PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD theme and "making of" video on UK PSN store

jmoid
9th October 2008, 03:21 PM
and... that's it, really! Seems the store was updated early today. The video features Colin Berry...

Axel
9th October 2008, 03:28 PM
Oh wicked, I will check this when I get home. Anybody got any pics?

jmoid
9th October 2008, 03:49 PM
Here you go:

kanar
9th October 2008, 04:00 PM
beautiful. Thanks for the info Jmoid, & HUGE Thanks SL (waiting for DLCs soon lol), my ps3 desktop looks awesome now!!!

darkfaerytales
9th October 2008, 04:10 PM
fantastic !

Sausehuhn
9th October 2008, 04:16 PM
Someone should upload that video :)

darkfaerytales
9th October 2008, 04:27 PM
wow, i remenber last week someone here ask a wo HD theme would be nice, and colin answer him that he should have talked about it at the studio...and TA DAA ,here comes the theme ...what a gift :cake

thank u:P

Darkdrium777
9th October 2008, 04:31 PM
That's weird, I think I have another WipEout HD theme. Are there two themes? Mine is just the classic XMB with the WOHD style borders around (The four square corners only)...
I'll check that one out, maybe I'm mistaken and the theme I have is not HD...

KIGO1987
9th October 2008, 04:52 PM
one is the official theme. the other is not (older one)

SouthendRage
9th October 2008, 05:49 PM
Cool, but it's taking ages to download atm....... But I can play LBP beta instead!

Skvall
9th October 2008, 06:05 PM
Swedish store didnt get the Making of video. Hate when they have different content on all stores. -_-

Miths
9th October 2008, 07:34 PM
The new theme looks great, and it was nice to see that there were several wallpapers included (I've seen three so far, don't know if there are more?).
I'm about to watch the video now.

Crob
9th October 2008, 07:49 PM
I somehow managed to grow a full beard in that video in the space of 10 seconds...

taqili
10th October 2008, 10:41 PM
Finally, I get to see the man who is so amazing

<3 paul ripley's work.

Rubix42
10th October 2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks SL! The Wipeout HD theme 2 is so awesome. Different ships for all the items on the XMB, and everything is so very Wipeout-i-fied (yeah, I just created a word to describe it)

Very cool.

lovedr
10th October 2008, 11:46 PM
yes, thank you so so much SL for the theme and the making of - loving them both!

nice to see the people who make our lives complete lol.

Mad-Ice
12th October 2008, 05:48 PM
These themes are so cool! I was going whooo.... what is that? I didn't see that wallpaper before! I didn't download that one. This happend to me two times. Really nice that the wallpapers are changing.:+

Wip3ou7
12th October 2008, 07:01 PM
I really wish they had the making of video on the US store!!!

Maybe I'm looking too hard into it, but I think there was actually alot of thought put into the creation of the WipEout HD Theme 2.

Here's my guess as to why they picked the icons they did for each column in the XMB:
*EGX is friends column, because EG.R and XIOS became friends and merged ;P
*QIREX-RD is the internet column, because they are all about the research and development :)
*Piranha is game data, FEED ME! Downloads, installs, save games are all food for the PS3 :D
*GOTEKI45 for movies! Because movies are pictures that GO!
*FEISAR for music, FEISAR has been in every game and wipeout is strongly associated with its music.
*ASSEGAI for Photo, because its just so damn sexy.
*AG-SYS for the System Settings Column, obviously because SYSTEM is in the name, and also because AG-SYSTEMS is the CORE OF THE AG RACING LEAGUE!!
*TRIAKIS for Users tab, which also makes sense since triakis is all about mutiplicity. Multiple hulls, multiple users.

Am I reading too much into this, or do you guys think I'm right? Maybe it was unintentional and just happened to make sense... or maybe they did it intentionally like that.

kanes_son
12th October 2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah, got my theme! Hurts my eyes a little but it is very nice looking.

Cheers Wipeout creators, good work as usual!

G'Kyl
12th October 2008, 07:31 PM
Same here: Love the fact that the theme is changing! Unfortunately, it can be difficult to read a few lines of the XMB (size of installed Game Data, for instance), but it sure makes the menu as slick as they get. :)

Ben

Darkdrium777
12th October 2008, 08:03 PM
Wip3ou7, you may be right :) That makes sense hahaha :D
Making of video coming up on Filefront ;) EDIT: If I can upload it. FF is 1GB max, and the video is 1GB :O

DawnFireDragoon
12th October 2008, 10:15 PM
hmmmm, just watched the 'making of' video on youtube, it's a good showcase for the game, but that's all it is, here's our game this is what we put in it...it's no 'making of' video in the slightest!!! still if you don't own the game it's a good watch to see what's on offer.

stin
12th October 2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I`ve seen this video and it`s really good stuff and also, met few of these guys! but I`m more curious about Mr Berry, Did he shave before these videos?! :P

stevie:g

cybrpnk
13th October 2008, 12:57 AM
I agree with dragoon...this was more a promo video than a 'making of'...I was crying for shots on the craft designer's screens of the 3D models to try and see what software they were using...eheheh...

Still...it was fun to watch the different players in the anti-gravity game...

The theme download was much appreciated though...

Darkdrium777
13th October 2008, 01:38 AM
WipEout HD Making Of 1080p Download [1,017.78 MB] (http://files.filefront.com/WipeOutHD+MakingOf+Englisprar/;12049767;/fileinfo.html)

Sausehuhn
13th October 2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the upload, mate! :)

Asayyeah
13th October 2008, 12:09 PM
That was very cool to see faces you already know, there was also few sec in that conference room we were last year with few members from here.
I really enjoyed watching those 8 min
SL you rock :+

love9sick
14th October 2008, 05:03 PM
Nice! I didn't know, just went and got it. :+

I love the icons, that is what I got it for. I still like to use my own pics from the game as wallpapers :)

There is no video though :( and I am biased against .rar files lol.

Darkdrium777
14th October 2008, 05:27 PM
There is no video though :( and I am biased against .rar files lol.Well that's too bad because I won't be uploading for another five hours and searching for a way to compress 1027MB of HD video under 1024MB for an hour prior to that. :P Enjoy the non-video ;)

(Hint: get winrar, you won't regret it for this file).

Rapier Racer
14th October 2008, 07:31 PM
Did I hear someone on the vid say all the stuff was unlocked from the get go and there was no need to unlock anything :P

rdmx
14th October 2008, 10:09 PM
Yes I was bemused by that comment despite after finishing a grid, it says 'Sebenco Climb unlocked for Racebox'.

Rapier Racer
24th October 2008, 01:58 PM
Theres a new colour theme on the PSN now, looks pretty.