PDA

View Full Version : The nice man Julian Gamble of Wipeout Revolution sent me...

infoxicated
29th August 2002, 02:26 PM
A week or so ago, Julian wrote asking for a link from WipeoutZone, stating that he'd been inspired to create his site after visiting WipeoutZone. I was pretty busy and didn't have time to set up the link straight away, planning to get to it as soon as I could.

Before that happened, I received another mail from Julian (although he later claimed it was from his "partner" and not him), being particularly impatient:

I have had the link up for a while now... Whats up with you putting my
link on your links page, my page is way better then 90% of them there... And
what are you doing? not addming my page even though i have had yours on my
page for over a week now? What about your part of the deal? I am not going to sponser someone that refuses to sponser me.
I pointed out to Julian that I'd put the link up, but since it had only been a couple of days from when he'd asked I told him that I wasn't prepared to take any **** over it.

At that point I linked WipeoutZone to his site and thought nothing more of it.

On Tuesday, I looked at his site to find that he'd ripped all of the ship pictures from the Wipeout Fusion team profiles on WipeoutZone and used them on the front end of his site. You could tell they were the same pictures because I created them from artwork given to me by Studio Liverpool for use on WipeoutZone. Julian had crudely pasted a couple of these together to use on his site.

He had not, at any point, asked me if he could use these images - Julian just took them and used them. These were images created for this site, by myself, and they'd been stolen.

I deleted Julian's link from WipeoutZone because of the stolen pictures and informed him via e-mail that I had done so.

This is Julian's reply to that:

whatever u pussy, i dont need ur ****ing support u clit

Ahem.

Anyhow, Lance and Wamdue, please be on the lookout for this dude showing up here and posting links to his site - he's not welcome on this board and I don't believe the guy is embracing the spirit of the community, as such.

zaarock
29th August 2002, 04:30 PM
:o evil evil! :evil: :x naughty words…

WIPEOUT ZONE RULES!! :D

Vasudeva
29th August 2002, 05:47 PM
Sad guy, that Julian. So much frustration. Perhaps he's not been nurtured enough in his childhood.

Peace,
V.

stin
29th August 2002, 05:47 PM
can you do something about this stupid idiot? ok its not worth it but can you?

mind you this is NOT revenge! just a suggesting.

stin :x

stin
29th August 2002, 05:49 PM
Sad guy, that Julian. So much frustration. Perhaps he's not been nurtured enough in his childhood.

Peace,
V.

YEAH! sad but stupid!!

Lance
29th August 2002, 07:26 PM
will do

jmoid
29th August 2002, 07:37 PM
that guy really knows how to make friends...

infoxicated
29th August 2002, 08:22 PM
Actually, I should point out that anyone who uses the Official Fusion forums will know this guy by his other names:

Fiesar121 and Xiolefûiosêh

Next time he's recruiting for his site, let him know you've seen exactly how low he can stoop, Stindah. :)

Synthetic Consciousness
29th August 2002, 08:34 PM
Wow. Now I know why the motto "Feisar is Fair?" is posed in the form of a question.

AmishRobot
30th August 2002, 01:03 AM
Very classy. If he wants a link, why don't you send him this one (http://www.dictionary.com)?

Wamdue
30th August 2002, 07:07 AM
omg, Ive seen idiots like this one in the cs-community every day, but in the wipeout community? Well, this one is not qualified to post and discuss wipeout on this forum, as it requires a wee bit of intelligence, respect to other peoples oppinions and a good attitude.
:roll:

Wiseman
30th August 2002, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately, there are, ermm, "people" like this all over the internet.

Being able to be anonymous and hide behind your monitor can do a lot to change people's attitudes. :\

Hybrid Divide
30th August 2002, 10:10 AM
That right there is one of the downsides to making a "Mainstream" game.

*shrugs* oh well.

Hello again everyone!

Vagrant Logic OUT

Myke_AG_Sys™
30th August 2002, 11:04 AM
Well y'know what it's like on the street, there's always gonna be some silly crap talking W*****s like Julian. Like when you're perfectly prepared to just live and let live but they can't go about anything in a mature, peaceful manner. W*****s, total W*****s.

His lack of originality has already annoyed me and I don't even know him. Let's hope he never comes here.

rhys
30th August 2002, 12:00 PM
Actually, I should point out that anyone who uses the Official Fusion forums will know this guy by his other names:

Fiesar121 and Xiolefûiosêh

Next time he's recruiting for his site, let him know you've seen exactly how low he can stoop, Stindah. :)

ok what he did was just nasty! i had a quick look at his site, and thought they were his pics, but now i know they are not!!!

Vasudeva
30th August 2002, 02:00 PM
@ Infox

I hope that his nickname was "Feisar121" and not "Fiesar121". In that case, he's probably even more retarded than we may think ;).

Anyhow, I'm afraid I'm going to need your heavenly intervention again... I lost my password to the time tables once again :roll: . Hope you can help me out...

Peace,
V.

AmishRobot
30th August 2002, 02:06 PM
I've been considering this little quote.

i dont need ur ****ing support u clit
Really? Is that supposed to be an insult? Consider this:

Imagine such a charmed life. You are able to spend the whole day tucked into your warm bed, hidden snugly under the covers. You need only peek your head out for that which interests you. Far from anti-social, everyone comes to your house hoping that you might grace them with your presence. You are allowed to pick and choose your friends as you see fit. When you show up, everyone's glad to see you; they never ask where you've been or why you've been neglecting them, they're simply grateful. In fact, millions will spend their entire lives seeking you out, hoping to make your acquaintance - if only for a few minutes. Imagine being so universally loved, simply for doing what comes naturally to you: bringing joy to all you meet.

Ah! To be the clit!

infoxicated
30th August 2002, 02:26 PM
Erm, that's quite enough of that James! ;)

Anyhow, I'm afraid I'm going to need your heavenly intervention again... I lost my password to the time tables once again . Hope you can help me out... As for you, my friend, I'm away for the weekend (PlayStation Experience in London) so I'll get it mailed to you as soon as I'm back.

Vasudeva
31st August 2002, 08:59 AM
Thanks! May your name forever grace the halls of wiping fame ;)

Peace,
V.

Thruster2097
31st August 2002, 10:09 AM
.. and for those who have taken a peek at the fusionboard recently, you`ll find that I recently sent them a "reality check". I knew that I should have left them alone, and not bothered, but I did it anyway.
You might be pleased to know that there are some sane people over there, its just the other hundred thousand idiots that tarnish the whole thing for everyone.

as for that gamble guy... words dont express how angry I am with him. If I ever see him ...... I dont think words will have a chance of expressing themselves, put it that way!

Unfortunatley, I suppose these things do happen. just move on and think of better days.

Myke_AG_Sys™
31st August 2002, 06:42 PM
Whooo, you could be worse things than a Clitoris I'll tell you that.

Julian...........*mumble*....twat.

Synthetic Consciousness
2nd September 2002, 09:29 AM
"Very classy. If he wants a link, why don't you send him this one?"

He could also benefit from a link to a good font site. Bitstorm is a nice font, but at the size he has it at on his site, it's virtually impossible to read. :x Ever trying to be helpful, here's a good site: http://www.1001fonts.com :)

And with this post, I see that I'm now a Dedicated WipEr! 8)

AmishRobot
2nd September 2002, 04:00 PM
BTW, I think infox was able to see the humor in my earlier post, and let it slide despite the (admittedly) inappropriate content. I'd hate to start some string of comments that gets this thread shut down or deleted.

And my apologies to infox. Sometimes I just can't help myself! :lol:

infoxicated
2nd September 2002, 04:26 PM
Heh!

Don't I know it! :D :lol:

Lance
2nd September 2002, 09:10 PM
'Synthetic Consciousness' said:
''And with this post, I see that I'm now a Dedicated WipEr! 8) ''

thanks for sticking with us; some of the members just don't have that high a level of interest. though i think many of them still read the forums, but don't participate interactively

and thanks to all of you who come here every week and keep this place lively And civilised. i am very glad i discovered this community

infoxicated
3rd September 2002, 08:23 AM
Me too :)

rhys
3rd September 2002, 03:49 PM
we are all very glad you MADE this forum :wink:

Wamdue
3rd September 2002, 07:54 PM
am I the only one checking this forum everyday? ;)

Lance
3rd September 2002, 08:34 PM
wamdue: nope, not even. i come here at least once a day, often more. of course, it isn't just that we need to have at least one visit by a moderator per day, but i just like it here! :D

Wamdue
3rd September 2002, 09:58 PM
yeah, me too :)

AmishRobot
4th September 2002, 01:15 AM
Wow, this thread started out so angry, and then just turned into a lovefest! :P

Wamdue: I'm here at least twice a day, and I'm not even a moderator. I don't post as often as I should (though I recently noticed I'm now a senior wiper!), but if you look above, you'll see the reason why that's probably not such a bad thing! ;)

Lance
4th September 2002, 03:32 AM
well, i thought the now notorious c-word post was fairly entertaining, even though i don't swing that way.

bUt i hereby declare that we have gone wAAAy offtopic on this one.

[sniffles] feel the love. ^__~

rhys
4th September 2002, 03:23 PM
Wow, this thread started out so angry, and then just turned into a lovefest! :P

Wamdue: I'm here at least twice a day, and I'm not even a moderator. I don't post as often as I should (though I recently noticed I'm now a senior wiper!), but if you look above, you'll see the reason why that's probably not such a bad thing! ;)

i could say exactly the same thing, i dont post as much as i should, and im here alot of the time!!

Myke_AG_Sys™
4th September 2002, 05:47 PM
I'm here every day, more than once!

jmoid
4th September 2002, 07:48 PM
i've been slacking a bit recently i must admit.

xEik
4th September 2002, 09:09 PM
At least twice a day (when I have an internet connection available).

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Hellfire_WZ
7th September 2002, 04:54 PM
I really ought to start posting again. I check almost every day but never seem to get round to posting anything. Just been pretty busy these past few months...

AmigoJack
7th September 2002, 06:59 PM
im checking the 'zone sometimes everyday (even twice a day) when im not that busy. otherwise i keep looking at least once a week for new material to reply to :wink:

rhys
7th September 2002, 09:33 PM
anyone seen the latest on the fusion board......

phew he is mad!! li was very tempted 2 point out that feisar121 insulted stin, saying that stin was a traiter. then in the post or 2 after that, hesaid that infoxicated should attack him(and dished alot of insults 2 foxy on the way)....... but i didnt really want 2 get involved.

xEik
7th September 2002, 11:55 PM
Wouldn't be better ignoring this kind of people? In fact I should not even be writting this.
I don't know if they got a ban or not but usually this kind of people go away by their own will cause they get bored of such kind places like this. It's not their place and therefore they don't feel comfortable in it.

However, I've not been insulted and I understand that people who have been have the right to be angry to them.

infoxicated
8th September 2002, 01:42 PM
Looks like he has gone off on one a bit - I couldn't really care less, it was pretty obvious he was out of his depth when he started with the insults, so I don't think there's any need to make a further issue out of it.

Some people are just cretins for life. :roll: