PDA

View Full Version : We're back because of HD - sign in here if you've returned to the zone for this.

Kansas
7th October 2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah...so I had totally forgotten about WipEout HD, so imagine my surprise when I was checking out the PlayStation Store the other night.

I downloaded that mutha and started playing last night.

Amazing visuals and, with my 5.1 surround system, I am thoroughly pleased.

I love the Assegai ship, although I miss the old-school model.

After two handhelds, it feels nice to hold a controller in my hand again. Look for me online. I still go by the handle "Northern_Raven."

GTAce
7th October 2008, 11:28 PM
I am still a new member here and i never really were "away", but im posting more now and in the future, because i can priticipate more with HD.
I dont own a PSP and so i have no motivation anymore in making skins (i made a few though), but with HD, i can race online, show you guys my times (soon i hope lol) and make photos.

Sugar_from_OTW
8th October 2008, 08:15 AM
I used to lurk here when it was the "wipeout pilots association". I used to quite like the old website too.

I remember reading about people complaining about wip3out and how the physics were all wrong and it was a travisty of a game compared to 2097/XL.

Skvall
8th October 2008, 10:53 AM
Haha for real? They should been taking suicide when Fusion came out? =D

Dogg Thang
8th October 2008, 01:58 PM
Not far off. I was at the Fusion boards through all the hype and anticipation, imported it from Australia (the first place to get it for some reason) and then...

...well, it was Fusion.

Rapier Racer
8th October 2008, 04:00 PM
Back for a few months eh.

Lance
8th October 2008, 04:58 PM
DT, you just disappeared for a while there; did you just get bored with WipEout and modding?

Dogg Thang
8th October 2008, 06:26 PM
Life sort of got a bit nuts for a while and I just dropped off the face of the earth for a little while. I couldn't keep up with web life, let alone the duties of modding at that time unfortunately. I resurfaced for Pulse though, after having become a father and, as if that wasn't enough, also achieving pretty huge life (and I guess career) goal of mine.

Made loads of skins for Pulse and loved it until the bugs got to such a point that the mere thought of Wipeout sent me into convulsions. It's taken a while to get over that.

Even when I'm not visibly around though, I often pop in to see what's going on, albeit usually only in the actual WO boards and not the off-topic ones. Only in the last few days have I seen that there were some good discussions and some pretty major events I missed (like Jay's illness). So I've lost out by not being around all the time I guess.

Belegurx
8th October 2008, 11:38 PM
I used to be sometimes in the Fusion boards too... then i found this comunity and joined it but... completly forgot about it, even if i own both PSP games,for quite a long time... lets thx HD for really bringing me back to the Wipeout Zone...