PDA

View Full Version : Online Modes - What would you like to see?

Keenan
1st October 2008, 03:40 PM
As the title says, what new modes would you like to see being added to the online mode?

Personally I'd love to see a so called Random Draw Speed Lap Elimination mode.

For Example, 8 people start in the tournament and get randomly drawn to face each other. They start about 5 seconds before the start line and have a boost to use before the start line and 1 after it.

You could have the option of a straight forward fight to the line, or doing it individually to try and set the 'purest' speed time.

Whoever sets the fastest time between the 2 progress to the semi's, and the other person is eliminated.

Cygnuz
1st October 2008, 03:44 PM
Thats a good idea, based off of your idea it would also be neat a pure elimination mode as the PSP games, 8 laps and on each lap the last place gets eliminated.

Syntek
1st October 2008, 04:20 PM
I'd love to see the return of Elimination mode and the Repulser (typo i think? lol) weapon

Miths
1st October 2008, 04:44 PM
Same here. I really miss Elimination mode - though I've only tried it offline in Pulse.

Amon
1st October 2008, 04:49 PM
I'd like to see team racing done this way:

At the end of the race the total times of the players in the same team are added, so we have one total team time.

The same is made for the other teams, the team with the lowest total time wins.

Another way to do team racing, "le mans stile"

1 player starts, after 3 laps he has to stop. Once he's standing still, the other team mate takes control of the ship, and so on. This mode requires modifications to the tracks, pits where to stop the ships should me made.

A switch to exclude barrel rolls would be nice too.

A tournament made of 1 vs 1 rounds "champions league" style would be cool, quarter finals, semifinals etc etc. While waiting your turn you could watch the race live.

Rubix42
1st October 2008, 05:10 PM
I think LeMans type races would be cool, but it would be better to just have it automatically switch at the end of a lap though, like have an autopilot switch on when you hit the straight to the finish, and pass control to the other player when it switches off.

multibodydynamics
1st October 2008, 05:20 PM
I would definitely like to see the possibility to add a title when you create an online race or tournament. This title should be displayed in the online list over available games. Some spontaneous ideas for titles:
-No pilot assist
-12 race tournament
-Weapons off
-Vineta K 12 times in a row
-Bling Brigade Trophy
-Only Piranha allowed
etc.

I hope for the ability to turn pilot assist off.

Keenan
1st October 2008, 05:24 PM
Pilot Assist hinders you in my opinion http://images.pesfan.com/smilies/confused.gif

Boost
1st October 2008, 07:40 PM
I would definitely like to see the possibility to add a title when you create an online race or tournament. This title should be displayed in the online list over available games. Some spontaneous ideas for titles:
-No pilot assist
-12 race tournament
-Weapons off
-Bling Brigade Trophy
-Only Piranha allowed
etc.

I agree :+

Lance
1st October 2008, 08:27 PM
It occurs to me to wonder if it is actually possible to add race modes to HD.

If not, the suggestions/requests should go on the wishlist in the WipEout Future section.

mdhay
1st October 2008, 08:30 PM
Zone mode, but:

players pass through each other.

When players die, they turn in to observer mode.

lunar
1st October 2008, 08:37 PM
Online zone would rock, yes. The most important thing would be the ability to see your opponent`s shield level and the temptation to look at it......

My wish list:

An enable/disable Pilot Assist option for hosts, and the ability to search for games on that option. Failing that, or possibly aswell as that, I`d like to see a constant speed reduction for PA.

Pre-set tournaments like Alpha, Beta etc in Pure

Bug fixes

Some mechanism to prevent lapped players from affecting the outcome of races.

Bigger fonts on the lobby menu so I can see how many races are in a tour on my old TV.

BornToBeMild
2nd October 2008, 12:03 AM
-No pilot assist
-12 race tournament
-Weapons off
-Bling Brigade Trophy
-Only Piranha allowed
etc.

This...and Online Stats. :+

mdhay
2nd October 2008, 05:54 AM
It occurs to me to wonder if it is actually possible to add race modes to HD.

If not, the suggestions/requests should go on the wishlist in the WipEout Future section.

Konami did it with Metak Gear Online, so it might be possible in DLC.

Skvall
2nd October 2008, 08:27 AM
I think new modes would be fun. Like team tournaments and stuff like that.

But!
I think they should use their time to add small features and delete bugs to make the online experience better first. After that they can concentrate on new modes.

Im thinking about stuff like:
* A better working voice chat(the sound, and that you dont have to press a button to speak)
* Change music while in online mode (and access to the music via XMB instead of ingame! I cant stream music from the computer as it is now)
* Invite friends/recently met to your game via XMB
* Add people to recently met list (if that isnt already in, i havent checked..)
* Join the server friends/recently met are playing on via XMB(without an invite needed)
* Text chat in the lobby (shouldnt be needed but too few on ps3 use headset to chat with so yes, its needed anyway..)
* A better server browser, with more information visible in the list and filters for them. (ping, host can choose name on server, pilot assist on/off, respawn on/off etc.)
* Host should be able to change more stuff while in the lobby, as an example the number of friendslots reserved. And all the new stuff hopefully added like pilot assist on/off, respawn on/off etc.

I could keep on but some of these are the more important ones I guess..

Keenan
2nd October 2008, 10:26 PM
Konami did it with Metak Gear Online, so it might be possible in DLC.

Infinity Ward also done it with COD4.

Syntek
2nd October 2008, 10:54 PM
as far as i'm concerned, Konami and Infinity Ward didn't make Wipeout HD.

Keenan
3rd October 2008, 12:39 AM
Well we were stating to Lance it was possible ok??? Are you that dumb you didn't see that?

T_Scarface_M
3rd October 2008, 12:49 AM
as far as i'm concerned, Konami and Infinity Ward didn't make Wipeout HD.

Shut the **** up seriously, your a twat. All you do is try and start arguments over nothing. **** OFF if its nothing to do with you. Im sick you and your petty self.

Lion
3rd October 2008, 01:01 AM
that looks like a great way to get a good thread locked, guys.
I like the ideas below:

An enable/disable Pilot Assist option for hosts, and the ability to search for games on that option.

Pre-set tournaments like Alpha, Beta etc in Pure

Some mechanism to prevent lapped players from affecting the outcome of races.if players that weren't on the same lap as you became translucent like those that never cross the start line, that would solve it nicely :)

I'd love to see the return of Elimination mode and the Repulsor weaponseconded

I would definitely like to see the possibility to add a title when you create an online race or tournament.I have been wishing for this since the first time I hopped online... I always named my games with WZ at the start in pulse, it helped find better players :)

Asayyeah
3rd October 2008, 08:15 AM
Scarface : calm down ok?

Harlequiine
3rd October 2008, 11:43 AM
I'd like an elimination system (as had been mentioned previously) and maybe a type of drag race.

Dogg Thang
3rd October 2008, 11:58 AM
I play drag at the weekends.

And go by the name 'Dolly'.

Lance
3rd October 2008, 04:52 PM
Oddly enough, that is something I do nOt do. Go figure. ;)

-----

Re: Scarface: Passion is a wonderful thing, but it can be misused.

-----

I hope you guys are right and that race modes can be added. Thanks for the info. :)