PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to rip the music from the Fusion DVD?

The Dizzy Vizzy
11th October 2008, 12:03 AM
Sorry if this is a silly post, but I believe since I own the game, I own the music.

I'd like to rip Fusion's music off of the DVD, but I've never ripped from a DVD before, just CD (yeah I know, pretty lame).

I used the search/advance search, but came up with nothing. I'm sure there's a tutorial around here somewhere... if anyone could point it out to me, I'd be grateful. :)

By the way, Wipeout HD is simply AWESOME, and it's for this game that I want Fusion's soundtrack.

Thanks! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/InvisiTuck/cowboy-1.gif

Darkdrium777
11th October 2008, 01:33 AM
Hmm I'm afraid there is no tutorial because ripping music from PS2 games is quite hard to figure out even with Google; and only works for some (At least the method I use only works for Monster Hunter, since I don't have Fusion I couldn't try it). One other way of getting the music would be to go in the playlist options in the game, and have the sound come through a stereo cable to a computer and record the sound with a free program like Audacity. ;)

However, you can also try this (Warning, you will need large amounts of disc space)
This works for extracting the music from the Monster Hunter PS2 Game disc:

Download ADXUtil 2.2.1 (http://www.geocities.com/sakura_br/) (Compatible with Windows Vista Home Premium 64bits, just tested it)
Install the program and launch it.
There will be a small window with a number of buttons and a blank space. Now insert your disc.
Check on the disc to see if you can find file extensions: .AFS or .ADX If you can't, stop here, it will not work.
If there is file extension .AFS, in ADXUtil do File->Open and point it to the .AFS file (Some files do not work correctly I think, the one for Monster Hunter is called AFS00.AFS, it may be different for Fusion or other games.)
It will take some time to load if the file is large (Monster Hunter is about 736MB for AFS00.AFS, 20.3MB for AFS01.AFS (Which does not work) and 114MB for AFS_DATA.AFS (Which does not work too)). You can see which files will work inside the .AFS archive as the number of channels for the sound and the frequency is indicated, those that do not work have N/A.
Once ADXUtil has finished processing the contents of the archive, select the sounds you want to extract from it (You can preview them with the Play button, the black arrow) and go to Commands->Extract to the folder. Select a spot on your computer and go ahead. The program will extract the contents in .ADX format
If there is only .ADX extension, or you have completed the step above if you had .AFS, go to File->Batch Encoder/Decoder. A new window will open.
Go to Batch->Add Files in this new window, and add all the files you either extracted from the .AFS archive or all the .ADX files you want.
Once the file list is complete, go to Batch->Start!. Point to a directory on your computer and click OK, the conversion from .ADX to .WAV will commence. As I said before, this requires a large quantity of disc space, so be warned. Especially if you have .AFS archives you need to extract the .ADX from first.
You can then use any music converter to convert from .WAV to any format you like.

Hopefully that helps if you have .AFS or .ADX on the disc, otherwise you will need to record each track individually with something like Audacity and a stereo cable going from the PS2/PS3 or sound system to the input on the PC.

The Dizzy Vizzy
11th October 2008, 08:10 PM
[Dark, that was very, VERY cool of you to post that! Thanks for your effort and reply, it is much, MUCH appreciated!!! You rock! :rock

Yeah, I did some googling on both the method and the soundtrack (I know it's out there, I've seen it before - but at the time I was not really interested. Howver, since I'm using this music for WipeOut HD, now I need it, ha.

Ok Darky, I'm gonna go ahead and try what you said there... it just may work - I'll keep you..."posted". :D

Thanks again!

Darkdrium777
11th October 2008, 09:21 PM
No need to quote my post all over again ;) (Read the guidelines by the way)

Yes hopefully this will work for Fusion because the way with Audacity is very tedious. I finally obtained the Kinetica OST with it but it took me a few hours of doing just that :blarg With ADXUtil it can be done in a matter of minutes if it is possible.

phl0w
11th October 2008, 10:29 PM
Is there an app similar to that ADXUtil for Mac?

Darkdrium777
11th October 2008, 11:34 PM
Hmm I don't know about that. ADXUtil 2.2.1 was already hard enough to find, now imagine for MAC :O

EDIT: Problem solved. A simple search on that forum should have done it, look what I found (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490) :) This should do for extracting the music of WipEout Fusion ;)