PDA

View Full Version : digital vs analogue brakes...

cybrpnk
16th October 2008, 10:30 PM
What the hell...

All this time since getting the game...I've mapped left and right airbrakes to L1 and R1 respectively...

Up until recently I was wondering why I sucked so much at WipEout...had I lost my anti-gravity touch??? I couldn't even negotiate the left hairpin in Chenghou...no matter how early I braked...

Recently I decided to try the L2 and R2 combination...and shiet...it works wonders and changes the whole flight experience drastically...

Is it just me or has anyone else here experienced a significant difference??? I seem to have so much more control with analogue airbrakes...plus...the game feels a lot 'softer' if that makes any sense, and floatier...the craft seems to drift a lot more into turns and corners...

TheFrostE
16th October 2008, 10:43 PM
you should try sideshifting alot of those tight corners, big difference in keeping speed coming out of them

Asayyeah
17th October 2008, 06:45 AM
cybrpnk : i changed immediately from l2R2 to l1r1 at the beginning and i am pretty OK with setup airbrakes at 10% sensitivity. But who knows i can see this weekend if those 'progressive' airbrakes l2r2 can make a difference for me.

What's your setup ? is it 10% or different for your l2r2 ?

leungbok
17th October 2008, 08:06 AM
I've just try that, and it really makes a difference. i'm like Arnaud, and my first idea is always to go to "old school" settings, but i must admit that airbrakes on L2R2 (10% sensitivity) are more effective. Maybe my solution for the f****g zeus :twisted

Skvall
17th October 2008, 08:40 AM
You all know that L1/R1 are pressure sensitive too huh? So you have to press hard (unless you set it at 10% maybe) even with L1/R1.

lunar
17th October 2008, 09:09 AM
can anyone sideshift as successfully with analogue brakes though? I don`t think I can, but maybe I need to work on it.

Axel
17th October 2008, 09:35 AM
I have been using L2R2 from day one. When you get the hang of it, it makes turning so frakking easy. It's all about getting used to how much pressure you apply to the trigger buttons.

eLhabib
17th October 2008, 10:05 AM
Actually, I think this is all related to your sensitivity settings. If your airbrake sensitivity is set to 100%, you will have to press real hard on L1/R1, but on L2/R2 you are at full braking power only halfway down. That's probably why some felt the airbrakes would be 'better' on L2/R2. If you decrease the sensitivity of your airbrakes to 50% or lower, you will have the same braking on L1/R1 as well, plus quicker sideshifting (which I find horrible on L2/R2).

Rubix42
17th October 2008, 06:46 PM
I maintain that having the brakes mapped to the face buttons, X and O respectively, is the way to go. You can double tap with your thumb way faster than with a pointer finger.

I have my sensitivity set to 20%, so I can press softly for an easy brake, or hard for a hard brake.

Then again, I'm not really challenging the leaderboards. But I haven't really put any effort into SL or TT. Mostly still just working on the last couple of Elite events to get the platinum trophy.

cybrpnk
18th October 2008, 08:26 AM
cybrpnk : i changed immediately from l2R2 to l1r1 at the beginning and i am pretty OK with setup airbrakes at 10% sensitivity. But who knows i can see this weekend if those 'progressive' airbrakes l2r2 can make a difference for me.

What's your setup ? is it 10% or different for your l2r2 ?

i think it's at 100% for the L2/R2...will try the 10% digital...still prefer the full analogue brakes though...been trying to beat your Moa Therma speed lap times and I am nowhere near...a good 3 seconds behind...geebus!!!

Asayyeah
18th October 2008, 07:14 PM
turbo boost on the last mag strip ( almost at the end of it ) hit the speed pad , pitch up and BR quickly as low as possible from the ground and you ll made it

rejj
19th October 2008, 12:30 AM
When I was playing the Pulse a bit (before holding the fat psp just became simply too uncomfortable) I'd changed the settings to use the R trigger on the psp as accellerate, and Square/Circle as left/right airbrake.

That worked pretty well.

I've swapped to L1/R1 for airbrakes in HD for now, however. Haven't noticed any issues with pressure sensitivity yet. Sideshifting on L2/R2 was a bit awkward, I found