PDA

View Full Version : Why only Kappa?

viper
30th August 2002, 10:28 AM
The other thing I was wondering is why Kappa seem to be the only advertising company in this game. There is a distinct lack of adverts, even for the teams, and the only brand name in there is Kappa, and it has to be said Kappa are shite. I can't remembber when Fusion is set, but its quite far into the future, so does this mean that Kappa are the only company still rading after all these years? Surely there would be more adverts. I think if they couldn't have got real companies to do advertising then they should have just made soem up to make it look more realistic, just a thought.

Synthetic Consciousness
30th August 2002, 11:34 AM
Well, W'O" XL had the ads for Red Bull, and the logos of the various electronica artists featured in the soundtrack. Personally, I'm not one for real-life adverts in games; makes it too mundane. The team logos were everywhere in Wip3out. As for making some ads up, that could have been interesting. Maybe they could tie them in with the teams, too. My two cents (for various games in the series if they had done this):

[Feisar Cola] Feisar is Fizzy
[A-G Soy Products (tofu+vegetable burgers)] Let's Be Fake
[Xios Beer] Your Brain Needs Some Down Time
[Piranha Home Security Systems] Beware of Fish [alternate motto:] Turning Burglars Into Fish Food Since 2097
[CoLD SToRAGE CRYoGENICS] Keeping You In Cold Comfort Since 2052 [alternate motto:] Still Keeping Ted Williams On Ice Since 2052

Okay...that last one tells me that it's time for bed. :)

[Another, simpler motto for CoLD SToRAGE CRYoGENICS:] Life Xtnd

AmishRobot
30th August 2002, 02:17 PM
What happened to Cold Storage? Is he working for any particular company now?

infoxicated
30th August 2002, 02:35 PM
Not sure - I think Tim Wright does freelance stuff now... he has a website at http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/ where you can download a few of his tracks... albeit from a painfully slow server.

viper
30th August 2002, 05:57 PM
Like the advert ideas. I can imagine the kind of adverts featured in the Robocop films and Starship Troopers fitting in well. The gruesome yet funny kind, not video footage of course, but some kind of moving images.

Synthetic Consciousness
30th August 2002, 09:27 PM
Would You Like To Know More? He's currently the Creative Director at Jester Interactive. He's worked on Music, Music 2000, Pocket Music, and MTV Music Generator 1&2.

Wamdue
30th August 2002, 09:30 PM
yeah, I agree in that theres too much of the kappa logos, in the first playable demo the speed-pads were kappa logos too.. Im very glad they took that out

rhys
30th August 2002, 09:50 PM
ergh, kappa speed pads just wouldnt be right!! it is and always will be blue speed pads!!

Spaceboy Gajo
6th September 2002, 07:36 AM
I would love fictional adverts.

I think the slogans were the best. Like Trust us, we're scientists come to mind.

What I really loved about GTA3 was the music. It seemed like you were actually listening to the radio.

Australia and USA in a war.

LOL

spaceboy gajo

Hybrid Divide
12th September 2002, 02:19 AM
"Stuff Blows Up in WipEout: The Movie"

Advert in WipEout 1

Spaceboy Gajo
12th September 2002, 05:24 AM
No way!

That's so funny!

Where is it?

I am so exicted to find something new, especially in any of the games.

So much detail, I love it!

spaceboy gajo

Myke_AG_Sys™
12th September 2002, 05:27 PM
Son, haven't you read a history book lately? The Australian/American War was the biggest war since the big one!!!

lmao!

Myke.