out of online games when they don`t have the right ships or tracks. They can be allowed to join games with the DLC, but they cannot host or play single player with the DLC. It is the only sensible way for DLC to be done, imo, otherwise it leads to confusion and chaos online, and almost every PS3 game does it this way I think. Maybe this method makes really big DLC downloads impractical, but I don`t know.

And thanks to Colin, of course, for that little info-nugget, very appreciated! :)

darkfaerytales
4th March 2009, 08:04 PM
guys, 5 mounths of hard work, and i bet it will become 6 if not 7, how someone can pretend to get it free?
for much i do care an love this game i'd fell myself a thief as well, i'm more than happy to pay for dlc, to pay for every content will be released

Xavier
4th March 2009, 08:58 PM
I'm of course perfectly happy to pay for it as well, but if it does turn out to be free, so much the better! (Don't worry; I'm sure to pour plenty of money into future WO games!)

I just hope that it's available worldwide and that the fiasco of Pulse DLC doesn't repeat itself. This was handled much better with Pure, not least because Pure DLC was free.

Mateo, I wouldn't say that the main game is underpriced if the same technology is being used to create a future, full-blown HD Wipeout game. We'll "overpay" when that game comes out at full price, which will make up for the "underpayment" of the current WOHD.

lunar
4th March 2009, 09:06 PM
Yes I have to agree that the Pulse situation was a fiasco. Infact a "fiasco" is a relatively well-organised and successful enterprise compared to what happened with Pulse`s DLC ;) But, fortunately, updates seem to be handled much better on PS3. Even with Pure`s free content it was a pain on Xlink Kai`s unnoficial online play when people didn`t have the downloads - not everyone got around to downloading it, so there were problems with people not having the ships and tracks they needed and getting kicked from games or being unable to join, and the same would happen on HD if the download of updates isn`t compulsory in order to play online. Making everyone at least download but not necessarily buy the DLC before they can go to the online lobbies is the only workable solution, imo.

DawnFireDragoon
4th March 2009, 09:51 PM
as mentioned above, bungie are a great example for handling DLC, also criterion games for Burnout Paradise. whether you like halo 3 or burnout paradise doesn't really matter, the fact both these companies have great relationships with the fans and do a good job with DLC says everything.

with criterion they gave out heaps of free stuff and now are charging...which is fair enough in my book. they deserve some cash for all their hard work. They did this to build up interest in the product and get a solid user base. it worked, now they can charge and make money, while keeping fans happy with free stuff and give them options with charged stuff.

with bungie, they charge for DLC...which later becomes free/reduced, gave out free stuff on what they call Bungie Day and express constantly how it's microsoft stopping them charging less and giving things out free or when they're done...not when microsoft say 'nows a good time to release'. they listen to the fans and constantly react.

balancing charged and free DLC is not easy...with Wipeout and it's considerable smaller fanbase i believe charging is the best option, but the odd free thing will really help...for the fanbase, the reputation and the future...even if it's just some small things. (the people working on the product, i'm sure, would be all-for sticking at least something out for free to get the sheer joy and reation from fans!)

whether sony would let Studio Liverpool do that, even on a small scale is another matter...

darkfaerytales
4th March 2009, 10:22 PM
first of all they could do as criterion did, as many mates before said , they released the pack with all included and the individual packs,with only one car , so if one wish only only 1 ship , he buy only 1 ship, if one wish 1 track buy 1 track, if he want it all, get it all

more option= more money, so the uberfans get it all, the one that want only that certain " piece" but isn't intersted in the other stuff and don't want to spend all the $ is free to get it, people aren't discouraged = sale assured

concerning the other main argument, about the interaction -online play- people who own that track/people who don't own and cannot play anymore
this apply only for tracks, i think
or if one race with a download ship and another one of the participants don't own that ship, will not see it?

RagnaRock
5th March 2009, 12:49 AM
It's only right that the DLC should be paid for; hard work should always be rewarded. But every now and then something free should be given to the fans to keep them sweet.

I wish Sony had a more hands-on approach to WO, like Bungie has to Halo. Keeping the fans informed and assuring them that new stuff is just around the corner will keep them on their toes. The total silence that we have just makes people wonder if Sony doesn't care and has forgotten about WO, which sends the wrong message. Wait too long and people will jump ship to another game... are we already seeing it?

x2 hard work must be rewarded:D (to keep them motivated to do more:P)
once in a while lauching a new skin/ship/track for free would also be great just to keep the game always fresh.

Btw I just bought it :) this was the green signal i was waiting for:g

pildog
5th March 2009, 08:52 AM
Not only do Bungie release frequent (and sometimes free) DLC, they host different or custom game types each week. This means there's always something new to do, and you know they're watching and are interested in what the fans are playing. Wouldn't it be great if WO hosted a new track challenge each week, or hosted a different tournament, where the three best times/wins over the week would be given gold/silver/bronze status?

H3avyM3tal
5th March 2009, 06:29 PM
This is hardly a fair comparison, since Halo has many many times more fans than WO (which is unfortunate), so naturally there are more important things to work on.

With that said, lets have some DLC already!!!!!

RobCoxy
7th March 2009, 07:40 PM
Happy to hear that SL are at least working on some DLC! :D Send it this way guys ;).

rushin
9th March 2009, 02:21 PM
part of the reason that burnout/halo have much higher fanbases is they did a much, much better job launching and supporting. Wipeout had a lot of hype when it was released, I was quite amazed. But then what happened? they dropped it into the world, with a massive bug on the friends list that took ages to be fixed and then nothing. left to die (or left to the diehard)

It's not difficult to see what they could have done, got some more bones in the very bare bones online. released a stready trickle of dlc to keep ppl interested, hosted tournaments and events, created a home space. It's a much longer list than this but sony have managed to do exactly nothing.

A bit crap for the flagship PSN game dont you think? Playing online the last month or so it seems the community is reaching a critical point size wise. I waited 10 mins the other day and only saw a single venom game up in all that time. It's fine if you get into a room as generally it will stay alive for some time, but for anyone logging on they would think it had died already. sad, sad :(

Maybe its time to bite the bullet, release on blu-ray with some additional content and put a little/some/any effort into marketing!

kanar
9th March 2009, 02:33 PM
"All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world" (Abba)

Time crisis mate... My thought is they had not enough budget for a decent promotional campaign. Sony focused on KZ2, LBP... But I'm sure we'll have these DLCs soon!

DawnFireDragoon
9th March 2009, 04:44 PM
part of the reason that burnout/halo have much higher fanbases is they did a much, much better job launching and supporting. Wipeout had a lot of hype when it was released, I was quite amazed. But then what happened? they dropped it into the world, with a massive bug on the friends list that took ages to be fixed and then nothing. left to die (or left to the diehard)

It's not difficult to see what they could have done, got some more bones in the very bare bones online. released a stready trickle of dlc to keep ppl interested, hosted tournaments and events, created a home space. It's a much longer list than this but sony have managed to do exactly nothing.

A bit crap for the flagship PSN game dont you think? Playing online the last month or so it seems the community is reaching a critical point size wise. I waited 10 mins the other day and only saw a single venom game up in all that time. It's fine if you get into a room as generally it will stay alive for some time, but for anyone logging on they would think it had died already. sad, sad :(

Maybe its time to bite the bullet, release on blu-ray with some additional content and put a little/some/any effort into marketing!

agreed. during psone and ps2 era, sony knew what they where doing with releases, support and advertisement...they do seem to have lost the plot.

i think a blu-ray release would help a lot...seen as there's zero advertisement, updates on the game...if people stood in a shop see wipeout in a nice shiny case next to killzone 2, they're gonna pay attention!

blackwiggle
10th March 2009, 12:03 AM
Not only that,the Wipeout HD website has gone all screwy with the music.

Will somebody change the websites batteries or put a new hamster in the treadmill.:)

darkfaerytales
10th March 2009, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE=blackwiggle;116863]the Wipeout HD website has gone all screwy with the music.QUOTE]

ah so is the site screwed , i'm thinking was somethin in my pc

good, all is left to rot...

Cyberio
12th March 2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah, i entered some weeks ago, i thought that it was my pc.

Well, it's time for some new tracks, or the "reverse campaign", or something. A few months has passed since the release and re-playing the game with more content will extend the life of this game (i have 100 hours in total, counting the 83% of the thophies, with a DLC... maybe 200 lol)

AnErare
12th March 2009, 09:51 PM
Either they've fixed the music or something else may have been erroneous. The music is working fine with ff over here.. :/

The site displays "Navigation Panel 0.1", that even appears to be pre-release :P

cnmth
12th March 2009, 11:02 PM
HAHA :D that music from the wipeout hd site omg im really laughing my ass off !
energy low ;)

anyway dlc will come! eventually :pc

Darkdrium777
13th March 2009, 02:03 AM
Music not working here either.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; fr; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Lion
13th March 2009, 02:31 AM
plays perfectly for me.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2

darkfaerytales
14th March 2009, 01:27 AM
back on topic

now the most wanted question is :

WHEN?

once we know when i'm quite sure we will know what as well...

Golgofier
14th March 2009, 09:54 AM
I really dont get SL's silence here. At the very least a conformation that they're actually working on it would be a nice gesture... IF they are in fact working on it, which I'm not too confident they are any more.

Didn't I see a SL guy in one of these threads? Cmon man, give us something to work with here :)

Darkdrium777
14th March 2009, 10:36 AM
Friend, you are looking for this (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115777&postcount=265).

Golgofier
14th March 2009, 12:16 PM
AHAA! Well that was a relief :)

eLhabib
16th March 2009, 10:55 AM
Interesting news: today I got a presser from Sony Austria, stating that from March 16 to April 18, every newly created PSN account gets a free voucher for the download of wipEout HD. I don't know if this is only for Austria, but I guess it's world/euro-wide.

Sounds to me like they wanna get the interest up before releasing DLC, but whaddaya know... I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that we'll see some DLC by end of April... *crossesfingers*

guillaume
16th March 2009, 11:13 AM
Are you saying that for a complete month, they're basically giving HD away for free?

eLhabib
16th March 2009, 11:24 AM
yup. so if you have a PS3 and for whatever stupid reason feel that 20 bucks for wipEout are too expensive, just create a new PSN account and you get wipEout HD for free!

RedScar
16th March 2009, 11:42 AM
Interesting news: today I got a presser from Sony Austria, stating that from March 16 to April 18, every newly created PSN account gets a free voucher for the download of wipEout HD. I don't know if this is only for Austria, but I guess it's world/euro-wide.

Sounds to me like they wanna get the interest up before releasing DLC, but whaddaya know... I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that we'll see some DLC by end of April... *crossesfingers*

Its to set everyone up for the DLC hopefully, you sly dogs sony

Amorbis
16th March 2009, 03:34 PM
The free download is a very good sign for WipEout HD. The more people playing online the merrier! Perhaps Sony's strategy is to get lots of copies of HD available so people feel obliged to pay a few pounds for some DLC. The people signing up now really are lucky, I'd say WOHD is worth more than the asking price, yet alone free!

dobyblue
16th March 2009, 05:59 PM
I have read a lot about the DLC and what ships and/or tracks people would like to see all listing tracks from Pulse.

Aren't people also interested in seeing some DLC from the first few games? I think the tracks from WipEout and XL would all work well in HD and in addition there are some bad-ass weapons that could be re-introduced - force wall? That was an awesome weapon, 500~0 in an instant! Cloak, reverse, etc.

I would love to see some of that come to the game eventually.

Cyberio
16th March 2009, 06:48 PM
I want more that old tracks than the pulse ones, because if at last wipeout pulse is released to ps2 i will have the same tracks in hd. i prefer re-live the old tracks with ps3 graphics.

komatos
16th March 2009, 08:07 PM
Aren't people also interested in seeing some DLC from the first few games? I think the tracks from WipEout and XL would all work well in HD and in addition there are some bad-ass weapons that could be re-introduced - force wall? That was an awesome weapon, 500~0 in an instant! Cloak, reverse, etc.

Speaking of adding classic Wipeout games features to HD, I've been playing the PS1 disc of XL on my PS3 trying to re-earn the Piranha and finish the game again and what I miss from that game is the ability to fire missiles and other weapons backwards, with the "Rear Lock On" message. Was way cool to get those pesky annoying pursuers off your tail. Some XL tracks in HD would look cool as well (Gare d'Europa, Valparaiso, Spilskinanke, and the last track).

mdhay
16th March 2009, 09:43 PM
yup. so if you have a PS3 and for whatever stupid reason feel that 20 bucks for wipEout are too expensive, just create a new PSN account and you get wipEout HD for free!

I could cry right now....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Darkdrium777
16th March 2009, 11:20 PM
yup. so if you have a PS3 and for whatever stupid reason feel that 20 bucks for wipEout are too expensive, just create a new PSN account and you get wipEout HD for free!LOL WUT?

That is awesome. So awesome I need to post this again. Yes it is smaller.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/e/e7/Awesome_2.0.png/120px-Awesome_2.0.png (http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/e/e2/Party_Hard_awesome.gif)

You should not click the image if you are epileptic. But since everyone here plays WipEout HD I doubt there is someone epileptic here... :P

darkfaerytales
17th March 2009, 12:45 AM
it has been repeated around to death, but i understand some people here are new so, sadly the codes for the first 3 wipeouts went lost so if studio liverpool would introduce some in HD they will have to re-do completely from scratch just copying them by sight i think, in other words it will ends with a " new " track but with an old name

it's just sad for me as well since as many of us most of my favourites are in the olds : p-mar project, gare d'europa, altima VII , hi-fumii, korodera , just to say some...

anyway just to put some words on the main topic, this news about wo hd free is just crazy:P, but if it means open the way for the incoming dlc then OK!

dobyblue
17th March 2009, 12:50 PM
I'm not a programmer so I probably don't understand this too well, but if the codes are lost then how can a downloadable version of WipEout be offered and/or why can't the code be extracted from the current versions of the game directly from a game disc?

In addition even if the tracks would have to be rendered from scratch wouldn't the ability to add backwards firing weapons and old weapons that were in XL, WO and W3 be far simpler of a task?

rushin
17th March 2009, 03:38 PM
one is compiled, one is code.

erm hope that wasnt too short. I have a great cake analogy

code - all the raw ingredients to make a cake
compiled - the finished cake

we have the cake on PSN in the early wipeout games, but you cant get back to the raw ingredients from it cause all the eggs have been broken and stuff mixed together :)

eLhabib
17th March 2009, 04:22 PM
They did rebuild some of the old-school tracks for Pure, so i can't see why that shouldn't be possible for HD...

Hellfire_WZ
17th March 2009, 05:21 PM
Given enough time I'd hope so. The polygon count for Pure was far lower, so I'd imagine it would be far more of a task to do so for HD

Nunalho
17th March 2009, 05:36 PM
I am starting to doubt we will ever see DLC (tracks and modes) for the game...it has been soo long since it was released and we havent even get an official confirmation that is indeed coming.

I dont play WHD anymore because, besides having platinum, no one actually plays it online nowadays as there are many new games to enjoy...

WE REALLY NEED MORE CONTENT.

mdhay
17th March 2009, 05:50 PM
eLhabib, how long should it take for the E - mail to be sent?

eLhabib
17th March 2009, 07:21 PM
... I dont play WHD anymore because, besides having platinum, no one actually plays it online nowadays as there are many new games to enjoy...

say what?! everytime I am online I find real quality people to race with. That's the good thing about wipEout, you really only need 1 other person that is about your skill level, and you can have fun for hours on end.
But I usually find around 4 or 5 really fast pilots when I'm on.

@mdhay: what e-mail??? :?

mdhay
17th March 2009, 08:09 PM
I've got a feeling that new account holders get an E - mail with a promo code. I did with the Home Beta.

eLhabib
17th March 2009, 08:12 PM
As I said, I don't know if this is worldwide or just for Austria (although I find that highly unlikely...).

mdhay
17th March 2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah... in either case, I'm totally ****ed.:(

RagnaRock
24th March 2009, 10:10 PM
maybe in may they release it...after everyone got the game for free:P they will have a big user base

this way they sell more:P

Nunalho
29th March 2009, 07:16 PM
Where is the so called "support" from SL that was promised before the game came out...?

KIGO1987
29th March 2009, 08:14 PM
My guess Nunalho it will be either in Mumbai or New Dehli.

Lance
30th March 2009, 12:44 AM
Possibly even in Old Delhi. ;)

Crob
31st March 2009, 11:17 PM
sadly the codes for the first 3 wipeouts went lost so if studio liverpool would introduce some in HD they will have to re-do completely from scratch just copying them by sight i think, in other words it will ends with a " new " track but with an old name

This is not entirely true :naughty (dobyblue makes a good point :) )

RJ O'Connell
31st March 2009, 11:27 PM
I didn't necessarily like how a lot of the retro tracks in Pure played. Karbonis in particular comes to mind. Not that I wouldn't spend my life savings to play Gare D'Europa or Altima VII in HD if that's what it took, but they should be built from scratch to accommodate the much faster, floatier nature of modern Wipeout.

djKyoto
1st April 2009, 12:19 AM
This is around the point where I would like/need new content. I've done basically what most the game has to offer at this certain point in time and not playing it as often as I used too.

New Tracks / (online) Modes would be awesome.

Darkdrium777
1st April 2009, 02:06 AM
This is not entirely true :naughty (dobyblue makes a good point :) )There is always a way huh? :p Nothing is impossible, that's true. :) It might not be 100% of the original but it should be close enough if it's reverse engineered or something. Then it's simply scaling it up again. Although it may not be so simple because you only have the shape and not the actual data that generated the track in the first place, so you'll have to re-create that data... Hmm theories theories.
That's assuming you actually managed to create a program to reverse engineer stuff from the older games :P (Which is definitely possible, I've seen it done in Java for Unreal Tournament :o)

KIGO1987
1st April 2009, 02:43 PM
****. you beat me to the post Darkdrium. I was about to suggest the possibilities of reverse engineering the game from the pre-existing CD games. We'll find out sooner or later is what will happen i guess. Right now im getting absolutely ****ing bored shitless at the moment with HD, yet its still very addictive.

darkfaerytales
1st April 2009, 05:47 PM
This is not entirely true :naughty (dobyblue makes a good point :) )

you know, i'm more than happy that have been wrong about that,
yes i'm very very glad about it :lol

Right now im getting absolutely ****ing bored shitless at the moment with HD, yet its still very addictive.

this is the same for me, sometimes HD causes strong headaches to me, i think is the combination of addiction + boring...
Crob could you put a word on the current dlc progress...

yeldar2097
1st April 2009, 07:42 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can I have some dlc. My WO addiction just needs a bit of reinvigoration.
just an update would suffice for now. i love this game so much but i don't want to become bored of it (until the exact moment when the new one is released :P)

blackwiggle
1st April 2009, 11:49 PM
If and when a new wipeout appears I'm hoping that we could have a dedicated controller for the game.

A long shot of the highest magnitude I know,but no harm in dreaming

Wasn't the current thinking that DLC would be coming out in April?

Frantic checking of the PStore tonight.

RJ O'Connell
2nd April 2009, 01:48 AM
I remember the three year waits between WO3 and Fusion, then from Fusion to Pure.

This "waiting for DLC" stuff is nothing compared to that. Hence why I'm not quite as upset that it's not coming next week every week.

Golgofier
6th April 2009, 01:17 PM
Another really cool weapon to add to the arsenal would be a 1st place homing missile, like the game Rollcage had back in the day. I think that would be an excellent addition... along with the bad ass force wall :D

IH8YOU
6th April 2009, 09:47 PM
Wipeout Fusion had a similar leader-seeking missile. I think. ?

Darkdrium777
6th April 2009, 10:21 PM
The dlc should be released shortly. I don't want to put pressure on the guys but people who bought the game on other forums are waiting for it and wondering if WipEout HD is dead.
More and more on the PlayStation Underground forums I see threads about DLC, the online being empty, etc.; and the number of these negative threads keeps decreasing (There are no more positive threads about the game, ie asking for tips, discussing strategies, etc.).
I made a WipEout HD FAQ (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3dlgames&message.id=106827) that I try to keep updated before and since the release of the game, but it has become hard to sustain interest in it (barely one post after I update it with info about DLC). Personally I can probably wait more, and others on WOZ as well, but the less hardcore fans are losing hope.
WipEout HD has features designed for new people to the franchise (Pilot assist, difficulty levels, integrated manual, tips on the loading screens [Although only three is really cheap]), it's time something is done so that these new people consider staying.
The least should be an announcement posted on major gaming websites about DLC. Right now the only real traffic you're getting online is Avalon, Astral, and the team duels and ffa organized right here on the zone/arena&play3live. The gamespot/gamefaqs forums are dead, I don't know about the eu playstation forums, but I hardly imagine the situation being any different.
The community needs something to chew on. WipEout HD is one of the best value game on the PSN. The Austrian deal is hardly publicized I believe (WipEout HD for free), and we have yet to see if it is true anyways (Not putting your word in doubt eLhabib, I still believe you ;)). A game can't survive on word of mouth, especially when this word rarely comes out of the zone/arena bastion. Saying otherwise is a blatant lie. This needs advertising. WipEout HD isn't as flawed as UT3 on PC, but it can take some pointers from Epic Games. It needs some type of free weekend or something, coinciding with the next Avalon event (Kanar, this is your chance friend), maybe even brand it Avalon (the free weekend). I know it's possible to make content available temporarily on PS3, rental videos do it, do it for the game, for the community, and most definitely for yourselves SCEE Liverpool.

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 10:34 PM
i'll 2nd that. pretty much sums up anything i could ever think of.

having said that, please DON'T ever put a leader missile into this game. leftover bombs/mines and people being lapped are enough of a problem as it is...

Lion
7th April 2009, 02:59 AM
rather than anything designed to punish those that are doing well, I'd prefer to have more to help those doing poorly. eg: varying the weapon pickups based on your current position.
it's incredibly frustrating being in last place and getting mines, bomb, mines, shield, bomb, mines over the course of a lap when all you need is a turbo

Vartazian
7th April 2009, 04:03 AM
This is so true. I hate being in second on the final lap being behind by 1 seconds and getting, Bomb , Mines, Leach, Shield, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb.

Lance
7th April 2009, 04:08 AM
^^^^
Redundant quotation eliminated. Please read and follow the WZ guidelines posted in the 'Announcements' thread.

Golgofier
7th April 2009, 11:13 AM
Firstly, well put Darkdrium. I completely agree with your views. This game is sinking, slowly but steadily. Its DLC or death.

About the leadership missile, I think this would be a nice addition that would contribute to balancing online races somewhat. Being 1st in a race means huge advantages, you got first dibs on all pickups, no one's dropping mines or bombs on you and you can concentrate on your piloting better. A just think a lead missile would make things even more interesting.
That said, I also agree with Lion. Varying the weapon pickups based on your position would also be a very nice addition to balancing races.

On a side note, the reason I love Wipeout is because of it's fantastic formula of racing and destruction. Wipeout without weapons would boor me very quickly and it would just be another racing game of which there are already too many. Its the excitement and knowledge of knowing that you can easily go from 1st to dead last in 2 seconds that makes this game so appealing.

leungbok
7th April 2009, 12:15 PM
For my part i don't want a too much balanced game (devs already tried to do that with pilot-assist, long range quakes and persistent bombs). To win races, i prefer to learn the tracks and how to go faster than counting on a quake or a leadership missile. There's a part of luck in wipeout hd and it's as exciting as frustrating sometimes. But i like the games that rewards the skills, don't let turn wipeout into a mario-kart.
For the dlc, of course i look forward to race new tracks (with incredible enhanced graphics :P), but there's already so much work to try to master the remaining tracks and new tricks that it can wait a little ;)

Soccermom
7th April 2009, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to make everyone happy :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/07/wipeout-hd-update-racing-to-psn/

Quoted from the blog:
Hi everybody! I’m excited to bring to you news of an awesome update for WipEout HD. And perhaps the best news is you don’t have to wait long for it. Tomorrow, April 8, 2009, the V1.30 free update for WipEout HD will be available for download. The update will introduce a selection of new multiplayer features to the legendary anti-gravity racer. Check out the full details below.

Online Ranking
With over 50 ranks to progress through, there will be a new edge to online racing in WipEout HD. Your finishing position, speed class and the rank of your opponents will determine how many ranking points you are awarded as you strive to go from a Wipeout Trainee to a Wipeout Legend!

Podium Screen & Online Badges
* A new podium screen will now display the top three finishers after each online race or tournament.
* Regardless of whether you finish in the Top Three or not, every player has the chance of being awarded an ‘online badge’ in recognition of how they performed in the race.
* There are 33 badges in total, examples of which are displayed here.

Connect easily with your friends
Game invites have now been introduced to WipEout HD to make it easy for you to invite your friends to join your game or for them to invite you! In addition, you will also be informed of any friends with an active online game and have the ability to join that game instantly!

Watch races in progress :cake:lol:o:banzai:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+
If a race has started before you have had chance to join it, Spectator mode will allow you to watch that race. Within spectator mode, you can choose from four camera angles and select which ship to watch.
After the race has been completed, you will be taken back to the lobby with the other players so you can compete with them in the next race.

Additional Options
Lastly, to provide more variety when setting up an online race, WipEout HD has added a few additional options:
* HUD Weapon Hints on/off.
* Opponents - Choose to create a Public, Friends-only or Invite-only game.
* Barrel Rolls on/off
* Pilot Assist Allowed on/off (sorry Welly, your days of ruling are over :P)
* Number of laps (max 20)

We hope you enjoy these new features. And it you haven’t played WipEout HD in a while, now is a good time! We’ll see you online.:P

cnmth
7th April 2009, 05:16 PM
Coool update!!!

good some new online settings , and 20 laps ;)

i think that new tracks are not far away now ; )

Darkdrium777
7th April 2009, 05:16 PM
Someone wants to make me shut up :lol

Bravo :D

Soccermom
7th April 2009, 05:28 PM
Coool update!!!

good some new online settings , and 20 laps ;)

i think that new tracks are not far away now ; )

I think you are right. Notice how they stress the "free update" part, which is very odd unless you are planning for priced DLC :)

eLhabib
7th April 2009, 05:29 PM
WOW! This sounds too good to be true!!!

On the other hand, I have to say I really am sorta disappointed they got these news before we did :(

yeldar2097
7th April 2009, 05:34 PM
turn BRs off? noooooooooo
i suppose some people will like that...
**** it, i'm not complaining AT ALL :D
Thanks for restoring my faith in you studio liverpool!
:hyper

Zoth-Ommog
7th April 2009, 05:35 PM
Very coool news! i hope we get some bug fixes also, or at least won't get any new ones.

Edit: I was just wondering, how online race records will be displayed if you can change the length of a race by choosing number of the laps...? own record table for every length?

Soccermom
7th April 2009, 05:35 PM
haha, that is exactly what I thought as well :)

However, they do OWN the game and viewed in that light, it is hard to not understand the announcement coming first on their own blog.
If I were head of marketing in Sony and saw this announcement on WOzone first, I would be get crazy angry :)

SaturnReturn
7th April 2009, 05:40 PM
Wow. That is pretty darn cool. 20 lap races could be good. The no PA option is something I've wanted forever. The no BR option could also be intersting, just to see whether it actually plays a huge role in the dominance of some players or if they're just as far without them.

Looking forward to trying these out.

BornToBeMild
7th April 2009, 05:41 PM
Online ranking!!!

Thank you VERY much,Studio Liverpool!

kanar
7th April 2009, 06:24 PM
OMG OMG OMG thx SL. I'm selling SF4, GTA4, KZ, & LBP (like new, almost never played) by the way, if anyone interested.

Golgofier
7th April 2009, 06:26 PM
Yeeeeay!!! :cake for everyone at SL!

Cyberio
7th April 2009, 06:29 PM
I am happy with this, but i think it deserves some new tracks anyway, that could be awesome.
Very nice, i will race some more :)

stinkleroy
7th April 2009, 06:32 PM
Woo hoo pilot assist be gone! 20 lap races WTF! Carnage :D

stin
7th April 2009, 06:39 PM
WOW!, no BR, that`s even better, well it`s an off switch!.

stevie:)

Mu5
7th April 2009, 06:40 PM
20 laps? :D My hands are going to be screaming :D

Fantastic list of features I cannot wait :D

KIGO1987
7th April 2009, 06:40 PM

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/07/wipeout-hd-update-racing-to-psn/

Quoted from the blog:
Hi everybody! I’m excited to bring to you news of an awesome update for WipEout HD. And perhaps the best news is you don’t have to wait long for it. Tomorrow, April 8, 2009, the V1.30 free update for WipEout HD will be available for download. The update will introduce a selection of new multiplayer features to the legendary anti-gravity racer. Check out the full details below.

Online Ranking
With over 50 ranks to progress through, there will be a new edge to online racing in WipEout HD. Your finishing position, speed class and the rank of your opponents will determine how many ranking points you are awarded as you strive to go from a Wipeout Trainee to a Wipeout Legend!

Podium Screen & Online Badges
* A new podium screen will now display the top three finishers after each online race or tournament.
* Regardless of whether you finish in the Top Three or not, every player has the chance of being awarded an ‘online badge’ in recognition of how they performed in the race.
* There are 33 badges in total, examples of which are displayed here.

Connect easily with your friends
Game invites have now been introduced to WipEout HD to make it easy for you to invite your friends to join your game or for them to invite you! In addition, you will also be informed of any friends with an active online game and have the ability to join that game instantly!

Watch races in progress :cake:lol:o:banzai:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+
If a race has started before you have had chance to join it, Spectator mode will allow you to watch that race. Within spectator mode, you can choose from four camera angles and select which ship to watch.
After the race has been completed, you will be taken back to the lobby with the other players so you can compete with them in the next race.

Additional Options
Lastly, to provide more variety when setting up an online race, WipEout HD has added a few additional options:
* HUD Weapon Hints on/off.
* Opponents - Choose to create a Public, Friends-only or Invite-only game.
* Barrel Rolls on/off
* Pilot Assist Allowed on/off (sorry Welly, your days of ruling are over :P)
* Number of laps (max 20)

We hope you enjoy these new features. And it you haven’t played WipEout HD in a while, now is a good time! We’ll see you online.:P

Maybe this crapped out my first account. Looks pretty sweet though.

mic-dk
7th April 2009, 06:41 PM
Online ranking... yet another way for WOHD to show me that I suck... Great...

Seriously, this sounds great. Spectator mode, with an option to join the next race. Brilliant.

chaos80
7th April 2009, 06:41 PM
Haha, yeah, what's 20 laps races gonna be good for?? :D

Lance
7th April 2009, 06:42 PM
@ KIGO: ? WhAt may have "crapped out" your first account?

guillaume
7th April 2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks SL, and Bravo! :D

KIGO1987
7th April 2009, 06:57 PM
10 minutes later.....

Fuking game froze through mid online play then. Nasty ****. Nothing like ive experienced before.

zeeZ
7th April 2009, 07:08 PM
I came.

Looks like this year I won't steal kids eggs on dead christ zombie jesus day, and get to play wipeout for full 7 days. Goodbye, thumbs!

Lance
7th April 2009, 07:20 PM
LOL

:g

Nunalho
7th April 2009, 07:23 PM
Good update...

Still, where are the new tracks to race on?

Connavar
7th April 2009, 07:40 PM
Great! I'm glad Sony Liverpool listened to us and added several wished features.
(I hope it also fixes some bugs and annoyances).

The best feature is definitely the 20 laps :)
Now only if we could choose the allowed weapons (and keep pads active)...

How will you handle an Avalon 20 laps with BR enabled?
BR 6 times then do the remaining laps on critical energy, or try not to BR?

Ready for a little tourney, 12 races x 20 laps?

guillaume
7th April 2009, 07:43 PM
I really want to test this spectator mode. Being able to watch the racing lines of some top pilots is very appealing!

SaturnReturn
7th April 2009, 07:49 PM

Hold up! You tell me about this today and I can't get it until tomorrow? Why do you hate me Soccermums. WHY?!:(

Golgofier
7th April 2009, 07:51 PM
Mmm, I believe spectator mode is the best addition here. The badges and podium features dont really contribute to the experience that much but being able to spectate is something Ive wanted since day one.
Hope this update can bring some more ppl to WO online, these days its depressingly void of racers far to often.

zeeZ
7th April 2009, 07:56 PM
Hmm 20 laps, did I do my math wrong or is it somewhere in the range of 6 to 10 minutes?
Get a 24h timer instead, a 24 hour rance on Sebenco Climb! Or Sol 2

Feisar31
7th April 2009, 08:00 PM
Wow. :eek

A lot of great options there. I'm sure the BR one will be controversial though. ;)

I wonder if the minimum number of laps is still locked at the normal number for that speed (like 5 for phantom)? Presumably they wouldn't need to mess with the records then.

And I guess the online listing will show all the current games now, or at least all the games with open slots? I can't wait to see how it all works.

I'll have to update the Doubles rules tomorrow. :g

Amorbis
7th April 2009, 08:03 PM
This is an excellent update! I couldn't have asked for more, apart from more tracks ;). This gives me an excuse for playing it non stop again just so I can get every single different badge. The extra laps will give an extra edge to the game. Avalon with 20 laps? Yeeeeah! :blarg

It's nice to see the smaller additions with the no barrel roll and no pilot assist. No PA will reveal who is actually playing properly online :lol.

Tomorrow simply can't come soon enough! I'll have to put traversing the Capital wasteland on hold.

darkfaerytales
7th April 2009, 08:14 PM
umm good, very good, i'm very curious about the spectator mode and the 20 lap thing is brilliant, i hope the option is extent to the off-line too

good, good for a start up i mean ;) ( and hope...)

LOUDandPROUD
7th April 2009, 08:45 PM
Woah. *trying to maintain my composure* I'm...so... *trying harder still to maintain my composure* umm... *can no longer maintain my composure* EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! :hyper :clap :guitar :rock :hyper

OBH
7th April 2009, 08:55 PM
must... get... another... ps3 :pirate

thats sounds awesome.

KIGO1987
7th April 2009, 09:04 PM
You've just missed out on update 2.70 Haydn. Includes a chatbox system, similar to messenger. great between races.

stinkleroy
7th April 2009, 09:08 PM
Poor Haydn...you wait months and get nothing and now this

Lion
7th April 2009, 09:50 PM
turning off the notification of what weapon you are carrying could be fun :)
I'm pretty excited about some of those other options though.. but 20 laps with no weapons info sounds like a blast to me

chboing
7th April 2009, 09:57 PM
cool !

ProblemSolver
7th April 2009, 10:09 PM
Nice update thus far. But!
I really, really hope for SL that they have fixed the ZONE leaderboard as
well as the glitch for ANULPHA PASS (AP)!

I've cranked up myself on AP ZONE again, did a 117 yesterday. Hence,
the stage is set for breaking the barrier of 120 zones. Btw; I hope they've
added some new color schemes, too.

KGB
7th April 2009, 10:12 PM
Bang goes another six months of my life. Is this really real?

What time is it going to be available? should i stay up? It looks great :)

Mu5
7th April 2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah does anyone know what time it may be updated? Will it be 12 pm ? :D

Im going to be up all night :D

blackwiggle
7th April 2009, 10:29 PM
After reading all the comments on the new update there is just one thing that I worrying about and hope it doesn't happen during a race,and that's spectators allowed commenting during it.
It got plenty glitchy already with the added chat room during last weekend AVALON meet,if the spectators are able to join in.....

Well I can see things getting worse.

Apart from that all good,hopefully DLC next PSTORE update.:lol

Seraphim1982
7th April 2009, 11:03 PM
It's midnight, is it here?

djKyoto
7th April 2009, 11:23 PM
Wow. Awesome. Didn't expect this. And just after I had brought Ferrari Challenge & Mega Drive Ultimate collection yesterday day cause I was bored.

The medal / ranking seems great. It's something people can work for now. Hopefully these updates will get people back into the game. I know i'll be playing for a while. I want al l the badges :D

20 laps online race, awesome! Spectator mode sounds sweet also. First hand view of how the likes of Wotan & Wellington roll.

Online rankings should be useful also, but we already have Connanars brilliant site. But it will be convient to check online.

New tracks / Online modes would have been nice, but I'm not complaining. This is pretty sweet if you ask me. Good work SL.

Mu5
8th April 2009, 12:15 AM
Just been on - no, its not here yet :)

Vartazian
8th April 2009, 01:12 AM
Hell yeah som DLC! Barrell rolls getting turned off? Damn that and no Weapons will make it so you cant screw up AT ALL.

Those should be fun races.

aerobie
8th April 2009, 02:42 AM
Online ranking and badges sound like great additional incentives to play online more often.

However, with ranking mode, I hope that you can only either gain points or stay where you're at. If it's possible to lose ranking points then I fear we might start seeing DCers in WOHD on the scale of SFIV. :frown: WipEout doesn't need that.

zeeZ
8th April 2009, 05:03 AM
New tracks / Online modes would have been nice, but I'm not complaining. This is pretty sweet if you ask me. Good work SL.

Looks like we might actually see those some day too (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/07/wipeout-hd-update-racing-to-psn/comment-page-2/#comment-201872) ;)

This is a great update! Keep me going back for more with the ranking system and in-game invites!
Are you guys planning on bringing any DLC content like tracks and new ships?

While this update does not include new tracks, you should look out for a future update regarding the Wipeout Franchise!

leungbok
8th April 2009, 06:31 AM
Br on/of ? Hmmm, how will i spend time on the last jump of chengou, lol ? And sebenco will become very boring without the critical shield alarm :( !
;)

RJ O'Connell
8th April 2009, 06:55 AM
Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow. And all this week.

This update caught me off guard but I love all the new social interaction stuff, spectator mode, and 20 lap endurance races from hell ;)

I can't wait for that announcement on the future of Wipeout either...new game? Or an enormous Burnout Paradise style mega-update?

Zoth-Ommog
8th April 2009, 07:11 AM
12 race venom tournament with 20 laps, and weapons off. That would take whole day.

KGB
8th April 2009, 07:57 AM
It's just like christmas. Has he been? has he been? :lol

Soccermom
8th April 2009, 08:11 AM
Don't expect it to go up before late afternoon.
And don't be mad if the WO-network is down for most of the day - it is a rather big patch.
Hopefully the streaming will be up for the "AG-Rapides vs Asayyeldar " ladder match, so we can all follow their battle on WO-TV ... YAY

Darkdrium777
8th April 2009, 08:38 AM
lol coincidence. (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/07/wipeout-hd-update-racing-to-psn/comment-page-1/#comment-201809)

TaroBarkhan
8th April 2009, 09:11 AM
Great, great, great, fantastic ... and did I mention that this is great?
:hyper:hyper:hyper

Can't wait to get this update. I wanted to workout and loose some weight today, but now ... forget loosing weight ... what's it worth to look good anyways. ;)

HISHO[JP]
8th April 2009, 09:26 AM
Older updates came to Japan later than other country, always.

So this update will be also...:frown:

silverfoxy
8th April 2009, 09:26 AM
Any ideas when will the update will be ??

Is it like the PS Store and will go on about 2pm (BST) or will it be later??

rdmx
8th April 2009, 09:48 AM
5pm GMT iirc.
That means tomorrow for us aussie folks.

silverfoxy
8th April 2009, 09:50 AM
So will that be 4pm or 6pm as we're on British summer time (its pretty far from fecking summer I can assure you but they like to change the clocks)

I don't want to wait that long !!!

Darkdrium777
8th April 2009, 10:01 AM
So noon here noice. :)

GMT-XX ftw xD

PEPEDA
8th April 2009, 10:43 AM
caaaaaaan`t wait to go homeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to downlooooooooooooooad !!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

SuperNova
8th April 2009, 10:49 AM
Must...have....UPDATE :hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

Good job on the new patch SL:clap

Asayyeah
8th April 2009, 11:05 AM
That is truly an impressive news & update !
BR on/off option , 20 laps, spectator mode with 4 cameras and all the rest i read too briefly but i am sooo excited by this.

Big congrats to SL for paying attention to their die hard fans from here and for the rest of the Wipeout community all over the world. :clap

Hopefully the streaming will be up for the "AG-Rapides vs Asayyeldar " :hyperladder match, so we can all follow their battle on WO-TV ... YAY
Ouch! didn't realized this at 1st but yeah pressure knowing that friends are watching you racing would be terrific LOL
Seriously speaking can't wait for tonight to discover all of those new features.

KGB
8th April 2009, 11:20 AM
I wonder if you will know who is watching you! Lots of pressure if lots of Friends are watching all your mistakes.

It will be interesting to see how spectator mode works. It is worded so it sounds like you will then join the game after the race you are watching has ended, which is not good, why can you not just spectate for as long as you want. All will become apparent I'm sure.

EDIT: Actually it isn't worded that way at all, forget the last bit. :)

Seraphim1982
8th April 2009, 12:16 PM
It's now gone 12 GMT, still no show :frown:

aerobie
8th April 2009, 12:48 PM
Another snippet from the Playstation.us blog:

Are you guys planning on bringing any DLC content like tracks and new ships?

Daimion Pinnock replied on April 7, 2009 at 3:01 pm
While this update does not include new tracks, you should look out for a future update regarding the Wipeout Franchise!

Awesome!

FrenkyV
8th April 2009, 01:15 PM
Great news.

I spend most of my time playing offline, online was nice, but was getting old very fast.

But with this update, im going to be online a lot now, so see u guys there! :D

d4onps
8th April 2009, 01:52 PM
This looks exciting. No signs of it yet though. Will it be available for download from the store or will it be an update when the game is started normally?

rdmx
8th April 2009, 02:07 PM
Spectator mode will still only be able to hold 8 people in a room from what it looks like. The best thing you can do is have someone in the room connected to ustream in order to stream it live.

Sideshow
8th April 2009, 03:02 PM
It'll be an update that triggers when you run the game.

crawdad62
8th April 2009, 03:09 PM
We normally get the PSN Store updates around 4pm EST. I don't know how Sony rolls them out but I would assume that the AUS guys should be getting them by now? Anyone?

Sideshow
8th April 2009, 03:49 PM
We normally get store updates on a thursday, but that doesn't matter since it isn't a store thing, it's a software update.

Seraphim1982
8th April 2009, 03:52 PM
So how many of us have switched the game off then back on again between races just to see if the update is there? lol

komatos
8th April 2009, 04:12 PM
The Barrel Roll On/Off option sounds like a nice compromise for those who like/don't like BR's (or like me that suck at high speed Rapier/Phantom online races and are half a lap behind the multi-BR racers :D). The 20 lap race limit (if weapons are on) sounds like a good way to have a mini Eliminator style mode going. I can see setting a few 7, 10, 15, 20 lap races at Flash or Rapier and having an easier time slowly getting the 50 Online Kills trophy. :o

Finally got the Double Kill Trophy last time I played 2 nights ago after 30+ hours of single player. Also got the 8 race Skilled/Elite Tournament trophy too woohoo! Still can't get that last tournament medal in Meltdown so I can try for Bling Brigade. :(

chboing
8th April 2009, 04:33 PM
So how many of us have switched the game off then back on again between races just to see if the update is there? lol

have to admit ... did it maybe 6 times today :)
but i got tons of very good excuses !

ps :Currently Active Users: 49 (27 members and 22 guests)
lot's of people are waiting this update ! who will be the first to reach rank 50 !!! ;)

Seraphim1982
8th April 2009, 04:37 PM
Just read on eurogamer that the update is due for release at 5pm GMT (thats 6pm BST).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wipeout-hd-patch-at-5pm-today

TorquedSoul
8th April 2009, 04:40 PM
has anyone actually downloaded the update yet ... I dont see it. Of course I could have my timeconversion mixed up ...

edit: oops ... I am early.

chboing
8th April 2009, 04:44 PM
5pm GMT = 15 minutes left :)

ps: i just had a message to explain 1.30 when connecting to online ... butnothing happened then ... :)

Darkdrium777
8th April 2009, 04:45 PM
Waiting... :P

chboing
8th April 2009, 04:52 PM
+
during a speed lap session, you can push select to invalidate current lap and get a turbo boost !!!
+
looks like we'll be able to see the opponent weapon next to his name during races ...

very nice :) i'm sure all SL player will LOVE this :D

Eloï
8th April 2009, 04:52 PM
You know that game in which...

The last to post before the update is the king!
I am the king!

JJohnEames
8th April 2009, 04:53 PM
Always waiting.....

zeeZ
8th April 2009, 04:55 PM
+
during a speed lap session, you can push select to invalidate current lap and get a turbo boost !!!

very nice :) i'm sure all SL player will LOVE this :D

omg, I might actually try to beat Zico again with this

Darkdrium777
8th April 2009, 05:05 PM
The changelog has popped up under "Announcements" in the online lobby.
The game doesn't update when you launch it yet though.

TorquedSoul
8th April 2009, 05:07 PM
You know that game in which...

The last to post before the update is the king!
I am the king!

Sorry ... that would be me ...

qirex
8th April 2009, 05:40 PM
its on now :)
15 mb small

Axel
8th April 2009, 05:42 PM
nice :)

JABBERJAW
8th April 2009, 05:48 PM
explain this hit "select" for a turbo boost?

yeldar2097
8th April 2009, 05:50 PM
:hyperweeeeeeeeee:hypereeeeee:hypereeeee:hyper
tis live :hyper:hyper:hyper

Darkdrium777
8th April 2009, 05:51 PM
sorry ... That would be me ...winrar

kanar
8th April 2009, 05:53 PM
It works but my kanar account is still broken.

JJohnEames
8th April 2009, 05:56 PM
Spectate is savage,im watching a race now,fantastic.:P

Axel
8th April 2009, 05:58 PM
I'm getting freezes :(

kanar
8th April 2009, 05:59 PM
keep it up it works after several tries. Had freezes too

Sideshow
I lock up on the autosave information page on startup, so does my friend :(

mic-dk
Yeah, me too. I can't even start WOHD now :(

I just freezes when the messages about not turning off your PS3 when it's saving is displayed. Cock.

Rapier Racer
8th April 2009, 06:11 PM
I had this problem too with the freezing autosave screen, a fix for this appears to be to sign out of the PSN before you start HD then sign in when you click the online tab in the game.

Axel
8th April 2009, 06:12 PM
Yup the game keeps on freezing when there is too much going on at once. Ack this is not good as it completely puts me off my racing line. Good to see many people back though!! And no BR = WIN!!!!!!!!

FrenkyV
8th April 2009, 06:13 PM
The game freezes here to.
At the startup screen :frown:

andybob35
8th April 2009, 06:19 PM
seen it, downloaded it and now waiting forever (lol just like duke nukem) for it to get online.... im in no rush for the badges and ranks... all in good time :o

Sch@dows
8th April 2009, 06:21 PM
I had this problem too with the freezing autosave screen, a fix for this appears to be to sign out of the PSN before you start HD then sign in when you click the online tab in the game.

I had the same problem and your by-pass is working fine !!!
Thx

FrenkyV
8th April 2009, 06:44 PM
Works for me too.

But please don't tell me i have to do that everytime when i wanna play wipeout :|

By the way lots of lag now.

I started a race and right there at the start i was 17 seconds behind :frown: .

SL done a great job with this update, now there need te be a whole lot of patching to make it even worth playing

crawdad62
8th April 2009, 06:47 PM
I played a quick race just to check it out. It was brutal. Slowed to a crawl. I wasn't even sure where I was on the track or what place I was in. I'm sure the servers are getting pounded. Hopefully once everyone has the update and things settle down it'll get better. Right now I'm going to wait.

d4onps
8th April 2009, 06:53 PM
playing it, everything works great so far. there's been a couple of slight freezes in the gameplay. working on rank 6 now. (out of 50 right?) anyone know, is there anywhere we can see what all the badges are?

SaturnReturn
8th April 2009, 07:01 PM
I haven't read others' responses because there are so many. But I'm pissed off with this update right now. No PA option is good. I hate getting lagged up with pilot ass-sisters. But wtf? now I get lagged up by everyone even more. The whle online game feels slow and unresponsive. Barrel rolls don't work at all half the time, and yes the option is turned on. To be honest, the whole thing both looks and feels messy to me. So far it looks like quantity over quality, and I ain't happy. I'll give it a chance as I expect traffic is very high right now. But damn, if it stays like this I'm gonna be pissed, long-term stylee.

Nunalho
8th April 2009, 07:34 PM
They screwed up. My game doens not work fine. And from the comments i ve been reading here the online is bad now.

pildog
8th April 2009, 07:37 PM
Similar problems to other people but the sign off PSN/sing on fixes this.

But I got a shock in the first game I played... it reset my control scheme back to the default and it won't allow me to change it back to my preference.

I'd love it if games in progress were highlighted in a different colour, so I can tell at a glance which games are in progress or waiting to start.

Bit of a buggy start, but once they're working it should give the game some legs, at least until new content.

d4onps
8th April 2009, 07:52 PM
i've been trying everything out, is all working well except i've had like 5 split-second freezes so far. it may be based on what servers you are connected to. all i know is i'm making the spectator mode my screensaver. what does everybody think of the display showing the weapons being held? at first i didn't like it, but after playing with it a while, it certainly makes for more strategy.

RJ O'Connell
8th April 2009, 07:56 PM
Playing 1.3 right now online.

Aside from the front-end glitch I'm really not having any problems with the game.

Having a blast right now being beaten to a pulp by Charlie and Matthijs :g

Connavar
8th April 2009, 08:14 PM
Wow those 20 lap races are really tiring!
Usually Wotan would lap me out.

Darkdrium777
8th April 2009, 08:23 PM
Coming home, expect to see me online testing things out. I didn't have troubles spectating Saturn at around 1.40PM GMT-5 (EST), but if there are any bugs I'll be sure to make them in my list of around 15 bugs right now in the bugs topic. :naughty Be vigilant!

SaturnReturn
8th April 2009, 08:23 PM
It's still a pile of **** from where I'm sitting. Completely uncontrollable! However, my settings didn't reset themselves like some people's did so maybe something has gone wrong. Also, if I get hit with any weapon then I'm left stranded for about 5 seconds. My ship just doesn't go anywhere. This happened sometimes before if I got pwned at close range. But now anything except cannon just leaves me screwed. I want the old game that I know and love back. This has completely ruined my evening.

Mu5
8th April 2009, 08:54 PM
I can see where you are coming from Saturn.

I could hardly play with the freezing earlier but I managed to win a couple of races. Im hoping when I jump on in a bit it will be back to normal.

One game earlier on Ubermall I was out in front and the weapons pads were not active for me!! Needless to say without shield I was quaked/missiled quite soon after. Has there been any changes to this gameplay element... or was it just a lagfest? The funny thing was the pad was not even lit up. I know sometimes due to lag it doesnt register - but at least then the pad was still lit up!

Had a look at spectator and the ship I was viewing was flying 'high in the sky' in Sol 2 - not on the track :D

Please - can someone confirm its now playable? :D

JJohnEames
8th April 2009, 08:56 PM
Im not loving it as much as i thought i would either, my ps3 keeps crashing and im expieriancing lag or the first time ever.Im hoping its cause so many are online,otherwise a patch is needed asap.:frown:

Hellfire_WZ
8th April 2009, 08:59 PM
One great big lag-fest

KGB
8th April 2009, 09:04 PM
Not actually played a game yet, so I'll hold judgment on that one. But from what i have seen its all a bit confusing.

The lobby was busy with people trying it out, all with their own thing going on. There is a lot to take in regarding info on the bottom of the page. Can we join any game as a spectator or just ones that are enabled? The one i was watching with Wotan, Greenix and pirhapac was ****, there was no way they were flying like that, all over the place and slow as hell. I won't be using that feature if that is what it is like. Also I was getting a lot of network errors trying to join games.

I wish they would test these things out a bit more rigorously before unleashing them on to the general public as we will invariably end up disappointed.

I'm sure they will get these things sorted, it would be nice not to have the problems to begin with though.

Nice to get it so quickly, I'm sure it will add to all our enjoyment eventually. ;)

Anyone got any of these badges yet?

Mu5
8th April 2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I got...

Fastest Lap
Hightest Top speed
Most Aggressive
Photo Finish (beat 2nd place by 0.25 sec)

I see also there is 'most air time' ...

Also there is a badge........for not getting any badges :D

Amorbis
8th April 2009, 09:11 PM
I'm getting quite a bit of lag from time to time. When I get hit by a missile it slows down a bit and from any other weapons. Random pauses are a nuisance and can really mess things up.

The medals are fine, nothing wrong with them. The ranking works well too. Maybe another patch is needed to sort out the problems this one created.

chboing
8th April 2009, 09:20 PM
sure you get a bagde each race ... for example : fastest lap, or rocket user ... anything

SaturnReturn
8th April 2009, 09:24 PM
I'm sure they will get these things sorted,...

How sure? I ask because I don't think they've sorted many (any?) of the problems people have had before with accounts messing up and general lag issues. They've tried with the frozen out accounts but failed.
I'm afraid I lack a little faith but am hoping that it will at least be a bit better when traffic is lower. I hope people stop using the spectate function too because it just looks crap anyway and messes up the game for those that are in it. If that's the way people seem to be racing based on the data that's transferred then no wonder there seems to be so much ramming online.

Anyway, right now I'm still annoyed. This update looked so promising, but then it boned me in the face. It sucks!

Soccermom
8th April 2009, 09:27 PM

Thanks a lot ... this post really saved my day!!!

Motorsagmannen
8th April 2009, 09:28 PM
to my horror after the v1.30 update my game wont start at all anymore. just suddenly stops loading and the hdd indicator gos black as coal, i hope this is only temporary cause ive been trying three times now with 30 min intervalls and it happends every time x(.

Edit: and i might add that when this happends the ps3 freezes totally to so i have to switch it off by holding the master off switch on the console

KGB
8th April 2009, 09:30 PM
Saturn: Hehe now you mention it, not that sure :lol.

I was just trying to be nice to SL and Sony

SaturnReturn
8th April 2009, 09:31 PM
@Motorsagmannen: Wow, I was wrong. It boned you in the face. Ah well, you're not missing much right now. I hope you get it fixed though. Might have to try reinstalling.

chboing
8th April 2009, 09:32 PM
How sure? I ask because I don't think they've sorted many (any?) of the problems people have had before with accounts messing up and general lag issues. They've tried with the frozen out accounts but failed.
I'm afraid I lack a little faith but am hoping that it will at least be a bit better when traffic is lower. I hope people stop using the spectate function too because it just looks crap anyway and messes up the game for those that are in it. If that's the way people seem to be racing based on the data that's transferred then no wonder there seems to be so much ramming online.

Anyway, right now I'm still annoyed. This update looked so promising, but then it boned me in the face. It sucks!

come on chill man, get some sleep and come back tomorrow you'll see this update is ok, there is only a little issue when people come to spectate, but it'll be fixed prolly soon, dont worry
trust SL man !

d4onps
8th April 2009, 09:44 PM
i don't understand the rankings. are they just the ones under records for each track? or is there a world ranking ladder? or is that what the "rank" is? but it seems like that's just tied to how many games you play. can you actually lose a "rank"?

Connavar
8th April 2009, 09:44 PM
Some notes:
- looks like the BOMB problem has been solved, GREAT news
- lots of freezings, maybe because of spectators => BAD
- sometimes BRs are impossible to execute, including easy ones that were
a 100% earlier... :( maybe because of slowdown, interrupting the controls?
- a lot more people playing the game, or at least visible

Mu5
8th April 2009, 09:49 PM
I would add to that list the weapons pad problem - its weird seeing it on the track and not delivering weapons / not being lit up red!

KGB
8th April 2009, 09:51 PM
what we all want is more people playing HD, so it is viable for 'the man' to release more content, not less so we can have a smooth game. Are all lag issues down to spectator mode? I would of just preferred one view as a spectator and that would be whatever the pilot is seeing.

I don't want to criticize too much as this update is good news regarding DLC. But as a fully paid up member of the playstation fan club, and having spent probably thousands of pounds on games, accessories and the like. I'm getting the feeling Sony are taking the piss with their online sevices.

leungbok
8th April 2009, 09:55 PM
Well, i agree with connavar and kgb, is this that difficult to have a decent online service ?
:|
Let's wait and see !

BornToBeMild
8th April 2009, 10:00 PM
Either i'm imagining things....or Zone Mode looks and feels much smoother.
Nice and blurry too.
Love it!