PDA

View Full Version : Can someone point me to....

Carlos
10th October 2008, 05:30 PM
......where I can get a complete collection of WipeOut tracks? I want to download every single game's songs so that I can play it during WOHD.

The music I want the most is none other than "The Firestarter" by prodigy.

I was reading neoGAF and saw it there, but I don't know where I found it...I checked all threads related to WOHD, but no cigar.

Do you guys have a list here?

Sausehuhn
10th October 2008, 06:48 PM
Maybe searching the forums not for WOHD but for the other game's soundtracks leads to more succesful results? ;)

Sugar_from_OTW
10th October 2008, 09:18 PM
just buy a cheap copy of xl/2097 and rip it off of that...if that's legal where you are of course. Then you'll get the instramental version, which is the one you really want.

Crob
10th October 2008, 09:36 PM
I want to download every single game's songs

Given that all the songs are copyright I'm not sure Foxy would be too happy soliciting this kind of information here.

Darkmiss
10th October 2008, 10:23 PM
you can buy the whole 2097 album, DRM free MP3, from here for about £1:80
Or - just the Firestarter instrumental on its own, for 11 pence.

http://www.mp3sparks.com/r2/Wipeout_2097/Game_Soundtrack/group_7450/album_500/mcatalog.shtml?albref=14

Crob
10th October 2008, 10:37 PM
Buying from a rebranded AllOfMp3.com isn't quite what I had in mind...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AllOfMP3

Carlos
11th October 2008, 03:11 AM
just buy a cheap copy of xl/2097 and rip it off of that...if that's legal where you are of course. Then you'll get the instramental version, which is the one you really want.
I already own WipeOut XL. Is it absolutely okay to copy music from the disc and onto the harddrive? I mean, it is a feature, right?

It wouldn't matter about copyright stuff, because the entire wipeout series is in Sony's hands.

G'Kyl
11th October 2008, 07:15 AM
I already own WipeOut XL. Is it absolutely okay to copy music from the disc and onto the harddrive? I mean, it is a feature, right? Of course you can rip music that you own for use on your PS3!
Even if it weren't legal, I'd still consider it morally right.

It wouldn't matter about copyright stuff, because the entire wipeout series is in Sony's hands.

So you'd buy one and get/make an illegal copy of anything else, because of the fact it's all Sony property anyway? I don't think that's a very strong argument. ;)

Ben

Carlos
12th October 2008, 04:43 AM
So you'd buy one and get/make an illegal copy of anything else, because of the fact it's all Sony property anyway? I don't think that's a very strong argument. ;)
Now, ben, that's now what I was saying, I was saying that since PS3 is Sony's console, and WipeOut is Sony's franchise, I feel that its pointless to even worry about copyright stuff. Two and Two make one easy solution.

Now if I wanted to copy to Xbox 360, I would easily be sued, because its Sony's competitor.

G'Kyl
12th October 2008, 07:01 AM
Hmmm... I hope I understand what you are saying (sorry if not :) ), but I believe the argument remains: As long as it's legal you can rip what you like on whatever system you like - that's not what matters.
What does matter is if it's legally allowed in the first place. If that were not the case, then you also weren't allowed to use WO soundtracks on a Sony console!

Ben

cybrpnk
13th October 2008, 12:45 AM
Firestarter is on the 'Fat of the Land' album...first thing I did after dl-ing HD was to upload the whole album...all the tracks on Fat are great to race to...go get a copy...I'm sure they're really cheap by now...(think it was released in 97)

emwu23
13th October 2008, 01:11 AM
The Fat of The Land its great album,but Firestarter instrumental is on
Firestarter the singel.

BulletWraith
13th October 2008, 01:23 AM
You can get it straight from your XL Disc

Carlos you own XL/2097 so you can use it's music on what ever you want as long as its for personal use
all the wipeout PS1 games play just like music CD's in any(?) CD player and are easily converted to Mp3's/FLAC/whatever

actually 90% of the time I spend playing WO I listen to Firestarter + its nice to run to as well :)

Churr
-zer:donutshen

jmoid
13th October 2008, 08:00 AM
You can get the instrumental version of Firestarter from the very wonderful Emusic.com - all legal and non-DRM:
http://www.emusic.com/album/The-Prodigy-Firestarter-MP3-Download/10945633.html
Or if you don't want a subscription, it's at 7Digital too:
http://www.7digital.com/artists/the-prodigy/firestarter/
I wholeheartedly agree with G'Kyl, though, I don't know anything about the legality of it but I really think you should be able to copy music from games that you legally own.