PDA

View Full Version : Online Records Table Problem

Colin Berry
3rd October 2008, 06:24 PM
We know there has been an issue with the tables not updating very quickly and that currently they are displaying very few records and it may appear they have been wiped.

I can assure you that the tables have not been wiped and the records have not been lost.

There is an issue with overload and we are working on it currently and fingers crossed the tables will be working better than ever within the next few days.

Feel free to spread the word on other forums (neo gaf for example) and cheers for the patience as we sort things out

cheers
Col

stin
3rd October 2008, 06:27 PM
That is ok mate! but I`m dreading to see their records!!!:cold

Just do your best and with your work mates! ;)

stevie:)

love9sick
3rd October 2008, 06:58 PM
Very nice, I have had this issue. Thanks for the update. I had no clue that the developers were on this site. That is pretty sweet.

Asayyeah
3rd October 2008, 07:15 PM
Waiting by playing an horrible game would be such a pain but here with glorious HD it's like adding a cherry on a top of a :cake : you need to eat the cake slowly and learn those delicious curves then you can roll the cherry over your tongue and possibly hit the 'top' of the online ranking
:banzai

Practice leeds to ( you know the rest ;) )

TheFrostE
3rd October 2008, 07:25 PM
well said arnaud....brought a tear to my eye ;)

eLhabib
3rd October 2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info, Colin, much appreciated! :)

Axel
3rd October 2008, 08:52 PM
Thats all right, im practising my tracks anyway. I'm terrible at this game and shouldn't be posting any times :) :P

fusionfrenzy
3rd October 2008, 11:47 PM
Well, in one way the leaderboards have been 'Wiped' ;)*

Good to hear that the situation is being rectified. I did get a bit of a shock when I saw vast emptyness on the boards today! I just fear how far my rankings will have fallen... :(

*You probably didnt get that. My PSN is Wiped89 :p

BaldyCurly
4th October 2008, 12:38 AM
Waiting by playing an horrible game would be such a pain but here with glorious HD it's like adding a cherry on a top of a :cake : you need to eat the cake slowly and learn those delicious curves then you can roll the cherry over your tongue and possibly hit the 'top' of the online ranking
:banzai

Practice leeds to ( you know the rest ;) )

Well Put arnaud indeed and thanks for the update Colin. BTW Colin, hats off with HD, you boys created a great game, real great. Shame I suck at BR's!!!

Hay arnaud, what is your PSN Asayeah, or Asayyeah-OFT, I have added Asayyeah but not seen ya online?

Looking forwards to reliving some zone again with you hellfire and co real soon!

Nunalho
4th October 2008, 02:27 AM
That´s great to hear, thanks for the Heads up!

MadMax1978
4th October 2008, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the update Colin i've only just noticed it now and this forum is the first place I came to to see what was going on a low an behold here is the thread :D

Amon
6th October 2008, 02:20 PM
Guys don't want to give false hopes but now it looks working for me ... I was disconnected from psn while playing WOHD. Reconnected while in game and now the recors seems updated !

Anybody confirm this ?

Glaciuscreations
6th October 2008, 06:20 PM
scoreboards are working for me to :D

glac

eLhabib
6th October 2008, 07:47 PM
They seem to have updated the data up to a certain point in time, but the records I did this afternoon are still not on. Is there maybe a set time each day when it updates the whole heap?

Glaciuscreations
6th October 2008, 07:52 PM
i think the records take 24hours to update mate, check back 2morrow ;)

glac

Rubix42
7th October 2008, 04:52 AM
Yeah this is definitely working much better now. The sad part is that I am no longer top 10 on every board. Looks like I need to start working for it. :rolleyes:

Syntek
7th October 2008, 06:09 AM
OMG someone got 96 zones in anulpha pass LOL?

Larikun
7th October 2008, 06:42 AM
Yeah, that would be me Syntek, and god it's a headache lol

Syntek
7th October 2008, 09:24 AM
mpressive! and i thought my 83 would stand strong. time to beat another record. :dizzy

DrTrouserPlank
7th October 2008, 09:25 AM
Yesterday the servers went down for about 30mins, after which the scoreboards were updated, but also records seem to upload to the table within a few minutes. I hope this continues so that i can finally get some TT's and SL's done.

TearsToShreds
7th October 2008, 09:45 AM
Wow, Larikun, that is really impressive! Thumbs up. I'm pretty sure some crazy person will get over 100 soon. =D

Asayyeah
7th October 2008, 10:19 AM
Larikun you are the man !!
Incredible zone 96 !
I have a question does the speed go faster or do you think passed 70 it's pretty much the same?

Gavin_
7th October 2008, 10:25 AM
I noticed a clear difference between zone 70 and 75. I can cope with the speed of zone 70 more or less but supersonic is still a bit too fast. So wonder what 96 is like! :D

Larikun
7th October 2008, 10:34 AM
The speed continues to increase with the # of zones you go through, so yes even at zone 96 the speed is still getting higher. I just need to get my zone record to 100, I've been to 99 but alas my score wasn't higher than my 96 one so...

eLhabib
7th October 2008, 12:13 PM
I guess you are doing your zone records on Anulpha - could you time how long it takes to complete 1 lap at, say, zone 90?

Larikun
7th October 2008, 12:38 PM
I'd have to have someone standing next to me while doing it to time it, sadly I don't have anyone to do it... though I am looking for a way to record video from the ps3 so I can show people how I do what I do, well it may not be a "how" but at least showing them that I do it. Gonna try a run right now and try to time this in my head, only option I can think of.

Eh it's around 10-11 seconds or so to complete a lap at 90-91 ish. Sorry for not having a solid time, but I don't have someone next to me with a stopwatch at those speeds, though I'm fairly certain I was counting correctly in my head.

Virtical
7th October 2008, 12:51 PM
jesus man, youre a MACHINE, good work!

Gavin_
7th October 2008, 12:51 PM
Videotape your monitor with a digicam and hit Youtube? That's how I did it to show someone.

Zone 66 is about 14 seconds here so you're quite right with 10-11. Amazing. :)

Axel
7th October 2008, 12:54 PM
Nice work dude. Good to see the records are working again. Time to wok on my speed lap records as thats what i'm mainly going for :)

Larikun
7th October 2008, 12:54 PM
Alas I don't have a digicam and I don't see me buying one anytime soon, no real use for it besides... well wipeout lol.

lunar
7th October 2008, 12:58 PM
it's around 10-11 seconds or so to complete a lap at 90-91 ish.

:dizzy Amazing stuff, Larikun :clap

eLhabib
7th October 2008, 01:01 PM
wow, that's... err... fast! nice job!

Larikun
7th October 2008, 02:15 PM
Speaking of fast, I think Mad's gonna be ... :brickwall once he sees my new Sol 2 time :evil

Axel
7th October 2008, 02:16 PM
LOL Larikun, your causing a upset. I'm loving it. It's time to push ourselves to the limit. I haven't been TT'ing too much. But am I right in saying that you guys are performing BR's to get most of your times?

Flashback Jack
7th October 2008, 02:18 PM
Sounds like I've got my work cut out for me.

I shall overcome. ;)

- F

love9sick
7th October 2008, 05:04 PM
The speed continues to increase with the # of zones you go through, so yes even at zone 96 the speed is still getting higher. I just need to get my zone record to 100, I've been to 99 but alas my score wasn't higher than my 96 one so...

You are crazy my friend, I reach zone 30 and I begin to look like a pinball bouncing around the table on the track :dizzy.

Hellfire_WZ
7th October 2008, 05:56 PM
That man is the new Zone legend :clap

Gavin_
7th October 2008, 06:16 PM
He IS the Zone.

I gave up zoning on Anulpha Pass after seeing Larikun's record on that track. So I went for the records on Sebenco Climb, Ubermall and Sol 2. First one that gets 100 on one of those receives a pony from me. :D

trk_rkd
7th October 2008, 06:19 PM
96? What's the cheat code? Up up down down left right left right B A? :)

That's pretty stonking though, amazing stuff. I basically whig out as soon as I hit mach 1.

Lance
7th October 2008, 06:23 PM
Back on topic please, gentlemen. This is a thread about the problems experienced with record updates on the official Sony race records table, nOt the place to report or discuss latest times of individual racers.

The problem with those tables seems to be getting resolved. Please report any further failures here.

PFC_Piranha
7th October 2008, 07:43 PM
Yep at last the records seem to be updating. Not instantly but if I set a new record it usually shows up a few hours later or in some cases the next day.

Good job SL :beer

Time for some record smashing..

DrTrouserPlank
7th October 2008, 09:50 PM
Yup, still seems to be updating within an hour for me. Finally I can start playing this game for the reason I bought it.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Flashback Jack
7th October 2008, 09:53 PM
..for the reason I bought it.

You bought it for to compete on the record tables?

Well, for your sake, I hope you do well. ;)

- F

DrTrouserPlank
7th October 2008, 10:05 PM
It could be worse, I could have bought it for the trophies like so many others.

TT's rock and the main game isnt that long anyway. Most of my playtime on a game like this would go into TT's etc.

Roz
7th October 2008, 10:07 PM
Although I now many records on the tables, some of them still are outdated. I still have better times on my personal table than I have on global.

DrTrouserPlank
7th October 2008, 10:09 PM
One big problem is that if you get signed out of PSN, then go to XMB and sign in again, the game won't upload any times after you have signed in; you have to quit the game and restart it. Very annoying if you get signed out whilst doing speed laps and you haven't "banked" your hot-laps. Happened to me several times.

love9sick
7th October 2008, 10:28 PM
Ouch, the above is very true. I was doing speed laps and had a great record set, I decided to finish 99 laps since it will earn me that trophy. Only to at lap 83 get signed out. None of my scores were uploaded.

GameKyuubi
8th October 2008, 12:37 AM
Ohohoho. Time to start playing again.

Crob
8th October 2008, 09:04 AM
None of my scores were uploaded.

Any times not posted (due to being offline or disconnected) should go up the next time you go to Records on the main menu (when it says synchronising) - posts take at least 15 minutes to appear on the leaderboard. If they haven't appeared yet, try this.

DrTrouserPlank
8th October 2008, 09:10 AM
Ahhhh... I did notice I got the "syncronising" message when I went to the record afterwards; I wondered why I didn't always get that.

Larikun
8th October 2008, 09:15 AM
I've tried several times to get one of my Time Trial times to update, however it just simply won't do it, it's a Sebenco Climb Time Trial, Phantom Speed Class, the time sits on my personal records, but it apparently hasn't been updated online.

I wouldn't think much of this, but I've recently beaten a record of my own and it updated properly (Both a Time Trial record and a Speed Lap record) but this particular one won't update.

The time shown in the record tables is 2:00.14, my personal list shows my #1 time as 1:59.98. It's not necessarily a vast improvement, but I'm curious as to why I can't get this updated, anyone else experiencing a similar issue with their time trials (or anything else really) not being updated? I mean for me it's just one track and one time trial.

TONY-T
8th October 2008, 09:45 AM
My buddy AHH-QUADZZILLA seems to be ripping through the speedlap times section. though im sure there are plenty of guys who havent got there ghots uploaded yet, heh.

Skvall
8th October 2008, 10:15 AM
As I understand it the records are updating again. But does this mean that all our records from the release to now is updated to the tables?

DrTrouserPlank
8th October 2008, 07:08 PM
It seems that way.

love9sick
13th October 2008, 09:43 PM
Yea uh, it still doesn't always update. I have records under personal that are better than what is listed under global and even more annoyingly under friends who think they are faster than me on this track even though my score of 4 seconds faster than them is simply just not listed. Boooooooo:bomb

maelgrim
20th October 2008, 12:16 AM
Yep definitely still problems.
Records I set 3 days ago are not yet in the global list.
Yet records I set 1 day ago are.
Very very annoying.

Is there a way to force a sync ?

Darkdrium777
20th October 2008, 01:06 AM
You can try going to the "Records" tab.

maelgrim
20th October 2008, 03:21 AM
That does nothing.
Before 1.10 it would sometimes say "synchronising" when exiting the records tab but I haven't seen it since.

so I have the same problem love9sick has in that friends looking at some tracks see really old records of mine or in same cases none at all.

trentdf
20th October 2008, 07:28 AM
ummmmmmmmmmm...how do you upload?:redface: im such a noob, only got a ps3 2 days ago...

and also, the times in my records all say "PLAYER", unless i set the record online, then it says trentdf (and i can check my global pos). any way to change the name PLAYER to trentdf?

Asayyeah
20th October 2008, 02:31 PM
It's updating TT & speedlap very quickly ( 1 hour or less) : the problem comes from SR & multiplayer records with delay of few days.

maelgrim
21st October 2008, 05:13 AM
Its pretty random
4 days later & my TT has gone up - yay - though TTs I did yesterday only took a couple of hours.
& I am still waiting on a single race from 4 days ago & another from yesterday.

maelgrim
23rd October 2008, 03:37 AM
Well 1 week later & SR time still not up.
Yet SR times ive set in the last 2 days are.

If a game like super stardust can get it right surely SL can ?

Darkdrium777
23rd October 2008, 12:59 PM
I've got some times that are better than the global #1 yet they won't upload, I've got to beat the #1 time once more to get the second better time to upload, the first one still won't, which sucks since my second one is usually worse than the first one.

JABBERJAW
24th October 2008, 03:10 PM
my multiplayer race record is getting recorded for me as my single race record as well, so single race has no legit times for me to see, for my personal page. Does anyone else see this problem. I'm going online right now to check if it is right on the global section

Asayyeah
24th October 2008, 07:02 PM
When you are offline and checking your records, at the screen where you select the track : they mix your multiplayer score you did and the SR offline one.
When you are connected online you can see through the records menu the new multiplayer tab : check SR and multiplayer racetimes they are different.

That means online everything is fine but offline nope

Solution : old very useful technique aka white paper with columns and lines and write your scores or an Exel / Calc WipeoutSheet would be perfect ( very useful for me when i am offline from sunday night till friday afternoon :) : i can have 'time-targets' to shoot)

Best solution : SL future patch :p

klax75
1st November 2008, 11:33 AM
Anyone else having this problem, when I look at my records offline I am listed as my own friend. :/ So I see a lot of my scores twice, then the World Record.

trentdf
3rd November 2008, 05:14 AM
i think that's just to tell you you're the best out of your friends, be proud :D

JABBERJAW
4th November 2008, 06:12 PM
Is the network running like crap right now? I cannot check anything, and there is a new spectate feature, that appears, then dissapears apparently. I just wanted to check the top TT race times for uber mall if anyone could help, and is not having the same problems I am.

chboing
4th November 2008, 07:00 PM
cant connect at all atm for me
Records or multiplayer ... no way to get in ...

Zackdem
5th November 2008, 01:37 PM
Same for me yesterday around 18pm, but it was ok when I try again around 11pm. But my records aren't updating since 1 week...

blackwiggle
14th November 2008, 05:03 PM
Well I saw that REUBEN had posted [and had thread locked] about getting first on all 16 tracks for the arcade perfect trophy and not getting it.

And he's right,it's just happened to me.

I made a grid up listing all tracks and ticked them off as I got 1st,I thought I might have a problem with one as I came equal first so I did it again and won out right.....still no trophy.

Also a LOT of my times have not been updated and they were run over a week ago,yet ones I have done in the last few days have.

If I go look at my personal times they differ from the global ones.

Could somebody [preferably from SL] please explain why there was/is nothing to notify ones progress through the arcade perfect trophy,especially when it is probably one of, if not the hardest trophy to win?

It's not as if it was a hidden achievement to attain.

One very annoyed WO HD player.

chboing
14th November 2008, 06:09 PM
sure you won all races in Racebox mode ?
cause i thought my gold medals in last grid would count for this trophy, and they didnt, i had to do all 8 forward races again in racebox mode

blackwiggle
14th November 2008, 10:26 PM
I am absolutely certain that I did all 16 tracks elite-phantom-racebox.

I've been going through the game methodically ,first campaign,then elite campaign and then lastly racebox for arcade perfect.

I was doing it that way so all I needed was to do the zone trophies lastly.

As I mentioned before,I knew there was no way to know ,other than to write them down on paper,which tracks I had completed.

So that's exactly what I did.

And no trophy and no way of knowing WHY!

Darkdrium777
14th November 2008, 10:39 PM
Hmm that's weird but if I remember correctly I think I experienced something similar. Now it's the week-end so try beating all the tracks in one sitting :O This should get you the trophy for sure.

blackwiggle
14th November 2008, 10:41 PM
I suppose I have no choice but to do that very thing and have started already.

blackwiggle
15th November 2008, 03:52 AM
Well a bit of lateral thinking sorted that out.

And a heads up for anybody else that has been denied this trophy when they know they have got 1st on all tracks.

For some reason that will forever be a mystery why the records differ, and why it would effect getting the Arcade Perfect trophy I have no idea.
[Well I do,:When finishing a race and before going to the next, wait for the little disc update icon to finish it's thing,it seems it's not just turning off your console while it's doing it's thing you have to worry about,being impatient seems to effect record keeping as well :naughty:naughty]

If you check your personal times and compare them against what is recorded in the global times you might notice that some have not updated.

I did this and found 5 that differed in Phantom,so I re raced those against the Elite AI in Racebox and after the last win....BING....up came the Arcade Perfect Trophy.

Glad that's finally sorted.

Axel
15th November 2008, 08:16 AM
Nice find. But I have been away from the game for over three weeks and have sychronised my times twice since then. I still find that my times are not correct. I know it's been quiet from the boys at SL lately, but is there still something wrong with the time servers?

blackwiggle
16th November 2008, 09:26 AM
My times are not correct either,and after waiting this long for them to update I think it is not going to happen.

I feel sorry for KIGO1987, as he should be holding number 1 on Moa Therma by at least a second, but due to it not updating it's showing his previous best which is 3 sec slower.....OUCH!

maelgrim
17th November 2008, 08:00 PM
Yep the times are screwed.
I have found that if it doesn't update within a couple of hours - you can kiss that time good bye.
Which really sucks and has ruined it for a number of friends - we used to enjoy comparing times etc - but now no point.