PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Tracks

smwood71
19th October 2008, 04:10 PM
Not sure if I've missed something obvious but none of the reverse tracks seem to appear in the single player campaign events.

I find this very odd since Wipeout Pulse featured the alternative tracks (white & black) in the campaign events and it would gradually introduce the player to those new tracks rather just saying they have been unlocked and leaving it at that. In addition it would add extra variety/challenges to these events.

On a much different note, it's good to see the blue speed pads return. I just couldn't get used to the yellow ones after being brought up on the blues ones throughout my Wipeout career. :lol

Love the game though!

Rapier Racer
19th October 2008, 08:32 PM
I'd suggest reverse tracks were something they decided to add maybe a bit last minute or quite near the end of the games development at which point the campaign mode had already been done with the original 8 tracks. Going back and making changes would have caused further delay.

I feel that makes sense as there doesn't appear to be any sort of lap or race records for the reverse tracks which means they probably weren't tried out very throughly. Thats not a dig at anyone they work quite well, except that blind turn on metropia, that is most unwelcome lol.

eLhabib
20th October 2008, 07:54 AM
That blind turn on Metropia R is the best freaking thing in the whole game! I love it!

Nadia Elenova
20th October 2008, 08:05 AM
yeah, talking about jedi reflexes :P

smwood71
20th October 2008, 09:48 AM
I find it hard to believe it would take too much effort swapping out some of the campaign races for their reverse equivalents even late in the day.

Also I didn't realize that the reverse track times are not logged on the server. I hope this gets fixed with a future update as it would mean any DLC might suffer the same fate.

eLhabib
20th October 2008, 10:23 AM
Reverse times are logged on the server - why wouldn't they?

smwood71
20th October 2008, 07:03 PM
Sorry, I just thought the comment by "Rapier Racer" implied that these times were not being synchronised with the servers like the forward tracks were. I have not checked whether this is true or not.

It would seem a bit silly NOT to include the times from the reverse tracks.

eLhabib
20th October 2008, 07:26 PM
Don't worry, all the records for reverse tracks are online. I think what he meant is that for the reverse tracks there were no set records in the tables right when the game came out. For the forward tracks, some records (supposedly by the devs or the QA team) were already in place.