PDA

View Full Version : WipEout HD Fury Offical Issue Report - PS3 ONLY

Lance
1st October 2008, 05:40 PM
Report bugs in HD in the standard format shown below. Your expanded explanations and comments on the bug are to follow the standard list of your hardware and software configurations at the time when the error occurs. It may useful to developers in attempts to correct the bugs in the present or future versions of the game.

All posts not following the standard format will be deleted.
This thread is Only for bug reports, not for multiple users to discuss the reported issues.

This thread is an HD version of the one we have for Pulse. If you have suggestions for additional conditions relevant as possible causes of bugs, please send them to me in PM; I will edit the standard list in this opening post as necessary.

Title (a brief description of the issue)

Frequency (how many times you have experienced it)

Step by step guide (a run through of exactly what happened prior to the issue, explained in the simplest manner)

Result (The issue itself, what happened afterwards and what you did to try to fix the problem ie quitting back to the main menu.)

Online or Offline (where you signed into PSN at the time?)

PSN ID (Your PSN ID )

lunar
1st October 2008, 06:20 PM
Game downloaded from EU Store
Firmware 2.41
Custom Soundtrack On
40gb PAL region PS3
(Original HDD replaced with Western Digital 250gb)
Motion control pitch only

Rapier time trial on Sol 2 in Campaign Mode, on first lap when sideshifting across the second speed pad, turbo symbol faded out and disapeared, and turbo was unavailable for rest of first lap. This kept repeating itself on race restarts. Going back to the grid and reloading cured the problem for the next race, but it returned periodically after that. This also happened periodically on a Moa Therma Flash TT in racebox.

I have also seen a tournament points bug, with the same configuration as above, but this has already been noted:

original post discussing tournament points bug (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98801&postcount=11)

captain howdy
2nd October 2008, 03:53 AM
Game region version: NTSC (presumably? I bought it from the American PSN store)
Firmware version: 2.42
Console version and harddrive size: 80 GB w/ PS2 backwards compatibility (MGS4 bundle)
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes (more on this later)
Controller type: DualShock 3 (currently playing with analog sticks+motion control pitch only)

I've noticed a couple of minor repeating online bugs.

No. 1: On two separate occasions, the host of online games has been locked out from making any decisions other than leaving the game. That is, they can't change the track or start the game, they are only left with the option to quit. The first time this happened, the host I was playing with had to quit, which effectively made me the host. As soon as I was made host, the problem carried to me, so it looks like the entire room got locked. The second time this happened, about a day later, it was a few races after I was hosting my own room.

No. 2: There have been a few instances where, while loading a new track, the load animation would chug a little. Upon starting the new track, voice chat and music were disabled, leaving only SFX. There are a few variables that might have contributed to this.

Opening/closing the XMB while the game is loading (which I do often to send and reply to messages between races)
Enabling "shuffle mode" for custom soundtracks rather than "sequential" (I have since changed it back to sequential)
People trying to use voicechat while the game is loading (though I can only offer this as a secondhand observance -- I don't use voicechat myself)
Now, this happened to me three times in one night in the same room. The first time it happened, I quit from the room, quit the game, and re-entered. The second two times, music would reappear at the start of the next racetrack while voicechat sometimes wouldn't pop up again until after a couple of minutes had passed in the lobby (I would see the little voicechat icon appear dozens of times as if people were talking to one another, but I couldn't hear anything). Other contributing factors could be:

Every time this happened, it was during a tournament.
I seem to remember at least two instances of this occuring at Chengou Project.

No. 3: Less specifically, the game froze at the beginning of a few online races. I don't have 50+ online friends (the first time it froze, I only had three). I haven't really noticed a pattern to when this happens, but it's very infrequently. When it does happen, though, it's serious. There's nothing I can do to quit out of it but shut down the PS3 by the back power switch.

fusionfrenzy
2nd October 2008, 01:42 PM
Game region version: PAL
Firmware version: 2.41
Console version and harddrive size: PAL 40GB (GT5P Bundle. No PS2 B/C)
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes
Controller type: Sixaxis, Motion Controls Off

Recently I was racing online, and hit the PS button out of boredom during a "Loading Race" screen. That was a bad idea. I pressed it again to return to the loading screen, which then chugged a lot and slowed right down. Eventually, it did load, but on the start grid (Chenghou Project), everyone's ships except mine rose up, then went. The "3-2-1" then started, and I went about 30 seconds later! It was like my game was in the past compared to everyone else's.

....still came 2nd in that race though :)

Virtical
2nd October 2008, 03:06 PM
Console version and harddrive size: 40 GB w/o PS2 compatibility (MGS4 bundle)
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: No
Controller type: DualShock 3 (D-pad & pitch motion controls)
Track: Multiple

In Speed lap mode on a couple of different tracks now, at any point in race, the game will quit to the main menu, menu music will play but the HUD will stay on screen also, over top of the menu, it will also shake periodically (presumably when my ship hits a wall or something), selecting any of the menu options causes the game to crash and i have to hard reboot to recover, only happened 3 times, if it repeats ill remember to get a photo with my phone :o

meanalf
2nd October 2008, 07:18 PM
Game region version: EU
Firmware version: 2.43
Console version and harddrive size: 500 gig sammy (60gig original)
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: no
Controller type:dualshock 3 (motion off)
Options settings: none
Track [if any] where error occurs:all
Online/Offline: both

Continuous stuttering/skipping of ingame music

Mad-Ice
3rd October 2008, 05:45 AM
Game region version [EU or what]: EU
Firmware version: 2.41
Console version and harddrive size: 40GB GTP5 pack
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes
Controller type: DS3
Options settings: Motion control pitch only
Track [if any] where error occurs: Chenghou Project
Online/Offline: Offline Race Campaign, SR weapons on

I was not able to preform BRs all the time, even on the big jump where I got enough time to hit the d-pad in the right way. Some worked, a lot didn't.

Too bad this isn't solved, we have seen it in Pure in Pulse and now in HD!

eLhabib
3rd October 2008, 01:27 PM
They do feel a little inconsistent, yes. Sometimes I am absolutely sure I did the movement correctly, and it just won't do a roll. Can't say 100% sure that it's not due to lazy input.

Here's another very strange bug I have:

Console version and harddrive size: 80GB newest model
Custom soundtrack: yes
Track [if any] where error occurs: all
Online/Offline: online only

As soon as I sign in to the online servers, the word PRESS appears at the upper right corner of my screen. I reduced the screen size in the options to see if there was anything else, and there indeed was: PRESS SELECT TO... (rest was offscreen). When I pressed select, something resembling a debug menu appeared, then the PS3 froze. I got pretty scared and did a hard reset. Now it appears everytime I log onto online, it even stays there during a race (layering right on top of the position display of the HUD). Needless to say I don't dare pressing select anymore...

Lance
3rd October 2008, 04:26 PM
I repeat from the starter post:

All posts not following the standard format will be deleted.
This thread is Only for bug reports, not for multiple users to discuss the reported issues.

Confirmations and requests for further data about a specific report may be made via PMs.
Multiple reports of a specific bug justify starting a separate thread for discussion of that bug if a thread for it does not already exist.

Yes, I know I'm a curmudgeonly hard-ass. :g

Asymeel
3rd October 2008, 09:58 PM
Game region version: PAL (French)
Console version and harddrive size: PAL 60GB (first model)
Controller type: DualShock 2 Sixaxis
Bluetooth: Nokia BH-102
View: Inside by default
Screen resolution: 96%
drinving assistance: No
HUD style: HD
Control settings: Default
Custom soundtrack: Yes
Track: Moa Therma reverse
Race type: Single race
Online: Yes

Bug description :
I was playing online with on Moa Therma online with maybe 6 or 7 players.
In the first lap, i had leech beam but I was unable to use it and it was not in HUD but i still had the blue power ball at the front of the ship.
I tried to change view (i was inside by default) but it did not change anything.
I was able to get other weapons and use them normally.
I had this blue ball during all the race.
I did not have it in the next race.

Rubix42
4th October 2008, 12:44 PM
Game region version: US
Console version and harddrive size: 60gb unit from first year
Controller type: Six axis
Options settings: HD Hud, Motion off, custom control settings, PA off
Track [if any] where error occurs: Moa Therma, Online lobby
Online/Offline: Online

I was playing on Moa Therma last night, activated the voice chat, and the game locked up for about 10 seconds. It came back on, and I was in the same place, everyone on the course had zoomed by, 1st to 6th because I pressed one button. Also, next time I pressed the voice chat button (back in the lobby) the same thing happened, the game just stopped working completely.

Second issue I am having is that if you pull up the XMB to check messages while the game is loading, it also slows everything way down. Sometimes getting stuck and you get a delayed start to the race.

Third issue being added. My game skips and chugs when tracks flip over on the games soundtrack. Funnily enough, this does not happen with my custom soundtrack. I use the function that picks up right where you left off at the end of a race, so the music is starting from where it stopped on a new race (forget the name at the moment.

Darkdrium777
4th October 2008, 09:46 PM
I.

Console version and harddrive size: 60GB NTSC
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes, sequential, volume set to 0% at the time though
Controller type: Dualshock 3
Options settings: Motion set to pitch only, all sensitivities at 100%, airbrakes and chat/look back buttons reversed (1s for brakes, 2s for the others)
Track [if any] where error occurs: Vineta K
Online/Offline: Online Phantom Single race

First lap was not even completed. Coming up the last bend, I activate a shield and look back, the console froze immediately after I pressed the look back buttons.

II.

Track [if any] where error occurs: Everywhere
Online/Offline: Online All modes

Weapon pads appear to be activated and have a pickup ready (Glowing red), but when you pass over them nothing comes up. Multiple people with whom I have played have had this problem. Is not related to hosting, as it has happened when I joined the game someone else hosted.

Syntek
6th October 2008, 07:55 AM
Game region version [EU or what]: US
Console version and harddrive size: 80GB Motorstorm Bundle (July 2007 Manufactured)
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes and No
Controller type: Dual Shock 3
Options settings: Motion Off, Acceleration 10%, Air brakes 100%, Game Screen 100%, Control buttons default.
Track [if any] where error occurs: Any
Online/Offline: Offline

I think the picture is self explanitory. Elite AI, Flash speed. (tried with the other speed settings as well)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/Altrez/WipEOutHD/th_wohd_20081006_003341jpg.jpg (http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h153/Altrez/WipEOutHD/wohd_20081006_003341jpg.jpg)

Fix the AI on elite settings. That is ridiculous. Mind you, I was running a perfect race with barely any crashing and avoided bombs and mines with the shield. The picture of the boost was my 5th, yes, 5th one and the AI still managed to get 7.4 seconds ahead of me? This isn't the first time it's happened either.

Shozovulnai
8th October 2008, 06:54 PM
Console version and harddrive size: PAL 40GB
Controller type: Normal
Track [if any] where error occurs: Don't remember anymore

I was online racing a tournament when halfway through the tournament I came first and got more than eight points which screwed up the record board and made the whole tournament kinda pointless since I was first with fixed points. I won most of the races, lost maybe two too. And after the tournament somebody sent me a message and called me a cheater. :(

Yeah, Elite difficulty could be tuned to be a bit more softer, since it cheats all the time and winning it needs times that are Top 10 Global quality. Sebenco Climb Phantom Elite is a total killer. Nobody can drive perfect lines like those! (well, maybe some guys from this board, but it's a special exception)

Paradoxx
9th October 2008, 07:34 AM
Game region version [EU or what]:EU
Console version and harddrive size: 60Go

Brightness after a bomb.

When a bomb explodes, it produces a gfx and the increasing of the brighteness... The bug is that when you are killed by a bomb, and if you restart the same track (more visible on Sol 2), the brighteness stays high. The only way to move the gfx is to go back to the menu and then restart the track.

Lance, see the screenshots in your PM.

Lance
9th October 2008, 01:24 PM
I do not need to see the screenshots since I don't work for Sony and do not need them for analysis of the problem. A link to one or two carefully selected photos would be what the people who work on the game could find useful.

Darkdrium777
10th October 2008, 04:27 AM
Complementary information about the ''Press Select'' bug.

Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes, sequential, volume 100%
Options settings: Motion to pitch 100%, airbrake 100%, accel 10%
Track [if any] where error occurs: Menu and in-game

This bug has appeared after I have added friends, to get over the 50 friends. Prior to that, it was not happening. After, when I finished accepting everyone, I signed back online on WipEout HD and the bug immediately occurred. Of course selecting one of the options immediately froze the console. Pressing the ''Back'' button was fine though. So this seems to be tied to how many friends you have...

Darkdrium777
11th October 2008, 02:52 AM
Game region: US
Game version: 1.10
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Yes, sequential, volume set to 100%
Options settings: Tags on, camera internal, motion to pitch 100%, accel 10%, airbrakes 100%.
Track [if any] where error occurs: N/A
Online/Offline: Online Tournament

The point bug is still present. After I updated I jumped into a Phantom tournament on seven tracks, and I lost 43 to 49 despite having won all the races with at least a 5 second lead. It started with eight people playing, and five left, either because they noticed the bug too, or because I was beating them sometimes with a full lap.

eLhabib
11th October 2008, 08:36 AM
Console version and harddrive size: 80GB newest model
Track [if any] where error occurs: not track related
Online/Offline: online only

I create a new game online, some people enter. Others (in that case 'haymister') are strangely unable to even see my game on the list.

I'm in another person's lobby (in that case 'kanar'). I leave the lobby, meanwhile people who previously couldn't see my lobby (in that case 'haymister') enter the lobby. I try to re-enter the lobby, but it gives me an error message, even though there still were free spots.

I remember similar problems from xLink sessions on Pure - some people just seemed to be incompatible, couldn't see each other.

blackwiggle
12th October 2008, 03:35 AM
Game region version: Australia/PAL
Console version and harddrive size: 60GB original model
Custom soundtrack: no
Controller type: sixaxis normal
Options settings: Default
Track [if any] where error occurs: not track related
Online/Offline: online only.
Latest WO game patch installed.

Same as elhabib's problem.

I create a game online for an 8 player tournament with friends filter applied and 2 others cannot see it on the board.
This has happened on 5 different occasions and with 7 different friends.
I messaged the ones that could not see the race on the board to host the tournament instead.
Once that was done everybody could see it on the board.
Seems to happen to certain friends all the time,others immune from the problem.

rushin
13th October 2008, 12:41 PM
Console version and harddrive size: 40gb with a new hdd
Options settings: n/a
Track [if any] where error occurs: n/a

someone quit, or otherwise disconnected between race being started from lobby and everyone sitting on grid. their tag was renamed to "NULL POINTER..." something or other and sat on start/finish for duration of race. Happened twice yesterday, both in tournaments i think

captain howdy
15th October 2008, 07:20 PM
Game region version: NTSC
Firmware version: 2.50
Console version and harddrive size: 80 GB w/ PS2 backwards compatibility (MGS4 bundle)
Controller type: DualShock 3

The game froze during the results screen as I was opening a message in XMB. Had to restart the PS3 (this time via the touch-power button, not the back switch).

Opening the XMB in between races seems to cause a lot of problems in general, but without voicechat, it's the only way to communicate with people.

rejj
19th October 2008, 01:09 AM
Game region version [EU or what]: AUS
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.10
Console version and harddrive size: 40gb
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: sometimes yes, sometimes no
Controller type: dualshock 3
Options settings: default
Track [if any] where error occurs: all (in menus)
Online/Offline: online, technically?

"Friends" mode on any of the leaderboards does not show anyone in my friends list, even though I know a few of them have wipeout hd. It only shows my own times.

My friends have reported the exact same problem, none of them see anyone else either -- just themselves.

kaori
20th October 2008, 04:15 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.10
Firmware version: 2.50 and 2.42
Console version and harddrive size: EU 40 Go
Controller type: Sixaxis or DS3
Options settings: whatever
Online/Offline: online

During the tournaments, if a player is disconnected, voluntarily or not at the end of a race, for displaying results, he becomes last in the race, get points in the last place, and all players finished behind him earn a place and steal the player's previous time record!

captain howdy
20th October 2008, 06:08 PM

I had just started a race in campaign mode (specifically, the single race Anulpha Pass at Meltdown [phantom class]) and as soon as I crossed the finish line from my starting position to begin the first lap, the game instantly crashed to the main menu screen. Except, it was as if the game was straddling both the menu screen and the race at the same time. I could hear both the main menu music and music from my custom soundtrack. I could see the race HUD imposed over the menu. If I pressed left on the controller, the main menu option would scroll to the left choice and the HUD would angle slightly to the left, as if I were still racing a ship.

I tried selecting Racebox, just to see what would happen, and the graphics froze (the music continued). I couldn't give input from the controller, so I ended up shutting down the PS3 by holding my finger over the touch-power button at the front of the console for a few seconds.

Earlier in the thread, "Virtical" has said that they encountered this problem three times, except in that case it seemed to be associated with Speed Lap events.

Darkdrium777
20th October 2008, 09:29 PM
Options settings: Tags on, camera external close, motion to pitch 100%, accel 10%, airbrakes 100%.
Track [if any] where error occurs: ALL
Online/Offline: Online ALL MODES

WHY IS IT THAT IF WE AVOID A BOMB WITH A TEN METER DISTANCE IT STILL BLOWS UP ON US???!!! :mad:
That is ****ing ridiculous, and it pisses me off so much (Actually quit a race right now because of it)
FIX IT!

captain howdy
21st October 2008, 04:36 AM

Actually, the above report reminds me: I've passed straight through dozens of bombs in HD without them going off. I especially notice it when playing online. I don't know why exactly, but I've made it by a lot of them knowing full well that they should have gone off.

On second thought, maybe this is one bug I shouldn't report...

Darkdrium777
23rd October 2008, 12:21 AM
Options settings: Tags on, camera external close, motion to pitch 100%, accel 10%, airbrakes 100%.
Track [if any] where error occurs: All tracks, but this specific instance on Chengou Project Reverse

The screenshots speak for themselves so I will just explain what I did in order to obtain them.

So there I am racing on Phantom in Racebox as usual trying to get a good single race time to improve my online ranking and I am in critical need of energy, so I come up the final magstrip before the finish line on Chengou Project Reverse, which has a X > X setup (Weapon-Speed-Weapon pads), I pick up the first weapon, absorb it immediately after and it seems some sort of timing thing happened when I passed the second pad: I heard the beep, the leech beam effect came up, but the weapon's icon did not. So there I was, with a useless leech beam at the front of my ship. I thought: if I get another weapon it might get rid of it, either by just picking it up or firing it or absorbing it, but no. The sucker (Literally and figuratively speaking :D) stayed there, so by the end of the fourth lap I had picked up a quake and decided to do screenshots of this bug, one with the quake in the weapon slot that clearly shows something is wrong, and then one when I absorb it. These are the first two sequential screenshots.
After, this is when I decided to do some extensive testing: I went under the ''bridge'' in the little tunnel section after the section with no walls (Before the infamous slanted turn, which is flattened in Reverse mode), it has two weapon pads next to each other so I could very easily sideshift between them, picking up various powerups. Well, I stayed there for a few minutes (As evidenced by the last lap time), and every single power up BUT the leech came up. Somehow, the fact that I had only the effect showing prevented me from ever obtaining a ''second leech''. I got a few quakes though, and I fired them off for the fun of it, which is when I noticed the SECOND bug. When the quake passes on top of the tunnel, the effect still shows on the bottom section, but it weirdly goes sideways, from one wall to the other wall. It doesn't do any damage, so that's good, however it still affects the driving of the ship, because the ship goes up and down with the sideways wave, and I can only imagine what would happen if someone actually drove at Phantom speed on that small bump, they would inevitably hit the roof of the tunnel, as I was getting quite close myself without even driving.
So, two bugs for the price of one, right? :D
Anyways, I did some testing on other tracks as well, and when you absorb a pickup just a little before passing onto another weapon pad, you will hear the second beep, but you will not get any pickup, and the weapon pad will turn off until it respawns. It seems this specific instance was me being lucky and getting the invisible leech when doing just that trick of absorbing a split second before the weapon pad, as I did not see it happen again later. I am sure however it would come up if you played there with it for a few minutes, but I was racing. ;)
So I guess there is some work to do on the weapon pads, if you could fix this issue, the Chengou Project ''sideways quake'' and since you'll be looking at the weapon pads anyways, try to find out a way to make all the pads work online (Because sometimes online, as I have mentioned before, you can drive over them when they are red but you will not get anything, not even a beep).
Thanks for reading.

Screenshots below:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7366/wohd20081021182128jpgas7.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wohd20081021182128jpgas7.jpg)http://img293.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/6150/wohd20081021182148jpglp0.th.jpg (http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wohd20081021182148jpglp0.jpg)http://img390.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5264/wohd20081021182712jpguf8.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wohd20081021182712jpguf8.jpg)http://img293.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Darkdrium777
1st November 2008, 04:34 PM
Track [if any] where error occurs: Sebenco Reverse

Hey it's me again. :D
I noticed this graphic thing while playing Zone (Obviously) on Sebenco Reverse: the textures seem misaligned. It does that for all colours, I just took the screenshots when it was gold because it was made more obvious. I don't know if it's possible for you guys to correct it, but anyways, just doing the job. It's after the first left turn at the start of the lap, before the zig-zag part going down into the cave. I think you know the spot ;) It's only on this specific part of the track. I checked on Sebenco Forward to see if it's there as well but it isn't.

EDIT: OK. Somehow you place a part of a track on top of the track? What for? I just noticed this because I went back and hugged the wall specifically to do this and umm... Well for whatever reason you placed this part of track on top of the real track, it doesn't really blend in properly. Firstly because of the misaligned equalizers but also because you can see ''both'' walls if you get close enough (The fake wall from the added part and the real wall under it).

EDIT2: Oh I see what you did there, it is also in Sebenco Reverse the normal race, but it is made less obvious because of the texture use. But if you stop there you clearly notice it. Can't you make it so that the flimsy walls of this added piece blend in more with the real slanted walls of the track, and use the correct textures to blend the whole piece in with the rest of the track? I realize you did this to smoothen out the jump, it works well for that but IMHO it needs some finalizing ;) We don't notice this part at high speed but when you stop you see that something is clearly wrong, well not wrong but just weird. ;)

Screenshots:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8272/wohd20081030201336jpghc3.th.jpg (http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wohd20081030201336jpghc3.jpg)http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7337/wohd20081030201356jpgvm5.th.jpg (http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wohd20081030201356jpgvm5.jpg)

Avenger2197
4th November 2008, 06:51 PM
Firmware: 2.50
Console and harddrive type: 60 GB NTSC
Custom Soundtrack: yes
Options: Motion off, accel. 50%, brakes 50%,camera ext. far
Track where error occured: Vineta K reverse

Report1: Basically the same bug as Darkdrium777 two posts above, along with an accompaniment to it. Certain ships(i.e. AG-SYS) skin colors change as a result of this bug. AG-SYS second skin is white w/ blue before the error, but after it is dark blue w/ white.O_o

Report 2: After completing the race at the main menu, I got up for a sec, certain it would go into demo mode upon my return, only this time the ships that fly around the W3O type ring at the menu were still on screen, with the sounds of the track being displayed in demo mode. The music was an amalgam of the menu tune and my soundtrack. Ultimately I had to reboot to clear it via the touch pad on the PS3.

seb
25th November 2008, 12:08 AM
Game region version [EU or what]:US
Game update number [downloaded fixes]:1.20
Firmware version:2.52
Console version and harddrive size:launch 60 (now has 160gig)
Custom soundtrack, yes or no:no
Controller type:dualshock white
Options settings:
Track [if any] where error occurs:sebenco
Online/Offline: offline

it s under racebox phantom, weapons on, 1 player, elite, with the assagai and chrome skin. at the start everything fine, countdown then go.
I do the speed start and airbrake plus i let go of the gas a little but take a very sharp turn close to the inside, onto the boost pad, do a barrel roll and all of a sudden i m number 7, and a feisar ship just appears from the sky (i swear this is true), sometimes from outside the first turn. then it always passes me with double speed on the 3rd corner like the computer is putting it back where it should be.
if i do it right this happens about 80% of the time.

Mad-Ice
25th November 2008, 05:32 AM
Firmware version: 2.52 with new patch 1.20
Console version and harddrive size: 40GB GTP5 pack
Track [if any] where error occurs: Sol2 Reverse
Online/Offline: Online, SR weapons on

Started 2nd on the grid with a superboost start, but before I launched everybody was long gone! All ships were ghosts, I was chasing the nr.1 for the final 2 laps and just before the finish I could pass him with a turbo. In the results it showed I finished with more than a second faster, while it should have been maybe 0.1 sec or something like that!

PS3 frooze when I pressed the PS-button to be able to write a message.

Connavar
25th November 2008, 10:49 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.20
Firmware version: 2.52
Console version and harddrive size: 60GB
Controller type: DS3 white
Options settings: camera far, no motion sensing, brakes remapped to L1/R1, accel 10%, brake 100%

Track [if any] where error occurs: lobby

1) 8 players joined an online lobby, the host was the 3rd person, and he was choosing a ship (because the ship logo wasn't shown), and well it remained like that for 3 minutes or more, then everyone decided to go, I thought it wouldn't happen anymore with the new patch, or is it possible to have online players without that patch? or a bug!

2) when messaging people while in the lobby, I have to push HOME obviously, then when the game starts, sometimes it's not possible to go back to the game, only way is to shut down the console

3) again when messaging people in the lobby and going back, it goes back but the colors are faded (meaning they are darker), and sometimes it fixes itself when i go to another menu, sometimes it stays that way forever, even when starting a game, so the only option is to quit the game

Reuben
10th December 2008, 07:53 PM
Game region version [EU or what]:EU
Game update number [downloaded fixes]:1.20
Firmware version:2.52
Console version and harddrive size:launch 60
Custom soundtrack, yes or no:yes
Controller type:dualshock
Options settings:
Track [if any] where error occurs:sebenco

I was the host, nothing wrong with my connection, racing with fiesar, first for the first lap, after compleating 4 more laps i realized i was now in 3rd place behind by 30 seconds. first lap = 22 seconds, second lap = 1.17.15, third lap = 22 seconds. i ended up doing 8 laps and still didnt finish the race.

Darkdrium777
17th December 2008, 04:10 AM
Game update version:1.20
Firmware version:2.53
Console version and hard-drive size:60GB NTSC
Options settings: Sequential playback, resumed playback, motion pitch, sentivity % to lowest.
Track [if any] where error occurs: All
Online/Offline: Offline, maybe online

When a ship is destroyed, the game lags. Enough said. :/

trentdf
21st December 2008, 05:04 AM
Game region version: PAL ?
Console version and hard-drive size:80GB PAL?
Track [if any] where error occurs: Several (chengou and sebenco specifically, but irrelevant [i think])

Major problem- sebenco- got hit by rockets before a weapon pad was passed. wondering what happened, until a couple of days later, when i started the race (chengou), with a shield. :S
Also had a prob on sol 2, where i wasnt having a bad race (not a good race though), and after a couple of laps where i was about 4 secs behind, the timer just sort of dissapears, comes back after another lap at about +1.47.22. Needless to say i lost the race :p

Darkdrium777
22nd December 2008, 05:03 AM
Options settings: Sequential playback, resumed playback, motion pitch, sentivity % to lowest.
Track [if any] where error occurs: NA

1. Consecutive shield activations make the second shield effective but invisible (You do hear the sound though).

2. I have managed to reproduce the unusable leech beam power-up glitch I talked about online, on Chengou Reverse still (It's the only track with X > X layout, so that may be why). It was cleared at the end of the race.

3. When selecting tracks for online races, sometimes the records indicated at the bottom will indicate under the "Team" category: "NULL_STRING_ID" or something similar.

freakcubus
22nd December 2008, 05:33 AM
Game update number: 1.20
Firmware version: 2.53
Console version and harddrive size: 80GB Core (August 2008)
Options settings: Standard
Track where error occurs: Frenzy (second row from left, middle cell)

While completing a race in campaign mode (Frenzy--second row from left, middle cell), the game WILL NOT grant me the medal I earned. I've finished a number of races in first place but for some reason the game will not give me a gold medal, or any medal for that matter! First, second, or third place - NO MEDAL. I tried switching skill levels, and the game still does not give me a medal for first, second, or third place.

I'm not sure if it only affects this specific cell since I can't progress far enough to find out. I tried re-downloading and re-installing the game, but the same thing happens. I even went as far as restoring my PS3...no dice.

I had my friend download the game on his PS3, and I re-played everything and still---the same thing happens. No medal is given out, the race just ends with me getting first place. So I know this has nothing to do with my PS3.

0mnipresence
3rd January 2009, 04:52 AM
Game region version: NTSC-J
Console version and harddrive size: CECHLOO CW 40gig
Online/Offline: Online/Offline

1.Custom soundtracks ripped at 320k are playable through the PS3's media player, but not through Wipeout HD. I changed the bitrate on said MP3s to 256k and they play just fine. Is this an error or a limitation of the custom soundtrack feature on the PS3? Should be addressed regardless.

2.Using the default Wipeout HD hud, player name shows up as Player and not my PSN ID. Seems entirely random, offline only.

Darkdrium777
10th January 2009, 12:53 AM
Game region version: Any
Game update number: Any
Firmware version: Any
Console version and harddrive size: Any
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: NA
Controller type: NA
Options settings: NA
Online/Offline: Speed Lap

Not a bug, rather an inconvenience (And it's really nitpicking). When you do BRs in Speed Lap, the energy decreases by 15% until you reach 20%. You can do that on Sebenco Reverse for example, keep chaining BRs for around 20 Laps (It may be less) and you'll reach the lowest point. Well at that point where it reaches the energy critical level, the alarm bell starts ringing, but immediately stops because of energy recovery. So you only hear the 'BE--' of the 'BEEP' and it's kind of distracting, because it's really loud. Don't know if you can rig it to get rid of the sound effect for Speed Lap only ;)
For now I'll just sit and let it restore.

loudogg
16th January 2009, 03:08 PM
Game region version: NTSC US
Console version and harddrive size: 80GB
Track where error occurs: Multiple races/levels

Will not award medals/points in races which display the racers' names/positions on the right side of the screen.

darkfaerytales
28th January 2009, 10:31 AM
Game update number: 1.26
Firmware version: 2.60
Console version and harddrive size: 40GB
Controller type: Sixaxis, motion control off
Track where error occurs: Ubermall ( forward )
Online/Offline: Offline, speed lap

suddenly during my race at ubermall with icaras the image on screen have turn into a fixed menu section image with the game HUD fused together and the soundtrack and sounds effects of playin' in background, the game have frozen this way and i cannot been able to exit game or restart anymore, i've to turn off my ps3, reset and restart the game

acrooklyn
30th January 2009, 09:12 PM
Game region version: ntsc USA
Console version & hard drive size: 80gb w/PS2 compability(motor storm bundle)
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes /480 songs
Controller type: Dualshock 3- settings currently at motion pitch only
Race type: online multiplayer(no access under the acrooklyn PS3 ID acc):cold

Major Bug Problem: I'm currently unable to access the WO HD online Network Multiplayer feature under my acrooklyn id account since friday Jan 23,09. I'm unable to reach the JOIN GAME lobby. Every time I try logging in all I get is "NETWORK ERROR. AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE LOGGING IN TO WIPEOUT HD SERVERS. THIS ACCOUNT IS ALREADY LOGGED IN. PLEASE WAIT A MOMENT AND TRY AGAIN" message(I'm still trying:naughty). All other features of the game are intact(racebox, campaign, records, custom soundtrack etc) except for online multiplayer access. NO WO HD save data profile has been lost. This is not a hoax, and I hope no one else experience this problem.

Its not my ps3 network settings because I'm able to play SF2 turbo hd remix with no problem online under the acrooklyn PS3 ID. I can access and play WO HD multiplayer online under a different PS3 ID on the same PS3. Can anyone of you fellow gentlemen Zoners please assist me with some suggestions or even Studio Liverpool contact information. Any assistance to free acrooklyn from this online restriction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ONE LOVE to all Zoners.

BARTgai
5th February 2009, 11:44 PM
Game Update number: 1.20
Console version & hard drive size: 80gb
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes / 22 songs
Track: Sebenco Climb (forward)
Race type: Offline Racebox

I was on the final lap of my race when a missile was shot at me. I quickly looked back and about two seconds after returning to normal view, my game froze with the missile sound looping and the music still playing normally. First time this has ever happened to me. :|

silverfoxy
9th February 2009, 10:35 AM
Game region version: Pal
Game Update number: 1.26
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: yes, 6 Cds
Track: Not applicable
Race type: not applicable

For the 2nd time since I have bought the game the saved game data has gone "corrupt" and has wiped all my campaign medals, all the tracks in racebox and all my personal times. My previous times are still there under "friend" data but it is like the game has reset itself to day 1.

This is very frustrating as its the 2nd time it has happened to me and it has meant going thru the campaign just to unlock the racebox events and the crafts such as Harimau, Icarus, Auricom and MIrage.

:frown:

Lance
10th February 2009, 06:38 PM
"Bug Reports, HD, standardised format. Report only, no discussion or replies."

This thread was made for use of the Studio Liverpool game developers and bug fixers. Please do not make posts that reply to or comment on the reports. Anything other than the bug reports themselves will be deleted. Please read the topic starting post for details on report content and format.

If you wish to notify the person who reported a bug that it has been fixed or that it has a workaround, please do so in a PM to them or start a topic explaining the workaround. A general topic for fixed WOHD bugs or found workarounds for them might be a good idea. There is also a discussion thread for HD online issues here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5235

guillaume
12th February 2009, 12:07 PM
Game Update number: most recent as of 12feb09 (1.26 I think)
Firmware version: most recent as of 12feb09 (2.60 I think)
Console version & hard drive size: 80gb (recent one, bundled with GT)
Controller type: Sixaxis
Track: Vineta K (forward)
Race type: Online Tournament

Press the rear-view button before crossing the finish line, release the button only once you've crossed the finish line. PS3 freeze, no way to open the XMB, have to switch off the PS3.
I don't know if it happens all the time (don't really wanna try, to be honest...)
I don't think the track matters, nor the fact that it was part of a tournament.
It doesn't happen offline though.

Darkdrium777
15th February 2009, 05:00 AM
Track where error occurs: All

First off I will start by saying that I should get some kind of award or some recognition. I mean seriously, I've got like ten bugs reported (now 11).

Yet [I]another bug with the Leech beam weapon.

Simply put: for some reason, whenever you pick a leech beam up, it won't lock on AT ALL on the people in front of you, only on the people at the back.
Picture and maybe video (If you don't mind the swearing, because I was sick of the AI BSing me, and then this bug happens again :mad:) coming soon.
And if the video ever comes, note that the second ship on which it didn't lock on was in front of me at the time I picked the leech beam up.

Damn. :/

EDIT: AND NOW 12.

Leech beam is the culprit again. Maybe it should be removed from the game, since it apparently works on a whim only?

Leech beam 'drain' effect skin overlay without actually being leeched. Pops up when the announcer warns about leech beam.
Pictures incoming as well.

stin
15th February 2009, 07:10 AM
Track: Not applicable
Race type: not applicable

While playing online, A host starts with other players in it, then music came up while awaiting for one player to get through, like loading, but never materialise then, back to menu as if nothing happened!, so I immediately left the game and move on to somebody else and everything went fine.

To me is strange!

stevie

Constrictor
20th February 2009, 11:19 PM
Track: Sebenco rev
Race type: Online/Phantom

This is more to document what happend. Don't think this will be reproduceable.

Right after the start, crowded by other pilots I got a Plasma on the first pad. Fine. On the straight with this slight chicane I fired it and what happened stunned me for a long time: My Plasma launched (don't know if it hit one of the other pilots) and shortly after it left the ship my LCD just showed static, no sound. WTF? First I thought my LCD died, than, after ~ 5 seconds the picture was back again. I was standing on the track down in the dip. Needed some more time to calm down again. The race was over after just 4 seconds ... But my LCD survived!

Darkdrium777
22nd March 2009, 12:30 AM
Firmware version:2.60
Options settings: Sequential playback, resumed playback, motion pitch, 10% [air/accel], 100% [motion]
Track where error occurs: Ubermall Reverse [ALL Tracks are possible]

+Guess what's not working now. :mad: Hint: it's mentioned in my previous post.

Coming back to say that I have reproduced it again (unwillingly). This time, it was COMPLETELY useless, except for absorption. It would not work on people in front, [I]or people in the back. EVEN AFTER THEY GOT OUT OF LINE OF SIGHT AND GOT BACK IN AGAIN (Ubermall split). This is far worse than a simple bug IMO. The whole weapon code for the item is broken completely.

The Missile has none of these issues, so why does this item do? AFAIK it's a lock on as well, why is it different code?

Yes, I do not mention what it is. Read the previous post I made here. :| So maybe you get the idea how broken it is.

Options settings: Sequential playback, resumed playback, motion pitch, 10% [air/accel], 100% [motion]
Track where error occurs: Ubermall Reverse [Elite]

+While testing out for the previous report (And getting eliminated in the process because I was not absorbing and because of the following glitch):

How is it that the same AI ship passing over weapon pads on the track gets the following power ups:
Mines. [I]Mines. Mines. Mines. Mines. Mines.
(Yes, SIX times. What are the odds of that?)
That's a whole friggin lap of Mines btw.

And I'm not mentioning the AI who got Mines and then Bomb. >.< (I guess I did though)

I was in eight place [Elite AI], testing out the lock on of the previous bug on the people that were at the back when I got the item I still won't mention so you read my previous post anyways.

[Bug count: 14]

Darkdrium777
10th April 2009, 09:29 PM
Game update version:1.30
Online/Offline: Offline and online

This mostly pertains to speed lap, although if you are really good and lucky, to ANY game mode, online or offline.

There is an missing respawn wall on Sebenco, which can be exploited on Sebenco Reverse. Particularly for Speed Lap, this allows times lower than 21 seconds! I have done 20.80 for the test, with very poor racing lines overall (I have not saved). This is not a shortcut like Ubermall or Chengou (Or other tracks), this is an exploit of a missing respawn zone.
No more details given. [I]Nobody needs to know how to do it other than Colin Berry (PM sent).

AnErare, I will ask you to not disclose the picture I have sent you. Thank you.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0574/wohd_20090410_171828.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0574/wohd_20090410_171828)

[Increment count: 15]

Sch@dows
20th April 2009, 08:56 AM
Game update number: 1.30
Firmware version: 2.70
Console version and harddrive size: 40GB (original HDD)
Custom soundtrack: NO
Options settings: 1 Player, Phantom, Weapons ON, Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control OFF
Track: Sebenco Climb ?
Online/Offline: Both

Bug description:
I started the game and tried to take part in an online tournament that has already begun. So I started the spectator mode on Sebenco Climb, but when the race finished loading, there was only a blank screen.
I quit the race with the /\ button, and quit the online mode to do a racebox race with the settings described in the header, and the game constantly displays the message a the center of the screen "Waiting for DarkVador" or something like that. I suppose that was the PSN account of some guy in the online event juste before. But there, I'm in a offline race, and the message doesn't disappear even after the race starts.

Quitting the race a restarting it (even with a different ship) doesn't delete the message (which doesn't appear in the menu).

Sch@dows
20th April 2009, 09:01 AM
Options settings: Meltdown campain, 8 races tournament (Phantom, Weapons ON) Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control OFF
Track: Sebenco Climb

Bug description:
During the race, I picked a leeching weapon so a light started to glow in front of my ship (normal). I absorbed the weapon and was hit by a missile at the same time. The weapon was absorbed, but the glowing light didn't disappear even when I picked another weapon (I didn't get another leeching weapon during the race).
The bug disappeared at the next race.

Asayyeah
20th April 2009, 09:44 AM
Console version and harddrive size: 80 Gb
Options settings: 1 Player, Phantom, Weapons ON, Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control only the pitch ON, 100% airbrakes, 80% pitch, 10% thrust, Internal view
Track: Chenghou reverse

Bug description:
Happended to me 2 nights ago : i was into a middle of a race with few WZ pilots, suddenly i respawned ( due to bloody mines :D ) but instead of ship being replaced on the track , i ve been throwing out from the race and stayed in the spectator mode :O that means i raced 2 laps normally and 3 laps to 'check' pilots race through the spec mode :O : hopefully at the end of that race i was back to lobby with the same pilots i raced the 2 laps and after this bug everything was fine : weirdest bug for me ever :)

blackwiggle
20th April 2009, 11:43 PM
Game regionPal
Update number 1.30
Firmware 2.70
Console version -HD Original 60g version & HD
Controller Sixaxais
Options settings one player,pilot assist off,weapons on,motion control off
Track N/A problem with lobby
Online/offline Online

Bug DescriptionAfter several single races where I was host,returned to lobby after one race,I was unable to edit settings,change tracks or start race.
All host options non functioning [not lighting up],this has happen on several different occasions.

JJPAP
24th April 2009, 06:33 AM
Game region Pal
Update number 1.30
Firmware 2.70
Console version -HD 40gb Version
Controller Six-axis
Options settings N/A
Track Problem with Lobby
Online/offline Online

Bug Description: Was doing an Invitational, but wipers not invited were able to join anyway (wipers on my Friends-list, that is). When doing an Invitational, the first time you´ll try editing the tracks sometimes the parameter will go from Invitational to Public by it self.

silverfoxy
24th April 2009, 07:44 AM
Game region Pal
Update number 1.30
Firmware 2.70
Console version -HD 40gb Version
Controller Six-axis
Options settings N/A
Track N/a
Online/offline Offline

Bug Description: Loaded the game quickly last night at 7pm BST and no problems with the game. Mate called and wanted to go out. Turned system off with sixaxis and the main red button was still on. Went back to play at about 11-30pm BST and the save data file had corrupted (again). Now I know previously it was probably due to me turning the system off at the back before the game had finished saving but I've made sure neverto do that again. I'm seriously p***ed off with having to go through all the sh*tty venom tracks and unlock everything again. I don't know why this has happened this time but I really don't think its anything I've done. :brickwall

Darkdrium777
6th May 2009, 10:38 PM
Game region version: —
Game update version:1.40
Firmware version:2.70
Console version and hard-drive size: —
Custom soundtrack: —
Controller type: —
Options settings: —
Track [if any] where error occurs: —

When in photo mode, any message notification, invite notification, chat notification or friend status notification will disrupt photo mode to the point where it will stop rendering or taking a picture when a notification pops up.

Settings in photo mode also reset themselves when you quit the paused game screen. Don't know if it's intended to work like that or not, it would be better if they reset themselves for each race only.

[Increment count: 16]

Uridium
7th May 2009, 12:14 AM
Game region version: NTSC- US
Console version and harddrive size: 60GB replaced with 320GB Western Digital
Options settings: 4 race tournament (Phantom, Weapons ON) Pilot Assist On, Motion Control OFF
Track: Various

3 Player online- One player appeared TWICE! When placing at the end of the race (with only three players) the stats would show 1 2 2 3 instead of 1 2 3 (first second third) This happened throughout all 4 races of the tournament.

When the tournament was over the duplicate player got second place so the podium read from left to right 2 1 2 (instead of 2 1 3) since the duplicate player tied with himself :P lol

Also after the second race two ships (one was one of them) were in the same start spot overlapping each other (fused)

Constrictor
9th May 2009, 12:14 PM
Game region version: PAL EU
Game update number: 1.30 & 1.40
Firmware version: 2.70 (FIXED w/ 2.80)
Options settings: online races mostly phantom
Motion Control: OFF
Track: Various, single races for me

It started w/ 1.30 und is still happening w/ 1.40 that when joining a race at the wrong time (when the host starts the race and I try to join), I'm not able or allowed tp select a ship and the track will instantly start to load. When this happens I know for 100% that my system is going to crash/freeze.

Looks like this: joining, no ship select, track loading screen progress indicator fills up to 100% as it should, the icon to the right keeps its animation for ~ 20 seconds. the icon-anim stops and the PS3 won't respond to anything. reset and next try.

Sch@dows
10th May 2009, 01:38 AM
Game update number: 1.40
Options settings: Phantom, Weapons ON, 6 laps, Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control OFF.
Track: All

Bug description:
At the end of the race, and I can check my worldwide ranking from my time, but it only compare the time from the same track & league (in my case : phantom).
Since I run 1 or 2 laps more than the normal number of laps (5 laps in phantom) I have a very bad ranking (>2000).
The same happens when comparing the times of friends.

It should compare only for time done with the same settings (track + league + weapons + laps + BR) don't you think ?

AKRO2
10th May 2009, 01:30 PM
Options settings: TT venom, flash, rapier, phantom
Track: all I think (2 last tested : Anulpha & VinantaK Reverse)

Bug description:
Only on Time Trial, my best time's ghost, isn't select. It's an other random ghost with me on the track,
and somtimes it's not the same ship too.
The last time I used the "Icaras" and one of the bad ghost was a piranha... o_O
It's a realy big problem, cause impossible to grown up our scores and your best TT's ghost is definitely lost. :(
This problem apeared since the V 1.30 and lot of people have the same one problem.

Sch@dows
10th May 2009, 05:16 PM
Options settings: Phantom, Weapons ON, 5 laps, Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control OFF.
Track: Moa Therma (front), Ubermall (front)

Bug description:
Some weapon pads were OFF the whole race.
I was running 1st on both races, but the first weapon pad on Moa Therma (front) and the 2nd one on Ubermall (just before the division of the track) were constantly OFF during the whole race (5 laps).
Like I said I was 1st, with a 2-3 sec gap, and it couldn't have been some slow ships since they weren't so bad to be lapped right from the begining and the following pads were all ON.

username
10th May 2009, 05:36 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.40
Firmware version:
Controller type: Six-axis, vibration, sony official
Options settings: Moa therma, allow assist: off, phantom, icaras: third skin.
Track [if any] where error occurs: Moa therma

Description:
Online, 7 players total, Me hosting. On the mag strip section the entire PS3 crashed rendering all user input ignored. Image froze, yet music continued to play perfectly. Only happened once.

Thegide
19th May 2009, 04:40 PM
Game region version: NA
Console version and harddrive size: 60GB (launch)
Options settings: Pilot Assist OFF, Motion Control PITCH.
Track: Any?
Online/Offline: Online (Lobby)

Bug description:

Attempting to spectate a race in progress yields a white screen only. First two occasions resolved themselves after race ended and I was returned to the lobby. Third occasion froze PS3 and required hard reboot.

As of this writing, I have been unable to spectate any races properly (being able to actually watch the race).

Teknoman
1st June 2009, 03:34 PM
Game region version: NA

BUG DESCRIPTION

For some reason I haven't been able to connect to the online lobby since the game's launch. Always gives me the "Network Error" screen on my default user/PSN ID, yet if I log in on a random newly made account, it goes to the lobby no problem. So because of this, I know it's not my network settings or anything.

This is the only game that has this strange problem as well.

Glaciuscreations
9th June 2009, 11:26 AM
Game region version: PAL EU
Game update number: 1.30 & 1.40
Controller type: SixAxis
Options settings: Time Trial
Motion Control: On Pitch only
Track: Various, Moe Therma

Some wierd stuff happend last nigth, was playing MOE THERMA on time ,
But i played with assagai and when i quite not sure what happend but i was fnished with the race and it FROZE, couldt do anything and it was SAVING ! as well so i was well scared, but i restarted my PS3 and thank god save was still fine, after this i took a backup of my save , but i hope it dont happen again.

Glac

NeilSmith
15th June 2009, 09:00 AM
Firmware version: 2.76
Console version and harddrive size: 60 GB
Options settings: Single Race

On alot of occasions my PS3 completely locks up when I join a race at the exact moment the race-leader starts the race from within the lobby. I'm presented with the loading screen but the whole console gets stuck when the loading bar completes. The only solution is to do a hard-reset or turn the PS3 off and on. I'd suggest that a couple of more seconds be put on the count-down timer for when the race-leader starts the race manually, that would also allow racers to choose a different craft that suits the specific track better.

You couldn't imagine all the times I've joined a race only for the race-leader to start the race immediately when the room is full or when he's happy with the number of players.

magnusalpha
17th June 2009, 07:43 AM
Firmware version: 2.76
Console version and harddrive size: November 2008, NTSC, 80 GB
Controller type: Dualshock 3 / Sixaxis

Music and sound effects will be functioning fine, then all sound will cease at random. This does not occur every gaming session, but does seem to happen when loading a track, or when transitioning from the load screen to the actual race. Also happens at other random times.

The only way to get the sound functioning again is to exit the game and re-enter.

Darkdrium777
29th June 2009, 08:43 PM
Firmware version:2.80
Online/Offline: —

Hohum. :lol

Anti-gravity lamp post. :o

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0649/wohd_20090625_190734.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0649/wohd_20090625_190734)

I'm not sure if I should be able to see that or not...

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0228/wohd_20090625_185349.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0228/wohd_20090625_185349)

Taking a swim:

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0427/wohd_20090625_185222.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0427/wohd_20090625_185222)http://g.imagehost.org/t/0641/wohd_20090625_190449.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0641/wohd_20090625_190449)http://g.imagehost.org/t/0841/wohd_20090625_185925.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0841/wohd_20090625_185925)

Lol... Haven't tried with pointy ships. (Turbo required)

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0932/wohd_20090625_193350.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0932/wohd_20090625_193350)http://g.imagehost.org/t/0034/wohd_20090625_193447.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0034/wohd_20090625_193447)

Still haven't toured all the tracks, so haven't found everything. :) If you want more info on how I do it, PM.
Nothing in this is game breaking, but you may want to fix it. Depends if you want us to see these things or not. ;)
Oh yeah, there are missing respawn zones on Metropia and Anulpha Pass as well, just not as obvious so it's hard to take screenshots. Again nothing that can be used. Just fun :D

Reezy
3rd July 2009, 01:27 PM

When using spectator mode, if you join a race then it finishes in say 10 seconds after you started watching. If you then press square at the results screen for the time rankings, you will get a time of 10 seconds. It doesn't save to leaderboard but does save to your personal records. Very annoying.

Darkdrium777
6th July 2009, 02:00 AM

First, I want to say that I finally got the unusable leech beam glitch on another track, Sol 2 reverse. Same scenario, in the first corner of the lap I pass over the first pad, absorb the powerup (I think it was autopilot, but it doesn't matter) pass over the second pad, hear the beep, the leech beam effect comes up but not the useable weapon.
Now, this glitch is game breaking for a reason: it prevents anyone else in the race from picking up a Leech Beam, and also for the person with the glitch.
And there is a second glitch underneath it: please fix the weapon pad pickup function. When I pass over a pad and have no weapon in my item slot, I expect to pick something up. Sadly, it happens too many times that you pass over a pad just after firing/using/absorbing your previous pickup that you hear the beep, the pad turns dark, but you get nothing. This is a glitch, and needs to be fixed particularly if Eliminator is coming out soon. Make weapon pickups appear instantly in the weapon slot, no more of this silly animation thing because apparently that is the cause of these two problems: the delay between passing over the pad and the animation of the pickup appearing in the slot ending. Also another reason to remove these animations is because it takes at least .2 seconds for the pickup to appear, this should be instantaneous.

Screenshot of the leech beam bug on Sol 2:

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0487/wohd_20090705_200028.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0487/wohd_20090705_200028)

Additionally, I also found another way out of Vineta-K. This track is a real Gruyère :lol

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0979/wohd_20090705_175602.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0979/wohd_20090705_175602)http://h.imagehost.org/t/0881/wohd_20090705_175931.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0881/wohd_20090705_175931)http://h.imagehost.org/t/0276/wohd_20090705_180156.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0276/wohd_20090705_180156)http://h.imagehost.org/t/0080/wohd_20090705_180827.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0080/wohd_20090705_180827)
http://h.imagehost.org/t/0491/wohd_20090705_175753.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0491/wohd_20090705_175753)http://h.imagehost.org/t/0298/wohd_20090705_180106.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0298/wohd_20090705_180106)http://h.imagehost.org/t/0690/wohd_20090705_180611.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0690/wohd_20090705_180611)

Gulzt
6th July 2009, 11:41 AM
Firmware version: 2.80
Console version and harddrive size: console w/o PS2-compatibility, harddrive upgraded to 500GB (standard = 40GB)
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: NO
Controller type: Dual Shock
Options settings: Zone Mode
Track [if any] where error occurs: Anulpha Pass forward

I found out about a glitch that allows anyone to complete Zone Zeus. A friend on PSN found it out and was willing to share his secret to me. (since I already got it, earned the hard way!)

I'm not going to share how to perform it, because this forum is publically accessible. I hope one of the developers is kind enough to contact me so I can show it. The glitch was caught on video.

When I checked the leaderboard I was shocked to find out that many players abused this cheat in order to get the zone zeus trophy. You can tell by the low amount (often less than 10) of perfect zones, that they glitched through it.. non-perfect zone means you took damage and if you take damage every zone you are destroyed before you can reach 75. The day I earned it only 2 people had a weird score (1000+ zones, and just 3 perfect zones), but now it's way more.. Please end this!

It would be even greater if the zone zeus trophies could be removed from the cheaters-profiles, but I doubt that'll be possible. Please contact me fast so that this will stay a rare trophy.., and ofcourse to keep the leaderboards honest.

Darkdrium777
22nd July 2009, 06:40 AM
Game update version: 2.00
Console version and hard-drive size: 60GB
Options settings: I don't think this can have an impact
Track [if any] where error occurs: Listed below
Online/Offline: Offline/Online

Sol 2 Reverse:
Pictured. The cloud sprite pops into view, sometimes it can be deconcentrating because its a relatively large object. This was present in V1.40 of the game.
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0192/wohd_20090722_015103.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0192/wohd_20090722_015103)http://g.imagehost.org/t/0649/wohd_20090722_015156.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0649/wohd_20090722_015156)
Additional: shadow bug. If you move forward from this position, the cabin's shadow will be drawn progressively until the whole shadow is complete.
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0758/wohd_20090722_015525.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0758/wohd_20090722_015525)

Anulpha Pass Forward:
When you drop down from the Anulpha Pass to do that last roll for Beat Zico, the start/finish line screens (The ones with the countdown and the two next to it) and some other small things pop into view. Impossible to capture in photo mode, only viewable live or through video.

Ubermall Forward:
When you reach the height in the screenshot, using a traditional boost over the climb to do the well known barrel roll, and are perfectly centred with the track, the section highlighted in the screenshot below pops out and back into view for a split second. The screenshot was taken moments after the pop back into view so you need to be a little further back to be in the "popped out" moment, though the missing part is impossible to capture in photo mode, only viewable live or through video.
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0446/wohd_20090722_020748.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0446/wohd_20090722_020748)

Ubermall Reverse:
When performing the shortcut, the supporting part of the track pops out of view when you get closer to it. Impossible to capture in photo mode, only viewable live or through video. This was present in V1.40 of the game, and older.
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0554/wohd_20090722_021155.jpg (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0554/wohd_20090722_021155)

EDIT:
The more I play, the more I notice the pop in. It is apparent that you have changed the way the game is optimized to draw the objects only in view, unfortunately there is a delay between when you could see the object and when this object is actually shown (or pop in). Honestly it leaves the feeling that the game is badly optimized because of this, I don't know if you could fix that.
There is pop in on all tracks I've played so far.

omega7dt
22nd July 2009, 03:32 PM
Console version and hard-drive size: 200gb
Custom soundtrack: No
Track [if any] where error occurs: All tracks

When playing a racebox speed lap upon finishing it or ending it the game goes to the screen to tally loyalty and show best times as soon as I hit the x button to go to the next screen the game freezes the PS3 and I have to hard boot to shut it down. Everything done on the speed lap is lost no loyalty gained and no records of times saved.

kaori
22nd July 2009, 04:13 PM
Game update version:2.00
Console version and hard-drive size: 40GB
Controller type: ds3

My friends of listfriends can join me in a game "invite only" without i send them an invitation.

Light
23rd July 2009, 07:28 PM
Firmware version: Latest PS3 firmware
Console version and hard-drive size: 80GB

Happens in Fury and HD
Game freezes hard when scrolling down fast in the online lobby.
Only PS3 hard reset helps. (ASAP solve this plz)

chalovak
23rd July 2009, 08:19 PM
Firmware version: Latest PS3 firmware
Online/Offline: -

Fury mistake, not a bug.
There is a spelling mistake in Flip info (during Loading screen): defult instead of default.

ShiFunski
23rd July 2009, 11:11 PM
Game update version:2.00 Fury Expansion
Firmware version: Latest PS3 Firmware
Console version and hard-drive size: 80GB
Controller type: standard dualshock
Options settings: Eliminator
Track [if any] where error occurs: First occurrence Anulpha Pass later on Tech De Ra

In my last games, it sometimes seemed that the weapon-pads were buggy.
I was flying over one to pick up a weapon. The accustic sign was there but i had no weapon in my slot. Afaik its only in Eliminator.
Happens irregulary up to 3 times in a match in my case.

Darkdrium777
23rd July 2009, 11:16 PM
Options settings: I don't think this can have an impact
Track [if any] where error occurs: Some, can't remember which.

I think it's the same thing as ShiFunksi here.
When passing over a pad online, the sound will be hear, the pad will turn from red to black, but no weapon will be awarded. That is, sometimes, until moments later (say a lap and a half in Phantom) where you will randomly get a weapon.
I've had it twice where it didn't give anything, and once where I got a cannon out of nowhere, and I had that pad bug before on the same race.

Coined: Windows 7 Beta pads, because they work much better but still not entirely well (It's also KIGO's idea again, this man should be elected somewhere.)

AlexMax
24th July 2009, 12:25 AM
Game update number: 2.00 Fury
Console version and harddrive size: 80 Gig, no backwards compat.
Options settings: I tried both Fury and HD menu, and it locks up with both
Online/Offline: Online, obviously

Exact same problem as Light. If I grab a list of servers and then scroll down one too many places, I get a hardlock that I can only recover from by resetting the machine.

LOUDandPROUD
24th July 2009, 02:29 PM
Console version and harddrive size: 60 Gig, full backwards compat.
Controller type: SIXAXIS
Options settings: Effects volume at the default 80%
Track [if any] where error occurs: Multiple

The engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are extremely loud to the point that it's distracting and the game becomes unplayable for me. Sort of sounds like the sound muffling and amplification you experience in a tunnel. I'll hit sections of track where it seems to get better for a second or two, but then it comes right back. This issue is not limited to indoor tracks or tunnel sections of outdoor tracks. I've experienced this in all three modes I've played in...speed lap, time trial and online single race. It just came about randomly last night while starting a new speed lap session (up to that point, everything was normal). I tried different tracks, different ships (both HD and Fury ships), restarting WO, restarting my console, restarting my receiver, but nothing helped...then I decided to try an online single race and everything was fine again. Things were back to normal offline too. Fired it up for the first time since, just a bit ago, and the problem is back, but this time online too (in addition to offline). Again, tried restarting WO, but it didn't help. If I lower the effects volume, it helps, but then I can barely hear the woman's voice and the other effects that I need to hear (weapons sounds and such). If I lower my receiver's volume, it also helps, but then I can barely hear my music and all the other effects I need to hear. It's as if the volume of the engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are independently and exceedingly loud in comparison to all the other sound effects. This problem has ruined WO for me at the moment, as it's not playable in this condition.

chris
25th July 2009, 01:26 PM
Game update number: 2.01 Fury
Console version and harddrive size: 40 Gig
Options settings: Effects volume at the default 80%
Track [if any] where error occurs: Multiple

Hi, I just searched the whole web and haven't found somebody experiencing the same problem as me until now.

I have exactly the same sound bug as described by LOUDandPROUD.

Meaning:

The engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are extremely loud to the point that it's distracting and the game becomes unplayable for me. Sort of sounds like the sound muffling and amplification you experience in a tunnel. I'll hit sections of track where it seems to get better for a second or two, but then it comes right back. This issue is not limited to indoor tracks or tunnel sections of outdoor tracks. I've experienced this in all three modes I've played in...speed lap, time trial and online single race. It just came about randomly last night while starting a new speed lap session (up to that point, everything was normal). I tried different tracks, different ships (both HD and Fury ships), restarting WO, restarting my console, restarting my receiver, but nothing helped...then I decided to try an online single race and everything was fine again. Things were back to normal offline too. Fired it up for the first time since, just a bit ago, and the problem is back, but this time online too (in addition to offline). Again, tried restarting WO, but it didn't help. If I lower the effects volume, it helps, but then I can barely hear the woman's voice and the other effects that I need to hear (weapons sounds and such). If I lower my receiver's volume, it also helps, but then I can barely hear my music and all the other effects I need to hear. It's as if the volume of the engine sounds, speed pad sounds and collision sounds are independently and exceedingly loud in comparison to all the other sound effects. This problem has ruined WO for me at the moment, as it's not playable in this condition.

Every single aspect he described is relevant for me too.

I also noticed that the surround speakers are much too loud. You can check this in the speaker test in audio options. This is concerning the surround right/left and surround back right/left speakers.
I'm using HDMI Sound Output to an Onkyo 507 receiver with 5.1 speakers.
Every other game or blu-ray movie is doing just fine.

This sound bug is killing all the fun for me right now, because effects are much too loud (except the voice as described by LOUDandPROUD) and the music feels too weak.

I just payed another 10 EUR for Fury and can't play Wipeout anymore, so please fix this! :(

edit:
In classic Zone mode, the sound is OK. But if I switch back to any other racing mode, it is broken again.

tileon
26th July 2009, 01:39 PM
Game region version [EU or what]: Bought from US Store
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.01
Console version and harddrive size: CECHH04 40GB
Options settings: square for absorbing, round for firing. No motion control.
Track [if any] where error occurs: Tech de Ra >>> / Amphiseum <<<

Vista pads!!! Vista pads everywhere!! I'd say one out of two. It's not always the same pads. I kept running over them, and sound effect would attest to pickup. But no bonus weapon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Game region version [EU or what]: Bought from US Store
Console version and harddrive size: CECHH04 40GB
Options settings: square for absorbing, round for firing. No motion control.
Track [if any] where error occurs: ///

inside a game lobby online, I would choose a ship and then end up a a totally different craft altogether, or with another skin of the craft selected ( selected fury Qirex, got normal livery Qirex). No it wasn't just my imagination!

PoliPino
26th July 2009, 07:34 PM
Gah! Lockup!

Console version and harddrive size: ???? (where can I find the console version?) 60GB - Mine is a US launch system.
Controller type: SixAxis
Options settings: default (AirBrake & Acceleration sensitivity 10%)
Track [if any] where error occurs: Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma so far

So, whenever I do a speed lap session the game will lockup once I hit X to confirm on the Results screen. It has happened all 3 times I've tried it. I was running Icaras at Rapier Class.

Anyone else seeing this?

Bug #2 - Online lobby lockup

Here is another lockup scenario I've run into. After joining an online game and waiting for the race to start, the game will lock up occasionally (It's happened to me twice so far). When the host starts the race, the 2 second timer will elapse, but the screen will go blank, except for the background screen (still animated) and music. When I was game host, I let i go for over 5 minutes before manually rebooting PS3. When I was not the host though, it did eventually load the game properly, after maybe 30secs to 1 minute. Both times it did this, a person joined the game right as the 2 second timer was elapsing. I don't know if it was just coincidence or not.

tileon
27th July 2009, 06:08 PM
Game Update number: 2.01
Console version & hard drive size: CECHH04 40GB
Track: Synchopia
Race type: Zone

The leaderboard for Synchopia is broken. I reached Mach 1 with 60 zones, 35 perfect zones, 130 000+ score. I should be 58th as the game attests at the end of the race. I saw the bug once and this was a test run to double check it. I'm locked from the leader board. Started PS3 again, connected again, it's not working. Haven't checked other boards on other race types. Online ID is tileon.

EDIT : Re-checked it for the nth time. Works, sorry for the trouble. I have tried to enter a game lobby so I was sure I got connected somehow.

Darkdrium777
28th July 2009, 09:17 PM
Game update version: 2.01
Track where error occurs: Tech de Ra Forward
Online/Offline: Offline but it can happen online too, it's the track that's the problem

Are you ****ing [I]serious? After I go and say: Vineta-K has no collisions everywhere in this post (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133770&postcount=71) and that post (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134652&postcount=73), you guys didn't think it would be cool to put collisions on walls in Tech de Ra?

Well rejoice, here's an exploit I found again. This time however YOU send me a PM if you're interested in knowing how I do it Paul Tweedle. I want to know if you're actually reading this thread. Because come on, it's not like I haven't said many times to be careful with the respawn zones and collisions. I'm a bit angry of falling on deaf ears like that.

This is a time FOUR seconds ahead of the current world record. Much more serious than Sebenco Climb.

You're lucky I found it, and not some glitcher who doesn't care about the integrity of the game (Zone Anulpha Pass anyone?)

Now I'll make a crazy suggestion: if it's a wall, make it act like a ****ing wall. Go ahead and put collisions on every single lamp post on Modesto Heights, but forget the walls on Tech de Ra xD Makes sense doesn't it? :|

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0473/wohd_20090728_170338.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0473/wohd_20090728_170338)

Griffon
30th July 2009, 10:18 AM
Game update number: 2.01
Console version and harddrive size: 60G
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: Y
Controller type: DS3 (x2)
Options settings: -
Track where error occurs: N/A
Race Type: Tournament, Multiplayer H2H

When racing my friend in 2 Player with AI disabled, it seems it doesn't accurately keep score. My friend was winning more often than not, yet the scoreboard kept me almost always 2 points ahead, until the final race when he jumped 4 points ahead, when it should have been more like 10.

Also, Same circumstances, different problem, only happened once. But in one of the races my friend got an Autopilot pickup, and he used it, but it didn't take effect. You heard the computer say "Autopilot engaged" and the garbled computer noise, but my friend went straight into a wall.

SaturnReturn
30th July 2009, 09:33 PM
Game region version: PAL (UK)
Game update version: 2.01
Console version and hard-drive size: 60GB with upgrade to 250GB
Controller type: DS3 or 6 axis, makes no odds
Online/Offline: Online, don't know about offline.

When I select a zone ship skin, I don't get it. I get the old version of the ship. For example, if I select the zone battle skin for Goteki 45, then instead of that skin, I get the HD version of Goteki 45. This also happens if zone battle mode is raced and then the host changes to a different mode - the ship will revert to the old model. Essentially, I cannot currently select any of the alternative skins for new ships when playing online. It may the same for offline too, I don't know.

Haywire_Guy
1st August 2009, 12:29 PM
Game region version: PAL (Australia)
Game Update number: 2.01
Firmware version: 2.74
Console version & hard drive size: CECHH04 40GB
Track: Synchopia
Race type: Zone

@ Polipino: Yes same i get the lockup occasionally too. but it registers the (X) okay then when its about to fade, freezes and i have to restart the console.

tnova
2nd August 2009, 03:10 AM
Console version and harddrive size: 60 Gig, with backwards compatibility

No problem with offline play. But when I try to get online while logged on to PSN with my main account, there is a message saying "an error occurred while updating the game. please try again". I couldn't even get to the Location List screen.

But when I use my two other alternate PSN accounts, there was no problem. I could go online join and create games.

Pafduck
3rd August 2009, 11:32 AM
Game region version: France
Console version and harddrive size: 40 G
Track [if any] where error occurs: Talon's Junction

No update on my records, Time trial and Single race venom, since few days.

BDT
7th August 2009, 02:46 PM
Game region version NL (EU)
Game update number : 2.01 Fury

Never had any problem with the initial release of WipeOut HD, but since I downloaded the update(i think it was 1.40, the one before 2.0 it was) a couple of weeks ago, the game has problems with the music. I'm playing the campaign and during a race the music begins to stutter and the gameplay had some stutter too. The music will stutter some more and after some seconds(10 to 30) the music completely stops. All soundeffects still work and gameplay will continue like there is no problem. When I complete the race, most of the time I can return to the menu but once it hang on the autosave screen. So when I return in the menu(also without any music, but with sounds effects) and select the next race the loading screen will pop up. But it never loads the next track and hangs on me on the loading screen. The 'loading bar' is 90% full all times this happened.

Only a hard reset works.

Also it only happened so far on the HD tracks, not on the Fury tracks. I did not play so much Fury, so maybe it will happen there as well... I also tried to turn of music effects, but it didn't help.

What could it be?

Michelasso
10th August 2009, 01:22 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.01 + Fury
Console version and harddrive size: PAL 60GB (with sw PS2 BC)
Controller type: both
Options settings: R1 absorbing, R2 firing, square switches sides etc...
Track [if any] where error occurs: various?

like others sometimes I can't collect the weapons on Eliminator. I here the "ding", but the weapon isn't there. Not sure which track(s). I think to remember even the HD ones.

Still in Eliminator the frame rate may drop drastically.

I'd like to have an option to shuffle ALL music in my PS3. I looked for it a couple of times but I didn't manage to find it. Only albums and playlists

Sometimes joining on-line games (from the room) the screen gets stuck.

Could you add a custom controller setting for Detonator? I'd like to use X on that for firing. With my custom settings I have to use R1 and it cramps my finger to use both R1 and R2.

Last but not least: please don't add ads in the EU version (I saw you removed it from the US one as well). If you really must do it put it in the in-game screens.

Lance
10th August 2009, 03:22 PM
This not a wish list, so please do not make the Studio Liverpool people working on fixes use their time on reading such; please restrict the posts to a description of the actual malfunctions.

Crob
14th August 2009, 09:04 AM
Game region version [EU or what]: ?
Firmware version: ???
Console version and harddrive size: ???
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: ???
Controller type: ???
Options settings: TT / SL
Track [if any] where error occurs: ???

Someone reported an issue to me via PSN with ghosts being out of sync (i.e. when they start a new lap the ghost is not starting at the same time).

Update:
If anyone else is experiencing this please can you log a new issue here with as much detail as possible? (If thats ok with you Lance :) )

Lance
14th August 2009, 03:19 PM
This is a fixed format, reports only, no-reply thread. All reply and/or comment posts are deleted.

Darkdrium777
19th August 2009, 08:20 PM
Game update version:2.01
Online/Offline: Detonator

Bomb does not always spawn/spawns incorrectly.

The Bomb can sometimes be absent for an entire lap, you have no idea where it is and no cue comes up, either visual or audio. It counts as if you had missed a Bomb at the end. It can also spawn incorrectly, I've seen it spawn right below the first jump on Syncopia, where it is impossible to shoot. Sometimes the cue comes up when it spawns there, sometimes it doesn't.

Mines spawn incorrectly.

Same problem as the Bomb, Mines can sometimes spawn in unreachable places, like under the first jump on Syncopia, or on the track walls as in this case of Sebenco.
http://h.imagehost.org/t/0867/wohd_20090727_064646.jpg (http://h.imagehost.org/view/0867/wohd_20090727_064646)

Chain Bonus cues supersede Bomb warnings.

It should be the contrary, for obvious reasons: Bombs are generally worth more points than Chain Bonuses.

Bomb warning cue never happens.

In some cases, the Bomb warning cue, visual or audio, never happens, even if the Bomb has spawned correctly and is right in front of you.

Bomb spawning 25 meters from the start. (Aka "too damn close!")

This causes bugs in the warning cues, for both when the problematic Bomb spawns and the next one after, no matter where this second one spawns. When the first Bomb spawns 25 meters from the start, there is no audio or visual cue whatsoever. When you come back to the start line to complete a lap, the visual/audio cue plays. But then it does not play for the following Bomb on the next lap!

djKyoto
21st August 2009, 07:22 AM
Game region version AU (EU)
Game update number : 2.01 Fury

None of my records are updating online now. It tries to Sync the records everytime I enter the records menu [I]and everytime I exit it. Usually it only did it (once) when I got a new record offline and Sync'd when I came back on, beliving to me the Syncing atm as stuffed.

Pafduck
24th August 2009, 12:52 PM
Game region version: France
Console version and harddrive size: 40 G
Track [if any] where error occurs: /

Same probleme as DjKYoto, since 2 weeks now.

JJPAP
25th August 2009, 07:17 AM
Game region version: Denmark
Console version and harddrive size: 60 GB
Track [if any] where error occurs: /

Couldn´t help notice yesterday, that something is wrong w/ the Multiplayer-ranking as seen on the screen before single online races (you know: PB, Friends, Worldwide). Don´t think there was anything wrong with the times, but the ship used. It said my best time were done in a Mirage. Never used that ship (who in their right mind would ;)), so I don´t know why it said so. As far as I remember all 3 times (PB, Friends and WW) said Mirage.

Effedieffe
26th August 2009, 04:49 PM
Game region version: Italy
Console version and harddrive size: 80 GB
Track [if any] where error occurs:

Same problem as DjKYoto: no records update and double Sync try

Constrictor
27th August 2009, 08:14 PM
Game region version: German
Console version and harddrive size: FAT, 80 GB
Options settings: more or less default
Track [if any] where error occurs: only happened once on Metropia FWD

No single races available, so one or two Eliminator races ...

Second race, Eliminator, Rapier, Metropia FWD I got killed shortly before the long straight at the end of the track. I respawned in a really strange position :dizzy and constantly hit some wall :redface: or something else and lost all points :g and continued hitting something w/ 1% shield left for the following 3 minutes until I quit the game :+

I grabbed my cam and recorded that boring incident for ~1 minute. I'll try to upload it somewhere and will post a link later.

Edit: Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqwvoRdbmnE

Sch@dows
31st August 2009, 09:07 PM
Console version and harddrive size: FAT, 40 GB
Track [if any] where error occurs: All I suppose, 3 at least !
Online/Offline: Offline (campain)

When running the Fury campain, 2nd grid (detonator event), and 3rd grid (middle detonator & 2 eliminator events), I got the gold medal but the voice said Bronze medal.

It was really strange in Detonator because it says each medal when you reach the target point, and it was going like this : Bronze medal => Silver medal => Bronze medal ... But I really get the gold medal.
Just a sound problem.

Michelasso
7th September 2009, 05:50 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: latest + Fury
Firmware version: 3.0
Console version and harddrive size: PAL PS3 60GB
Options settings: L1/R1 to absorb/shoot

After completing the Fury campaign the Auricom and Icaras zone skins didn't unlock. The silver Fury skins are there, tho.

AG Systems
8th September 2009, 11:25 AM
Firmware version: 3.00
Console version and harddrive size: 80GB (now with 250GB HDD)
Options settings: Custom controls
Track [if any] where error occurs: Vineta K, Ubermall

After going back into the main campaign in HD and trying to upgrade some of my silver medals to golds I've been encountering some major issues. In campaign 5 (Head Rush) both the speed lap events (7 laps) at Vineta K (Venom) and Ubermall (Rapier) crash after completing. I've tried multiple times and I'm using the Fury version of the AG-Sys craft.

afatsuoM
10th September 2009, 03:38 PM
Firmware version: 2.80 and 3.0
Console version and harddrive size: 60GB and 80GB
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: both
Options settings: TT in Fury campaign
Track [if any] where error occurs: Tech de Ra (for sure) and other tracks
Online/Offline: Offline, but signed in

At the start of a new lap the ghost is not starting at the same time. I've also seen this at a friend's. Don't know the exact conditions, but it seems to be happening randomly. Sometimes the ghost was no where to be seen (maybe too far ahead?). We have different PS3's. I have the original 60GB version (with 250GB upgrade) and he has the newer 80GB version. This happened before and after the 3.0 update.

Whizzer The Hawk
10th September 2009, 04:15 PM
Game region version [EU or what]: UK.
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.01 + Fury.
Firmware version: 3.00.
Console version and harddrive size: PS3 Slim 120gb.
Custom soundtrack, yes or no: No.
Controller type: Dualshock 3.
Options settings: Screen Resolution at 100%.
Track [if any] where error occurs: Not really a specific track as some bugs I have come across may glitch at any time.
Online/Offline: Online.

Description:
- Weapon pads refusing to work in some single races online, resulting in unable to absorb weapons and causing elimination of the player.
- Game crashes here and there forcing me to reset the PS3. However the display freezes but the sound still plays.
- Animation failure when a shield is picked up and used, and another shield is picked up and used in a row. The shields effect is activated but on the second one the ship is normal and no glassy shielding detail on the ship appears.
- Voice Communication, very choppy and hard to understand:!

novide
14th September 2009, 06:18 PM
Game region version: Switzerland
Console version and harddrive size: PS3 80gb
Options settings: Screen Resolution at 100%
Track [if any] where error occurs: Most Fury and few HD Tracks
Online/Offline: Online.

Most Fury and a few HD Tracks, Records not updating since 3 or 4 weeks...

Connavar
15th September 2009, 08:03 AM
Game region version: Belgium
Console version and harddrive size: Slim 120GB
Options settings: Custom controls (L1/R1 <=> L2/R2 + 90% HUD WO2097)
Track [if any] where error occurs: (See description)
Online/Offline: (See description)

2 bugs:
1) I had just booted the game and I was in the main menu, then saw a friend
playing, I push triangle to send him a message, and then we both appeared
in the lobby with me being the host, default settings, so it was a Vineta-K
race, and it showed FLASH and 3 LAPS!!!
Instead of Venom, or instead of Flash + 4 laps, anyway something was wrong
and I was curious to see what happened ... and unfortunately the worst
happened, along with a few other players, we had ran a Flash race but in
only 3 laps, so I obviously beat the world record by more than 20 seconds :(
Well that's what it showed after the race, I hope it didn't really register it.

I attached a picture.

2) I already experienced this bug several times, and it's VERY annoying,
SPEED LAP / Chenghou Reverse / Phantom / FEISAR+ (fury), I do a few laps
just fine, probably hold L2 (custom controls) to reset the lap, and then
whenever I use the turbo, the lap would be automatically reset 1 second
after!!! The boost location is irrelevant, it will always happen unless I cross
the finish line with the boost, so basically it's impossible for me to run a good
speed lap since it will reset the lap after I take the shortcut :(

Danterich
17th September 2009, 09:00 AM
Game region version: Austria
Console version and harddrive size: PS3slim 500GB

Same problem as DjKYoto: no records update and double Sync try since i migrated data from old PS3 to new PS3slim about 2 weeks ago! Very frustrating!!!
update:(18.09.2009)
no new record uploading since almost 3 weeks!!
Today i updated my PS3 FW to 3.01 and still no updating even though sync attempts entering the records menu!!!
Please SL fix this a.s.a.p.

Golgofier
17th September 2009, 01:14 PM
Game region version: Sweden
Console version and harddrive size: PS3 40GB (US)

Record tables not syncing properly. SL - what gives!? Hope your working on this :?

Constrictor
18th September 2009, 04:55 PM
Game region version: German
Firmware version: 3.01
Console version and harddrive size: FAT, 80 GB
Track [if any] where error occurs: SC fwd, others see above

Another respawn incident after being killed. This time at MP Phantom Sebenco right after finish line

See this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DkEf5zY5Sw

abukii
20th September 2009, 05:36 PM
Game update version: Latest as of 20/09/09
Firmware version:3.0/3.01
Custom soundtrack: Yes/no
Options settings: Both accel. and Air breaks set to 10%, screen size 96%, Sound Effects 70%, Music Volume 100%
Track [if any] where error occurs: (Campaign: Frenzy) Sembenco Forward (Elite)
Online/Offline: Off

Strange. Upon playing I noticed several bugs;
In Sembenco, I was in 2nd place. When I glanced up at the screen, it stated I was in 4th. This occured during the last lap. However when I crossed the finish line (technically in 2nd, but showing 4th), I was awarded the Silver Medal.

Chenghou Forward. Elite Campaign. Head Rush-- 1st lap, 1st corner, I was 6.2 seconds behind (this indicated when the first indication stated). I had a perfect lap thus far and I find it impossible to be so far behind so early into the race. Maybe Im just complaining, but its impossible to gain such a lead.

Track: All: Elite: The AI cheats.
Tis all.

QjonPL
28th September 2009, 09:32 PM
Console version and harddrive size: Fat 80GB
Options settings: Custom controls (L1/R1 <=> L2/R2), HUD 96%, Accel. 10%, Airbrakes 60%
Track [if any] where error occurs: (See description)

Same as Connavar:
I joined my friend (pressing Select) hosting a Zone Battle race, then we both landed in Single Race, Flash, Vineta K, 3 laps (!!) lobby. I finished first, got SR time record, but I think it didn't register.

yeldar2097
17th October 2009, 06:38 PM
Console version and harddrive size: Launch - 500Gb
Options settings: Custom controls (L1/R1 <=> L2/R2), HUD 96%, Accel. 10%, Airbrakes 40%
Track [if any] where error occurs: Anulpha Pass
Speed Class: Phantom

In the game lobby there was a game listed as single race in the "Race Type" Section yet in the "weapons on/off" section (bottom of screen third from left) the game was detailing weapons as if for an eliminator race i.e. scrolling through the weapons available.

Reezy
23rd October 2009, 03:33 PM
Console version and harddrive size:
Controller type: six axis
Options settings:
Track [if any] where error occurs: Chenghou Reverse
Online/Offline: offline, zone mode.

After the 1st mag strip, as you approach the right hand bend, on the left side where the track goes from no walls, to where the wall forms: you can start falling off the track on the left, but then steer through the wall back on to the track with no shield loss.

Koleax
24th October 2009, 10:42 PM
Console version and harddrive size: Slim PS3 120GB
Options settings: Mostly default, Music 100% SFX %50
Track [if any] where error occurs: Moa Therma
Online/Offline: Offline, Zone Mode.

While panning the camera in photo mode before attempting to take a picture of the turn in the tunnel after the loop-de-loop during a zone transition, a transparent image overlay appeared and persisted throughout all game modes until quitting the program. At first it appeared that two or three almost identical image overlays had appeared and were cycling through one another, producing a flickering effect. The effect stabilized to one distinct but blurry overlay upon exiting photo mode. It persisted through subsequent photo mode sessions, the race, the main menu, and everywhere else examined, as shown in the following videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB8tyClaGGk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyz5nYo7cD4

The photos produced in photo mode also contained the effect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091023_204802.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091023_204827.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091023_204841.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091023_204857.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091023_204908.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091023_204937.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/psients/wohd_20091023_205028.jpg

The error could not be reproduced as of the time of this posting. Several similar events had occurred previously without incident in the same tunnel and during a zone transition while in the same gaming session.

User has taken nearly 1000 photos in the past month, pushes photo mode pretty hard, considers this seemingly rare occurrence kind of cool, and reporting it a privilege. :+

JFthebestJan
17th November 2009, 05:20 PM
Game update number: 2.10 Fury
Console version and harddrive size: PS3slim/120gb
Controller type: dualshock3
Options settings: 90/90/10 - sixaxis deactivated - d-pad
Track [if any] where error occurs: -

it might be not a bug, but it's strange, i can't go online atm. it says something like: "this account is already in use. please try again later." i didn't shared this account with anybody, so im absolut confused.

Dabombber
19th November 2009, 05:48 AM
Game region version : PAL (New Zealand)
Game update number: 2.10
Firmware version: 3.10
Console version and harddrive size: 40GB, HDD upgraded to 500GB
Controller type: Sixaxis, motion controls off
Options settings: 100% HUD
Track where error occurs: Aftermath, Eliminator, Tech De Ra

The game froze after i shielded while passing the start line, with a quake coming towards me.

http://i50.tinypic.com/j14ykk_th.jpg (http://i50.tinypic.com/j14ykk.jpg)

kaori
26th November 2009, 07:41 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: last with ads
Firmware version: last
Console version and harddrive size: PS3 40 Go
Options settings:

Each evening I play online, my PS3 freeze during a race.

ProblemSolver
13th January 2010, 09:45 AM
Firmware version: 3.1.0
Console version and harddrive size: PS3 CECHH04, 500GB Seagate (ST9500420ASG)

Bug: Gamesave corruption.

Description: I got many connection issues due to my ISP, yesterday. While
playing WipEout HD online I use the PS3 text-chat at times right after crossing
the finish line. So after finishing the race I immediately pressed the PS button
to pull the text-chat in front. After its appearance I was about to enter some
text while in the same moment my line got dropped which was indicated by the game
via a dialog in the background. At this moment I wanted to leave the text-chat
but I couldn't. So I pressed the PS button for two seconds to quit the game.
Upon quitting the game a message appeared saying; Please Wait. But nothing
ever happened. So I forced the PS3 to turn off while pressing the (soft) power
button for a second. After turning it back on and starting the game my gamesave
was corrupted. Luckily I had a one week old backup, but still. Seems like the
GameOS (or the hypervisor) has messed up any open file descriptor whatsoever.

ProblemSolver
13th January 2010, 11:10 AM
Firmware version: 3.1.0
Resolution: 1080p

Bug: Jpeg-compression bug in Photo Mode.

Description: The 8x8 squares used for the jpeg-compression do have redish dot
on their corners, shown here;

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5636/wohdcompressionfail.png (http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4015/wohd20091006185047.jpg)

(click to see the entire image)

They are in almost ever shot where the color varies to a greater extend.

On a personal note; Leaving the bug aside, the jpeg-compression 'kills' the
quality of taken images. I'm always bothered while viewing some of my own
WipEout HD images while seeing 'all' those jpeg artifacts for no reason. I would
either offer the user to set the compression level on their own or, even better,
offer an lossless compression image format like png.

Constrictor
18th January 2010, 07:41 AM
Game region version [EU or what]: EU - PSN version
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.10 - latest
Firmware version: 3.1 - latest
Console version and harddrive size: FAT PS3 80GB
Options settings:
Track [if any] where error occurs: SC rev Phantom

See this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BrIHul0gSI

This should be self explaining. After finishing a MP race the post race countdown is stuck at 19 s. Took me ~ 2 minutes to grab/find the camera ... Only way to escape was by quitting and restarting the game - the PS did not freeze.. AFAIK the hosted race was not affected.

kaori
20th January 2010, 05:18 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.10
Firmware version: 3.15
Console version and harddrive size: original 40 GB
Controller type: all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9xSHQNBFk

il_mago_di_Doz
25th January 2010, 03:52 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.10
Firmware version: 3.15
Console version and harddrive size: original 40 GB
Controller type: all

1) The badge "best lap" in online races is often given to the last player. Also in cases where it's mathematically impossible that he did the best lap.

2) When you press "square" to show world and friends records... their team logos are messed up. they seem to be random.

akira2501
24th July 2010, 02:58 AM
Game region version [EU or what]: US/NTSC
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.20
Firmware version: 3.40
Console version and harddrive size: Slim, 120GB
Options settings: All Defaults
Track [if any] where error occurs: n/a

I have the playstation store version of Wipeout HD Fury, not the Playstation Plus version. 2 PSN IDs are affected here:
akira_2_5_0_1 and ashuhleigh .

When selecting "online", screen flashes "Connecting..." for a few seconds and then displays "an error occurred while contacting the server".

Note: when I created a brand new PSN ID afterward, I was able to get right in without trouble on the same console and network... then back to same error when I returned to original PSNIDs. I have far less than 50 PSN friends if it makes a difference at this juncture.

Oddly, If I receive an invite from a friend, they show in the live game data feed at the bottom of the screen. I can see their name, and their current status/track, and also in the "community" list, but if I try to connect to them, I am kicked back to the main menu. The "Select" button option for "Community" also seems to randomly disappear and reappear from the bottom of the main menu while no input is being made. Have not been able to connect for six days running - major bummer enjoymentwise. Thanks for reading

icarasDragon
21st August 2010, 12:54 AM
Game region version : PAL AU
Game update number: 2.30 (2.10)
Firmware version: 3.30
Console version and harddrive size: 120GB Slim PS3
Controller type: DS3, Motion Control off
Options settings: 95% HUD, Wip3out HUD

Sometimes when choosing a ship to spectate the next ship is displayed with no movement or "Name Tag". All weapons fire and absorbs are shown but you can't select the next camera or ship

afuroKy
20th September 2010, 03:21 PM
Game region version : EU (any differencies between EU, USA, Jap, and others??)
Game update number: latest
Firmware version: latest
Console version and harddrive size: hmm ... European 80Gb (the one that came out with the DS3)
Custom soundtrack:yes
Options settings: default display size (96%), Wip3out HUD, HD or Fury menus: HD
I was logged in with my account (afuroKy).

I wanted to go for some speedlap. Tech de Ra reverse was missing.
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7264/copiededsc00028.jpg

leungbok
20th September 2010, 03:26 PM
Lol, please don't make someone at sony to fix THAT particular issue ! :brickwall
:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e__TZ_fRh2s ;)

D_1998_BR
11th November 2011, 11:12 AM
I played a zone session yesterday on APF...got to zone 69,blah blah blah,yadda yadda yadda...But only one thing was a bit unusual:ALL ZONES WERE DARK! this had never happened to me before,but the game looked pretty cool imo.those lines on the track were like always,speed pads were darker and the ships color was blending with tge ground in some zones, making it almost invisiblr and way harder to play. the trail on the ship was ranging from gray to to bright yellow

docfo4r
17th February 2012, 06:23 PM
Don't know if that is a real glitch but today I played that Sebenco Climb single race in the Meltdown campaign and 2 seconds after the start I heard the voice saying "Contender eliminated" and then I made the sharp left turn I saw a wreck lying there just before that tiny hill. I wonder how that ship could be eliminated since there was no weapon pad yet.

EDIT:
I experienced another bug yesterday while trying to get to the TT on Syncopia: I randomly entered an online race after a while and I saw the time to start the race ran down completely, but the race did not start. I also wasn't able to get out of the session by any chance so I had to restart WipEout. I recorded it with my video camera:

Start-Glitch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4_Wo04WsUpo)

Constrictor
19th February 2012, 11:03 AM
Well, the start-glitch or bug is more or less a common one. Depends on when you join the race where the host already started it -> countdown is near 0:00. When this happens the chances are pretty high that you'll end up with a crashed system. The effect may also differ from your vid. The other one is when the track loads more or less as it should but the progress indicator is stuck at 100% and nothing happens after that.

You'll have to be quick to prevent a complete PS3 crash: Press the PS Button and exit the game ... IMO there is no other way to survive this situation. After a few secs the system freezes and you'll have to do a hard-reset.

docfo4r
19th February 2012, 12:17 PM
Ok, ok. Didn't know it's so common. Well, I could restart Wipeout with the PS-Button, there was no need to do a hard reset but I will remember your advice to quickly quit the game if that happens again.

WarioIIDX
28th February 2012, 06:06 AM
well, i found a bug AFTER UPDATE 2.40
the crafts DON'T ATTACK!, in any difficult, don't attack, but i have this problem when i'm tryng to got the trophy (deadly momentum), well, i delete the game from my ps3 and re-downloaded again, and i playe WITHOUT UPDATE, and... guess... I GOT THE TROPHY IN MY FIRST TRY!!!!!!!!
I'm quit game and put again, i'm go to update, well, the update is finish, and i play, AND THE ****ING CRAFTS DON'T MAKE ANY ATTACK!!!, don't put mines/bombs. don't shoot missiles/bullets... nothing.
i want to report this in sony, this problem is really pissed me off, hours. DAYS fighting for this trophy, and... nothing, i delete the game and redownloaded, and i got the trophy in one try... well, that's my story XDDDD

MegaGeeza22
28th February 2012, 06:30 AM
@WarioIIDX
Yes that is a well known problem, i think i read in another thread that sony know about this and that they plan on fixing it... i dont know when though lol...
Do they fire weapons on eliminator? if not it will be easy to get the "Elimin18" trophy on an offline eliminator event, if you have the Fury dlc.

WarioIIDX
28th February 2012, 02:49 PM
in eliminator i don't try really, and i have the trophy "elimini18", i got almost trophies before the update, and with update, the most hard trophy is "dfeadly momentum", how ... crafts don't atack = stuck in this trophy, well, i hope sony fix this n.n

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 11:17 PM
Owing to the numerous issues some are experiencing in 2.50, please use this thread to report exactly what's happening. As before, report any problems here using the template below. Do not use this thread for discussion, limit each post to the report only. This link has been forwarded to Stuart Lovegrove.

Game region version [EU/US/JP/etc]:
Game update number [downloaded fixes]:
Firmware version:
Console version and harddrive size:
Custom soundtrack, yes or no:
Controller type:
Options settings:
Online/Offline:

P_Denton
13th April 2012, 12:22 AM
Game region version : EU
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.50
Firmware version: 4.11
Console version and harddrive size: PS3 FAT 40GB
Custom soundtrack : yes
Options settings: Zone battle ?
Track [if any] where error occurs: Anulpha Pass fwd/Talon's Junction rev/Modesto Heights rev/most probably anywhere

In a ZB room, one and only one player would systematically have invisible barriers. They don't cause warnings to show up on the HUD.

To be a bit more precise, I started a ZB room on TJ rev. About 4 people joined. I got a lot of invisible barriers. I resumed hosting for another game at APf where I also encountered invisible barriers. I rebooted the console and came back into the room which Colonel_Gaddafi hosted. We were 3, meesiash being the third player. I didn't have those invisible barriers anymore, but meesiash told us he'd hit some (and I did see him hit something invisible on one occasion) in the next two games we played.

Their placement is a bit off. For instance, I ran into one on APf while falling off the overpass after the "tunnel" section with a zone score of 0.2. I don't think any players could've possibly spawned something there.
While the placement is dubious, they probably are linked to "real" barriers on the field. I wouldn't run into any if no one had boosted. Meesiash reported running into only one at MH rev while I hit 15 in TJ rev, which could be accounted for a lack of spamming newbies on MH rev.

Console version and harddrive size: PS3 FAT 40GB
Options settings: Anything with weapons
Track [if any] where error occurs: anywhere

Opposing leech beams are always invisible. Leech beams that would've easily connected before the patch don't.

MegaGeeza22
13th April 2012, 03:17 AM
Console version and harddrive size: Slim 500GB
Options settings: ?
Track [if any] where error occurs: ?

1) Leaderboards not updated

BlackReign
13th April 2012, 08:18 AM
Game region version : USA
Console version and harddrive size: Fat (1st gen) 60GB
Options settings: N/A

1st attempt: Downloaded the 2.5 patch and installed. Still can't access online play. Trying to get online resulted in going back to the game's main menu.

2nd Attempt: Deleted WOHD install and re-downloaded. Installed 2.5 patch. Still can't access online play. Get the following errors "An error has occured while logging in to the Wipeout servers. This account is already logged in. Please wait a moment and try again." or "An error occurred while updating the game. Please try again".

tug_14
13th April 2012, 10:31 AM
Game region version : europe (france)
Console version and harddrive size: Fat (1st gen) 90GB
Options settings: N/A

2 attempt with same result ... console freezing
i was on vinet f and my console has freezed when im tried to use weapon ... a 2048 weapon
so i ask to dev from sl ... 2048 weapon are avalaible on HD ? i don't think when i see what's happenning

Cipher
14th April 2012, 06:28 PM
same zone battle issue here

was hosting at the time

also, those leech beams, i often see those from people in front of me leeching from me (so backwards leech beam), though my shield is not getting drained (i was host there as well)

Cipher

EDIT whooaaaaa, is there a form?

Console version and harddrive size: Slim 300GB
Options settings: ?
Track [if any] where error occurs: ?

docfo4r
30th June 2012, 09:47 PM
Can confirm the leech beam bug Cipher talked about. I was host in the last BB and saw some strikes on my ship aswell.

Another thing I recognized while racing online is that sometimes there are one or two people which ships are always half transparent, for example like in the beginning of the race. When I shoot them, it seems like that sometimes even the weapons won't take any effect. I don't know about their shield energy then but at least they don't slow down after being hit. And I was sure I hit them and they had no shield active.
Will host another event tmrw. Will also videotape it. If the error occures again, I'll upload it. But to see that transparent-stuff, you can check out Ciphers video from the HD2097 channel. At the end, you see Wario's ship is just black. And even it's not so good to see, I believe his ship is transparent at least after half of the race for the rest of the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxa5pR-A_4&feature=g-upl

docfo4r
30th June 2012, 09:51 PM
Sorry for double posting, seems like my browser needs a fix aswell :|

ericd7
4th July 2012, 04:26 PM
Game region version: Europe
Console version and harddrive size: Slim 160Go
Options Settings: N/A
Online mode

Some problems to connect to Wipeout servers / can be ejected from servers while playing.
Same problems in Zone Battle mode where you get hitted by invisible barriers.
Random issues with quake and leech beam you can't launch.

Thanks.

Koarl
16th July 2012, 06:28 AM
Koarl

Game region version: Europe
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.51
Firmware version: 4.21
Console version and harddrive size: Slim 320
Options Settings: N/A
Online mode

Same problems like someone above.

1st attempt: Downloaded the 2.51 patch and installed. Can't access online play. Trying to get online resulted in going back to the game's main menu.

2nd Attempt: Deleted WOHD install and re-downloaded. Installed 2.51 patch. Still can't access online play. Get the following errors "An error has occured while logging in to the Wipeout servers. This account is already logged in. Please wait a moment and try again." or "An error occurred while updating the game. Please try again".

Though i can Crossplay with my PS Vita on same account without problems.
Created a new account on PS3 and can play online again, just with new account.
But also problems there that console freezes sometimes when joining online game.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd July 2012, 05:44 PM
Slight change to proceedings here. In order to maintain some uniformity with the newly created Vita bug reporting thread, please use the following template instead:

Title (a brief description of the issue)

Frequency (how many times you have experienced it)

Step by step guide (a run through of exactly what happened prior to the issue, explained in the simplest manner)

Result (The issue itself, what happened afterwards and what you did to try to fix the problem ie quitting back to the main menu.)

Online or Offline (where you signed into PSN at the time?)

PSN ID (Your PSN ID )

Any posts with issues relating to v2.51 have been noted, but if you are still experiencing issues backdating to a previous version then please repost them here in the new template

Thanks

afuroKy
31st August 2012, 09:43 AM
Title : 100% exact same issue as in post #148
PSN ID : afuroKy

Black Funkster
20th October 2012, 06:05 AM
Title: Cannot connect to any lobbies; get disconnected mid-match regularly; cannot return online after disconnection.

Frequency: Very frequently. Every second race or so after initial connection.

Step by step guide: After signing in, and trying to join an existing game, my PlayStation attempts to do so, but then an error message pops up with words to the effect of "An error occurred while trying to connect", and it boots me back to Wipeout HD Fury's main menu. Upon retrying, I get an endless "connecting" screen that just sits there indefinitely. I once left it for 45 minutes and it still did not go anywhere. If I do manage to get into the race, I then get a similar error message during every second or third race or so, and once again get sent back to the main menu.

Result: I've tried manually signing out of the PSN, and then trying to sign in again. I have also done this in conjunction with quitting the game. This has not worked, so I have been forced to hard-reset my console. This worked sometimes, but all today it hasn't fixed anything. So now I'm unable to play online at all.

Online or Offline: Both (see above)

PSN ID: blackyfunkster

Some additional information: I'm playing a European copy (I'm from Australia), running it on a 120Gb Slim PS3, and have the latest software and firmware updates. I do use custom music tracks.

Hellfire_WZ
20th October 2012, 09:28 AM
Best thing to try is Playstation customer services, there's no dev tem anymore.