PDA

View Full Version : Background downloads paused

rejj
19th October 2008, 12:31 AM
Just thought I'd leave a quick note incase noone else has noticed this yet -

Wipeout HD pauses any background downloads you had going, even if you are only playing the single player modes. :(

.. a bit silly, really.

sw1tch
19th October 2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah almost all game with an online mode disable the background downloading, in a way i understand it so it wouldn't lag during the online mode but why not allow it during single player.

Rubix42
19th October 2008, 03:00 AM
Actually, it is pending when you check the XMB because it is accessing your online friends list, etc. It still downloads if you're doing single player stuff. My Resistance 2 beta made progress while I was playing. Not as much as if I wasn't playing, but I noticed a difference.

captain howdy
19th October 2008, 07:33 PM
I noticed this, too. I assumed all hard drive games allowed background downloading, but my only experience with them so far are PixelJunk Monsters, Eden, and Everyday Shooter.

Rapier Racer
19th October 2008, 08:52 PM
Must be some sort of built in thing to preserve the quality of the online aspect and it's really unnecessary. I first noticed this with HAZE the first thing it would do is establish a network connection and stop my downloads in the process, fair enough if and when I actually want to play online.

Is it possible to start a download then sign out of the PSN and the download will continue? I could swear it is, if so theres your quick fix.