View Full Version : RECORDS question

JABBERJAW
19th October 2008, 07:07 PM
1 Yee Seng Chiew Australia Piranha 1:55:54
2 Matthijs Boon Netherlands Icaras 1:58:88
3 fineuse matteo France Icaras 1:58:89
4 Steven Hunter United Kingdom Icaras 1:58:95
5 Jonathan Vermeiren France Icaras 1:59:63

I am not sure if this person posts on the forum, but would like to know where the discrepency is, whether it be a better route (not many routes here), or 333, or tape for pitch down the entire race. It just seems highly unlikely to me that someone is ahead of mad ice by that much, on a track that practiced time and time again. If wrong though, I would like to know the route, and style of race performed to achieve this time. I came about this comparing HD records to pulse records (which were the same actually), besides this time.

leungbok
19th October 2008, 08:58 PM
The guy is a well known member, here. He's also one of the most talented pilots, not a cheater. He had a lot of records on the zone ranking table, he deleted a lot it seems (don't know why he deleted it, possible cfw or speed mod) maybe he just forgot one.

JABBERJAW
19th October 2008, 09:02 PM
who is he? on the forum

leungbok
19th October 2008, 09:25 PM
Kandang

KANDANG
19th October 2008, 11:06 PM
hellios, didn't delete any, jst no time to update them manually on the zone
:sonar

JABBERJAW
20th October 2008, 12:22 AM
did you use cfw, or the tape thing for those times? just curious. I deleted all my "tape times", which also happened to be all of my times for pulse that I had entered. What is your name for HD online?

KANDANG
20th October 2008, 03:23 AM
cfw/tape thing ? err no i jst press "up" with my thumb whenever possible
i haven't read how much upperhand the tape thing achieves compared to pressing up so no comment on that ;)

hd nick is KANDANG, i've got no ps3 so only get to play when i go over to a friends place. Altogether about 14 hours of gameplay :) :pc

JABBERJAW
20th October 2008, 04:11 AM
more than me, and I own it. the tape just held the analog stick up, and the dpad could overide it when you wanted.

leungbok
20th October 2008, 07:28 AM
Hey Kandang,
Cool that you answer yourself. I was almost sure to have seen your name several times on the zone ranking board for pulse. Well, maybe i was mistaking. I also saw your name on the high scores on hd, YOU NEED a ps3, mate (don't let Kigo be the fastest austalian on hd);)

JABBERJAW
20th October 2008, 06:05 PM
"The guy is a well known member, here. He's also one of the most talented pilots, not a cheater"

Didn't say he was cheating, wondering how this time is achieved compared to mad ice on a flat easy track(how he got over 3 seconds ahead?)

leungbok
20th October 2008, 06:50 PM
Didn't say you supposed he was cheating ;)
Just wanted to explain that he had the skills to find a way of being fast (maybe unknown br's spots other boost and trajectory strategies). Maybe Mad-Ice could find a way of approaching kandang's record. Just like the record ahh-quadzzilla made on chengou reverse on hd, because he found a shortcut after the first mag. Look at this http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5398
And this is the current wo-game rankings for moa therma white tt phantom :
1 Mad-Ice 1:54.80
2 KANDANG 1:55.54
3 DjManiac21 1:56.32
4 Del_Stepho 1:56.51
5 Flashback_Jack 1:57.27
6 Asayyeah 1:57.34
7 AlbinoAce 1:57.47
8 Livitarium 1:57.94
9 packetmon 1:58.05

JABBERJAW
21st October 2008, 12:15 AM
some of those are using tape for the times, this is from the pulse boards, correct? That board accepts all times, Wozone accepts non modded times

leungbok
21st October 2008, 08:38 AM
Yes, but the mod is not a matter of seconds but of tenths. The rankings seems logical to me. And pitching down manually gives you the same advantage than modding (you do like that, if i remember well, no ;))

kanar
21st October 2008, 10:16 AM
hi guys,

I read with attention this thread. I've just 2 or 3 things to say about pulse records: kandang please could you spend the whole nov 14/15/16 week-end at a friend's place (ps3, avalon we lol). Concerning pulse, you just answered to the question asked in jay thread; you're an alien. One of the most skilled pulse pilot on earth. I "worked" a lot on certain white tracks, so if I may here's 2 exemples; my beloved tech de ra lol & amphisseum. As I know "perfectly" these two tracks, I just can say "respect", because even with jaytech, I was still 0.06 & 0.21 behind your times. My friend huntergreg never used the mod, & was able to blast o7 white -20.94, with a piranha!-. Again, practice is everything.

JABBERJAW
21st October 2008, 11:09 AM
The mod regarding the track was a matter of 2-4 seconds, not tenths. Have you used the mod to see how much faster it was? it was considerably faster, the times are much slower on wipeoutzone without it. Mad Ice played this track and others a considerable amount, so maybe he can give us a lowdown on the speed difference.

leungbok
21st October 2008, 11:22 AM
I have not so bad results myself, in speed laps phantom (even if i know flashback-jack already beats my records on platinum & moa black) on the wo-game rankings. I know the efficienty of the mod. Maybe in a full race (TT 5 laps) it can changes by more of a second, but only if the looser NEVER uses pitch down. Kanar spoke about Huntergreg, he trained to pitch down constantly with his thumb, and his speed equals a mod's speed. I forgot to say i used the mod, that's the reason none of my speed laps records are on wozone boards.

Mad-Ice
22nd October 2008, 08:41 AM
First of all it is good to see KANDANG back here and replying to questions. Although the only ones who replied in this thread are members who registered after the PURE era.

All I can say is this: I think it is strange that KANDANG could beat Asayyeah, DjManiac, Flashback_Jack and myself so easily in Pulse, sometimes within the hour. If you all would take a look into the Pure record tables for TT than you will see where KANDANG is compared to us. If you all will take a look at videos made by KANDANG you will see he is not pitching down all the time.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=axF1_SAvbRc

Also in this video you will see something happening in lap3 what is very strange. I am not able to do this, also not with the official promo of Pulse.

How is this possible? I am not the only one who has studied pitch down. It makes a lot of difference. I made Amph Wh 1.57.44 with 22.74 jaytech and Amph Bl 2.05.54 and 24.14 jaytech compare those times on Wipeout-game. with WOzone records.

I am very curious if for example Huntergreg is able to come close to these times with pitching down manually.

KANDANG can you explain this?

JABBERJAW
22nd October 2008, 05:58 PM
mad ice, did you hold pitch foward as much as possible (manually on the 2:00.34 time). So it looks like about 3 seconds difference. I had a similar difference in time. I do know that holding the pitch foward on the dpad and trying to turn is a nightmare, and very difficult to do. On the straighaways it's not too bad, but wipeout isn't about straightaways most of the time

leungbok
22nd October 2008, 06:06 PM
I am very curious if for example Huntergreg is able to come close to these times with pitching down manually.

Mad-Ice, i can ask huntergreg to try it on amphi black or white. I'm curious too. ;)

JABBERJAW
22nd October 2008, 07:18 PM
Also, at default speed if you could, don't know what huntergreg uses. Could you have him try another track as well (metropia white), and if you could ask him for full race times, anyone can do a fast lap. Thanks

Mad-Ice
24th October 2008, 07:25 AM
@JABBERJAW; yes I pitched down manually as much as I could on The Amphiseum White record (2.00.34)

@Leunbok; I really hope that Huntergreg wants to work on those tracks.

leungbok
24th October 2008, 08:28 AM
He told me that he will do it.8)

KIGO1987
24th October 2008, 05:02 PM
Hey Kandang,
Cool that you answer yourself. I was almost sure to have seen your name several times on the zone ranking board for pulse. Well, maybe i was mistaking. I also saw your name on the high scores on hd, YOU NEED a ps3, mate (don't let Kigo be the fastest austalian on hd);)

Too late. Lol;g

Though there are serveral other tough guys out there who are fighting well in the races who are from AUS and NZ. Or it could be me using a controller that is kinda been damaged during the completion of the elite trophy, thus putting me at a handicap. lol.

Lance
24th October 2008, 06:51 PM
Kinda been damaged. Hm... I wonder how that could possibly have occurred. ;)

KIGO1987
24th October 2008, 08:02 PM
the ship wouldnt BR several times during an elite race, followed by a couple of irritating defective weapons pads made me quite mad in a really tense race, and my controller then became a UFO.

leungbok
26th October 2008, 07:16 PM
Hey Mad-Ice,
Huntergreg sent me some results. He made 1.59.16 tt & 23.12 sl on amphiseum white. He thinks he can do better (when he'll have time).
Jabberjaw : he made an attempt on métropia white for 1.35.78 (tt). And for speed laps, i'm not sure anyone could beat his attempt on outpost 07 white with the piranha (he's usually an assegaï pilot) and for the outpost 07 white tt he has a record at 1.50.97.

Mad-Ice
27th October 2008, 07:54 AM
Well first of all congrats to Huntergreg. Those are very nice records! On top of that The Amphiseum White is very close to the record of KANDANG.

I think we have to stay at the original question of JABBERJAW from the first post of this thread! Because I think Moa Therma is a track with no tricks and no BRs just pure racing.

So if Huntergreg is able to come close to KANDANGs' time here with pitching manually a lot of top player are having a serious problem with pitching down manually. Or maybe there is still a trick in MOA?

leungbok
27th October 2008, 08:14 AM
I'll ask him if he can make a try on moa white;)
HD shows me that a br is possible at the last turn on moa, i tried it the same way on pulse & it works perfectly.
Huntergreg did 1.56.69 on moa.