PDA

View Full Version : 1.10 Update !

Yome NetSan
10th October 2008, 11:28 AM
I just launch HD and it got an update.
v1.10 (8000KB)

I didn't notice any difference for now...
Any news ?

eLhabib
10th October 2008, 11:32 AM
Most likely bugfixes.

Sausehuhn
10th October 2008, 12:13 PM
8000 MB?
I can hardly imagine that ;)

Miths
10th October 2008, 12:17 PM
8000 MB?
I can hardly imagine that ;)

Maybe we're getting a hundred new tracks? :p

Virtical
10th October 2008, 12:35 PM
anyone know if theres an official changelog anywhere?

cnmth
10th October 2008, 12:46 PM
hehe 8000mb ;)

the update is 8542kb
mostly bugfixes ye:)

Rapier Racer
10th October 2008, 01:06 PM
I'd take a guess at it being online fixes since the put a message up in game saying they were aware of problems some people were having.

Yome NetSan
10th October 2008, 01:08 PM
hehe 8000mb ;)

the update is 8542kb

Ouais Ouais bon....
I'm tired today... been playing HD quite late yesterday ;)

SouthendRage
10th October 2008, 04:20 PM
It includes the Fix for the '50 Friends Bug' But you need to delete you save for it to work, but your times on the leaderboards are saved and your trophies. :+

But you'll need to unlock everything again it seems. :brickwall

Larikun
10th October 2008, 04:35 PM
Won't even tell me about the update here, however deleting a save to get a patch to work? Sounds a bit dodgy, granted I'm not saying what you are saying isn't true, it just upsets me a bit that I would have to do that to be bug free, especially after I have 3 teams at 100k loyalty now =/

Frances_Penfold
10th October 2008, 04:42 PM
It includes the Fix for the '50 Friends Bug' But you need to delete you save for it to work, but your times on the leaderboards are saved and your trophies. :+

But you'll need to unlock everything again it seems. :brickwall

REALLY? Are you sure?

That sucks if true.

Sausehuhn
10th October 2008, 04:52 PM
And I say: Backup!

Flashback Jack
10th October 2008, 05:00 PM
It includes the Fix for the '50 Friends Bug' But..

Source?

- F

Carlos
10th October 2008, 05:27 PM
Downloading right away.

Frances_Penfold
10th October 2008, 06:23 PM
Methings I will wait to implement any patches that come down the pike, at least until I better understand how back-up and stuff works on the PS3...

Darkdrium777
10th October 2008, 06:59 PM
And how exactly do you perform this update? I was informed it existed but there was no prompt to download it or anything.

Crob
10th October 2008, 07:11 PM
Just FYI its being reported on various sites and forums (example) (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/10/euro-wipeout-hd-patch-fixes-freezing-for-popular-players/) that deleting your profile is a required step to activate the update. It's not mandatory - its optional and only necessary if you have experienced any issues caused by having a large friends list (anything over 50). If your profile is corrupt there's only one way to fix it... :(

If you had over 50 friends and didn't experience any trouble then you might be ok (hence the "strongly recommended" in the update information)...

The patch includes other fixes as well including improved music playback when using 3rd-party user installed hard drives.

Flashback Jack
10th October 2008, 07:14 PM
Apparently this is the exact wording of the notes in the update. Fetched it from the link Crob provided:

"If at any time you have had over 50 users in your friends list whilst playing WipEout HD, it is possible that your saved data has become corrupted.

If this situation applies to you, we strongly recommend that once this update has installed you quit the game and delete your saved data using the saved data utility in the XMB, then re-launch the game to create a new profile."

- F

klax75
10th October 2008, 07:27 PM
Wondering about this update too. I only have 15 on my friends list, the announcement talk about the update, but nothing downloads when I go online.

Ex7r3m3r
10th October 2008, 07:53 PM
Here are the in-game announcements that are from the US version, no update as of yet for the US version though :(

STUDIO Liverpool: Annoucements wrote:

A small percentage of our users have been experiencing issues with the game after signing into PSN with more than 50 Friends in their profile. Although this issue is resolved with the latest update, we are unable to fix game profiles that have become corrupted. Therefore we are advising anybody who had more than 50 Friends to delete their old profile and create a new one. Deleting your profile will not affect your collected trophies or online records, but will reset your campaign mode progress, team loyalties, and in-game settings. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

In addition to the above, the update also improves Music playback and Custom Playlistplayback.

Online Multiplayer stability and accurate tracking of Tournament scores has also been improved.

It is now possible to manually swith between Tournament End Race Results in Online Multiplayer, using the SQUARE button.

Asayyeah
10th October 2008, 09:45 PM
i have already 48 friends and many other in the 'waiting-list' ( i never crossed 50, never experimenting any kind of slowdown or lag or else online ) but tonight after downloading the patch after few races i have major slowdowns each time finishing a race : i have the upper left corner ( displaying the select ship etc...) completely gray during 15/30 sec or longer ( max was 1 min ) i can't leave the area by 'O' , no slowdowns while racing but that weird bug after finishing an online SR.

Does that happend due to that update and do I need to make a new save and delete my current one ???

lunar
11th October 2008, 01:32 AM
That doesn`t sound like a thing that would be caused by a corrupt game save, but I know nothing.

Great to see the tournament points bug worked on, thanks SL. :+

rdmx
11th October 2008, 01:58 AM
If this was deployed 9:30pm AEST 11/10/08 then great job you delayed the AUS vs. NZ wipeout tournament :P We were all booted out around then, just when it was scheduled to start.:eek
It did go ahead 30 mins after though.

Darkdrium777
11th October 2008, 02:43 AM
Welcome SpoolnBad ;)

Also, I am happy to report that the tournament point bug has not been solved, at all. After a seven race tournament with eight people, five leaving gradually throughout the tournament (Because I was so good :P), I still lost the tournament 43 to 49, after finishing first on all seven tracks. Fun. :brickwall :-

Skvall
11th October 2008, 04:26 AM
Ok these corrupted savefiles sucks big time. How do I know if I have to delete my profile? Can I get problems later on?

If I need to delete the save I want to do it as soon as possible, but I rather dont do it at all heh.

Wip3ou7
11th October 2008, 05:22 AM
If you update an everything runs fine, than youre fine. If you still have the problem where you freeze and such THEN you will need to delete your save game.

G'Kyl
11th October 2008, 07:07 AM
If your profile is corrupt there's only one way to fix it... :(

And I say: Backup!

I don't think there is, but CAN you actually backup your profile data? I know it's not strictly patch related, but still good to know considering...

Ben

eLhabib
11th October 2008, 08:44 AM
I had a corrupted profile, so what I did is, I backed it up to usb-stick, then deleted it from the PS3. Then I started wipEout HD, downloaded the patch, saved. Quit the game again, returned to the xmb, deleted the new profile, copied my old profile back from the usb-stick, started the game again. Tadaaa! Corruption gone!

lunar
11th October 2008, 09:22 AM
Good work, eL. Someone with an account should post this on NeoGAF and other forums where there are people talking about the game.

boogalogist
11th October 2008, 09:53 AM
Nice find, eL!!

Although I don't have this problem...your solution will help TONS of people out there who are affected!!

The solution should be STICKIED!!

eLhabib
11th October 2008, 10:24 AM
I can not guarantee it really works, though. Will have to wait and see if the bug pops up on my profile again, but so far it hasn't.

Axel
11th October 2008, 02:11 PM
i have already 48 friends and many other in the 'waiting-list' ( i never crossed 50, never experimenting any kind of slowdown or lag or else online ) but tonight after downloading the patch after few races i have major slowdowns each time finishing a race : i have the upper left corner ( displaying the select ship etc...) completely gray during 15/30 sec or longer ( max was 1 min ) i can't leave the area by 'O' , no slowdowns while racing but that weird bug after finishing an online SR.

Does that happened due to that update and do I need to make a new save and delete my current one ???

I can confirm the above problem. Really annoying that, and it only started happening after the update :(. the only good thing is that you don't have to wait long for the problem to sort itself out.

Asayyeah
11th October 2008, 05:43 PM
yeah that's true Axel it's not too long to wait and i must add that hasn't happened every time last night.

El : you said that you knew your profile was corrupted and then after backup & delete save from ps3, you Dl the patch

My question is if i am doing that will i have the patch viewable again to be Dl ( cause i already DL it the 1st time i connected ps3 on friday) or do you think that kind of 'grey problem' Axel & I had comes from massive numbers of players online at that particular moment?

Could be cool to know exactly how many pilots are connected at the same time : maybe that can be due to high traffic?

Frances_Penfold
11th October 2008, 06:25 PM
Methings I will wait to implement any patches that come down the pike, at least until I better understand how back-up and stuff works on the PS3...

So much for that idea :lol

The game basically forced me to do the patch install to log-in and go-online. I suppose that makes sense because you Sony wants all of the gamers online to be running the same software version.

Anyway, I did the install, no problems, no glitches, game feels the same as before, at least so far.

Asayyeah
12th October 2008, 03:32 AM
I had no problems online tonight playing : it's running fine and i added more than 50 friends so everything is fine : thx SL :)

oggob
12th October 2008, 05:03 AM
El : you said that you knew your profile was corrupted and then after backup & delete save from ps3, you Dl the patch

My question is if i am doing that will i have the patch viewable again to be Dl ( cause i already DL it the 1st time i connected ps3 on friday) or do you think that kind of 'grey problem' Axel & I had comes from massive numbers of players online at that particular moment?

I'm only going to answer the bolded part...

Further to what eLhabib has spoken about, I will generalise it to the PS3 overall...

Every PS3 Disc game has 2 parts to it...

1) Save Data
2) Game Data

Save Data
This will be everything that relates to you actually playing the game, progression to 100%, unlocking things, etc...

Now, you can backup your Save Data to any USB or external device, by going into Save Data Utility, finding the file in question and hitting Triangle > Copy and then it's destination.

Game Data
This will be Expansions, Patches, etc...

Going into Game Data Utility, you can select the file and see the Size, Version, etc...

These can't be backed-up like above (but a System Backup will), and hopefully with a new firmware in the future we can see further details, because at the moment for eg: Download Warhawk Expansions

All 3 expansions have been downloaded on my console and it shows as one file @ 1270MB, version 1.50...

So if I was to delete this, I would have to download the entire 3 expansions again... HOPEFULLY new firmware will allow me to see each expansion as an individual, it would be better, if I wanted to remove only 1 of the expansions, etc...

So the theory is that you would save your Save Data, delete the Game Data, re-install the Save Data and then boot the game.

Most Recent Example : Burnout Paradise
Trophies were not retroactive, so whilst some of the trophies were obtainable with a current save, not all were... for those that did put alot of time into the game to get 100%, 101% or 102% (I'm still working on this one, only 100+ online challenges to go, lol) deleting to start again, isn't very nice...

So, pretty much everyone I know backed up their save, and started again, grinded to get the all the trophies, and then re-installed their original save... no problems, all records remained.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER, PSN titles are not included...

So any patches, expansions with these games seem to install into the original file (theoretically hidden), or from what I've seen with a couple of games (Super Stardust HD, Blast Factor), the expansion that you are downloading is actually a newer version of the whole game.

There is nothing within the Game Data Utility for these titles, so if someone was to believe that the patch downloaded was corrupt, or didn't install correctly, the only current option would be to delete the whole game and then re-download from the PSN Store once again... (very bandwidth unfriendly)

And then you will have to patch the game, unless of course the patch has already been applied/added to the store version...

Hopefully, this clears up what can and can't be done for a few people... :) ;)

:D

Asayyeah
12th October 2008, 05:41 PM
Thx a lot Brett for those crystal clear explanations : very much appreciated here.

love9sick
12th October 2008, 08:57 PM
includes other fixes as well including improved music playback when using 3rd-party user installed hard drives.

This was what I was wondering about and didn't understand.

darkfaerytales
15th October 2008, 03:04 PM
sorry if maybe i ask something already argued , i haven't read entire thread

just to get out of confusion , i have play the game since day one without any access to PSN afterwards, i have zero friend at the moment , cause sadly i had problems with my internet provider and at the moment i cannot access PSN races
my games hasn't had any glitch and runs fine without any problem

what i should do then?

when i will get back my adsl, for race on internet i must download the patch anyway?

Asayyeah
15th October 2008, 03:28 PM
You ll have to DL it anyway, you ll accept it when game is launching ( at least when you ll have your internet access ready to go) cause at my knowledge ( correct me tec-pilots if i am wrong) you can't 'avoid' that patch.
Nothing wrong with it : if your game was running well you gonna play your precious game without a problem

Darkdrium777
15th October 2008, 03:38 PM
I don't correct you and say you are right: you will have to download the patch to play online. :)

darkfaerytales
15th October 2008, 03:50 PM
You ll have to DL it anyway, you ll accept it when game is launching ( at least when you ll have your internet access ready to go) cause at my knowledge ( correct me tec-pilots if i am wrong) you can't 'avoid' that patch.
Nothing wrong with it : if your game was running well you gonna play your precious game without a problem

ok, my game is runing well since day one, now i have unlocked almost all skins and i have to complete dropzone and meltdown campaign for finish ,

so you confirm me that if i haven't had any problems before, this patch will works well? only if the corruption files has occured before the patch, one have to cancel everything, right?

Darkdrium777
15th October 2008, 03:59 PM
Yes, only if it froze because of the 50 friends bug will you have to erase your save file. You can always obtain the remaining trophies while playing offline and then once you have all of them erase your save, so you don't really lose anything except a few days without online ;) The trophies are conserved even when you delete your save file.

darkfaerytales
15th October 2008, 04:07 PM
ok then whats the point? the 50 friend bug can occur even if i download this patch? WTF:bomb

if i copy the saved files on my usb hard disk then in case the froze and corruption occurs and i have to delete all saved files , can i backup it from my copy in the usb hard disk? it works?

Darkdrium777
15th October 2008, 05:39 PM
Ok, the thing is: if the game ever froze when you had over 50 friends, your save file is corrupt and you will have to delete it (You can try backing it up, deleting it and restoring it if you want). However, if you never had the freezing problem, there is no need to delete it, even if you had over 50 friends.